Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

A Sometimes Food posted:

AAI's flailing reminds me of my flailing as scum a few games back when I misread the thread and mixed in scum knowledge accidentally in my posts. Like it could be an innocent misread but it is really reminiscent of me loving up as scum a few games back.

I never pushed a narrative keane scumslipped. I noted Keane made a post in river chat that could have been read as a scumslip, but then noted it was unlikely he was killed for it as he was probably killed by scum. This constant misreading of my posts has got me self conscious. Were my posts that poorly worded or are people deliberately mischaracterising my posts?

keane: lol we killed the empowerer
bowmore: MMMMMM YOURE NOT IN THE SCUM CHAT!!
a sometimes food: I GUESS WE HAVE DAY 2 SORTED!!

I don't like how you two immediately piped in planting the seed that keane scumslipped. no one else remarked on the comment beside bowmore and then you disappeared from the chat even though keane kept prodding with irl questions... toalpaz and bowmore was at least engaging with casual chat.

are you really surprised that im surprised when all you did last night was make a quip about killing keane day 2 and then disappearing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

A Sometimes Food posted:

Except there's no reason to trust our "riverbank peeps" and the other nightkill was scum, so assuming Keane was killed by townies, is assuming scum had no nk. Which is knowledge town wouldn't normally have.

cute of you that you think I thought that far ahead.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

don't call me out for having trust that the riverbank peeps are actually townies that killed the obvious target.

wouldn't town be less willing to be so trusting?

It's like the default thought underwriting your 'keane probs killed by town' post is that the other players at the river were town, and that's an interesting assumption for you to have made.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't like how you two immediately piped in planting the seed that keane scumslipped. no one else remarked on the comment beside bowmore and then you disappeared from the chat even though keane kept prodding with irl questions... toalpaz and bowmore was at least engaging with casual chat.

are you really surprised that im surprised when all you did last night was make a quip about killing keane day 2 and then disappearing?

:yikes:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Tired Moritz posted:

If this was an academic honesty committee I'm not sure it would pass muster, but it sure is not copy and pasted. :mrwhite:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

Deja vu

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

I dropped my poo poo post there at ~11pm my time, the last post in our chat was ~8:45am my time. I was asleep.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

A Sometimes Food posted:

AAI's flailing reminds me of my flailing as scum a few games back when I misread the thread and mixed in scum knowledge accidentally in my posts. Like it could be an innocent misread but it is really reminiscent of me loving up as scum a few games back.

I never pushed a narrative keane scumslipped. I noted Keane made a post in river chat that could have been read as a scumslip, but then noted it was unlikely he was killed for it as he was probably killed by scum. This constant misreading of my posts has got me self conscious. Were my posts that poorly worded or are people deliberately mischaracterising my posts?

Also

You were the person to post this in the thread despite the fact the other nightkill was of scum and you should have assumed the Keane nk was by scum. Combined with AAI slipping that he assumed scum got blocked, I'm wondering if scum got blocked and both Moritz and AAI slipped up by posting with that in mind.

##vote Tired Moritz

Max posted:

Keane was likely the scum kill

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Okay. I misunderstood something.

Flerp was on the mountain with me. Tobbs was there and he got himself killed on the first night. I had thought that someone either blocked Tobbs or Flerp at the time, from killing any of us. Then Max comes in inferring that the scum that did the killing was with Keane. I made the mistake that scum could kill more than one person each night, and let the discoveries fog my head.

I will not happen again in the future. I'ms sorry. :(

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##vote tm

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
if that's not paraphrased enough, then uhhh oh well.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

I'd have let it slide, but you keep bringing this poo poo up instead of acknowledging a mistake, then AAI came in with the same train of thought.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

A Sometimes Food posted:

I'd have let it slide, but you keep bringing this poo poo up instead of acknowledging a mistake, then AAI came in with the same train of thought.

but remember that I brought that up as a possibility when we were still confused if Hal got murdered and we had hours to think it through. Even you said it yourself that you thought that it was possible that scum was blocked.

A Sometimes Food posted:

Keane was unlikely to have been killed by a townie though, the other nightkill victim was scum. Keane would probably have been killed by scum while vig/3p killed Tobbs.

If three kills happen tonight, it's possible scum got stopped n1 and we got two vig/3p kills n1.

but it's clear that we were just exploring options.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tired Moritz posted:

not exactly how it happened but ok

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
duh, I can't say the exact words or Ra will nuke me.

Though Im now worried that I will be so :(

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

bowmore posted:

not exactly how it happened but ok

And how did it happen exactly Bowmore?

:rubshands:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I don't like how my throwing of theories in the early day is equivalent as

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Okay. I misunderstood something.

Flerp was on the mountain with me. Tobbs was there and he got himself killed on the first night. I had thought that someone either blocked Tobbs or Flerp at the time, from killing any of us. Then Max comes in inferring that the scum that did the killing was with Keane. I made the mistake that scum could kill more than one person each night, and let the discoveries fog my head.

I will not happen again in the future. I'ms sorry. :(

which doesn't make much sense because
1) when has there been any point in this game where it's insinuated that scum can kill two people and only with the map that they're in
2) even if there's a scum that can kill two people, why would it be that when they get roleblocked, you only killed one person? how the hell is that decided?
3) flerp wasn't even scum so wtf

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

but remember that I brought that up as a possibility when we were still confused if Hal got murdered and we had hours to think it through. Even you said it yourself that you thought that it was possible that scum was blocked.

but it's clear that we were just exploring options.

What post did you say that you brought up that scum got blocked. AFAIK I was the one who suggested it. Is this to say you believe this happened now?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't like how my throwing of theories in the early day is equivalent as

which doesn't make much sense because
1) when has there been any point in this game where it's insinuated that scum can kill two people and only with the map that they're in
2) even if there's a scum that can kill two people, why would it be that when they get roleblocked, you only killed one person? how the hell is that decided?
3) flerp wasn't even scum so wtf

The idea that scum can kill more than one player is something broken, and I don't think any mod is willing to do exactly this thing.

From Max's statement, with the knowledge of Flerp as SK that mafia attacked Keane, and that Flerp had attacked Keane; Hal was out because he could no longer meet his win condition. Not unless someone wants to take credit for killing Keane.

Scum got their target. And so did an SK. Hal just could no longer win. There was nobody who blocked scum, unless Keane's killing was not done by scum. Or if you are wanting to insinuate that

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

The idea that scum can kill more than one player is something broken, and I don't think any mod is willing to do exactly this thing.

From Max's statement, with the knowledge of Flerp as SK that mafia attacked Keane, and that Flerp had attacked Keane; Hal was out because he could no longer meet his win condition. Not unless someone wants to take credit for killing Keane.

Scum got their target. And so did an SK. Hal just could no longer win. There was nobody who blocked scum, unless Keane's killing was not done by scum. Or if you are wanting to insinuate that

maybe Keane's head just did that.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

What post did you say that you brought up that scum got blocked. AFAIK I was the one who suggested it. Is this to say you believe this happened now?

I never brought up that scum got blocked in any way. I just threw out the possibility that Keane was a townkill. I haven't even brought the possibility that Keane was a town kill after the initial discussion because oh wait, I realized that means the scum kill is missing.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

yeah but you're the one who bought up scum blocking in the first place.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

maybe Keane's head just did that.

wait, no by your logic Tobbses head just did that.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

2 days and 11 hours

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##vote humalong

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
3P Serial killer
3P Jester
3P lyncher

Village empowerer
Vengeful Villager

Betrayer Rolecop

I’m thinking there’s 4 scum.

Either way we appear to be in great shape.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I’m really happy that we flipped a scum rolecop.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

KhediveRex posted:

So, I read through Tobbs. The most important things I would note are:

A) He starts out swinging a vote on Bminus, but doesn't ever really provide a case for it. He keeps a touch of pressure on B with questions toward the end of last night but doesn't ever return his vote to B.

B) He never actually participated in any vote that's gaining momentum except a last minute switch to Infi when that became inevitable. The closest he comes is throwing a vote on DB, which he changes to Hum in his very next post.

C) His exchanges with Flerp are the core of Flerp's interaction with the game. And they're the part of the game Tobbs seems most loose and comfortable about.

As to the quote above, re-reading the day after, this should have been a dead give away. A slightly dayquil influenced Tobbs talks about they're game philosophy from a strongly not-town perspective.

Reading the game with that quote in mind, I'm paying much closer attention to Flerp. If theres a person in the thread you could say Tobbs was scum-bussing, it's flerp hands down. Playful name calling aside, neither party ever tried to build real momentum against the other. And their low-key slapfight allowed both to coast through Day 1 without a whole lot of real casing.

If you're gonna day vig someone Max, I think Flerp is an excellent candidate.

Check this out:

Tobbs and Rex are scum.
Scum submit their actions and receive results directly in scumchat (doesn’t always happen but some mods allow it)
Tobbs rolecops flerp - receives serial killer result. Tobbs dies but his teammates still learn flerps role.
Rex crafts the above post as a way to eliminate flerp from the game without having to waste a night kill

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

b-minus1 posted:

Check this out:

Tobbs and Rex are scum.
Scum submit their actions and receive results directly in scumchat (doesn’t always happen but some mods allow it)
Tobbs rolecops flerp - receives serial killer result. Tobbs dies but his teammates still learn flerps role.
Rex crafts the above post as a way to eliminate flerp from the game without having to waste a night kill

the bolded part isn't giving the mod much credit

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Teammates should never receive results from a dead player. If pig runs things differently then fair enough but that's never ever how I would do it.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
but then again, maybe that is how the mechanics work.....:shrug:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

b-minus1 posted:

Check this out:

Tobbs and Rex are scum.

nice theory but considering it relies on the bolded part, I kinda doubt it. But Rex could just be a scum tracker/watcher who saw Flerp murder Tobbs.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Rex wasn’t at the mountains, I think.

Tbh I agreed with Rex’s assessment at the time and that “is flerp scum” itch was already present, I see how he could have come to that conclusion.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I don't see how Rex being in the mountain matters though?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
hello everyone

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

hello everyone

hello

Toalpaz