Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I actually dunno about Hum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't see how Rex being in the mountain matters though?

I'm going off of how the previous games worked. You could only really do night action stuff in the location you were in. If it's still the same system, Rex wouldn't have been able to track the kill.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You could argue there was another scum in the mountains as well that did that, and Rex is just the one relaying the results, I suppose.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm down for Hum if he doesn't come back and like, post more.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Max posted:

I'm down for Hum if he doesn't come back and like, post more.

I mean it sounds like this is full on night action mafia so yeah whatever but looking back on d1 I don't see much to go on for Hum.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Dick Bastardly posted:

given the uncertain nature of my likelihood of survival I'd like to point out that my role was blocked or otherwise failed. Not a big surprise I guess given my claim.

Who did you attempt to jail last night?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Regardless of db’s alignment, I believe his jailer claim. And I’m reasonably confident that there is a roleblocker in this game as well.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Ok, I’m a little confused.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Why is Binus pushing me while only casing KRex (someone I was suspicious of yesterday and am still pretty suspicious of) and Tobbs, dead flipped scum?

Furthermore why are people going along with this weird hedging?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

The masonry stuff with ASF and bowmore doesn’t give me good feelings but I don’t know if it’s enough to act on.

Scum NKing a jester is amusing.

AAI seems perpetually confused about game events.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Max posted:

I'm going off of how the previous games worked. You could only really do night action stuff in the location you were in. If it's still the same system, Rex wouldn't have been able to track the kill.

if this is the case then that might also explain my failure as well :doh:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Flerp being SK and killing Tobbs at the first opportunity is hilarious, and Max taking Flerp out makes me feel pretty good about Max being town.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

b-minus1 posted:

Who did you attempt to jail last night?

its u

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Quarrychat was fun and made me feel pretty good about DB. Clord is a little more iffy, but I would lean town at this point. Merk didn’t talk to us a single time but he also didn’t read the thread so that’s not an issue any more.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Gonna reread TM and xiw, they’ve both been a lot more active today than yesterday so I need to re-gauge my opinions of them (which was a solid “lurker” read by end of day 1).

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

are you serious?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

b-minus1 posted:

are you serious?

yes actually

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
lmao owned. im glad your action failed

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Mr. Humalong posted:

The masonry stuff with ASF and bowmore doesn’t give me good feelings but I don’t know if it’s enough to act on.

Masonry?

I was referring to us both being on the riverbank, being at a location is like a randomised, unconfirmed masonry. ie no ability to trust anyone there.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Like for real am I communicating really badly or are people just misrepresenting me constantly.

Or just paying no attention.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

A Sometimes Food posted:

Masonry?

I was referring to us both being on the riverbank, being at a location is like a randomised, unconfirmed masonry. ie no ability to trust anyone there.

Yes the locations are basically one-night unconfirmed masonries

I meant the people throwing shade at you and bowmore for saying one thing and then disappearing

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I feel like the whole, you can only search the people you're in groups with, is kinda misleading. It's not in the OP, and regardless of the fact that it's in the other games, kinda doesn't matter when other mechanics from the older games aren't brought in.

Would it be improper if CapPig comes down and clarify about that?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
im the only person throwing shade let's be honest.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

im the only person throwing shade let's be honest.

Mmmm, i feel like Toalpaz did the same thing at the start of the day. I’ve been in bed with a fever since yesterday so maybe my memory is not as great as it could be.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
for now, im not gonna worry to much about the searching mechanics of the different locations, other than treating them as unconfirmed masonries. i doubt anyone has much to report after n1 anyway.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
we won't find the secret till day 4 anyway so whatever

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I would like to know definitively if that rule about night actions only being valid on players that share a location with you is also a rule in this iteration of dorado

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Dick Bastardly posted:

I would like to know definitively if that rule about night actions only being valid on players that share a location with you is also a rule in this iteration of dorado

i don't think cpig is obligated to provide that information to us. It's d2, we'll figure it out eventually.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
why? that's stupid to keep a secret.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Okay. I misunderstood something.

Flerp was on the mountain with me. Tobbs was there and he got himself killed on the first night. I had thought that someone either blocked Tobbs or Flerp at the time, from killing any of us. Then Max comes in inferring that the scum that did the killing was with Keane. I made the mistake that scum could kill more than one person each night, and let the discoveries fog my head.

I will not happen again in the future. I'ms sorry. :(

can anyone tell me if they buy into this excuse? because I still don't understand this at all.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

can anyone tell me if they buy into this excuse? because I still don't understand this at all.

it's up there with assuming town killed Keane.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I wanted an actual answer instead of a mean snarky reply :(

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh that wasn't meant to be mean or snarky, but its the truth. I don't know what to make out of these posts that look like they're being made with extra info

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
oh.

but why double kills? was that a thing in the last game?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Here's where I stand re TM and AAI. AAI is not here and posting.

Well... same with rex. I really wish we had more reads on active and inactive posters. I think Rex is off the table for basically catching Flerp with Max. I think it would be nice if people commented on whether they think Tobbs was bussing AAI or not, because flipped scum did make a statement about AAI and it probably should be considered.

I talk about it here:

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah I was just reading through Tobbs, and something that interests me is this push towards AAI. Is this scum bussing or just like... is this a push towards a weak player or scum bussing? He was early on AAI vote so it wasn't like a knife in the back hrm. Im inclined to think it was a random vote on a weak town player that Tobbs saw as an opportunity. But it wasn't a very extensive case.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

oh.

but why double kills? was that a thing in the last game?

probably just a balance thing for this particular set up.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Toalpaz posted:

probably just a balance thing for this particular set up.

I'm just a bit confused why a townie would jump into thinking that scum would have double kills. Feels like a large leap of logic to think that 1)there's a double kill scum, 2)that also happened to be roleblocked instead of just thinking that there was one kill on keane.

And ya know, Tobbs was scum so did AAI thought scum killed a member of themselves...?

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

Tired Moritz posted:

And ya know, Tobbs was scum so did AAI thought scum killed a member of themselves...?

To be perfectly fair this is what you proposed at first be saying that Keane must have been killed by a Townie.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm not sure where it was suggested that scum have two kills, and used one of them to kill Tobbs, one of their own team? TM are you're saying someone said that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

Here's where I stand re TM and AAI. AAI is not here and posting.

Well... same with rex. I really wish we had more reads on active and inactive posters. I think Rex is off the table for basically catching Flerp with Max . I think it would be nice if people commented on whether they think Tobbs was bussing AAI or not, because flipped scum did make a statement about AAI and it probably should be considered.

I talk about it here:

Just today?