Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I lol'd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
South Africa choke more than Michael Hutchene in a hotel room

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
Holy poo poo, what great news to wake up to. Well done the Lankan lads.

Reminder that in his last test Perera was knocked loopy in the first innings and retired hurt, then was out first ball in the second innings.

Now he goes beast mode to beat the South Africans in South Africa, smacking Steyn and Rabada around to do it. What a legend. Like Lara in 1999. http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/15847/scorecard/63839/west-indies-vs-australia-3rd-test-australia-tour-of-west-indies-1998-99

Test Cricket Best Cricket.

gently caress off BBL Final, nobody likes you.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
in honor of the BBL final which is lighting up this thread here is a graph of BBL attendences, with this season in purple

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Sir Shane Warne is happy with the 30k attendance at the comic book stadium

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Finch’s little hissy fit was pretty funny to me though

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

BBL is good, but it is far too long. Get it finished around 20 Jan I feel. Have some fun cricket in the evenings during the summer break. But once everyone is back to work start wrapping it up

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

This final is as one sided as pretty much every other bbl game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the random rear end Pakistan Super League game i watched had Misbah-Ul-Haq score 49 despite being a hundred years old so that's already more exciting than anything in Big Bash League 08

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Misbah Ul-Haq rules.

I am still annoyed at Brendan McCullum for beating his fastest test century record.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

As I was saying about the bbl

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Nice choke there by the Stars.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Textbook grasping defeat from the jaws of victory there. South Africa wont be feeling so bad after that.

Franko
Apr 25, 2007
Something to bring the AFL and cricket thread together

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Handsome Pat Cummins has swooped in to grab the number 1 test bowler spot after Rabada struggling against Sri Lanka

First Australian to hold that spot in 13 years

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

I thought Ryan Harris would have been No. 1 at some point.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Varkk posted:

BBL is good, but it is far too long. Get it finished around 20 Jan I feel. Have some fun cricket in the evenings during the summer break. But once everyone is back to work start wrapping it up

play the final on what is currently Australia day.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Same except MiJo after that Ashes series where he ripped through England

Also lol that I left Australia six weeks ago and the loving Big Bash is still going in mid February

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Next season the BBL should run until at least Easter, have 3 or 4 more teams, matches consisting of 2 10 over innings and 30% more explosions.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

I'm an England fan and Ryan Harris is my favourite Aussie bowler since warne.

He actually bowled a delivery I could only dream off.

He turned the ball 90° so that the seem was along the knuckles instead of between the fingers, and when he bowled it he imparted a bit of back spin so that when it pitched it stood-up on the batsman.

Showed that despite bowling express, he was also trying to out think the opposition.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
Ryan Harris and Shane Bond are the two bowlers I'm sad we didn't get to see more of.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

notaspy posted:

I'm an England fan and Ryan Harris is my favourite Aussie bowler since warne.

He actually bowled a delivery I could only dream off.

He turned the ball 90° so that the seem was along the knuckles instead of between the fingers, and when he bowled it he imparted a bit of back spin so that when it pitched it stood-up on the batsman.

Showed that despite bowling express, he was also trying to out think the opposition.
Isn't this just cross-seam bowling? Fast bowlers have done this for ages.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Apparently.

Ty man, I thought it was something new.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Southee does it a bit, Wagner too. But anyway, Ryan Harris was really cool and good and so was that Sri Lankan win.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

I used to do it in high school cricket because I was loving hopeless at keeping the seam upright

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They don't do it enough imo, too scared of getting slogged.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

webmeister posted:

I used to do it in high school cricket because I was loving hopeless at keeping the seam upright

:same:

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Hot take: batsmen strike rates should be measured in RPO instead of runs per 100 balls.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

lol, good Southee turned up.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

More like Bad-lol-trash

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Update from NZ/Bangladesh:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I wonder what the result will be???

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Varkk posted:

lol, good Southee turned up.

Turned up a 7 run per over economy rate.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Southee is so loving poo poo

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

poo poo gets wickets.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Tim Smarshthee

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Matt Henry had drat well better still be first choice ahead of Southee for the World Cup

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Good to see England are now poo poo at all formats of cricket now.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
~370 could be on if Gayle doesn't get tired, which he might. He has a history of just tailing off and needing a sit down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
His legs are crumbling. He's gonna have a big nap in the field.