Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
thank you for a brief summary of people's postings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Tired Moritz posted:

thank you for a brief summary of people's postings.

##vote tired moritz

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
really? are you going to tell me that's not what they just did. just dump a bunch of "hot takes" without making a secure stance of whether any of those people are scum, and then afked off again?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Zoom.

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Toalpaz: Skeptical to any information given and appears not to trust players' testimony. One thing I've noticed is his support of Tired Moritz on his arguments. Could be another case of bad faith. And looking at what he thinks scum would do.

Enhance.

Zoom.

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Toalpaz: information given and appears not to trust players' testimony. One thing I've his support of on his arguments. Could be another case of bad faith. And looking at what he thinks scum would

Enhance.

Zoom.

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Toalpaz: given and appears not to trust players' testimony. One I've his support of on his arguments. be another case of bad faith. And looking at what he thinks scum

Enhance.

Zoom.

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Toalpaz: and appears not to trust players' testimony. One I've his of on his arguments. be another case of faith. And looking at what he scum

Enhance.

Zoom.

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Toalpaz: and not to trust players' testimony. One I've his of on his be another case of faith. And at what he scum

Enhance.

Zoom.

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Toalpaz: not to trust players' testimony. One I've his of on his be case of faith. And at he scum

Enhance.

Zoom.

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Toalpaz: not trust testimony. One his of on his be case of faith. he scum

Enhance.

Zoom.

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Toalpaz: testimony. his of on his be case he scum

Enhance.

Zoom.

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Toalpaz: his of on his be case he scum

Enhance.

Zoom.

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Toalpaz: his his he

Enhance.

No something isn't right about this picture.

Also lol arguing that you AAI are scum is not a defense of TM. I do not care. I offered my read of the situation and am not defending him. I can have an opinion that is different than other peoples.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
and yeah of course AAI comes out of nowhere when someone plants a vote on them

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
and can people shut the gently caress up about me "arguing that town killed keane" when I made exactly 3 posts about it just saying that it was a possibility?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It was you who made that bad Rex case though right?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Oh you want me to say that I think Toalpaz and TM are scum? Okay fine.

I believe Toalpaz and TM are scum.

I believe you two are acting on bad faith and refusing to admit it. I can pardon the former, but not the latter.

##vote TM

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
What Rex Case? The one from b-minus where all I did is added this?

Tired Moritz posted:

nice theory but considering it relies on the bolded part, I kinda doubt it. But Rex could just be a scum tracker/watcher who saw Flerp murder Tobbs.

or this, which is less of a case and me pointing out Rex's case on xiw

KhediveRex posted:

We can assume scum sent someone to both the mountains and the river, because they could safely guess a good number of people would be in both locations. Evidenced by scum Tobbs flipping at the mountain. That leaves one of the desert, the cliffs and the quarry as empty of scum by neccesity. Which means if you pick two locations from those three, you are highly likely to find at least one scum.

The two best locations to test the theory are the desert with one candidate (xiw) and the cliffs with two candidates (rex and somber). One of these three people should be scum.

Personally, I trust somber and am presently unwilling to place a vote on him. That leaves Xiw. I will give him a very thorough reading and return with additional things to think about. But, for the moment, let's discuss the possibility.

##vote Xiw

Tired Moritz posted:

Also how convenient is that Rex managed to make an entire new theory that conveniently throws a blanket of innocence around himself. Honestly, it's still highly possible that Rex is a scum tracker/watcher and saw his friend got shanked. Especially since a rolecop for scum would be incredibly useful, so I doubt it that it went unprotected in some way.

is very convenient because it allows him to plant a vote on someone that never posts and also make him seem more innocent because he and sombrebro can't be scum so it must be all the other people in the other areas.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Oh you want me to say that I think Toalpaz and TM are scum? Okay fine.

I believe Toalpaz and TM are scum.

I believe you two are acting on bad faith and refusing to admit it. I can pardon the former, but not the latter.

##vote TM

yeah, of course AAI only comes with a vote when I goaded him. Trust me, after I'm dead, you'll never see another post from AAI in the entire game.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what if ya'll just trusted me that hambeet is scum

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
"Toalpaz have opinions that are different from most of the thread so that means they must be scum"

yes, being suspicious of people in a game where there's liars IS BAD and SCUMMY.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

bowmore posted:

bowmore if you have any form of a result on beet that you want to claim, I guarantee you will live through the night as long as you are correct and beet flips scum. also, if you should consider visiting the mountain with me.

this is not a doctor claim, so any protective roles out there, do not counter claim.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

b-minus1 posted:

bowmore if you have any form of a result on beet that you want to claim, I guarantee you will live through the night as long as you are correct and beet flips scum. also, if you should consider visiting the mountain with me.

this is not a doctor claim, so any protective roles out there, do not counter claim.
i cannot confirm or deny

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I was trying to say my pronouns are: they and them, as opposed to he and him.

ilu AAI keep up the good fight, flail harder, etc etc.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

bowmore posted:

I guess I missed your case on beet, is it anything beyond a gut read?

b-minus1 posted:

:stare:

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Alright... Time for another hot take.

Tired Moritz: Argued that Town killed Keane. Believed wrong statement that scum got blocked was a scum slip. Continues to argue based on post frequency. Unwilling to andmit to bad faith except to hang him if it satisfies the town.

b-minus: Hopped from Humalong to self to put pressure on the latter.

Hambeet: Looking for less obvious targets. Want to believe that he's looking for whomever tries to defend self for anything that seems unusual or out of character.

Toalpaz: Skeptical to any information given and appears not to trust players' testimony. One thing I've noticed is his support of Tired Moritz on his arguments. Could be another case of bad faith. And looking at what he thinks scum would do.

Self: Before discovery of SK, saw one neutral players die and a scum player die, and posited that Scum must have been blocked. Had believed Tobbs would've attacked and didn't. Thought that was strange. Couldn't articulate statement in time. Tried to apologize for error in judgement made.

:stare:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

Also lol arguing that you AAI are scum is not a defense of TM. I do not care. I offered my read of the situation and am not defending him. I can have an opinion that is different than other peoples.

Can you explain what it is you don't care about, here? You don't care that AAI and TM both might be scum? You don't care that AAI might be misled town and TM is scum? You don't care that AAI is scum trying to push a case on town TM? I'm confused.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

yeah, of course AAI only comes with a vote when I goaded him. Trust me, after I'm dead, you'll never see another post from AAI in the entire game.

Well the lurker rules would make it pretty easy to get rid of them, then!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Mr. Humalong posted:

Well the lurker rules would make it pretty easy to get rid of them, then!

you know lurker rules rarely work because scum would at least be prodded to post more, at least till they reach the safe zone.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I'll be honest that I still don't buy that AAI is confused scum. This is still entirely within their usual style of posting.

I'm not sold on TM being scum, but I can see the case and am willing to vote that way to avoid a no-lunch. We still have some time to discuss things, though. I'll be around for a few more hours tonight and then I should be around most of tomorrow since it's the start of my weekend (when you're off M/T your weekends don't tend to be filled with fun times away from mafia :negative:).

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

Can you explain what it is you don't care about, here? You don't care that AAI and TM both might be scum? You don't care that AAI might be misled town and TM is scum? You don't care that AAI is scum trying to push a case on town TM? I'm confused.

:/

I don't care anymore for those dumb arguments that I'm defending someone when I'm trying to be as clear as possible that I have a case that I am trying to follow through with.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

:/

I don't care anymore for those dumb arguments that I'm defending someone when I'm trying to be as clear as possible that I have a case that I am trying to follow through with.

Ah, ok. That makes more sense. Thanks.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
of and if I get to 6 votes, i'll just out my role and stuff. not sure if it's be useful or sway anything but whatevs!!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

Lol

There is no read, there is no result, he's just got a vibe.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Actually it'd be more accurate to say, bowmores case is based on my meta from 2 years ago in auspol mafia

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

I'll be honest that I still don't buy that AAI is confused scum. This is still entirely within their usual style of posting.

I'm not sold on TM being scum, but I can see the case and am willing to vote that way to avoid a no-lunch. We still have some time to discuss things, though. I'll be around for a few more hours tonight and then I should be around most of tomorrow since it's the start of my weekend (when you're off M/T your weekends don't tend to be filled with fun times away from mafia :negative:).

Who are you more sold on then?

Also aai as confused scum; isn't toalpaz's argument a bit more than that?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

Hey I'm still heading to the mountain. I'm sorta getting mixed signals here.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

hambeet posted:

Hey I'm still heading to the mountain. I'm sorta getting mixed signals here.

As long as bowmore is full of poo poo/you aren’t scum then there won’t be a problem.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

b-minus1 posted:

As long as bowmore is full of poo poo/you aren’t scum then there won’t be a problem.
problem for who?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

and can people shut the gently caress up about me "arguing that town killed keane" when I made exactly 3 posts about it just saying that it was a possibility?

I don't think the point was that you were banging on about it, my earlier point was the mindset you would be in to assume that.

Anyway.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

What are we doing if others crash the party? Or is that secret for now?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bowmore posted:

problem for who?

For town, obviously.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

Are you talking to me?

If so I'd like to throw that back at you by asking what does killing TM specifically today benefit us over tomorrow? I don't think that the order of operations matters, its just that when all is said and done I think that I have a stronger scum read from AAI atm and I also don't understand why I'm being called scummy for disagreeing with beets.

- I think tobbs chose to scumbus a weak scum player early thinking there'd be little consequences.
- I think AAI is having a lot of trouble engaging with the game not just because he's new, but also because they're scum. He's basically only talked about night masonry stuff and TM.
- Scum could have decided to vote Inf over AAI, the vote shifted from AAI to Inf with very little in the way of reason. Which is normal when deadline draws near, but it still can mean something because it's not like AAI has been incredibly townie so far into the day.
- The push away from AAI has never really come from AAI but other players which is scummy imo.

Hmm maybe aai is the better vote. I'll think more.

But I can't untangle though that your push on aai sorta comes across like a running defense of tm..

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

A Sometimes Food sucks and they only come in the thread to FOS people that are suspicious of them

Funnily enough the people who are trying to throw shade on me are the people I find suspicious. Yeah the only explanation for that is I'm scum.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Please quote that again when I flip.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Please quote that again when I flip.

Will do.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bowmore who else is scum and why?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Well youre here, do you have any reads or??

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The Nile floods.

Who knows what this might mean for tonight.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Tired Moritz (5): hambeet, hambeet, A Sometimes Food, hambeet, KhediveRex, b-minus1, AnAnonymousIdiot
AnAnonymousIdiot (2): Tired Moritz, Dick Bastardly, hambeet, hambeet, Toalpaz, b-minus1, Toalpaz, Dick Bastardly, Toalpaz, b-minus1
b-minus1 (1): Mr. Humalong
hambeet (1): bowmore
Toalpaz (1): xiw
Mr. Humalong (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
Dick Bastardly (0): chaoslord, Toalpaz, b-minus1, bowmore, chaoslord, Toalpaz, b-minus1, bowmore
xiw (0): KhediveRex, KhediveRex

Not Voting (4): chaoslord, Dick Bastardly, Max, Somberbrero

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 18th, 2019 at 7:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 17 hours, 53 minutes.

:siren: The Nile is flooding tonight :siren: