Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

It's possible that Platinum expanded after Nier was a big hit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

they will all be masterpieces

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Transformers was good though even if it was short.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Sam Faust posted:

Transformers was good though even if it was short.

it wasn't bad but no one would care about platinum nearly as much if all of their games were that level of quality

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Policenaut posted:

Bayonetta 3, Astral Chain, Babylon's Fall, and Scalebound.

edit: also Wikipedia informs me they have 2 mobile games in development

And Platinum *just* recently left Granblue Relink, so that had to be keeping them busy.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

hatty posted:

I’ve yet to be disappointed by a Kamiya directed game. So I have faith he’ll be able to make a good game starring dragons and fake Dante.

yeah but after yesterday fake dante can never be as hard as real dante

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
If a buddy of mine and I want to go half-and-half on an online family membership, how easy will it be to separate our switches completely after that if we decide to get our own memberships, or if one of us doesn’t want to renew in a year but might want to start a separate membership again in the future, etc?

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 19, 2019

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

So The Caligula Effect: Overdose is coming out next month. Has anyone played this before? I'm hoping it's like Persona. Is it?

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

Shovel Knight: King of Cards is delayed. Pretty bummed, this is my most anticipated game of the year.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Policenaut posted:

Bayonetta 3, Astral Chain, Babylon's Fall, and Scalebound.

edit: also Wikipedia informs me they have 2 mobile games in development

by all accounts I don't think Platinum is like, an indie studio incapable of doing multiple things but I also really doubt Scalebound is the resurrected game. I'm almost certain there was a thing Kamiya said about not being able to use the work they did on it elsewhere but maybe I'm wrong.

Surprisingly Bayo3 is STILL scheduled for 2019 which would make this a huge year for Switch as if it wasn't already stuffed enough

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02/17/nintendo-claims-bayonetta-3-is-coming-later-in-2019/

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I think I could stomach the new LA at like $40 but I refuse to pay $60 for an ugly rear end remake

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Platinum would deffo be stretching themselves quite thin; but I think it's doable if the granblue re:link thing was scheduled tight for two years or however long they were involved, the mobile games were made with a new small group made internally for phone games and Scalebound is reusing a lot of what was achieved when it was being developed. And Babylon Fall being pretty far away.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

GreatGreen posted:

If a buddy of mine and I want to go half-and-half on an online family membership, how easy will it be to separate our switches completely after that if we decide to get our own memberships, or if one of us doesn’t want to renew in a year but might want to start a separate membership again in the future, etc?

Whomever the family admin is can boot people out of it. I imagine at that point they revert to normal accounts that can do their own thing.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Historically, platinum is only capable of developing one A-grade quality game at a time so I hope those resources go in to Bayonetta instead of the other ones. I’d also like to be proven wrong and see their new IPs do well.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

FYI, I just got the DxM feedback e-mail earlier today, so it looks like they're sending those out now.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Brother Entropy posted:

it wasn't bad but no one would care about platinum nearly as much if all of their games were that level of quality

The licensed stuff was a desperate bid to keep themselves above water with quick-and-easy projects while Microsoft was trying damned hard to kill the studio with Scalebound.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Brother Entropy posted:

woof

taking bets now, which of these is gonna be the tmnt-tier game and which will achieve the highs of 'transformers devastation' mediocrity

None of those are being published by anyone who cares less than Activision did about it's ips. You can blame kora, tmnt and transformers flaws on the lack of fucks they gave, ie no budget.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

bushisms.txt posted:

None of those are being published by anyone who cares less than Activision did about it's ips. You can blame kora, tmnt and transformers flaws on the lack of fucks they gave, ie no budget.

Not even their ips, more like cartoons they could license for cheap and farm out to some other developer.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

SilkyP posted:

I think I could stomach the new LA at like $40 but I refuse to pay $60 for an ugly rear end remake

And Wind Waker was so stupid looking before it came out. But now it's a classic.

LA remake looks amazing.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Wait. Stanley parable is getting a port? When did this happen?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I always thought Wind Waker looked good.:smug:

LA remake also looks good.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It's getting a port "to consoles", exactly which consoles has yet to be confirmed.

repiv fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 19, 2019

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Link's Awakening was my first Zelda game and I'm glad it's getting a remake. Hopefully it isn't $60 but if it is, eh, I'll get it anyway.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Even better;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLOP7xTyUA8
It's a Deluxe Edition with new content :magical:.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Macaluso posted:

edit: That being said, Scalebound looked loving BORING when they showed it off at that one E3 so if this is the game Nintendo is resurrecting hopefully they do something about it not looking uh... fun

Seriously. I haven't seen a Platinum game look that slow and underwhelming since their TMNT budget title. I honestly can't blame Microsoft for canning it, I'm sorry to say.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It probably didn't look as slow and plodding before MS got their idea think tank running.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Healbot posted:

It probably didn't look as slow and plodding before MS got their idea think tank running.

All accounts about Scalebound could pretty much be summed up as "Microsoft hosed us over repeatedly and drat-near killed us". They'd be dead and gone as a studio were it not for Nier Automata.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Pretty sure MS westernized the gently caress out of kamiya's original design. Since it'll have to be made from scratch, if it does appear it'll be way faster and more mechanically diverse.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

bushisms.txt posted:

Pretty sure MS westernized the gently caress out of kamiya's original design. Since it'll have to be made from scratch, if it does appear it'll be way faster and more mechanically diverse.

Not quite "from scratch". They've probably still got all the modelling and terrain assets, and probably a pre-"we have some thoughts/focus-group results..." build somewhere.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Not quite "from scratch". They've probably still got all the modelling and terrain assets, and probably a pre-"we have some thoughts/focus-group results..." build somewhere.

Would ip rights include the assets?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Any thoughts on what might cause one joycon to not charge while the other does?

I took my Switch off its dock for the first time in a while because I was getting ready to do the shell swap, but I noticed that the left Joycon was reading with just a sliver of red in the battery status. The right Joycon is fully charged.

The left one works fine when physically attached to the Switch, but it doesn't appear to be actually charging because if I remove it from the system, it disappears from the controller menu.

When I then reattach it, after a few seconds it reappears on the controller screen, still reading barely charged.

I tried unpairing all the controllers, but as soon as I put it on it reads low power again.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The worst thing about Scalebound is that what they were showing people behind closed doors was not the same thing they were touting on stage. Microsoft and Platinum Games had completely different ideas on what the game should have been and their public and private demonstrations were very different.

Given that they've started and stopped development on it about three times now, Scalebound seems like a game Platinum is determined to finish someday. Wonder how it'll look if this latest rumor is real?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Annath posted:

Any thoughts on what might cause one joycon to not charge while the other does?

I took my Switch off its dock for the first time in a while because I was getting ready to do the shell swap, but I noticed that the left Joycon was reading with just a sliver of red in the battery status. The right Joycon is fully charged.

The left one works fine when physically attached to the Switch, but it doesn't appear to be actually charging because if I remove it from the system, it disappears from the controller menu.

When I then reattach it, after a few seconds it reappears on the controller screen, still reading barely charged.

I tried unpairing all the controllers, but as soon as I put it on it reads low power again.
It's a known flaw. I put the joycon on and power down the system completely. Make sure the con is connected before powering down, the rails are really dumb and loose. Then start it back up and it should be more or less resynced to charge. I'd also recommend buying a separate joycon charger so you know when it's the system messed up and not the joycon actually low on power as the sleep function messes with the internal charging meter.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Link's Awakening looks adorable

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Policenaut posted:

The worst thing about Scalebound is that what they were showing people behind closed doors was not the same thing they were touting on stage. Microsoft and Platinum Games had completely different ideas on what the game should have been and their public and private demonstrations were very different.

The same thing happened to Doom 2016 so it's not unprecedented

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

bushisms.txt posted:

It's a known flaw. I put the joycon on and power down the system completely. Make sure the con is connected before powering down, the rails are really dumb and loose. Then start it back up and it should be more or less resynced to charge. I'd also recommend buying a separate joycon charger so you know when it's the system messed up and not the joycon actually low on power as the sleep function messes with the internal charging meter.

Hmm...

I attached the joycon to the console, waited until it actually appeared in the controller screen, then rebooted.

Upon reboot, the joycon is no longer listed as attached in the controller screen, but after a few seconds it does light up and reappear.

I wish there was a way to tell if the thing was actually charging, or just "being recognized" by the console. Light, have the bar animate or a lightning bolt icon or something.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is the granblue game on switch

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Super No Vacancy posted:

is the granblue game on switch

no, they're on mobile phones and also ps4.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Since it looks like Tetris 99 is gonna have some legs I've made a new thread here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3882530

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

SilkyP posted:

Good thing the remake looks gorgeous then. Crisis averted.