Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Does the google podcast app just suck? I cant get it to load the Patreon.

edit: The Masked Singer is terrible but very entertaining.

Beer_Suitcase fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Does the google podcast app just suck? I cant get it to load the Patreon.

edit: The Masked Singer is terrible but very entertaining.

Kinda. I use Pocket Casts and love it.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

kalensc posted:

Just wanted to pass on a Thanks to the gang for uploading an audio version of the mailbag. Video version was great fun, and happy it can also join my podcast playlist for the future.

Same, I get that they're hoping they can get a piece of YouTube superstardom but if they put their content in a format that can't be easily listened to while driving or working it pretty much may as well not exist for me and the majority of their listeners.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Boy, when this Bad Boys episode remembered it was on Patreon, it really remembered it could go blue.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I upgraded to the Nexus level on the Patreon, and if you're holding out, I can heartily recommend it.

Don't know poo poo about Star Trek, don't watch it, don't like it, but the Nexus episodes are fantastic. There's like 22 of them now, plus various commentaries.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Does anyone remember which episode had the cumming blood/a little raspberry in your vanilla bit?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

This episode highlights what makes this the best bad movie podcast around. I've never seen Valentine, and I'm not a fan of horror/slasher films at all, and this episode is still loving hilarious. I can listen to them talk about anything and love it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Right up until a couple minutes in I thought they were doing My Bloody Valentine 3D. And I was trying to figure out both why they kept referring to it simply as Valentine and why I couldn't remember Snoreenaz in it.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Does anyone remember which episode had the cumming blood/a little raspberry in your vanilla bit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXX3csNPC-U

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Maaiiiillbaaaaagg!!! :neckbeard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FWPiRqGEHk

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Valentine episode and the bit about hilarious high school fist fights jogged my memory and I just wrote in a story about an incident at my high school. Fingers crossed for next mailbag!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

They put out an Oscars prediction episode! Their enthusiasm for Bohemian Rhapsody cannot be overstated.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

ravenkult posted:

I upgraded to the Nexus level on the Patreon, and if you're holding out, I can heartily recommend it.
Spock gearing up for his take down of Bones in their Wrath of Khan episode is one of the greatest bits they've ever done.

Their Picard is also such an oddly fleshed out character.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
When I heard they were doing Darkwing Duck I hoped they'd do the "banned" episode where Satan gets his soul, but this was easily a better one just for the fact that I had no idea such a weirdly detailed Twin Peaks homage aired on the Disney Afternoon.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Boys, I love you, but if you ever seed another 5+ minute tour commercial throughout your episodes I will fight you all.

brianerickson
Dec 11, 2010

The Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
^ Yeah; it's been getting a bit much to sift through

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I just skip ahead 30 seconds in my podcatcher until Spanish Flea stops playing

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

brianerickson posted:

^ Yeah; it's been getting a bit much to sift through

I've heavily worn out and been thankful for the skip 30 seconds feature. Just keep tapping until the background music is gone which tells me it's actually the episode at last.

E: lmao how did I get beaten by seconds on saying the exact same thing

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

The problem is the tour commercial uses the WHM theme, and it’s seeded through the back catalog. So if you’re listening to an old episode it will pop in awkwardly in the middle

brianerickson
Dec 11, 2010

Fart City posted:

The problem is the tour commercial uses the WHM theme, and it’s seeded through the back catalog. So if you’re listening to an old episode it will pop in awkwardly in the middle

i always thought it was wild that they were able to do that to old episodes I'd downloaded to listen to at work, but in all reality it's probably a simple process

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Timeless Appeal posted:

Their Picard is also such an oddly fleshed out character.

It sounds absolutely nothing like Patrick Stewart's voice, and yet I can totally see him doing all the actions. :allears:

The Nexus is great, and I'm no Trek head. Gleep Glossary is pretty entertaining too - I had that book - it's that weird time from just before the prequels, but with all the bug-gently caress insanity from the EU, (and before the EU decided to actually feature bug loving).

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just listened to the Nexus episode where Eric read the Picard potty training Data fan fiction and I was dying laughing in my car

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I just listened to the Nexus episode where Eric read the Picard potty training Data fan fiction and I was dying laughing in my car

It is incredibly uncomfortable. Yet I'm sad it didn't become a recurring bit.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

At the end of a recent episode they were hyped for a great Sean Bean Death that they couldn't remember the details of in National Treasure, and I'm excited for their reaction because he doesn't die in that.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I've said for years that there should be a show starting Sean Bean where he has one to five episode stories where he does at the end.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

brianerickson posted:

i always thought it was wild that they were able to do that to old episodes I'd downloaded to listen to at work, but in all reality it's probably a simple process

I think there are podcast monetization platforms that do all of that automatically. It’s really noticeable if you’re listening outside the US and your podcast of choice has location based ads, which causes the ad breaks to either immediately cut back to the podcast or advertise other podcasts on the hosts’ network over and over.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

AceOfFlames posted:

I think there are podcast monetization platforms that do all of that automatically. It’s really noticeable if you’re listening outside the US and your podcast of choice has location based ads, which causes the ad breaks to either immediately cut back to the podcast or advertise other podcasts on the hosts’ network over and over.

My fiancee is Dutch so I travel back and forth a lot so it's always wild when a podcast I've downloaded has ads in moon talk. Never been lucky enough to have it been confused and go straight back to the episode though.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

AceOfFlames posted:

I have a podcast in my feed that gives localized ads. They're really bad at it though as I'll get the same drat ad back to back.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Iron Crowned posted:

I've said for years that there should be a show starting Sean Bean where he has one to five episode stories where he does at the end.

Made me think of the sketch he was in a few years ago.

Sean Bean really needs to be in more stuff.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Did they skip best animated on the Oscar cast or did I just zone out? I just want to hear them talk about Spiderverse; I was bummed they didn't do an onscreen for it.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

i haven't has a chance to listen to the Oscar episode. Did they predict who's getting Farina'd?

brianerickson
Dec 11, 2010

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

i haven't has a chance to listen to the Oscar episode. Did they predict who's getting Farina'd?

Verne Troyer, I believe

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Steve bet his entire life savings on it!

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
The boys are absolutely blessing us with content lately and it's awesome, especially on Patreon, and the occasional bonus episode like the Oscar discussion or On-Screen. I am happy with WHM.

That being said, listening to them earnestly and seriously discussing stuff like Shoplifters and inside-baseball opinions about Netflix on the Oscar ep, was fantastic and genuinely fascinating. If they're looking for more of my cash, I'd pay $10/month for extra episodes of Real Talk With WHM.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Man, the fact that Mike Meyers is there is probably going to swing the bet.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
THEY FORGOT VERNE!

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Stunned that Verne didn't make it in. Stephen getting paid

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I want to hear what Steve's reaction was after the video ended, and how disgusted everyone else was watching him start to dance like he scored a touchdown in the super bowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

loving Green Book won Best Picture. Okaaaay, Oscars.

edit: https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/1100048961212215297

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Feb 25, 2019