Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Seltzer posted:

I'm at initiate and about ~35 wins (and who knows how many losses ) and I've played 0 steves which is weird to me. I like it though the less the match up is known the better off I am. So far I hate Marduk and Kings because im too lazy right now to learn grappling defense and I hate characters who rely on big launch combos because I play really aggressive.

A lot of low-level Kings (if they use chainthrows at all) will go straight for RDC because it's huge damage, so if you're too lazy to learn anything to learn about chainthrows just mash 2 if they hit you with the arm breaker to break RDC. It's also a good idea to learn how to beat stagger kicks (which is after you get hit by the first one, block the second, then low parry the third) because it's also a common low-level King technique but is pretty easy to beat once you know it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

DoubleDonut posted:

A lot of low-level Kings (if they use chainthrows at all) will go straight for RDC because it's huge damage, so if you're too lazy to learn anything to learn about chainthrows just mash 2 if they hit you with the arm breaker to break RDC. It's also a good idea to learn how to beat stagger kicks (which is after you get hit by the first one, block the second, then low parry the third) because it's also a common low-level King technique but is pretty easy to beat once you know it.

Yea I was getting crapped on by the kicks and then I watched a video on it so it's fine now. I just can't be assed to learn the grapple system right now when basically only two characters at my level have players that utilize it frequently.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
They also tend to do the "hit all 4 buttons for an easy chain" which I think has a default breaker of 1.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
i play bryan and claudio and the only salty thing i do is ki charge if i get a perfect

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
also i use default costumes

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Tekken is so cool man. It's crazy how relatively niche it is. I'm up to Mentor with Steve now after a week! The rematch feature is great and I can't believe a lot of other games don't have it (at least that's what I read. I think SF lacks it). Having long sets going back and forth is really cool. I had an ~8 rd set with a yoshi where I started off hot got wrecked and then capped it off with two wins in a row when I figured out his range (had to quit to sleep). The hori commander is bare bones and cheap (~$35) but its way better than the xbox pad, especially for two button imputs.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Feb 15, 2019

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Man this is old af but somehow this thread just came to my attention and lol:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3861140&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Lol is it bad I understood all the words in there?

Who would return for a potential season 3 pass? Are there any other major popular characters that are not in yet?

(Not including the zafina, kunimitsu, and Jun fans that post on every haradas tweet)

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

wang

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
Ganryu always

e: with the theme from TTT2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnuZnfA5bs

Kikkoman fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Feb 20, 2019

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Wang/Ganryu was my almost competitive level TTT2 team so I really want both of them back something fierce

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Ganryu but only in this outfit from Tekken 5 that me and my friends referred to as "Hard Man from Megaman 3":

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
season 3 will be Kiryu, Majima, and Tekken Ball

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Tekken- where a three bar Law trash talks you for no reason and then tries to sell you pills

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
This right here is why I don’t play much online unless it’s with a group, and I never bother with online parts of fighting games.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

law players trying to sell you pills is inspired tho

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Seltzer posted:

Tekken- where a three bar Law trash talks you for no reason and then tries to sell you pills

Anime_Otaku posted:

This right here is why I don’t play much online unless it’s with a group, and I never bother with online parts of fighting games.

Dunno.
Looks like a great reason to play fighting games online.

Getting salty hatemail after a match is like getting that Perfect but for mental damage instead.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Yea I absolutely love hatemail. That was just so bizarre I had to share it.

Anime_Otaku posted:

Do you mean you only play against cpu or you play with people offline? Only playing the cpu sounds awful. Also I'm pretty sure theres a setting to disable all messaging if you're that bothered by people calling you spammy trash or whatever.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I only play fighting games online/vs the cpu but luckily I’ve only had nice messages. Both that I remember were from T7.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Kilometers Davis posted:

I only play fighting games online/vs the cpu but luckily I’ve only had nice messages. Both that I remember were from T7.

Ggs that was me btw do you need some adderall

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
Is the hatemail all from the console versions? I can't figure out how to send messages on steam.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

In my case xbox. Xbox has a show recent players feature and you can find who you played chronologically there. Recent players -> hatemail is ingrained xbox culture from the MW2 days.

I'm at GM with steve and I'm super nervous trying to go for greens. I set a goal of hitting green in like two months and it's been about 3 weeks. I know the key to ranked is not caring but that was my one goal. To reach scrub rank.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
You can be stupid as poo poo and hit greens.

As long as you can do a BNB Steve combo and press b1, you shouldn't have any trouble.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kikkoman posted:

Is the hatemail all from the console versions? I can't figure out how to send messages on steam.

You either send a friend request on Steam or drop a message on their Steam Profile, which is exactly why I have my Profile to be free to comment on.
So I can get gems like these (incidentally, that was before Claudio got mega buffed):

:allears:

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I love hate mail that says "you have no skill" from people who keep losing to you. I know I suck. I'm not denying that. You're the one who can't even beat my Gigas air throws or Feng wombo punches

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Haven't played online in a while, but I always thought it was funny when I played Eliza and people would disconnect IMMEDIATELY after I would throw my first fireball.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

inthesto posted:

You can be stupid as poo poo and hit greens.

As long as you can do a BNB Steve combo and press b1, you shouldn't have any trouble.

I mean this is my first fg ever not just my first tekken so I'm happy about it...

Anyways I got the s2 pass 90% for Negan (not a WD fan but the character looks cool and the backlash was funny). I'm really glad I did because Lei is so drat fun to use. When I'm getting a little burnt out on tryharding I pick up Lei and don't care if I win or lose. Apparently he's getting buffed soon too which is nice.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

I get a lot of friend requests on Steam when I play so I just ignore them and assume they were going to say "good games!" or something.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

As someone said earlier people are either really wack or really cool. I've already added two friends to spar with, both a bit above my level but willing to play a lot of player matches and teach me stuff. Either way its cool. The hate mail is fun and there are a lot of people who want to help.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

the one time i added someone to steam friends to tell them a message was an akuma player i told to crouch less

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Negan dlc dropping tonight. Hype

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
How is Julia and negan?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://twitter.com/Miekstep/status/1101079019133591552

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

poe meater posted:

How is Julia and negan?

Both fun as hell

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
God I'm so excited for Julia I'm just sad I can't elbow uphill forever anymore.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Julia's wall carry is so silly

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

mango sentinel posted:

Julia's wall carry is so silly

shotgun loops feel real good once you get the hang of them

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Negan is really fun to use. I think some of his moves might be overtuned though.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 1, 2019

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

poe meater posted:

How is Julia and negan?

Julia is back and way fun to play again her wall carry is amazing :swoon:

Haven't tried Negan; don't really plan to tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

So, what's special about Julia? What moves stand out?