Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
Xiw is town. Theres scum on this vote.

##vote Toal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I just want to ask Xiw? Why did you pick Toal last night?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
how i’d end up the only vanilla town

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
how did i end up the only vanilla flavored villago

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

##unvote

Read Tobbs' history to try and get some reads off a flipped scum and the biggest takeaway I got was that Toalpaz probably isn't Scumpaz.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

IcePhoenix posted:

##unvote

Read Tobbs' history to try and get some reads off a flipped scum and the biggest takeaway I got was that Toalpaz probably isn't Scumpaz.

Alright. Then who’s scum?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

bowmore posted:

how did i end up the only vanilla flavored villago

Oh right this came up in mountain chat yesterday.

Also hello, how are all you fine people.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

b-minus1 posted:

Alright. Then who’s scum?

I'm still working on that B+, there were 37 pages when I joined and today hasn't been very helpful

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
im still waiting for xiw to answer questions :(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

can someone tell me why xiw is being voted

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

IcePhoenix posted:

Tell us who should be lunched instead

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Being the only person in the desert N1, Beet floated a theory that scum may have spread put to be in all the chats, seeing as Beet flipped town it seemed like a worthwhile avenue to pursue.

It isn't a vote I am super invested in but it seemed a good enough place to start.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

IcePhoenix posted:

Mostly cause XIW wasn't there and posting and it was easy. Scum are disengaged.

There was also the argument yesterday that scum would spread out, and because XIW was by himself n1 it was possible scum sent him there but no town ended up there.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

b-minus1 posted:

Tell us who should be lunched instead

That's what I'm trying to figure out you donk.

Stop assuming I'm going to read 37 loving pages of backlog.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

A Sometimes Food posted:

Being the only person in the desert N1, Beet floated a theory that scum may have spread put to be in all the chats, seeing as Beet flipped town it seemed like a worthwhile avenue to pursue.

It isn't a vote I am super invested in but it seemed a good enough place to start.

Toalpaz posted:

Mostly cause XIW wasn't there and posting and it was easy. Scum are disengaged.

There was also the argument yesterday that scum would spread out, and because XIW was by himself n1 it was possible scum sent him there but no town ended up there.

These are good responses, thanks.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah I'm wondering if Beet was targeted to either kill him because they caught on that he was the inventor (looking at you, Bowmore) or if it was because he was pushing a specific narrative scum weren't comfortable with.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
beet was also the number one poster so it might be an attempt to kill drive

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Max posted:

Yeah I'm wondering if Beet was targeted to either kill him because they caught on that he was the inventor (looking at you, Bowmore) or if it was because he was pushing a specific narrative scum weren't comfortable with.

Once I saw that beet was nk’d, I thought scum might try to frame me for the kill haha. That only works if scum ninja’d beet and tm targeted me.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Im just really suspicious of the fact that despite max claiming that they got the stake from the search, xiw did not comment even a little bit despite the fact that their claim should make it sure to them that max was lying.

I mean, if you know someone was lying, wouldn't you have said something?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Tired Moritz posted:

Im just really suspicious of the fact that despite max claiming that they got the stake from the search, xiw did not comment even a little bit despite the fact that their claim should make it sure to them that max was lying.

I mean, if you know someone was lying, wouldn't you have said something?

i think the scum sending out feelers to each location is plausible and coupling that with TM's point about xiw's claim and behavior regarding Max's fib about how they obtained the stake (that is, there was no reaction to Max's fib when i think we could have reasonably expected one given xiw's claim) all give me the confidence to ##vote xiw

my schedule is going to be unpredictable up to deadline so i don't think my vote will be moving anywhere barring any amazing revelations or to avoid no-lunch. i will do my best to stay current as deadline approaches.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmm, that's a good catch.

b-minus1 posted:

Once I saw that beet was nk’d, I thought scum might try to frame me for the kill haha. That only works if scum ninja’d beet and tm targeted me.

I mean, if they tried I would argue hard against it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I would really like to know why Rex shifted their vote around. Not to sound rude but I don't think there's anything that's particularly compelling in Xiw's claim. Have there been any versions/variations of Xiw's role in any previous games?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yes.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
ugh, I really want to sleep but I don't want to plant a vote on Xiw before they get a chance to speak up.

And some people haven't even made posts. Merk's last post was in Feb 16, the hell.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
oh wait I forgot about the modkill, lol.

but 2 votes til hammer ... ugh.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tired Moritz posted:

oh wait I forgot about the modkill, lol.

but 2 votes til hammer ... ugh.

I'm comfortable with it given Toal and ASF's responses to my questions, but am in the same boat w/r/t not placing a vote yet.

Very rude of people to not post as much as the last two days so I can't get any good reads.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

xiw (5): KhediveRex, Somberbrero, b-minus1, Toalpaz, A Sometimes Food, KhediveRex, Dick Bastardly
Toalpaz (1): IcePhoenix, KhediveRex, IcePhoenix
Tired Moritz (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
IcePhoenix (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz

Not Voting (6): bowmore, IcePhoenix, Max, Mr. Humalong, Tired Moritz, xiw

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 21st, 2019 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 7 hours, 36 minutes.

:siren: There is a sandstorm raging in the red lands! :siren:

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Tired Moritz posted:

I just want to ask Xiw? Why did you pick Toal last night?

I was wondering if it'd work better with people in my location but mostly arbitariness when I got poked to submit an action.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Tired Moritz posted:

im still waiting for xiw to answer questions :(

Is there anything else I've missed answering before this morning? I have probably missed posts

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I guess the big one on people's minds is why not call me out yesterday when I implied I found the vig via searching.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Max posted:

I guess the big one on people's minds is why not call me out yesterday when I implied I found the vig via searching.

I thought about it but i assumed you must be just covering for your actual role and I didn't really want to claim

xiw posted:

Max getting a vig from going to the mountains is interesting, wonder whether there's much better available. I assumed it was river -> quarry -> cliffs -> mountain -> desert

Max
Nov 30, 2002

See, I kinda buy that? Like I don't actually know if town would have stayed silent on the matter. Someone who was perceptive may have just thought it was a gambit to get people to post at the very least. I mean, I claimed it was something I found on the mountain and Beet didn't correct me at all.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

On a different topic entirely,

HUMALONG HUMALONG HUMALONG

##vote Humalong

Post.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

What do you want me to post about? You said you double voted to make sure we'd get the vote on clord. You claim you're positive binus is town but won't provide anything to support that.

xiw's claim is odd but you say it's a role that's been in previous games so I'm hesitant to jump on the vote and push it to -1, especially since almost all the votes on xiw are from before the claim.

The difference between AAI and IP is giving me mafia whiplash.

TM lying to try and pull off a gambit makes me go hmmm and their choice of targets at night is also a little suspicious.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Also I literally just got home from the doctor

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

xiw (5): KhediveRex, Somberbrero, b-minus1, Toalpaz, A Sometimes Food, KhediveRex, Dick Bastardly
Mr. Humalong (1): Max
Toalpaz (1): IcePhoenix, KhediveRex, IcePhoenix
Tired Moritz (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
IcePhoenix (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz

Not Voting (5): bowmore, IcePhoenix, Mr. Humalong, Tired Moritz, xiw

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 21st, 2019 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 4 hours, 40 minutes.

:siren: There is a sandstorm raging in the red lands! :siren:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Another open and shut case of mafia today huh

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

Also I literally just got home from the doctor

Ok, it’s just that before this you’ve posted twice this game day and seemingly only show up when pressure is on you.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I want to be clear I also wouldn't mind killing IP today. Replacing out? What a newbie scum move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah I’m wary of a lot of question marks going further into the game.

Also my previous statement was dismissive, I hope you’re doing well Humalong.