Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

On the positive side, I enjoy how "just leave it alone for a while and it'll fix itself" is a viable approach for smaller issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

“Stop loving with it” is a perfectly valid response to some breakages, too!

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Icon Of Sin posted:

“Stop loving with it” is a perfectly valid response to some breakages, too!

Horrible Biological Failures: Stop loving with it

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Old joke, but some may not have heard it yet.

Three engineers were arguing about which kind of engineer designed the human body. The electrical engineer pointed to the nervous system's complexity and design. The mechanical engineer argued for the interaction of bones, joints and muscle as well as their self-healing capability. The civil engineer won the argument by saying "who else but a civil engineer would run a waste pipe through a recreational area?"

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Feb 19, 2019

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

redgubbinz posted:

Old joke, but some may not have heard it yet.

Three engineers were arguing about which kind of engineer designed the human body. The electrical engineer pointed to the nervous system's complexity and design. The mechanical engineer argued for the interaction of bones, joins and muscle as well as their self-healing capability. The civil engineer won the argument by saying "who else but a civil engineer would run a waste pipe through a recreational area?"

Well I mean, a lot of people still enjoy playing in the mud....

(:golfclap:)

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

STR posted:

Well I mean, a lot of people still enjoy playing in the mud....

(:golfclap:)

Thats... not mud.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Darchangel posted:

Thats... not mud.

No poo poo

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Goober Peas posted:

No, poo poo

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

How about horrible train track failures? Description said "A track from the 7 train just crashed down upon a driving car around 65th Street in Woodside"

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
Dang. But also what kind of wacko calls a green-painted hunk of wood a train track?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
weird looking track.

Maybe "horrible train track description failures"?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Darchangel posted:

Thats... not mud.

I love you guys.

MomJeans420 posted:

How about horrible train track failures? Description said "A track from the 7 train just crashed down upon a driving car around 65th Street in Woodside"

Does the insurance claim include cleaning the driver's seat and replacing pants? Dang.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Computer viking posted:

On the positive side, I enjoy how "just leave it alone for a while and it'll fix itself" is a viable approach for smaller issues.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I started the day with a flashing check engine light and a nasty miss, it was running fine and the CEL was off with no stored codes by the time I got home.

Very much a "keep your secrets" moment.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
I got an intermittent flashing check engine light and severe misfire on a 99 Camry V6 I had once.

Turns out this was the igniter taking a dump. The 1MZ-FE engine in that year model was a sort of half coil on plug setup and I think it was cylinders 1 and 4 were on 1 coil, and the channel in the igniter for those cylinders took a while to crap out completely.

Just going down the road and all of a sudden Oh god what the gently caress~! Then after a minute or two it'd go back to being totally normal.

Most places I looked the igniter was hilariously expensive, but I managed to find a part number matching igniter on eBay from a 2001 (?) Solara that fit and worked.

The ignition setup on that engine looked like this:

Made changing the rear plugs less impossible at least.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Parked across the street from supercheap auto where he was presumably buying more ratchet straps.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

What could go wrong?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Someone has lost a load before. Erring on the side of paranoia.
I don’t understand the purpose of the orange strap though.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Darchangel posted:

Someone has lost a load before. Erring on the side of paranoia.
I don’t understand the purpose of the orange strap though.

Looks like an extra measure to keep the wheel from turning?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

When you tie a motorcycle onto a trailer or a flatbed you're supposed to compress the suspension, because otherwise it might compress on its own when you go over a bump, causing the cords/straps (which are supposed to be attached to the frame) to loosen up. My guess is that he's just cargo-culting that idea.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Sagebrush posted:

When you tie a motorcycle onto a trailer or a flatbed you're supposed to compress the suspension, because otherwise it might compress on its own when you go over a bump, causing the cords/straps (which are supposed to be attached to the frame) to loosen up. My guess is that he's just cargo-culting that idea.

Upon closer examination it looks like the one spring visible is quite compressed

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
is that a real motorcycle? It looks like a loving carnival ride. What's with the bottom?
Why are the sides covered in sheet metal?

Hermaphrodite
Oct 2, 2004

Luckily, I CAN go fuck myself!
I bet it's a trike with a vw engine, the fuel tank is where the engine was.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Hermaphrodite posted:

I bet it's a trike with a vw engine, the fuel tank is where the engine was.

This seems highly likely.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Is that a springer fork with a disc brake?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

TotalLossBrain posted:

is that a real motorcycle? It looks like a loving carnival ride. What's with the bottom?
Why are the sides covered in sheet metal?

To cover the hole where the engine is meant to be.

autism ZX spectrum posted:

Is that a springer fork with a disc brake?

Not just a springer, but the most horrible kind of springer that puts the shock under bending load!

That chain is doing nothing, I also don't think a bike axle can handle the load but eh

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
3 wheels? yup, always a loving piece of poo poo

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

BraveUlysses posted:

3 wheels? yup, always a loving piece of poo poo

That made me curious about the Campagna T-REX

quote:

As of 20 January 2019, it was announced by President Andre Morrisette via social media that Campagna Motors is officially closed due to bankruptcy.

Dang.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Powershift posted:

That made me curious about the Campagna T-REX

Only T-REX I'll drive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w03bgF8AEg

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Hell yes. Holy poo poo the flood of nostalgia.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

Not just a springer, but the most horrible kind of springer that puts the shock under bending load!

Is that design a holdover from when the fork would have a tiny leaf spring or what?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That design is the result of a loving retard looking at an actual decent springer fork and making their own; nobody's built something like that on purpose expecting it to be any good since like the 30's.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Slavvy posted:

To cover the hole where the engine is meant to be.

That chain is doing nothing, I also don't think a bike axle can handle the load but eh

The horrible thing about this image is the car towing it.

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

"There is nothing redeeming about this."

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
:stare:

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Was that the oil sump? Why was it pressurized?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Nahh, that was the tank for the air brakes. They fill up with rust and sludge after sitting there for a few decades.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.
If they aren't drained like they should be, yea.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Reminds me, I have to get up in the loft of my garage & drain the 60-gal Champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Thanks for this. The chances of me winding up with a dilapidated bus decorating my side yard has gone from 20% to 60%.