Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

:colbert: people saying their first SSR but not explaining how the throne of heroes thought they had matching personalities

Like my first SSR was vanilla Jeanne on the jalter banner, and I cried like a baby until I saved enough quartz to roll the true jalter five days later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

straight up i didn't really roll much on the gacha for my first few months, so aside from slowly getting 3* from fp gacha, i just had some SRs

ozy is way too much of a cartoon to relate much to, i suppose the Grail matched us because i think he's cute enough to allow his bullshit. that would also explain why nito has spooked me six times

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

I remember I was struggling against Hektor back when Okeanos dropped and my only Saber was Gilles de Rais. I was doing some sort of challenge run, I guess, where I wouldn't use any friend servants against story missions because I thought the game was fair enough to beat without using any overleveled Friend Servants. Eventually I got so frustrated I pulled on the Story Banner and got my first SSR... And second... and third...

This was back in, like October of 2017, I just never had a good reason to post it in here since I found this megathread months after this pull. I dunno what this says about me, because it sure isn't "good luck" considering the past few months :v:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:holymoley:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
My first SSR was Arjuna, that means I'm a chuuni

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Compendium posted:

My first SSR was Arjuna Dantes, that means I'm a chuuni

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
My first SSR was Jack, which is probably not a good look

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Piell posted:

Just the throne telling you that being a parent might be what you want, deep down. At least if you want to give her pants.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Piell posted:

Congrats on your Grand Class Daughter

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Technically my first SSR was Altera, but I rerolled for her. My first non reroll SSR was Altria. I guess the throne was telling me that I would be terrible for years, but eventually get better :cool:.

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

I thought the meaning of Kintoki being my first SSR was pretty simple, honestly.

I'm ~*GOLDEN*~

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

My first SSR was Altera, which we both know was a mistake.
The next ones after that were Okita and Scathach.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014
So with Shinjuku coming out soon, I wanted to ask if EoR singularities are ever a requirement for events? It not, I'll wait for half AP. All these materials I need won't farm themselves.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

No, never. When they bump up the event reqs it goes from Solomon to the Lostbelts. However, they do eventually add some special missions that give quartz per singularity completion, including the EoR chapters.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Billzasilver posted:

:colbert: people saying their first SSR but not explaining how the throne of heroes thought they had matching personalities

Much like Artoria, I am very distant and stand-offish until you get a chance to know me and realize how much of a dork I actually am beneath my facade.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Keep in mind that Shinjuku is the first farmable hearts node outside of events and daily class missions, so you have to beat Shinjuku if you want access to it.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Hey guys, maintenance starts early today, at two hours before the day rollover, instead of at the rollover. So you only have just over an hour and a half to finish your challenge quests before they run out

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
My first SSR was Jeanne, because we’re both obsessed with her Chuuni sister. If we don’t count rerolls, my first was Altera, because we both agree Gacha is Bad Civ and have lousy luck with getting SSR’s when we want them

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

My first SSR was Vlad, quickly followed by Jeanne. My first (non-starter) SR, before both of those, was Anne & Mary. That's almost the entire spectrum, so maybe I've just got broad compatibility.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Roger Explosion posted:

Still riding high on that Waver roll one week into things.

:cheers:

The high was big enough to lvl 100 the fucker, but to be fair, I practically started FGO because of him. I don't think I appreciated rolling him as much as I would now, given that he got here in my first 10 roll after the free one.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My first SSR was Mordred, who character wise is one of my favorites. Maybe there is something to this.

AtheistMantis posted:

So with Shinjuku coming out soon, I wanted to ask if EoR singularities are ever a requirement for events? It not, I'll wait for half AP. All these materials I need won't farm themselves.

If you’ve cleared Solomon you’re good for a year, at which point part 2 stuff stars showing up. That being said, the EoR chapters have a lot of quartz in them, Shinjuku has a lot of good farming nodes, the others have farming modes for new mats you’ll need if you roll a new servant, and they all have pretty good stories.

For those who haven’t cleared Solomon, you’ll want to do so before the CCC event which should probably be around May.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

we're probably not getting shinjuku tonight because it's not in the maint notice. prove me wrong fgo

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Aurora posted:

we're probably not getting shinjuku tonight because it's not in the maint notice. prove me wrong fgo

https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/1099820841599086592

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

excited to farm quartz so i can get some emiya alters in a week, since the ccc banner is a trap

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
My ridiculous overstocks of pieces and monuments are ready. Doubt I'll be buying any event tracks, though.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I wish you could use the my room music player to set the main menu music, then I’d actually use it. As is you have to stay in my room to listen.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

NO COPS IN BABYLONIA

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

BlazeEmblem posted:

Hey guys, maintenance starts early today, at two hours before the day rollover, instead of at the rollover. So you only have just over an hour and a half to finish your challenge quests before they run out
Didn't know this. I took down Gil and he dropped a noice red and gold chest which probably contains the last archer monument I need to max out Arash but maintence kicked in before I could find out. Does the game bookmark these things or am I screwed out of my treasure?

Also, what is this Shinjuku? Is it another Singularity?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It is another singularity, yes

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Epic of Remnant is what you call Part 1.5.

It's not mandatory, but the game assumes you have played it.

Shinjuku is the modern city shenanigans with Jalter and Salter.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Roger Explosion posted:

Didn't know this. I took down Gil and he dropped a noice red and gold chest which probably contains the last archer monument I need to max out Arash but maintence kicked in before I could find out. Does the game bookmark these things or am I screwed out of my treasure?

Also, what is this Shinjuku? Is it another Singularity?

Game bookmarks everything. Worst comes to worse, you just have to redo the final turn to finish the quest when you come back.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Billzasilver posted:

Game bookmarks everything. Worst comes to worse, you just have to redo the final turn to finish the quest when you come back.
Thank goodness. Also, not hard. I love you goons who lead with level 90-100 Jeanne Alters with half-charged NP bars. It really helps noobs like me even when leaning heavily on the Waver crutch.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
They specifically say that they don't guarantee quests can be continued across maintenance, so you might still lose it. In practice, though, maintenance that kicks you out of quests seems to be a very rare occurrence.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

Thank goodness. Also, not hard. I love you goons who lead with level 90-100 Jeanne Alters with half-charged NP bars. It really helps noobs like me even when leaning heavily on the Waver crutch.

Waver is not a crutch, he is just your overworked friend who happens to speed things up and also smokes.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Your last resort crutch is honestly just any quartz you use to no-sell a challenge quest (which I've done plenty of times due to lazy)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I triple Command-Sealed the Valentine's CQ because I screwed up near the start. No regrets.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
With Shinjuku's double bond for Evil servants, I'm hoping to put a good dent on the last bond level I need for my Alters and Angra.

Do future singularities offer that for different alignments too?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

My first SSR was also Jackie, I think it was on the Bride Nero banner of all things.

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014

Sophism posted:

With Shinjuku's double bond for Evil servants, I'm hoping to put a good dent on the last bond level I need for my Alters and Angra.

Do future singularities offer that for different alignments too?

Evil for EOR 1
Female for EOR 2
Knight Class for EOR 3
Caster for EOR 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Thanks! Not what I was expecting, but still nice. The Caster one seems like it would be pretty difficult to stick to unless you're only fighting Berserkers and Assassins.