Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

My trash-clearing powerhouse build with a storm, is with the fireball and firestorm seals. They both recharge so fast, I can go through an entire stronghold without using a gun once. Just fully charge the fireball attack, which doesn't take very long, and it has an excellent AoE detonation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vehementi
Jul 25, 2003

YOSPOS
The best thing about colossus is that if you're max level you can go into the forge and just like magic, turn into a storm

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Skull Knight posted:

At the rate this game is going, any free publicity that shows people playing and enjoying the game in any way shape or form is probably a W for EA and BioWare at this point.

LOL Anthem has been top 10 for the past 2 weeks on twitch, today its like top 15. they dont need some scrub exploiter to stream their game.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

was this before or after you told people that buying in to shroud of the avatar was a good deal for $250

I thought an obsessive like yourself would remember 2013 was a while back but I'm happy you keep a spreadsheet for such matters.

Wheeee posted:

Anthem is a beat to poo poo rental car, it's pretty bland and has a lot of problems, but it's fun to bash around in for a while, and you'll quickly forget it after you're done with it

You rented a Lambo but picked up a Datsun.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Feb 27, 2019

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Peechka posted:

LOL Anthem has been top 10 for the past 2 weeks on twitch, today its like top 15. they dont need some scrub exploiter to stream their game.

you are very very determined to defend an extremely stupid decision on EA's behalf

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Anthem is doing great. Dragon Age 4 will be great.

Everythingisfine.jpg

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

CharlestonJew posted:

you are very very determined to defend an extremely stupid decision on EA's behalf

You are determined to to defend a lovely streamer which uses exploits on stream for thousands to see and copy thus making a poo poo game more poo poo.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Next time ICR makes a thread, y'all know to avoid that game.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
So where is this loot change reveal at?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Peechka posted:

You are determined to to defend a lovely streamer which uses exploits on stream for thousands to see and copy thus making a poo poo game more poo poo.

the exploit hurts no one. if they want to abuse that poo poo before it gets fixed and jump off the loot treadmill let them. banning them just ensures they'll get pissed off and never come back, as opposed to potentially coming back later once the devs add more new loot to the game

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Peechka posted:

Because people being fully geared faster is such a huge issue for a game with no economy or PvP.

Imagine if Nintendo banned streamers for using glitches in their Mario64 runs. That's how pretty it is.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
Well we will just agree to disagree then.

Besides its a moot point because they got unbanned like few hours later. And they are all still streaming the poo poo out of this game 24/7

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Peechka posted:

Please explain specifically how this particular "exploit" is bad for this particular game.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

the only reason a developer for a co-op only game bans people for "exploiting the economy" is if they plan on monetizing whatever was circumvented by the "exploit", or if they have a fragile ego and are petty and vindictive

and from what I've heard about the dysfunction at the management level at bioware these days, I'd say it's a coin flip between the two

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceGoku posted:

the only reason a developer for a co-op only game bans people for "exploiting the economy" is if they plan on monetizing whatever was circumvented by the "exploit", or if they have a fragile ego and are petty and vindictive

and from what I've heard about the dysfunction at the management level at bioware these days, I'd say it's a coin flip between the two

Can't it be both?

Vehementi
Jul 25, 2003

YOSPOS
That person was almost certainly just banned as damage control. The exploit isn't bad for the game (although ladders are coming, so the exploiters will have advantages there -- guaranteed the first person who does the 150,000 rep challenge will have done it by exploiting contracts), but it makes the game look bad. You don't want a bunch of streamers exploiting embarrassing broken poo poo all day and broadcasting it to the world, as a company.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Vehementi posted:

That person was almost certainly just banned as damage control. The exploit isn't bad for the game (although ladders are coming, so the exploiters will have advantages there -- guaranteed the first person who does the 150,000 rep challenge will have done it by exploiting contracts), but it makes the game look bad. You don't want a bunch of streamers exploiting embarrassing broken poo poo all day and broadcasting it to the world, as a company.
I think the loading screens are a much bigger issue, combined with all the poo poo loot these guys keep getting

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Peechka posted:

Ahahahahaha, you clearly know nothing about twitch.

Anthem fell off a loving cliff in terms of viewer and stream count DURING launch day and never recovered. It's a flaming pile of poo poo in terms of twitch popularity for a new game. Top stream right now has 2k viewers.

Not saying anything about the game itself, I haven't played it, but it's definitely nowhere near popular on twitch.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
What's there to watch?? There aren't any new tactics being developed with these lovely loot drops and it's not PvP so you aren't going to fight something as creative as you so ?????

*Watches someone do tyrant mine for the billionth time*

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Glenn Quebec posted:

What's there to watch?? There aren't any new tactics being developed with these lovely loot drops and it's not PvP so you aren't going to fight something as creative as you so ?????

*Watches someone do tyrant mine for the billionth time*
I watched someone earlier today rant about how no one discusses builds and their build is amazing and one guys was like "yeah how long have you played to get those drops" and that answer was like 180 hours since the 15th

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
2000 was when diablo 2 came out and figured out the slot based affix/suffix system

19 years later bioware still managed to mess it up

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Forget Diablo 2, Destiny 2 launched with lovely watered down loot drops in 2017 and mostly had itemization fixed in 2018. There's a current, popular, successful contemporary which already went through this poo poo. Oh, and Division, along similar time lines.

Anthem's poorly designed systems are not excusable, loot in these games has already been largely solved by other games.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Vehementi posted:

Sure, ban if they're showing exploits in a competitive situation, but I've never heard of a ladder than uses your current gear. Which means Bioware can patch the exploit before ladders are released. Hell, we don't know if the first content release is going to bump up item-levels, rendering current loot farming pointless.

And if your viewers are watching dull-rear end streams of people farming loot in the most boring way possible, then you might have already lost the war.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Yeah, banning for exploits, especially in a PVE game, is dumb. Even Bungie knew this. The loot cave was the best thing that ever happened to Destiny's development because it taught them that players will rally behind events that shower them with loot.

Turn the Masterwork knob back to 11, make unique loot for Stongholds and have like the +extra loot Stronghold of the day, let people reroll Legendaries. Also give people a taste of Masterworks earlier in the game. That's my armchair dev guide to saving Anthem thanks for reading.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Roman posted:

Yeah, banning for exploits, especially in a PVE game, is dumb. Even Bungie knew this. The loot cave was the best thing that ever happened to Destiny's development because it taught them that players will rally behind events that shower them with loot.

Turn the Masterwork knob back to 11, make unique loot for Stongholds and have like the +extra loot Stronghold of the day, let people reroll Legendaries. Also give people a taste of Masterworks earlier in the game. That's my armchair dev guide to saving Anthem thanks for reading.

Agree

I think they had the balance better at PC pre release or whatever it was. The first week. Most of my good loot is from that weekend when I hit 30. The last week has been poo poo. Thats one way to ruin your game is poo poo loot in a loot and shoot.

Peechka fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 27, 2019

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
anthem is fun to play

I like flying around looking for stuff and also fighting

you use fun robot suits and can pick what they look like

-- SWC, age 6

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Roman posted:

Somehow I got a level 32 masterwork at level 15 but that might have been during The Eleven Hours of Fun

I used it all the way to level 30

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

looking forward to the loot changes roadmap that's gonna release.... [checks watch] uh, 20 minutes ago as of the time of this writing

that might not bode well

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
Im sure they have their in house metrics of people falling off because of the loot poo poo. I know im playing this less and less. I log in and do my 3 legendary and maybe complete the daily if I feel like it. There is no point to play if you get poo poo for your time.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Peechka posted:

Im sure they have their in house metrics of people falling off because of the loot poo poo. I know im playing this less and less. I log in and do my 3 legendary and maybe complete the daily if I feel like it. There is no point to play if you get poo poo for your time.
I played a bunch yesterday and after seeing nothing but purples (after I earlier got 2 worse rolls of the same MW mod I already had) I lost motivation. Sure could use that blog post right about now, especially since Warframe just dropped an update that looks really good.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Roman posted:

I played a bunch yesterday and after seeing nothing but purples (after I earlier got 2 worse rolls of the same MW mod I already had) I lost motivation. Sure could use that blog post right about now, especially since Warframe just dropped an update that looks really good.

The loot is all poo poo anyway. Maybe you will find one good nugget among the 100 or so turds this game spits out at you at a glacial pace. I keep getting the same poo poo over and over, with poo poo rolls over and over, nothing that even remotely helps my build. In fact some of the purps I have are better, but you end up losing so much armor/shield/survivability its not worth it.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Peechka posted:

I somehow managed to get three legendary drops out of four purp contracts on gm1 and polished off the night with gm2 mines (took 2 hours and had at least 20 revives) where I proceeded to get two duplicate mw ranger components.

I don't understand how this game works but I do know gm2 is not for me.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Maybe you are all playing too much!
"What is Loot?" an update by the BioWare dev team

unless they knock it out of the park today I'm not exactly hopeful about the games future, which makes me pretty sad

also supposedly the shooting / flying gameplay aspect everyone loves wasn't wholly designed or programmed by bioware btw

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

TheAgent posted:

"What is Loot?" an update by the BioWare dev team

unless they knock it out of the park today I'm not exactly hopeful about the games future, which makes me pretty sad

also supposedly the shooting / flying gameplay aspect everyone loves wasn't wholly designed or programmed by bioware btw

their game saving "we've been working on this since december when we forked the demo off" day one patch made everything worse, so

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
I think until they fix the inscriptions, they need to turn the loot on like it was that golden friday, when we were all showered by poo poo loot. At least it felt better.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
I think the fact that they didn't have these loot discussions before this weekend was the real warning sign for this game, even if this update is good.

Like, loot is the major focus of this game and no one sat down and said anything like "Hey, does this system work?"

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Wheeee posted:

Forget Diablo 2, Destiny 2 launched with lovely watered down loot drops in 2017 and mostly had itemization fixed in 2018. There's a current, popular, successful contemporary which already went through this poo poo. Oh, and Division, along similar time lines.

Anthem's poorly designed systems are not excusable, loot in these games has already been largely solved by other games.

I'm still 95% convinced that it was fixed by the designers months ago, and the system in place now is just a rough placeholder that the programmers haven't had a chance to swap out. This game screams "rushed development" like nothing I've ever seen, not even Fallout 76.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

their game saving "we've been working on this since december when we forked the demo off" day one patch made everything worse, so
obviously they are scrambling right now and I'm pretty sure the sales and retention metrics are so loving horrible (they needed 1m players retained by the end of March and I don't even think they will have that by the end of this month) that promising a grand overhaul without the resources to do it will hurt them even more

something like loot redesign should take months, but really since its so awful they could probably make major changes within the next two weeks

by then things might be too dire, but who knows

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
At the end of the day its a loving PvE game for christ sake. Its not like us getting loot will break anything, maybe people will like to feel powerful? Hmmm? maybe people will finally wade into GM2 or GM 3 more if they buff that poo poo even more? Untill they finally get some new content in here. which will probably be a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Peechka posted:

I think until they fix the inscriptions, they need to turn the loot on like it was that golden friday, when we were all showered by poo poo loot. At least it felt better.
I think this is the first time I've ever agreed with you in any bioware thread, ever