Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

HookShot posted:

It appears the whole thread may have disappeared because I can't find it now, but yeah, he was being a huge dick over it.

It might’ve been on Morrow’s own FB page instead of the contestant group, maybe that’s why you can’t find the thread anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

jennings is just on another level

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Abel Wingnut posted:

He is amazing. 15 years later (wow) and he hasn't lost a step.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

GhostStalker posted:

It might’ve been on Morrow’s own FB page instead of the contestant group, maybe that’s why you can’t find the thread anymore?

Oh, maybe that's it.

I'm skipping watching tonight so I can watch the two games tomorrow and make one game. Just playing one round of Jeopardy is such a waste.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
KenJen with the first successful plug of one's own book in Jeopardy history

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Poque posted:

Jeopardy fame has gone to some of these peoples' heads and it's a really bad look

https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/25/jeopardy-champ-austin-rogers-defend-all-stars-new-format-haters/

I think all these guys are feeling defensive about how much everyone hates this dumbass tournament

To be fair to them, Jeopardy fans are extremely whiny, myself most definitely included

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I honestly don't know what they expected. I really like the categories they've been running but I'm not sure how anyone could be familiar with Jeopardy and think that halving the gameplay per episode and vastly expanding the talk-to-the-contestants portion was going to go over well.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Abel Wingnut posted:

It's ridiculous if they don't offer him the hosting gig but it'll mean no more special "drag Ken back to the soundstage" games.

Remember when the conventional wisdom (including ITT) was that Matt Lauer would get the job?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
I still say Levar Burton would be a perfect jeopardy host.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
I've seen Jane Lynch suggested/rumored elsewhere and I think that would be kind of perfect.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Wackiness is the last quality I want in a Jeopardy host

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Paul F. Tompkins apparently has said he'd be interested; I feel like he could do it but now all I'd ever be able to think about is Hollywoo Stars and Celebrities: What Do They Know? Do They Know Things? Let's Find Out.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
going with anyone but Ken Jennings is overthinking it

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
John Hodgman could do a pretty good job, I think.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Soothing Vapors posted:

going with anyone but Ken Jennings is overthinking it

I thought Jennings said his twitter and overall sense of humor disqualified him because he'd offend a certain portion of the viewing audience.

I'd love him, though. He's honestly funny and definitely has a love of the game.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

A Fancy Hat posted:

I thought Jennings said his twitter and overall sense of humor disqualified him because he'd offend a certain portion of the viewing audience.

I'd love him, though. He's honestly funny and definitely has a love of the game.

Have you read the Jeopardy comments section on Facebook? Half the viewing audience is offended on any given night.

I've seen people complaining that there are too many questions about Obama there.

But yeah I'm totally on team Jennings for the next host.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
it will be Richard Karn

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

I don't know if he's said that himself, but it's probably true. Surely he could exercise some self-control and reel it back if he got the job, but there's still too much past stuff out there. The first week on the air would result in a lot of bad headlines and quoted tweets. I would think that's especially bad for a syndicated show that has to appease every network.

Ken has the talent for sure, and I love the story of the Jeopardy prodigal son who won so many games they made him the host. I don't see it happening though.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Pat Sajak tweets like an rear end in a top hat and still has a job.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I dont follow Kens twitter is he doing like nonstop Aristocrats jokes or something?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

banned from Starbucks posted:

I dont follow Kens twitter is he doing like nonstop Aristocrats jokes or something?

The controversy section on Wikipedia pretty much covers it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Jennings#Controversies

It's nothing too crazy, just some mildly bad taste jokes, political and non.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

every one of those tweets is solid

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Ken Jennings is legit more hilarious than most of professional comedians on Twitter. Plus his first Reddit AMA is a treasure trove of quotes.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Noooooo Julia

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
So hey, I was right in thinking Team Colby wasn't out of the running. Especially with that super-weak finish from Team Austin today.

Hard to imagine Team Ken won't dominate all the way to the finish, although they'll have to take Ken or Matt off the buzzer tomorrow.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

HookShot posted:

Noooooo Julia

First reaction was "yay Austin is less screwed!" followed by immediate crippling guilt for rooting against Julia

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

CPColin posted:

Pat Sajak tweets like an rear end in a top hat and still has a job.

Yeah but who gives a gently caress about Wheel of Boredom?

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

pretty slick how they worked "Abolish ICE" into that clue

Zesty posted:

Yeah but who gives a gently caress about Wheel of Boredom?
I had a friend who went on the show and mispronounced the name of her own town on purpose to piss off the people who live there

Vulture Culture fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Feb 27, 2019

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Vulture Culture posted:

I had a friend who went on the show and mispronounced the name of her own town on purpose to piss off the people who live there
Hahahah this owns.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Propaniac posted:

So hey, I was right in thinking Team Colby wasn't out of the running. Especially with that super-weak finish from Team Austin today.

Hard to imagine Team Ken won't dominate all the way to the finish, although they'll have to take Ken or Matt off the buzzer tomorrow.

For TV ratings, what’s going to happen is a final game with the following two:

Ken vs Brad Rutter in one round.

Matt vs Alex in the other round.

Personally, I remember the Matt vs Alex tournament of champions final and I would love to see them go toe to toe again. That was a great game.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

Personally, I remember the Matt vs Alex tournament of champions final and I would love to see them go toe to toe again. That was a great game.
Wasn't that the biggest rout in the history of the ToC?

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

HookShot posted:

Noooooo Julia

RIP, I really thought they’d go further in this tournament.

Propaniac posted:

Yeah, Monica gave them a slower start today but Ken picked up it immensely in Double, all but shouldering aside the others, though I guess Austin managed to put in some work too. Poor Julia.

Really should’ve been able to come up with Final, and it was so obvious in hindsight. Still, looking at Roger Craig’s response was pretty funny, especially with his banter at Alex after. Guess he’s got a better opinion of Wheel than most people here, myself included. Matt’s $538 wager was probably an election reference (total number of electoral votes) or the stats blog named after it; he seems like the kind of guy, and he’s from DC after all. Team Austin’s “Final Jeopardy strategy session” was hilarious though.

Man, the shot they showed of Colby dancing in response to making the Wild Card was pretty out there.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Alex is my favorite Jeopardy champion

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
It feels cruel to have only one team eliminated right off the bat LOL.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

I'm starting to think this Ken Jennings guy might be good at Jeopardy.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Ken is incredibly good at this and Brad is still better than him. What a collection of talent.

Leonard being in grad school makes me feel really old. Feels like I watched him win the teen tournament yesterday.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Vulture Culture posted:

Wasn't that the biggest rout in the history of the ToC?

Maybe my memory is off, but I remember Alex def just playing better, but Matt betting everything on a day 2 daily double and losing everything. If he would have gotten the double he could have possibly caught Alex. My wife and I really liked Matt for some reason so that could be coloring my memory.

HookShot posted:

It feels cruel to have only one team eliminated right off the bat LOL.

Another final jeopardy involving the countries of Africa.

Edit: it’s been a long day, I think I’m mixing up a daily double and the final on that African question.

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Feb 28, 2019

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Duckman2008 posted:

Edit: it’s been a long day, I think I’m mixing up a daily double and the final on that African question.

Haha yeah, I shouted out the answer to that basically immediately and Mr. Hookshot is just sitting there like "HOW?"

The answer is the politically loaded maps thread.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Duckman2008 posted:

Yeah, Final was about European History; there was a Daily Double in Double regarding African geography.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
If Colby can save me from Austin AND Buzzy I will be so grateful