Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Deified Data posted:

The new grind is breeding shinies and getting perfect IVs

e. Hey Gamefreak? Can we just remove EVs and IVs from Sword and Shield? I say this as someone with dozens of perfect IV pokemon and a stable of perfect IV Ditto studs for every stat. No one actually enjoys this process, they just feel compelled to do it.

not me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

If you removed IVs and EVs you'd get people complaining that they removed a ton of content. You'd have to replace them with something. They are what take the game from a 10 hour game as an adult to an obsession with competitive play. They should be swapped out for something more user friendly. There would still be riots though.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Sun & Moon was the game that finally disabused me of EV and IV poo poo - they got rid of training and locked the breeding items you needed behind the obnoxiously awful Battle Tree. Maybe with the move to Switch I can just keep those mons in the past and be happy with whatever I get. Otherwise I'd have to figure out Pokebank.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Deified Data posted:

The new grind is breeding shinies and getting perfect IVs

e. Hey Gamefreak? Can we just remove EVs and IVs from Sword and Shield? I say this as someone with dozens of perfect IV pokemon and a stable of perfect IV Ditto studs for every stat. No one actually enjoys this process, they just feel compelled to do it.

you skip that grind by playing on showdown instead

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Wamdoodle posted:

Rayman Legends, imo

That's right. Thanks. I knew there was one more.

Thinking about BOTW, and I wonder if one can be hypnotized to forget you ever played it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Brother Entropy posted:

you skip that grind by playing on showdown instead

Yeah I have a bunch of friends who all love doing competitive Pokemon fighting and they all play on Showdown because it's so much easier and fairer.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Deified Data posted:

Always thought it resembled Rhydon

It does, because Rhydon was the very first Pokémon ever made.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

SelenicMartian posted:

Starlink is on sale again, along with everything ubi.

I'm a man of word. Copped the deluxe digital. Now i can play that instead of thinking about Apex constantly.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Is the Deluxe Edition for Starlink everything? I remember people saying it's missing some minor things.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Look Sir Droids posted:

Words from a Day 1 purchaser.

HEY!

...probably :smith:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

s.i.r.e. posted:

Is the Deluxe Edition for Starlink everything? I remember people saying it's missing some minor things.

A couple store exclusive pilots and ships. But it covers every weapon elemental type

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

A couple store exclusive pilots and ships. But it covers every weapon elemental type

Is it possible to purchase those pilots digitally or you have to get the physical toys?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

lol at the idea of a AAA publisher giving consumers a one-stop edition that comes with everything. That's not how they roll.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I was gonna pass on the new Toejam and Earl cause I figured it would be a cash grab on nostalgia but it’s actually getting some really good reviews so I think I’m gonna reconsider and grab it

It really is getting a lot of buzz. I think I’ll pick it up too.

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
Truth be told I DGAF about Pokemons, all I want is a release date for Link's Awakening. I want more Zeldas on my Switch.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CYBEReris posted:

I'm late on pokemon random encounter takes but personally I like the random encounters for the surprise factor in loading into a battle with something rare. just seeing like a chansey or whatever walking around like in LG just isn't the same.

I get that it's a petty reason for liking something that admittedly can also be really annoying and antiquated but that's how I feel about it.

i think this is a very valid reason to dislike how encounters work in let's go. as others have said, having generic enemy actors in the field would work as a way of maintaining a sense of suspense

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

is it still like a thing to stay away from 3rd party switch docks? ie: is it worth it to buy the nintendo ones?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The original brick only happened to switches that were docked while being updated and it hasn't happened since as far as anybody can tell. There are a few docks on the market now that make it a point in their marketing that they aren't likely to brick your switch, although there's no way to be 100% certain.

You'll probably be fine with even a cheap dock from aliexpress as long as you take your switch out before you update, but you're ultimately rolling the dice no matter what you do.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Or how about they walk around like in let's go but also they can still jump out at you in tall grass

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Anyone get ape out yet?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Or how about they walk around like in let's go but also they can still jump out at you in tall grass

That sounds like a way to piss literally everyone off

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Have Pokémon walk around the map like Let's Go but have them react to the player i.e. Mankey and Spearow types chase you around and attack you and initiate a battle while more timid Pokémon might run and hide

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That’s what everyone wants, trash mobs coming to you.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

s.i.r.e. posted:

I want to say yes? The Standard version is missing 4 or 5 weapons, 3 pilots, and 1 Ship aside from the toy online person.

I bought a weapon pack that got me all but one of the weapons plus the Standard. Who needs other pilots or ships?

Deluxe should come with all of the above aside from the toy only ship/pilot.

Get Standard and maybe a weapon pack, if you want to ram your ship into other things that is. It's cheaper.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

That’s what everyone wants, trash mobs coming to you.

Buy some repels binch

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Picked up Mario Rabbids on sale. How is Rayman Legends which is also on sale?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

hadji murad posted:

Picked up Mario Rabbids on sale. How is Rayman Legends which is also on sale?

Rayman Legends is a god drat fantastic platformer, one of the best out there.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://mobile.twitter.com/CNN/status/1101288711428411392

lol cnn is dumb as hell

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

man nurse posted:

Rayman Legends is a god drat fantastic platformer, one of the best out there.

Seconding this. It's absolutely amazing.

Kilometers Davis posted:

lol cnn is dumb as hell

"Nintendo is doomed and is clearly trying to pander with old franchises to save its top-selling console."

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 1, 2019

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Remove the entire “Catching Pokemon” mechanic, stuff them all in loot boxes.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
How about instead of catching Pokemon, you have Pokemon move to your town?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mega64 posted:

How about instead of catching Pokemon, you have Pokemon move to your town?

This would unironically own

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Considering pogo is the current mainstream version, hence let's go, it makes sense in a Grandma's in charge of the news kind of way, that the next Pokemon are lol spinoffs.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Nintendo is dying

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Imagine playing RE4 without motion controls smdh

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

Imagine playing RE4 without motion controls smdh

Yeah, its way better.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Barudak posted:

Yeah, its way better.

There were definitely some games better on the pro controller but RE4 with wiimote and nunchuck is exactly perfect and the way god intended

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Amid new Pokemon game releasing, Nintendo president flees company.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I... what? I don't think I get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

There were definitely some games better on the pro controller but RE4 with wiimote and nunchuck is exactly perfect and the way god intended

Noooope. The wii-mote aiming makes accuracy pinpoint and removes the very import wandering Leon's aim does. Without this a key mechanic of both engaging player concentration under pressure as well as subtly curtailing the effective engagement range of weapons is lost and the game suffers for it.