Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Keep playing, learn from mistakes. That's all it takes. I'm also mid-30s, 2.5-3 KDR and ~20% win rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
We abbreviate Assassins Creed as Asscreed, so why not Titfall 2?

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

keyframe posted:

Does the lifeline care package has a blue light shooting into the sky like regular care packages when untouched?

No, but anyone paying attention will see it coming in and know there are people there as a result.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'm going to marry the Spitfire

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I really wish people understood that dropping bunker means dropping bunker and not splitting off to the houses near bunker and getting killed by a team that actually stuck together.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Groovelord Neato posted:

when TEE EFF|| (TWO) came out one of my friends told me to get it and now i'm mad i didn't listen to her.

It's okay you're just among one of many bad people with horrible taste who didn't play one of the best shooters in recent history

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Finally a BR that rewards aggressive play.

Is there an xbone GT list anywhere?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Lifeline's comes in a lot faster than the automated ones too. If you're not close to the Lifeline or close to a balloon, by the time you engage they'll have looted it. It still gives their location away, but directly capitalizing on it isn't something you can reliably do. Indirectly, definitely.

Smoove
Aug 13, 2012

...and goes down easy
Ok this is a stupid question but am I missing something with chat dropping with pubbies? I played some Overwatch last night and was subject to all the squeaky voices immediately. I’ve scoured the settings in Apex and I don’t think I’m missing anyone but I have yet to hear a voice ever. Just voip talk to text.

Another noob Q; on training mode is there certain set of targets best for practicing close in combat? I’ve started realizing a lot of my issues when I started shooting his body instead of eye targets. Hit boxes seem small as hell.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Finally a BR that rewards aggressive play.

Is there an xbone GT list anywhere?

If you get on Discord there’s a load of posted names I finally just posted mine in there(UprBdyViolence) and need to go friend stalk everyone else.

Smoove fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 3, 2019

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Smoove posted:

Ok this is a stupid question but am I missing something with chat dropping with pubbies? I played some Overwatch last night and was subject to all the squeaky voices immediately. I’ve scoured the settings in Apex and I don’t think I’m missing anyone but I have yet to hear a voice ever. Just voip talk to text.
If you have talk to text enabled it mutes voice.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Olaf The Stout posted:

Guys I am just the worst scrub ever at this game. I'm a much more casual gamer than the majority of posters in this thread to start with, and when I played heavy I only played 3rd person action games. I've actually platinum'ed dark souls and bloodbourne, but haven't played an online shooter since halo 2, and I'm on the PS4, which I know is already a major sin in online shooting. But it's a level playing field with other PS4 users, and I'm averaging like 80 dmg per round, and I'm just barely managing to get 1 kill per level played.

I love the tactile feeling of playing this game, but drat getting smoked over and over is discouraging. I feel like my aim is bad and I get killed a lot when I'm distracted by something like looting. I get jumped often, or get in firefights with one party and get shot in the back by another all the time, or just feeling like I'm missing the majority of my shots in a panic in tense firefights.

The only equity I'd wish for this game is age-restricted queue matchmaking, even though I know that will never ever happen and it's not even on anyones radar. I'm mid 30s, I'd love to be placed in a matchmaker queue that grouped similar ages together so I don't feel like I'm being aced by nimbly-bimbly 12-year-olds every round.

I accept my failures as my own, any significant input from you guys beyond "git gud"?

You don’t want age gated queues. What you want is a ranked mode so the matchmaker will put you in games against other players at your skill level, regardless of age. Besides, there are plenty of grandpa gamers itt that stomp 12 year olds.

Smoove
Aug 13, 2012

...and goes down easy

Elysiume posted:

If you have talk to text enabled it mutes voice.

Interesting. I swear I turned it all off but guess I need to recheck the settings, I miss being told how many people have slept with my mom.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Fat Man's shield lasts just long enough to Respawn someone, so that's cool I guess

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

John DiFool posted:

Never played the original TF but played a ton of TF2. TF2 is just fun as gently caress both in MP and SP.

After watching gameplay vids of the original it’s hard to believe its gameplay is actually better. It just looks slower and less polished, aesthetics aside.

But the first game is the only notable Bone exclusive, so therefore it is significantly superior because of

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

https://clips.twitch.tv/VainHomelyReubenMcaT

Got a good chuckle out of this clip.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
People don't realise fat man has a slower run speed so it's common place to see a Bangalore and Lifeline run ahead and to see a weapons holstered lone fat man gallop across an open field about 40 seconds behind the other two.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Anidav posted:

People don't realise fat man has a slower run speed so it's common place to see a Bangalore and Lifeline run ahead and to see a weapons holstered lone fat man gallop across an open field about 40 seconds behind the other two.

All the characters have the exact same run speed. (This is why the hitbox differences are such a big deal -- the characters are all identical beyond their model sizes and specific abilities.)

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Anidav posted:

Incorrect, players who move faster are sliding better or already had a headstart.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Okay, the bamboozle isn't the worst, but can't we agree as a package his abilities greatly pale compared to most of the other characters? I've switched to lifeline for the moment.

Also found out today that doors can be exploded?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

All the characters have the exact same run speed. (This is why the hitbox differences are such a big deal -- the characters are all identical beyond their model sizes and specific abilities.)

And while you could balance a character around having a worse hitbox and better abilities, I don't know if I like the idea of there being "ability" characters in a shooter like this. It works as a balancing feature in Overwatch. I'm not sure I like it in Apex.

E: doors can be both exploded and kicked.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
I've plateaued a bit. I'm level 47 and finally figured out that you should climb everything especially when enemies are looking for you. Most newer players do not look up and are only looking straight in front of them. I've been at a huge advantage just by climbing a building and getting the drop on them.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
what gear do i need to run this game at 144fps@2560x1080p? my PC (GTX 970, i5 6600k) is doing okay but it drops to like 35-40 during bloodhound ult/smoke grenades which sucks a lot. I don't need to play at max I just want consistent smoothness

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

codo27 posted:

Okay, the bamboozle isn't the worst, but can't we agree as a package his abilities greatly pale compared to most of the other characters? I've switched to lifeline for the moment.

Also found out today that doors can be exploded?

don't use his ult as a get away, use it to flank and against most people it wins you gun fights

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Nobody gives a gently caress about team fortress anymore.

Tf2 = Titanfall 2

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

SKULL.GIF posted:

What? Is it lag then? I swear sometimes it's slower.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Anidav posted:

He's taller, which messes with your perception of speed because it means the camera is further off the ground.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Anidav posted:

Occasionally matches open with severe server lag where everyone in the server is moving at 50% speed or slower. If you were unlucky enough to have picked Gibralatar for the first times for one of these matches you might pick up the mistaken impression that he's slower than other characters -- this is what happened to me.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Arist posted:

He's taller, which messes with your perception of speed because it means the camera is further off the ground.

He also has a longer stride with slower arm movements.

But yeah, same actual speed.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I been playing a fair bit of Mirage and his abilities are actually really good. Got a win yesterday where I used his ult about three times in the game to get close to enemy squads and then melt them with the auto Prowler. It worked really well. By the time they realise something is happening one of their team is downed.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Dren posted:

You don’t want age gated queues. What you want is a ranked mode so the matchmaker will put you in games against other players at your skill level, regardless of age. Besides, there are plenty of grandpa gamers itt that stomp 12 year olds.

No, I know what I asked for. I actually love the freedom from any sort of ELO system in this game. As far as I'm aware the only matchmaking consideration is there are two types of queues: one for solo and doubles, and one for triples, and thats it. Online matchmaking in shooters has been determined by a matchmaker ELO system since halo 2, it's fun to finally have a game that throws that out and lets absolute tyranny and madness reign. It's one of the things I like most about this game, despite being at the bottom of the skill pile.

I also recognize that some older gamers absolutely outskill younger opponents, and thats fine too.

The age-based idea is simply something I think would be fun to implement and observe the effects as an experiment, as far as I know it's never been done. Would the overall skill and meta knowledge median of the playerbase shift to a noticeable degree? No idea, I just think it would be a fun experiment, and if a game advertised it as a feature I'd be interested based on that alone.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I hate how terrible every single epic skin is. Right now an epic from a pack other than crafting materials is basically a worse looking common.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

tweet my meat posted:

I hate how terrible every single epic skin is. Right now an epic from a pack other than crafting materials is basically a worse looking common.

Yeah it's weird

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Are those the purples?

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I'm having a lot of fun with this game, but I'm insanely bad at it. Every engagement is like a slapstick nightmare as I do all the wrong things in dreamlike slow motion. My new favorite thing is forgetting that I'm not playing Lifeline for once, frantically mashing Q for some health during a firefight and filling the room with smoke.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

Lester Shy posted:

I'm having a lot of fun with this game, but I'm insanely bad at it. Every engagement is like a slapstick nightmare as I do all the wrong things in dreamlike slow motion. My new favorite thing is forgetting that I'm not playing Lifeline for once, frantically mashing Q for some health during a firefight and filling the room with smoke.

I usually play Lifeline too.

Other night I was playing as Bangalore and forgot I wasn’t Lifeline. Went to call in the care package ult and whoops how about a bunch of missiles instead lol

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Holy christ, just had a guy rush a team when we had the thunderdome cage completely locked down with traps in the final circle. I really hate the agression= always good mindset the community seems to have because occasionally your teammate just decides to throw away a guaranteed win for some aggro plays

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Mar 4, 2019

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Thought these 2000 kill guys were good til I just seen a 5000 banner. One guy hosed right off I dunno why but we held out til the last 2 squads. Thought I was gonna do something with a turbo'd devotion but apparently that's just as good as putting a turbo on my Honda

panda clue
May 23, 2014

I found the problem

panda clue fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 4, 2019

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Got multiple wins today as Mirage. His passive being garbage and his ult being situational are a bonus for me, because they force me to get my head out of my rear end and just shoot people. His Q being great 100% of the time and having almost no cooldown is more than enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I was thinking when I was flanking and murdering these squads that being mostly invisible was a bonus but what really got me the kills is that it stopped me from opening fire until I was much closer