Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

TriffTshngo posted:

My rule of thumb: the more a digimon is covered in metal spikes and blades and cannons the more I like it

Boy, do I have a Digimon for you.

Nodosaur posted:

But Z'dGarurumon is the one that is really unfitting. Taking a line known for speedy attacks and making the Ultimate form a four legged tank... doesn't fit it at all, and smacks of just being there for marketing, which honestly hurts Next's narrative a fair bit.

I always thought that it was obvious the idea behind Z'd and Victory was "What if we give WarGreymon and Metal Garurumon the Grey Sword and the Garuru Cannon respectively?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Boy, do I have a Digimon for you.

bandai make gundramon the main character's partner in the next (non-mobile) game or show you cowards

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Geostomp posted:

To be fair, MetalGarurumon was already kind of out of left field for the line outside of still being a blue wolf that can shoot a blue substance out of its mouth.

As a kid, I always thought that Greymon and Garurumon swapped themes for their Mega forms just for kicks.

quote:

I always thought that it was obvious the idea behind Z'd and Victory was "What if we give WarGreymon and Metal Garurumon the Grey Sword and the Garuru Cannon respectively?"

I'm not talking about MetalGarurumon and the Gabumon line. I'm talking about Z'dGarurumon and the Gaogamon line. In the Next manga, the evolution line goes Gaomon > Gaogamon > MachGaogamon > Z'dGarurumon, to match how VictoryGreymon is the end point for Agumon's line.

This was done to market the Digimon Twin, which came out concurrently with the latter chapters of Next, and is one of the examples of marketing negatively impacting the story in this franchise.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 17, 2019

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So standard business for Digimon evolutions then?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

The Bee posted:

War and Were being very close helped with that thought, imo. I can tell because I had the same one.

Same

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Fourthed

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Fifthed.

As a young mexican that was just starting to understand english at the time, i assumed they war the same.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Fifthed.

As a young mexican that was just starting to understand english at the time, i assumed they war the same.

Very good

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/status/1088175552391897089

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I can't look at a picture of Digimon and the phrase 'it's been' without my brain automatically filling in 'ONE WEEK'.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Leraika posted:

I can't look at a picture of Digimon and the phrase 'it's been' without my brain automatically filling in 'ONE WEEK'.

Hell, same.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Cyber Sleuth is gone from the EU PSN two months after being removed from the American one.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

with this happening AND the dub dvds "suddenly" going out of print, I think it's safe to say that someone new now has the license to the franchise in the west.

It's probably Hasbro.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

with this happening AND the dub dvds "suddenly" going out of print, I think it's safe to say that someone new now has the license to the franchise in the west.

It's probably Hasbro.

Preferable to Disney

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean the dubs overseen by Disney (Data Squad and the movies past 3) were altogether more accurate and true to the original script, save for the weird stuff that Toei insisted upon, while Hasbro's partners for localization of properties they license include the people who did the Transformers Unicron Trilogy and Nelvana, so I disagree with that statement.

The Yo-Kai Watch dub is pretty decent for a show full of name changes so maybe that'll set a new precedent but I know who has the better track record.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Disney is an atrocious company with terrible policies that treats its properties like poo poo unless they make bank

So no, I'm pretty fine on my gently caress Disney stance.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I’m just comparing what’s actually been produced. Hasbro has a very very poor track record with this that’s several times worse than even the old Saban dubs. They have a really terrible track record with anime. Disney in contrast has actual provable results with the Digimon property that, while far from perfect, didn’t produce dubs (as far as Digimon is concerned) that are at times unfinished or impossible to understand,or full of extensive cuts that even 4 Kids would probably find excessive.

They have a lot to prove with Digimon. Meanwhile, whatever Disney did with the property, the stuff they put out was still the best localized stuff in the franchise until the Tri dub came along.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I'm of the opinion both Disney and Hasbro can go take a flying leap.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Capitalism is a disease.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

If it's Hasbro then there'll probably end up being a comic where WarGreymon and Optimus Prime hang out.

Preferably one where WarGreymon, Michelangelo, Optimus, Twilight Sparkle and Jen pilot an UltraZord.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

If it's Hasbro then there'll probably end up being a comic where WarGreymon and Optimus Prime hang out.

Preferably one where WarGreymon, Michelangelo, Optimus, Twilight Sparkle and Jen pilot an UltraZord.

While fighting Cobra’s evil plan to release hypnotic Beyblades.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Watanabe did these designs for a contest or something. I wish they were official Digimon.

https://twitter.com/jinke_jinke/status/1093877590836707328?s=20

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Nodosaur posted:

Watanabe did these designs for a contest or something. I wish they were official Digimon.

https://twitter.com/jinke_jinke/status/1093877590836707328?s=20

I want the cat piloting the dragon / dino mech to be a real Digimon SO bad. ahaha

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

ThermoPhysical posted:

I want the cat piloting the dragon / dino mech to be a real Digimon SO bad. ahaha

The one on the left would make a great Perfect stage for Fangmon, who is rather lacking in good options currently

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

ThermoPhysical posted:

Feels like a weird mega, aka the best megas.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Another interview, this time with the Pendulum Digivice developers

https://garmtranslations.wordpress.com/2019/01/24/digimon-pendulum-artbook-digimon-pendulum-developers-interview/

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwvcs2jDNUE

I miss this kind of CGI

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/1101457345073344512

Oh hey, Red Eyes and Blue Eyes got a part time gig as Digimon

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/1101457345073344512

Oh hey, Red Eyes and Blue Eyes got a part time gig as Digimon

How many YuGiOh Monsters wouldn't fit in Digimon at this point

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Both franchises do subscribe to the "more things" school of design. Sometimes those things are just guns.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It's not even just the non-humanoid ones. Behold!

Shinatomon, SilentSwordsmon Child and Adult, and Magnetmon Valkyrie Mode (which is a Xros fusion of Magnetmon Alpha, Beta, and Gamma).

Edit: Even the newest of these guys is older than Savers.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 1, 2019

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That's amazing but I doubt most of the thread will get it or feel it as much as we do.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Whoever doesn't get it doesn't deserve tokusatsu or anime.

Dr Chapatin, El Chapulin Colorado and El Chavo are the Kamen Rider, Kamen Rider 2 and Kamen Rider V3 of Mexico. Don Ramon is Riderman. PROVE ME WRONG.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Mar 1, 2019

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/WeLoveDigimonTH/status/1102229564447588352

I wonder if those life sized WarGreymon and Angewomon can actually transform.

Also, an "Original V-Pet" is coming to the west this year for 20 bucks.

https://withthewill.net/threads/21326-Digimon-Original-V-Pet-Info-and-Image-from-Toy-Fair

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Holy poo poo, please.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Quattro is coming out on next year's spring

https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/1102898151399350272?s=19

That's one gorgeous poster.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Mar 5, 2019

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

No amount of nice posters will make me think this won't be as terrible as the other two times they tried to make Adventure sequels.

Either go for something new or give us the Tamers sequel the actual main writer of the series wants to do, Toei. Enough with this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Broke: Adventure sequel
Woke: Tamers sequel
Bespoke: Frontier sequel

Oh God I'm kidding Toei please no wait stop