Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

TheRat posted:

Enfeeble got loving violated

It got a buff didn't it overall? From 60/80% less effectiveness to 50%. I guess it depends on how much the accuracy nerf is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I approve of these changes.

I am however not likely to make a Scion Storm Brand character anymore.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

TheRat posted:

Enfeeble got loving violated

There's the Occultist nerf

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

hmmm, instead of addressing Zerker they decided to see if they could make slayer have a lower player count

bold strategy

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

MMF Freeway posted:

It got a buff didn't it overall? From 60/80% less effectiveness to 50%. I guess it depends on how much the accuracy nerf is

50% less curse effect vs rares is loving brutal

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

TheRat posted:

50% less curse effect vs rares is loving brutal

Oh I did not read good enough

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Can someone explain the slayer/scion nerf for my friend who is bad at good think?

Unironically looking forward to using onslaught & phantasm as early supports for every build now btw

im the friend

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Svensken posted:

Can someone explain the slayer/scion nerf for my friend who is bad at good think?

Unironically looking forward to using onslaught & phantasm as early supports for every build now btw

im the friend

You wont be able to store up minutes of leech buffer now, since nothing lasts longer than 5 seconds

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Leech nerf was way overdue, Ascendant Slayer was incredibly dumb. They really desperately need to give Slayer something substantial in this case, though, and there's no mention of it while there are notes for Trickster and Inquisitor.

Assassin's Mark, Enfeeble, and Tempchains all got whomped, much less interested in my tri-curse Vortex Occultist start off of that (not that AM mattered for it). Unless I'm misreading the critical strike changes and how that affects AM. Of note is that Controlled Destruction is no longer a free huge damage link on EO builds!

Nerf to CWC by making the desirable big hitters worse, perhaps.

Maxres capping at 90 is mildly amusing.

Inquisitor seems like it might be pretty loving crazy with the new Consecrated Ground mechanics!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Inquisitor needed a (more) viable alternative to the 100% cookie-cutter resistance pen. With so many sources of pen/resistance lowering abilities now putting things at zero was kind of eh. The consecrated ground path was...good, even great for some builds, but needed to be a viable option for every build.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

AegisP posted:

Wait a second...they're removing the min/max crit caps? O_o

I'm glad for this and it really stuck out like a sore thumb before.

Accuracy I can sort of buy because a lot of games will say "you theoretically never be unable to hit an enemy at all" though I do prefer the idea of there being some threshold at which you never miss. With crit it's purely just a designer who said "hey I play a lot of D20 games wouldn't it be funny if no matter what you could roll a natural 20 and crit or roll a natural 1 and critical fail?"

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

can i get an invite on baram?

nerox
May 20, 2001

theshim posted:

Leech nerf was way overdue, Ascendant Slayer was incredibly dumb. They really desperately need to give Slayer something substantial in this case, though, and there's no mention of it while there are notes for Trickster and Inquisitor.

Assassin's Mark, Enfeeble, and Tempchains all got whomped, much less interested in my tri-curse Vortex Occultist start off of that (not that AM mattered for it). Unless I'm misreading the critical strike changes and how that affects AM. Of note is that Controlled Destruction is no longer a free huge damage link on EO builds!

Nerf to CWC by making the desirable big hitters worse, perhaps.

Maxres capping at 90 is mildly amusing.

Inquisitor seems like it might be pretty loving crazy with the new Consecrated Ground mechanics!

They also talked about new sources of +max resists next league. Dunno if that means loreweave wont be quite as popular or if it means for the new league content they are expecting you to have higher max resists, which would be one way to address offensive power creep by making you gear for defensive power creep.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

When the patch goes live how long does it take for path of building to get updated with the changes

remember
Nov 23, 2006

TheRat posted:

You wont be able to store up minutes of leech buffer now, since nothing lasts longer than 5 seconds

Yeah practically it means Slayer's niche of lab farmer is gone and any Ascendant Slayer/x is probably dead but at the very least less tanky. Any bow ascendant should now be comparable as a Ranger if not outright better.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ugh, now I have no idea what I'm going to start with.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

Ugh, now I have no idea what I'm going to start with.

Storm Burst Trickster

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Feldegast42 posted:

When the patch goes live how long does it take for path of building to get updated with the changes

forever because the lead dev works for GGG now and doesn't actively maintain his tool

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Avatar of Fire Kamehameha Elementalist

Ignites, maaaan

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Feldegast42 posted:

Usually with in a hour or two of patch notes, but the POB guy hasn't updated somethings in a while since he got a job at GGG.

quote:

Other Changes
Critical Strike Chance
Previously, an effect that could critically hit was capped at 5% minimum critical chance, and 95% maximum critical chance. We've set both of these caps to 0% and 100%.

Effects that gave enemies an additional chance to be critically hit have all been changed to instead increase the chance of critical hits against them, or give additional critical chance before modifiers, as if the attacker had critical bonuses against the target rather than an additional chance added on top.

This makes elemental overload with controlled destruction near impossible to proc right?

ist
Mar 9, 2007
lurkin since '01
Shame about that leech nerf, I won't be playing cyclone scion this season. Almost certainly starting with some sort of inquisitor pending spell numbers in patch notes.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Isn’t that a huge EO nerf in there.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

euphronius posted:

Isn’t that a huge EO nerf in there.

Yes. Running CD on a 5% spell will now drop down to 2.5% crit chance. So you'll likely need *some* spell crit sources if you want to have EO up for most spells.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Vasudus posted:

Yes. Running CD on a 5% spell will now drop down to 2.5% crit chance. So you'll likely need *some* spell crit sources if you want to have EO up for most spells.
Uhhh, no, it should drop it to 0%?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Bugsy posted:

This makes elemental overload with controlled destruction near impossible to proc right?

Yes but you can still use something like storm brand + increase crit + arcane surge to apply it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

euphronius posted:

Can’t decide between stormbrand elementalist or scion elementalist/slayer to start.

Hahaha well well well.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

lamentable dustman posted:

hmmm, instead of addressing Zerker they decided to see if they could make slayer have a lower player count

bold strategy

"melee isn't so bad, I mean you could always play a 2hander build as an ascendant or slayer and get that crazy overleech."

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

nerox posted:

They also talked about new sources of +max resists next league. Dunno if that means loreweave wont be quite as popular or if it means for the new league content they are expecting you to have higher max resists, which would be one way to address offensive power creep by making you gear for defensive power creep.

The idea of "defensive power creep" is kind of silly with how this game has gone. I dug up this video of Kripparian talking about his Freeze Pulser at the point he finished all the gear for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EWMl4Odu44

Looking at the stats of the build, he has instant leech, 8700 life, and 85% all resists. It's at lvl 88 so if he hit lvl 93 or so getting to 9000 life would have been easy. This build is far tankier than what most builds get today in terms of life pool and resistances.

On the other hand, his dps is 2500 on Freeze Pulse (remember it shotgunned so it's really 12500). 6L was incredibly hard to come by at the time and he finally gets the 6L in this video for a damage support, since Life Leech support was mandatory at the time. His crit rate was like 36%.

Kripp said at the time that even if you could build as tanky as he did, the game was still going to kill you at some point. The game has gotten dramatically more dangerous since then in terms of what monsters can actually do, and it's actually harder to get as tanky as Kripp was in that video today.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

BobbyK posted:

For people that hit 36 challenges regularly, do you have any advice for someone who burns out at 24 every single time?

Typically there are around 6 challenges that are significantly more effort to accomplish than the others, figure out which 4 you’re going to ignore and have a plan on how to get the others done. Buy carries for boss challenges that you can’t handle on your own, then come back to them after 36 if you want. Actually, aggressively buy anything (prophecies, scarabs, etc.) that will make it easier to get to 36. Rerolling can be a good way to have more fun and prevent burnout, but it’s not for everyone. If you feel burnout coming, take a week or two off before it really sets in. This doesn’t always work but it’s a shot at hitting your goal without making yourself miserable.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

theshim posted:

Uhhh, no, it should drop it to 0%?

:lol: who needs math

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

RPZip posted:

That's an interesting idea. Do you skip the occultist es nodes then?
I don't. stun immunity, es regen on kill, and non-interrupted ES recharge is what makes EB MoM occultist work well

theshim
May 1, 2012

Vasudus posted:

:lol: who needs math
fite me irl vasudus :mad:

Osci
Oct 11, 2016
I'm really interested in seeing the numbers on the trickster changes.
It was already a really solid ascendancy which got a ton of clear speed and hp/mana/ES recovery for free. Only downside was that everything was on-kill so it was mediocre against bosses.

Now it can have full uptime of both frenzy and power charges, and if the numbers on the ghost shrouds are good it should also have some really nice survivability.
Easy access to ES leech near the starting area is also a really nice change.

I started one last league, and I will probably do the same in this one. Only thing to decide is which spell to use.

Osci fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Mar 5, 2019

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Ghost Shroud should be loving nuts with Hale Negator if it's any good at all.

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug

Tai posted:

How do you reduce Arc's power without loving self cast Arc.

BadMedic posted:

Increase cast speed, decrease damage proportionally. Self cast won't notice a thing, but PP and traps get nerfed.

Called it!

Also can I get a guild re-invite? Character name BadMedic.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

It still depends on just how hard brands are going to be nerfed but that manifesto hasn't pushed me off Storm Brand Elementalist as a starter yet.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I don't think arma brand deserves a nerf :colbert:

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

lmao this hype cycle is honestly pretty dumb, it's like a month now of constantly going "well.... depending on the numbers" for basically everything.

Everything is described so vaguely you can't have much emotions at all good or bad.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Slayer nerf not too vague.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
They buffed Phantasms, Convocation, and Consecrated Ground, gonna play summoner all league again. :yayclod: