Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

clips and magazines are legitimately different, have different uses, and if you misuse those in a conflict zone you might get someone killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

local goon unfamiliar with laundry, what a surprise

it's not a clip, it's a magazine, and furthermore

clips are what civvies use in their hair, this is a magazine

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

SRQ posted:

clips and magazines are legitimately different, have different uses, and if you misuse those in a conflict zone you might get someone killed.

go back to loving your guns and stop posting

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Ocrassus posted:

Haven't multiple iphone ads shown it being submerged in beer, had a significant amount of projectile water thrown at it at speed etc?

yes.

and someone in Australia had coverage for water damage from when they fell in a pool denied and took it to their consumer protection agency which overturned Apple and forced them to replace the device because the announcement video talked about how don't have to worry any more about it falling into a pool.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

hobbesmaster posted:

clips are what civvies use in their hair, this is a magazine

what, like teen beat?

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
folks my iphone se is working great, don't know what all the hubbub is about

bump_fn posted:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

guns are the anime of things

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

jesus WEP posted:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

infernal machines posted:

what, like teen beat?

i've been bamboozled

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

bump_fn posted:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Raluek posted:

Doesn’t the remote do this by IR blasting the tv? Can’t do that with your phone

i meant the apple tv volume regulator, rather than the one innate to the tv itself. those two are independant.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

jesus WEP posted:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

lol

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

lmao

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

somewhere there is a drunk man trying to light the rifle round stuck in his mouth

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

couldn’t even pick a good pack of smokes, what a cursed image

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

smoking is disgusting so it all goes hand in hand

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Shifty Pony posted:

yes.

and someone in Australia had coverage for water damage from when they fell in a pool denied and took it to their consumer protection agency which overturned Apple and forced them to replace the device because the announcement video talked about how don't have to worry any more about it falling into a pool.

good. this is how consumer protection should work.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Turnquiet posted:

the apple tv 4k on an lg oled is extremely good and I won't be going to movie theaters anymore.

Friendly reminder to connect STB->AVR->TV if you have a surround sound system and want true audio passthrough. Until eARC gains traction as part of the new HDMI version, the ARC connection is just two channels and the TV has to do a lossy re-encode. (This doesn't apply to the Netflix app on LG OLEDs so you can still do TV->AVR if you don't have any set-top boxes)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Turnquiet posted:

the apple tv 4k on an lg oled is extremely good and I won't be going to movie theaters anymore.

im "worried" that when i finally retire my panasonic plasma and jump to oled ill never visit a theater again

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

cargo cult dongling

dongles rule

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Vintersorg posted:

im "worried" that when i finally retire my panasonic plasma and jump to oled ill never visit a theater again

hope your living room is lit like a theatre

oled is very dim

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i only like lamps and near darkness

biggest source of light is prob my gecko enclosure haha

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

hope your living room is lit like a theatre

oled is very dim

nice post from 2013. hdr-capable oled is, like all hdr tvs, way too loving bright

the problem with oled tvs is burn in. i hope you dont play videogames on it because youll be seeing the hud every time anything yellow appears for the rest of your life

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Who wants to inherit grandpa's OLED, it has the Fox News logo burnt it.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

poty posted:

nice post from 2013. hdr-capable oled is, like all hdr tvs, way too loving bright

they literally re-wrote the hdr standard to add a special low-brightness category for oled tvs

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
the oled dimness thing is controversial enough that sony has two flagship tvs -- one with a sony LCD panel, and the other with an LG OLED, knowing that neither one alone would suit all high-end consumers

if you are putting your tv in a home theatre, where the lighting is well controlled, you're not gonna care that oled is dimmer than an lcd

if you are putting it in your living room, with windows and stuff, it's not good

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

great. getting calls that id as myself that are phishing scams. already gotten 4 today.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the oled dimness thing is controversial enough that sony has two flagship tvs -- one with a sony LCD panel, and the other with an LG OLED, knowing that neither one alone would suit all high-end consumers

if you are putting your tv in a home theatre, where the lighting is well controlled, you're not gonna care that oled is dimmer than an lcd

if you are putting it in your living room, with windows and stuff, it's not good

what makes you think my living room has windows?

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

This is my daytime LCD TV and this *pushes button*

https://i.imgur.com/g1y1ubz.mp4

is my evening OLED TV

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

lord funk posted:

great. getting calls that id as myself that are phishing scams. already gotten 4 today.

it's great that apple forces you to deal with these calls by giving them ability to interfere with anything else on the phone

it's especially great if i'm already on a call and a robocall comes in and i have to figure out which button makes the robocall stop and not accidentally conference in the scammer

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
dear apple

i know "phone" takes up 83% of the name of your only successful product but the phone wasn't even the most useful part of the product in 2007, let alone 2019

let it go

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

jesus WEP posted:

lol

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
a well animated mecha, being essential to the security of a weeb state, the right of the people to keep and watch anime, shall not be infringed

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

it's great that apple forces you to deal with these calls by giving them ability to interfere with anything else on the phone

it's especially great if i'm already on a call and a robocall comes in and i have to figure out which button makes the robocall stop and not accidentally conference in the scammer

yeah this "feature" is loving insane

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yeah very strange that a telephone acts like a telephone

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
i really really want a separate do not disturb option of "dont notify me of phone calls from people not in my contacts" which i can leave on indefinitely -- i know the main do not distrub funcytionality can do that but that would require switching do not disturb behavior for meetings/etc. when now i can just turn on "do not disturb until the end of this event" and not have to settings

it would also bother me to see the "calls and notifications will be silenced" banner on the lock screen 24/7 if using the exitsing dnd option for that

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Lysidas posted:

i really really want a separate do not disturb option of "dont notify me of phone calls from people not in my contacts" which i can leave on indefinitely -- i know the main do not distrub funcytionality can do that but that would require switching do not disturb behavior for meetings/etc. when now i can just turn on "do not disturb until the end of this event" and not have to settings

it would also bother me to see the "calls and notifications will be silenced" banner on the lock screen 24/7 if using the exitsing dnd option for that

I set my default ringtone to a silent tone and no vibration. Gave the handful of people I care about a custom ringtone. Everybody else can go to voicemail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ted hitler posted:

This is my daytime LCD TV and this *pushes button*

https://i.imgur.com/g1y1ubz.mp4

is my evening OLED TV

a c/w built one of these its neat