Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

RiffRaff1138 posted:

I can only assume you're talking about your Liset landing craft, and mistaking the name of your ship's Cephalon (Ordis) as that of the ship itself. If that's the case, just pause while on your Orbiter, and go to Equipment, Landing Craft, Customize Landing Craft. Alternate skins cost 50 plat each (no hot rod paint job, unfortunately) or you can simply change the colors for free.

Hot pink and mustard colored it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Raptor1033 posted:

The core should go for ~200. Maxxed mods usually go for 100-150.

To explain this for new players: a legendary core maxes the mod of your choice. A maxed prime mod may be appealing to someone, but you have to find someone who wants that mod. Thus, the choice aspect is worth more.

(Ten rank mods are 10k/20k/30k/40k Endo for bronze/silver/gold/diamond mods respectively)

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
OK, gently caress the poo poo out of grineer and corpus spy missions on the questline Stolen Dreams.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Diabetic posted:

OK, gently caress the poo poo out of grineer and corpus spy missions on the questline Stolen Dreams.

*insert Event Horizon “we have such sights to show you” gif*

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Diabetic posted:

Do you know about ciphers? Go on the market, into the gear section and buy the blueprint, and just keep stockpiling them.

When you next go to hack a console, use a cipher and it'll autohack instantly. The other thing to look for is the air vents - there are a ton of videos on youtube showing you how the routes and the timings for getting through unseen.

Or buy Ivara and the Prowl augment, and trivialise all vaults forever.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Do you know about ciphers? Go on the market, into the gear section and buy the blueprint, and just keep stockpiling them.

When you next go to hack a console, use a cipher and it'll autohack instantly. The other thing to look for is the air vents - there are a ton of videos on youtube showing you how the routes and the timings for getting through unseen.

Or buy Ivara and the Prowl augment, and trivialise all vaults forever.

I made three ciphers for the corpus one. I thought I was good but I realized I used a cipher on a basic mob alarm. I was obscenely cursing at the last vault and managed to finish with 0.3 seconds left. I finished up stolen dreams this morning and looks like I'm heading to Jupiter next.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I've seen a bunch of build videos that use Hunters Munitions. Problem is that it's tied to an event that I have no clue when will start :smith:. Wish they had like an event calendar like WoW.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Is there an XBone guild? If so, can I get an invite? GT: Flexible Ethics.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Can they please do something to make this game lamer or break it for a while? ALL I play every anymore on my Switch is Warframe. And aside from like a handful of Apex Legends games, it's basically all I ever play anymore. Ever.
Anymore.
Ever.

Anymore.

Ever.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Feenix posted:

Can they please do something to make this game lamer or break it for a while? ALL I play every anymore on my Switch is Warframe. And aside from like a handful of Apex Legends games, it's basically all I ever play anymore. Ever.
Anymore.
Ever.

Anymore.

Ever.

Same here minus Apex. I think we are still at the romance stage where everything is new and there is always something to work for. It might change once we basically get too juiced out.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

This game is pretty much my best "gaming dry spell" game. I put it down during seasons when I have a bunch of games to play and pick it up hard when I've got nothing else, like I haven't touched it since Fortuna came out but it was still my #1 most played game last year with something close of 400 hours despite me having only really played it for 3-4 months that year.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This game is a good financial decision for me since I never spend money on any other games. I’ll get the $60 booster/accessory thing every 3 months and still come out ahead.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"
I went ahead and made a :siren: XBOX DISCORD CHANNEL :siren: so we can get our poo poo organised at https://discord.gg/jBjygyj

Can the OP add this to the OP?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

NORTH-HALL posted:

I went ahead and made a :siren: XBOX DISCORD CHANNEL :siren: so we can get our poo poo organised at https://discord.gg/jBjygyj

Can the OP add this to the OP?
Added :)

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Quick question about Zenurik focus

Don't read if you have not completed the dreams yet.

After I got the ability to transfer I cannot do that big laser beam attack anymore. I am on the Switch and the original combination to do the attack was L1+R1. Now when I push that I just transfer. Did they change the button combination or is that move just gone?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

10 Beers posted:

Is there an XBone guild? If so, can I get an invite? GT: Flexible Ethics.

Come join your pal fastest on switch

RiffRaff1138
Feb 28, 2006

Every single motherfucker thinks they're gonna save the fuckin' world... Why not do something about the shitty economy or whatever instead?! Son of a bitch!

Mesadoram posted:

Quick question about Zenurik focus

Don't read if you have not completed the dreams yet.

After I got the ability to transfer I cannot do that big laser beam attack anymore. I am on the Switch and the original combination to do the attack was L1+R1. Now when I push that I just transfer. Did they change the button combination or is that move just gone?

Transference completely replaces Transcendence. You should be able to fire void beams from your hand now, with RZ. Also, now that you have Transference, there's a semi-hidden doorway in Cetus that you should visit, among the rocks behind Konzu.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RiffRaff1138 posted:

Transference completely replaces Transcendence. You should be able to fire void beams from your hand now, with RZ. Also, now that you have Transference, there's a semi-hidden doorway in Cetus that you should visit, among the rocks behind Konzu.

Bah, that is what I figured. Thank you. Yeah, I got the mote and honestly it feels like it blows real hard. Should I be going for a specific upgrade for it first? Once again it is modualized and I have no idea what is good or bad.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Bah, that is what I figured. Thank you. Yeah, I got the mote and honestly it feels like it blows real hard. Should I be going for a specific upgrade for it first? Once again it is modualized and I have no idea what is good or bad.

Start with the three basic modules. Simply having a modular node is a massive upgrade over not having one, and those are the cheapest. You can start customising your new toy according to your preferences from there.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Darth Walrus posted:

Start with the three basic modules. Simply having a modular node is a massive upgrade over not having one, and those are the cheapest. You can start customising your new toy according to your preferences from there.

The objectively correct configuration for a mid-range reliable one is referred to as a 223, referring to Shwaak Prism, Shraksun Scaffold, Lohrin Brace which are found in ranks 2 and 3 of the Quills for some rep. The parts required to build them ultimately require you to get to rank 4 with the Quills. It's basically an amp version of the Arca Plasmor. This will rip up dolons and vomvalysts.

Once you've got one of those set up, you're in a position where doing tridolons is an option and doesn't just feel like somebody else is carrying you through the whole thing.

There's some even more powerful bits from Little Duck in Fortuna, but that's an entirely different kind of grind beast.

Vegastar fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Mar 6, 2019

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Darth Walrus posted:

Awesome, thank you!

Vegastar posted:

The objectively correct configuration for a mid-range reliable one is referred to as a 223, referring to Shwaak Prism, Shraksun Scaffold, Lohrin Brace which are found in ranks 2 and 3 of the Quills for some rep. The parts required to build them ultimately require you to get to rank 4 with the Quills. It's basically an amp version of the Arca Plasmor. This will rip up dolons and vomvalysts.

Once you've got one of those set up, you're in a position where doing tridolons is an option and doesn't just feel like somebody else is carrying you through the whole thing.

There's some even more powerful bits from Little Duck in Fortuna, but that's an entirely different kind of grind beast.

That sounds fantastic :allears:

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

FastestGunAlive posted:

Come join your pal fastest on switch

Counterpoint, come join your pals Flex and Skater on XBox!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
What are some weapons I should be looking to grab? I'm MR10 and am starting to notice that I'm not doing much damage to higher level enemies, only Tonkor is really blasting people, and not so much Vs level 50+ guys. Do I just need more rare and Riven mods (I have 2, and both at MR12+)?

So far I have and like Tonkor, Paris Prime, Zarr, & Panthera for primary. AKMagnus and Twin Grakatas for secondary. Boltace, Orthos Prime, Fang Prime, Lesion, and Kogake Prime for melee.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

At MR10 definitely grab an Arca Plasmor.

Mayor Defacto
Apr 21, 2010

Can I get added to a ps4 clan if there are any spots left open? (PSN: NiceBadger)
A mission on fortuna which some kind of terminal defence was a pain to survive so I've moved on to Mercury. Im guessing this is new content for endgame players?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

smallmouth posted:

At MR10 definitely grab an Arca Plasmor.

All of the Arca weapons are pretty decent, even if the Plasmor is the main attraction by a long way.

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Vegastar posted:

Are you suggesting to skip a 111 in favor of 223, or just get a 111 and work towards the other?

Separate topic, can anyone on PS4 help me get the Fluctus Limb? I’m doing the left-side factions and don’t have Res Veil access.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

mentalcontempt posted:

Are you suggesting to skip a 111 in favor of 223, or just get a 111 and work towards the other?

Separate topic, can anyone on PS4 help me get the Fluctus Limb? I’m doing the left-side factions and don’t have Res Veil access.

Eh, either or. I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to grind to rank 3 of that syndicate before upgrading the POS that is the Mote.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Anora posted:

What are some weapons I should be looking to grab? I'm MR10 and am starting to notice that I'm not doing much damage to higher level enemies, only Tonkor is really blasting people, and not so much Vs level 50+ guys. Do I just need more rare and Riven mods (I have 2, and both at MR12+)?

So far I have and like Tonkor, Paris Prime, Zarr, & Panthera for primary. AKMagnus and Twin Grakatas for secondary. Boltace, Orthos Prime, Fang Prime, Lesion, and Kogake Prime for melee.

Amprex.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

mentalcontempt posted:

Build a 111, then a 223, then a 311 (mastery) and then x11s of the other types to see what primary fire you like best. Once you’ve decided, build an x27, 7 being the Certus brace from Fortuna.

Also, to the guy that was sad he lost the Madurai beam, the Madurai beam isn’t actually good, it just looks cool. Being able to go in and out of spoiler mode at will is waaaaay better, level Zenurik.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Darth Walrus posted:

All of the Arca weapons are pretty decent, even if the Plasmor is the main attraction by a long way.

My friends started it, and wanted to make their own clan, so we're grinding out those as we speak, currently 2 days into the Prova. :negative:

If anyone wants to help a high level noob, Feel free to add theanoraone on PSN.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

I've seen a bunch of build videos that use Hunters Munitions. Problem is that it's tied to an event that I have no clue when will start :smith:. Wish they had like an event calendar like WoW.

PC players brought it over and they're often available on switch.warframe.market which is where I snagged one.

I'm going to put it on an 80% crit Amprex for the next time we do that Kuva survival, along with viral.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
You can get Hunter Munitions from the Ghoul event, which happens roughly every 4-6 weeks.

Also Hunter Munitions isn’t actually very good against enemies lower than level 60-80, and only very good against armored enemies. Lower level enemies or enemies without armor will just die before you can kill them with HM. If you have it, Bladed Rounds is better for lower level enemies.

Don’t use Hammer Shot, it sucks. Use corrosive + bladed rounds for lower level armored enemies and viral + HM for higher level. Toxin is good against shielded enemies because it ignores the shields, if you can work it in you can use magnetic/toxin for stuff like augmented shields sorties.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

You can get Hunter Munitions from the Ghoul event, which happens roughly every 4-6 weeks.

Also Hunter Munitions isn’t actually very good against enemies lower than level 60-80, and only very good against armored enemies. Lower level enemies or enemies without armor will just die before you can kill them with HM. If you have it, Bladed Rounds is better for lower level enemies.

Don’t use Hammer Shot, it sucks. Use corrosive + bladed rounds for lower level armored enemies and viral + HM for higher level. Toxin is good against shielded enemies because it ignores the shields, if you can work it in you can use magnetic/toxin for stuff like augmented shields sorties.

The Ghoul event has not happened on Switch since it launched in November, and DE is weirdly silent when folks have posted on the official forums about it.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Vegastar posted:

The Ghoul event has not happened on Switch since it launched in November, and DE is weirdly silent when folks have posted on the official forums about it.

Huh. Weird. Well, everyone complains about it on the other platforms, maybe they decided to hold off for the Switch.

That sucks but it’s honestly not the end of the world. The situations in which you need HM for your primary to be good are a tiny fraction of the typically played content in the game.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Lightning Knight posted:

Yeah, this is for that 60 min Kuva Survival where they're up to level 130 by the end. With 4x CorPro they're just (very big) HP bags and Viral/Slash should be a good combo. Even Amprex's innate electricity will be good AOE CC/damage when it procs.

I haven't used the Magnetic/Toxin combo, but it would've been useful for sure in an augmented shield sortie the other day. I'm really only just starting to play the content where this stuff matters, there wasn't much used in proccing status when everything was dying in one or two shots.

The game could use better loadout selection from the starmap screen. It'd have been nice to be able to pick Warframe config and weapon config dynamically from there instead of dedicating a loadout slot to each possible way in which you may use Amprex for eg.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

So does that pink tumor on my neck do anything?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Raspberry Bang posted:

So does that pink tumor on my neck do anything?

You can use it to make an awesome dog.

Otherwise no. You can go to the spooky door in your ship to get it removed by sitting in the chair that does not look very safe.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

You can use it to make an awesome dog.

Otherwise no. You can go to the spooky door in your ship to get it removed by sitting in the chair that does not look very safe.

Oh sweet! How would I go about getting that cool dog?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

10 Beers posted:

Counterpoint, come join your pals Flex and Skater on XBox!

Nah. We got lots of people on switch and they all chill and fun to play with.