Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Gaardean posted:

My spell comparison spreadsheet is mostly updated now, just waiting on level 21+ gem info. File -> make a copy if you want to be able to sort or toggle supports.

New skills look ok, numerically, but nothing special, though most of them have unusual scaling that'll make them interesting (Soulrend has cast speed/duration/slower projectiles, Storm Burst has duration scaling, etc). The support gems are all really nice, a lot of skills have actual choices to be made now that didn't before. Overall the rebalancing looks really good, no more extreme over/underpowered spells.

You've got a divide by 0 error on vortex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

McFrugal posted:

Which if you think about it, is kinda ironic

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

MMF Freeway posted:

Probably not. Occultist specifically has a real easy time getting a decent amount of es even with trash gear, and that es goes alot further with their regen bonuses

Yeah. I'm speccing out an Occultist tree in PoB and I've got 1800ES with no items added whatsoever.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dance Officer posted:

is non-CI occultist even worth it? I mean, ES gear is looking like it'll be way more expensive this league.

You could also do low-life, but yeah occultist is pretty explicitly designed around ES usage. Like you get 32% increased ES from it no matter what notables you pick.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Is about 170% life okay for a MoM build?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Every time I see the abbreviation HoAg I think of the kid from Deus Ex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxN-mbwLVkE&t=8s

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

It's not like nobody does life-based Occultist, but it's very much a minority. (my filtering is pretty approximate but 155 excluding wicked ward, CI, pain attunement and blood magic vs 3155 total)

ThermosAquaticus
Nov 9, 2013

Tai posted:

Hows this for a level 95 bane/soul rend?

Trickster, CI (respec when my gear is better and have Shav)

https://pastebin.com/SNWfG5i2

It's just the passive tree but could use some advice.

Not sure if I should be Occultist instead of Trickster tbh

If you're going heavy into bane you probably want to go Occultist for easy access to three curses, and ignoring hexproof. I think ES leech is only going to work with the hit of Soulrend, not the DoT so it probably won't do that much. Spiritual aid only grants you minion damage; you aren't benefiting from the minion attack/cast speed nodes. There are better ES nodes than generic 6% ones in the scion wheel. I'm no amazing tree-builder myself, so I can't offer much more constructive advice, hope this helps.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
I cooked up a starter build for HoAg Champion

https://pastebin.com/f6y6DTv5

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

myDad posted:

That's about right since you'll probably grab some more via jewels

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

If you're doing uber elder a bunch stay CI but life occulist is fun if you can afford Headhunter+Solstice Vigil combo, can juice up temp chains with lots of supports too and just walk run though stuff in delve unharmed, it's a good time.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I think Solstice Vigil is gonna be a bit more expensive than usual this league

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

nogic posted:

Let me know how that turns out, I'm considering the same as a starter.

Don't worry, as soon as they add gems to PoB I'll post it for people to laugh at. Having a tough time picking weapons but I think I'm narrowing it down.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

myDad posted:

Thats about as much as you can get on your typical witch life base that doesn't go into the scion health nodes

Gaardean
May 28, 2012

McFrugal posted:

DPS of a skill with a 0 cast time. It's why the Cooldown DPS column exists.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Thats about as much as you can get on your typical witch life base that doesn't go into the scion health nodes

i just threw together a trickster and only got 99%, i feel like i'm doing it wrong

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Could I get a guild invite for DevorTrapTrayal

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
What are the pros and cons between going Occultist vs. Trickster for a Soulrend/Bane starter? People on the official forums seem mixed but right now the only occultist build up there looks like some streamer trying to get people to click on his poo poo and not a real build.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

i just threw together a trickster and only got 99%, i feel like i'm doing it wrong

Dont be afraid of picking hybrid nodes, it shouldn't be difficult to get around the same amount of health as witch in the typical elemental damage build. But if you are going curses and such then yeah its not as efficient going after the templar nodes, but you can go down to scion and grab that tasty health cluster down there

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 7, 2019

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Aerox posted:

What are the pros and cons between going Occultist vs. Trickster for a Soulrend/Bane starter? People on the official forums seem mixed but right now the only occultist build up there looks like some streamer trying to get people to click on his poo poo and not a real build.

Better defense vs speed. Trickster is a joy to level with but probably won't get as tanky as an occultist and they also lose out on the easy +1 curse for bane

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Dont be afraid of picking hybrid nodes, it shouldn't be difficult to get around the same amount of health as witch in the typical elemental damage build. But if you are going curses and such then yeah its not as efficient going after the templar nodes, but you can go down to scion and grab that tasty health cluster down there

i have been, but maybe i should spec out of a few random damage nodes and commit more fully to The Life Wheel

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Stop, slayer is already dead.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Zenithe posted:

Stop, slayer is already dead.

Context:

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1103760637992230913

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I mean at this point they have to have something big in mind for slayer in 3.7

remember
Nov 23, 2006
Wait so those gloves give Scion Slayer?

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

MMF Freeway posted:

I mean at this point they have to have something big in mind for slayer in 3.7

Anything short of "you have headhunter" at this point would be insufficient

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music
I’m trying to decide whether I want to do herald of agony occultist or jump on the soulrend/bane train. HoAg is proven and I’ve never done it before plus celestial mtx on HoAg is crazy good so I may start with that and then respec to chaos dot if it’s worth the hype. Thoughts?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Hmmm, I was going to just redo HoAg max block Gladiator like last league because it was immortal as all hell, but I'm wondering whether I might be able to fit Soulrend in there instead of Molten Strike.

Poison support does say Skills instead of Attacks, so I'd still be poisoning, and I would be able to use Cybil's Paw, my favourite item in the game, so it's honestly tempting.

remember
Nov 23, 2006
Looking at Slayer, is there anything you even keep in the current ascendancy? I guess you would still keep the leech nodes. Onslaught I guess and maybe phys reflect immune but you kind of need to package it with something else.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

theshim posted:

vasudus what should I play

do something with

uh

STORM CALL

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Now that Arc is dead what elemental spell should I selfcast?

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

DontMockMySmock posted:

I'm going incinerate elementalist

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

DontMockMySmock posted:

Arc, it's not dead.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

remember posted:

Looking at Slayer, is there anything you even keep in the current ascendancy? I guess you would still keep the leech nodes. Onslaught I guess and maybe phys reflect immune but you kind of need to package it with something else.

I'm pretty sure you'd still keep uber-Culling Strike

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
I can make my own filterblade setup now yeah? Or does it get an update shortly after league launch? Says Feb 26 on the site so not sure if I'm wasting my time creating filters now

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

aejix posted:

I can make my own filterblade setup now yeah? Or does it get an update shortly after league launch? Says Feb 26 on the site so not sure if I'm wasting my time creating filters now

Neversink said the update will be done 4-8 hours prior to league start

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

AegisP posted:

Hmmm, I was going to just redo HoAg max block Gladiator like last league because it was immortal as all hell, but I'm wondering whether I might be able to fit Soulrend in there instead of Molten Strike.

Poison support does say Skills instead of Attacks, so I'd still be poisoning, and I would be able to use Cybil's Paw, my favourite item in the game, so it's honestly tempting.

Isn't the point of molten strike with HoAg how fast it can stack poison and thus virulence stacks? Soulrend is pretty slow.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
drat, thanks. Might as well do most of it now and then do final tweaks when the update gets pushed out as I won't get to play until late Sunday arvo

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

RPZip posted:

Isn't the point of molten strike with HoAg how fast it can stack poison and thus virulence stacks? Soulrend is pretty slow.

I kind of thought that maybe with it piercing and being ranged and passing through packs that it would stack still relatively fast, but I suppose that might not be the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

whypick1 posted:

I'm pretty sure you'd still keep uber-Culling Strike

keep that and the emphasis on 2h weapons and basically rebuild the entire ascendency around that, I guess