Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Diogines posted:

You check your well.

Your strength has not decreased by any amount you can detect.

Nice. This is good news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Task Manager posted:

I'm not saying scold him, he already knows he did wrong. I'm fine with a more lenient version - something like what Zodiac posted is fine too - but this wave of votes telling him, "No way, that's awesome, do it again!" isn't the right message to send here. We need to at the least agree he shouldn't do that without asking, even if it was awesome.

I'd feel more comfortable with telling Uriah to follow orders if he hadn't already saved our life by disobeying our orders, back in the Jesbaam fight.

I understand why using Buff would make Tudiya and Ishamal anxious given the possibility it has for infringing on free will. But I also believe we are in strong alignment with Uriah and I trust his judgement in making snap decisions under pressure.

I do not think there is any risk of breaking our foot with hardening. We should take the sandals off before kicking more unless we can harden them too. Diogines does hardening protect our sandals?

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Just to clarify my vote, my 'cool your jets' comment is not meant to be the exact statement, it's meant more as 'whoa man, we're cool and all but at least ask first' tone of response.

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!
Ask him good-naturedly not to do that in future, but also make clear you're not angry with him.

And I guess our next step is to seek some El-guidance.

Do we have anything appropriate for a sacrifice that isn't the Gopher?

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

malbogio posted:

I'd feel more comfortable with telling Uriah to follow orders if he hadn't already saved our life by disobeying our orders, back in the Jesbaam fight.

While I do think it's a bit unfair to compare "Let's dishonorably kill the heretic who just slit our leader's throat," and "I'm going to physically alter you without asking," I'll admit Uriah sometimes going rogue is a good thing. This, IMO, isn't one of those times, which we should be clear about.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!
WRITE IN: Pretend to have been left addled by Uriah's action, and do our best Snarls impression.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Give Uriah a High-five. "That was awesome. You know I trust you completely. Welcome to my world "

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Mar 8, 2019

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Quietly say "it's alright old friend, I've done the same in the past; in the future, we'll seek consent before we muck about with each other's will. Now let's go show this heathen tower the power of El."

By all the stuff we have learned so far, this isn't ok. He took over our mind and forced us to do something without consent. I mean, I personally couldn't give a poo poo and trust Uriah's judgement, but in character this definitely isn't something we should pass over.

don't contact ishy, we are a big boy and can handle this.

Mexican Deathgasm fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 8, 2019

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

malbogio posted:

I understand why using Buff would make Tudiya and Ishamal anxious given the possibility it has for infringing on free will. But I also believe we are in strong alignment with Uriah and I trust his judgement in making snap decisions under pressure.

same.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I'm pretty sure the deal is that Uriah just violated our free will. HOWEVER, he did it using his El Powers, which maybe used El's stash of Nephesh instead of ours? We might have stumbled onto a Cheat Code here.

"Holy poo poo. Let's try something else before we do that again."

Clear a sacrifice spot, sac the pottery shards to El. Ask if we're ok to do what this place is asking us to do re: gopher corpse shenanigans.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

John_A_Tallon posted:

WRITE IN: Pretend to have been left addled by Uriah's action, and do our best Snarls impression.

this

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

We should reassure Uriah we know it was an accident and he didn't mean to override our free will and go sacrifice that "gopher" to El.

Check the sandals if they are damaged in any way.

Collect the shards and put it inside the inventory.

Polgas fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Mar 8, 2019

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

John_A_Tallon posted:

Oh my El this, so much this. Also +1 Ark

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 8, 2019

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Arkanomen posted:

Give Uriah a High-five. "That was awesome. You know I trust you completely. Welcome to my world "

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

Quietly say "it's alright old friend, I've done the same in the past; in the future, we'll seek consent before we muck about with each other's will. Now let's go show this heathen tower the power of El."

ehh, not sure about this, ignore the thing i posted before editing thirty seconds later

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

With no well change then "normal" full strength Enkidel kicks are strong enough to blow people aside from the force. I think this is also how strong Tudiya is usually too.

Do we have any idea as to why strength hasn't gone up in a while? Actually being able to damage barkstone at this state! Imagine if it really was the force of 800 men, Gebek level threats might even be hurt by this. Just have Uriah defend Enkidel cause he sucks at agility, defense and toughness.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Say "Do it again and it'll look like someone just walked up the wall like this" and walk up the wall

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

TK-42-1 posted:

Theres a big ol shoeprint with cracks in the barkstone. If we keep it up im sure we could break it down. Im just concerned with the ??? cost

El, I just suck at reading updates today. Sorry Diog.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

We won't be having another update tonight, sorry folks, but probably tomorrow.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Azuth0667 posted:

EAT THE HOG

HUNGER

I'm eating the words right out of your mouth!

EAT THE HOG

HUNGER

DON'T loving CALL ISHOLE YOU ISHOLES

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I don't like the idea of bringing up free will to Uriah. That's part of private ish style training.

Heliopause
Aug 18, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crazycryodude posted:

No you're good, that was really interesting. Do you think you could do it again? What was it?

This. Uriah is good and cool and we want to know more about his cool powers, not less. If he can mind control people little, that's a good thing to know. He would never hurt us with this, unless we're going full slaan all of a sudden, in which case it would be even more important to know what he can do.

And guys, we're on an adventure! Call Ish and have him not tell us anything later. He would obviously not be for any of this because the High Priest told us not to go in here.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

"Eh I do dumbass poo poo all the time. It's looking like we might be locked into this thing tho."
Scoop up all the shards so we can mess with them later on.

+1

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
As tempting as it is to go 'Ree! Ree! Violation of free will!'...Eh, we've done far worse.

[/b]Leverage guilt to know what mighty abilities Uriah has[/b]

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Kinda impressed that it apparently got past the fruit drink.

+1 to no worries, I make you do dumb poo poo too

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Holy crap. That was awesome.

+1 not mad, dude. Let's try to bust through.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

Uriah using a power word earlier brings up something I've been thinking. Are mighty men power words for a lack of a better word contractual magic?

From the 2nd Battle of Acco such as Tudiya tapping into Enkidel's well and Uriah trying to tap into it a few times most likely wherever mighty men normally get it from it has a similar set up to Enkidel's which means they can probably also refuse. Just right now someone in charge of giving Uriah the ??? to use his power word would clearly see that it is neither warranted nor a good idea but did it anyway.

This also brings to mind Tudiya talking about contracts for divine aid post Acco. So maybe Labaras and by extension the blooded do have some right to demand an annual allotment of ???. It has to have a limit because during his fight with Gebek, Tudiya most certainly was demanding more than he can draw.

Oh yeah the anti magic field is also the biggest evidence of mighty men getting outside help since when it was up they could not even harden. When we saw the Battle of Tadmor loads of blooded men were slaughtering each other using their powers. Given how bad donut wars are not granting blooded men their powers would have a positive impact in lowering donut violence which again brings up the idea of some sort of obligation to allot ??? to blooded men when they demand it.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

power words are a manifestation of will into reality and thus need ??? to power them.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Yeah but El taught Labaras' who taught his son's etc. how to do so in the most efficient manner. Which makes sense, as it would be the ONLY way El would allow access to his Nephstash given how ultra-valuable that stuff is.

Tudiya drained how much from us? 30, 60 all told?

If things go completely to poo poo we should outta nowhere ask 3Dad: "Remember during the Battle of Acco when you were battling Gebek and your powers stopped working, then they started up again but it felt a little bit different?"

Alternatively Gebek could have slapped down another 'NO MORE NEPHESH FROM EL' field and that was the whole deal, rather than an El-imposed limit what was always part of the deal. Seems like an easy way to make the whole thing worthless if Demons can Tag-team UrDudes into impotence.

Blasphemaster fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Mar 8, 2019

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Polgas posted:

Uriah using a power word earlier brings up something I've been thinking. Are mighty men power words for a lack of a better word contractual magic?

From the 2nd Battle of Acco such as Tudiya tapping into Enkidel's well and Uriah trying to tap into it a few times most likely wherever mighty men normally get it from it has a similar set up to Enkidel's which means they can probably also refuse. Just right now someone in charge of giving Uriah the ??? to use his power word would clearly see that it is neither warranted nor a good idea but did it anyway.

This also brings to mind Tudiya talking about contracts for divine aid post Acco. So maybe Labaras and by extension the blooded do have some right to demand an annual allotment of ???. It has to have a limit because during his fight with Gebek, Tudiya most certainly was demanding more than he can draw.

Oh yeah the anti magic field is also the biggest evidence of mighty men getting outside help since when it was up they could not even harden. When we saw the Battle of Tadmor loads of blooded men were slaughtering each other using their powers. Given how bad donut wars are not granting blooded men their powers would have a positive impact in lowering donut violence which again brings up the idea of some sort of obligation to allot ??? to blooded men when they demand it.

I agree, the blooded use magic like priests with all the actual mana coming from Team El.

How can we be sure Uriah was lent ??? to power word improperly? Maybe whatever melachim is currently watching us actually thinks kicking the door down is our best option and wanted to help? We might not have a better option for escaping.

IIRC the mighty men could still harden their hands during the battle of Acco. Otherwise their hands would have exploded during combat. I assume the reason they can only harden a very small area is because they only have enough blue stuff to spread over a few square feet. The antimagic field was keeping them from pushing it out of their body to cover their weapons. I think of it a bit like ectoplasm. They don't have enough blue stuff to expend it permanently in the ways we do. Although I suspect they can do so in death at the cost of their "soul" and that's what we saw happening in Ibleam when the king died. If so it was pretty noble and I can understand why it got such a reaction out of the kings we shared the story with.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

edit: wtf, post went to wrong thread

Blasphemaster fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 8, 2019

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

So, Uriah hit us with Ball Trance of a sort.
I see why Ish forbade us using it, it's basically magic compulsion.
I mean, I had made that conclusion before, but, it's interesting to be on the receiving end.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

the_steve posted:

So, Uriah hit us with Ball Trance of a sort.
I see why Ish forbade us using it, it's basically magic compulsion.
I mean, I had made that conclusion before, but, it's interesting to be on the receiving end.

Yeah but it's hype as gently caress, like being on the receiving end of an instant heavy metal show, and I am all for magical overwhelming mandatory headbanging.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
If we are totally non-chalant, there's nothing to stop Uriah from believing that we would think it's no big deal to do the same to him.

We need to acknowledge the mistake in a kind manner.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

Wait I thought hardening wasn't possible at Acco. All their weapons broke in short order because they put their full strength into it without hardening so they started improvising by taking weapons from the enemy dead or using the enemy as weapons.

Their arms would be okay because they never used them as weapons and they were more durable than enkidel and weaker in strength.

Polgas fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Mar 8, 2019

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

If we are totally non-chalant, there's nothing to stop Uriah from believing that we would think it's no big deal to do the same to him.

We need to acknowledge the mistake in a kind manner.

+1

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

SniperWoreConverse posted:

"Eh I do dumbass poo poo all the time. It's looking like we might be locked into this thing tho."
Scoop up all the shards so we can mess with them later on.

This. He's already said he's super sorry for it, which is something coming from him. I don't think we need to rub it in, just dismiss it and move on, he's already clear it was a bad idea.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

malbogio posted:

IIRC the mighty men could still harden their hands during the battle of Acco.
You may want to re-examine the battle.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Wow. Tudiya threw a behemoth without hardening. I thought he was tough, but I still would have expected that to rip his arms off without hardening. That is some crazy durability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
whaat of course you just pick up the demon and throw this is basic blooded combat techniques