Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Woo go Crows, our percentage is good enough that we might even make it if we lose next week (but let's not do that anyway)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Chairchucker posted:

Erin Phillips is the greatest Aussie Rules player ever change my mind

Also Chelsea Randall runs like a gazelle and EJ is repeat effort taken human form

Chairchucker posted:

Woo go Crows, our percentage is good enough that we might even make it if we lose next week (but let's not do that anyway)

:hmmyes:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Good crowd here at princes park.

Everybody dressed for the rain which stopped just before the match and now its sunny and hot.

Halftime and everybody is migrating to the shade.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Yeah the girls!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

7725 was the official crowd at Unley today, but I didn't see anyone counting on the way in. Fair old roar every time Phillips got the ball too.

Where did you watch the game from cmndstab?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Dees are going to miss the AFLW finals for a third year in a row despite again having one of the strongest lists

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Prespakis 27 disposals.

Rising star for sure.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

NTRabbit posted:

7725 was the official crowd at Unley today, but I didn't see anyone counting on the way in. Fair old roar every time Phillips got the ball too.

Where did you watch the game from cmndstab?

I was in the grandstand on the wing, right near the GWS coaches box. Took my dad along, it was his first AFLW game :3: He wasn't sure about AFLW to start with in 2017 but he's become a big fan of Randall and Phillips. Obvious choices but the correct choices too.

Unley oval is a gorgeous ground, lovely view of the hills. There was a guy with a clicker when I came in so they were counting attendance.

GWS came to play, to their credit. Flooded back a bit and then pressured the midfield to make our entries poor, and mopped up for three quarters before the floodgates finally opened.

A Crows win next week will give them a home final and potentially a home GF. If they lose, they need to keep it under four goals to hold Melbourne out and sneak into second, barring a Freo-North draw.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

drunkill posted:

Prespakis 27 disposals.

Rising star for sure.

Yeah, hard to see anyone else getting it. She's a gun and tough as nails.

Stevie-Lee Thompson seems to have lead goalscorer sewn up (three goals clear of second place) and Erin Phillips would have to be the favourite for league MVP, right?

Do they do an AA team for AFLW?

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

cmndstab posted:

He wasn't sure about AFLW to start with in 2017 but he's become a big fan of Randall and Phillips. Obvious choices but the correct choices too.

Eb Marinoff and Stevie-Lee are p. great too. And Tex.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Apparently McCartin got concussed again

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

gay picnic defence posted:

Apparently McCartin got concussed again

Gonna break all the wrong Koschitzke records at this rate

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Disappointing for the bulldogs to get relegated the year after winning the title, but they'll bounce back up into conference A in no time I'm sure

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Freo forgot that there's a 2nd half to Football.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
lol, SCG is getting ruined by rugby. They're going to replace 3000sqm of turf after the one game to get ready for another rugby game on friday.

https://twitter.com/_JustinStevens_/status/1104329521749094400
https://twitter.com/johnwpryor/status/1104306306041679873

One rugby match and the place is already wrecked. In April alone there are 3 AFL games, 3 Rugby games and 2 soccer games. It will be hosed up and muddy for awhile I reckon.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-10/scg-pitch-disaster-super-rugby-waratahs-reds/10887164

Only 15k showed up too, surely they can hold rugby at the olympic venue or something while they demolish the rugby stadium nextdoor (and watch it never get rebuilt due to a change of government lol)

RIP Swans, they had a poo poo home record at the SCG last season, now it is getting torn apart.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Mar 10, 2019

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The multisport chat show on foxsports had a text/tweet section and someone claimed it's because the SCG is now grass over sand, whereas back when they used to play rugby there it was grass over clay. Shouldn't be there anyway, complete shambles as the government continues to demolish SFS during the injunction.

In other news, it sounds like Adelaide are going to follow the Fremantle route for a new base - apparently the new housing development where the football park area used to be sold gangbusters, and the developers are thirsty for the land the remaining ground and our free-lease for 30 years HQ are on. Nobody saying a word until contracts are signed, but apparently we're getting a big fee to leave early, and we'll turn around and flip that, grant money, and bank loans into demolishing the Adelaide Aquatic Centre, which is on the northern tip of the Parklands, and build a new community-share centre of excellence in place, with enough room for an MCG sized practise ground plus an AO sized one. The aquatic centre is old, dilapidated, has diminishing visitors due to parts being closed for rust/cracked concrete, has been replaced as a competition facility by the new centre at Oaklands, and is costing the city council $700k a year just to keep open, so even Anne Moran is happy to make this happen.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Mar 10, 2019

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

drunkill posted:

lol, SCG is getting ruined by rugby. They're going to replace 3000sqm of turf after the one game to get ready for another rugby game on friday.

https://twitter.com/_JustinStevens_/status/1104329521749094400
https://twitter.com/johnwpryor/status/1104306306041679873

One rugby match and the place is already wrecked. In April alone there are 3 AFL games, 3 Rugby games and 2 soccer games. It will be hosed up and muddy for awhile I reckon.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-10/scg-pitch-disaster-super-rugby-waratahs-reds/10887164

Only 15k showed up too, surely they can hold rugby at the olympic venue or something while they demolish the rugby stadium nextdoor (and watch it never get rebuilt due to a change of government lol)

RIP Swans, they had a poo poo home record at the SCG last season, now it is getting torn apart.

Apparently the crowds are even smaller at the old olympic stadium because no one can be hosed driving all the way out there just to watch NRL.

I also lolled when I saw someone asking if an NRL player roots a lady and his team mates aren't watching did he actually get laid.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Diet Crack posted:

Freo forgot that there's a 2nd half to Football.

So nothing new then :majorminor:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
The new 50m rule that is resulting in 100m penalties is hilarious and extremely AFL. Can’t wait for it to ruin a game early in the year and get canned.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Hoping for the rare 150m penalty myself

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

drunkill posted:

Hoping for the rare 150m penalty myself

https://youtu.be/0pqHeacybVE
:discourse:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

At that game the Sydney supporters sitting in front of me defended Barry’s brain snap by telling me all about how Buddy Franklin was a no good junkie. I wonder if they are fans of his now? Hm.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
May shouldn't have been offered a week for that bump

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

realbez posted:

At that game the Sydney supporters sitting in front of me defended Barry’s brain snap by telling me all about how Buddy Franklin was a no good junkie. I wonder if they are fans of his now? Hm.

'Course they are. He's kicking screwies on the SCG.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

'Course they are. He's kicking screwies on the SCG.

Requisite:

https://youtu.be/KFNjkjOdJ68

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
NSW is just a poo poo hole really

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

NSW is just a poo poo hole really

New South Boomerstan

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Four days left until the draft, which means I need to finalise the league in 3 days or so, any more takers? Any objections to the slight line up change?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Has anyone had trouble accessing WatchAFL this season? I use GetFlix and it won’t load properly lately.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I decided to abandon it and just use Kayo because it was getting too difficult to get working consistently

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

realbez posted:

I decided to abandon it and just use Kayo because it was getting too difficult to get working consistently

Is Kayo letting you watch everything on demand later too(inc the shows so I can swear at that drunken gently caress 4 nights a week)?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Is Kayo letting you watch everything on demand later too(inc the shows so I can swear at that drunken gently caress 4 nights a week)?

Yeah it’s got all the same shows. I don’t know how long replays are available but they are there

Apolis
Mar 4, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

You can watch episodes of the A-League shows from the start of the season (nearly 6 months ago) so I'd say they'll be there for quite a while.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
It's infuriating me that even days after the match, AFL Live won't let you Chromecast to a big screen. I get it, you can't do it live because Foxtel etc, but even the match replays?

Also, why the gently caress does the replay take 24 hours to appear? That's loving ridiculous. Sometimes I'm busy when my team is playing, and then I'm free that evening, it sure would be nice to watch the replay! Except it wouldn't because I'd have to hunch over my TINY PHONE SCREEN FOR THREE HOURS god it makes me so loving ANGRY

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

cmndstab posted:

It's infuriating me that even days after the match, AFL Live won't let you Chromecast to a big screen. I get it, you can't do it live because Foxtel etc, but even the match replays?

Also, why the gently caress does the replay take 24 hours to appear? That's loving ridiculous. Sometimes I'm busy when my team is playing, and then I'm free that evening, it sure would be nice to watch the replay! Except it wouldn't because I'd have to hunch over my TINY PHONE SCREEN FOR THREE HOURS god it makes me so loving ANGRY

Because foxtel want to irritate you into getting a foxtel sub

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

cmndstab posted:

you cAn Chromecast with screen mirroring on Android if your quick settings panel has the cast option. you have to start it while the video is running but it works

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

https://twitter.com/7NewsAdelaide/status/1105378185313542144

tldr if the Crows beat Melbourne this weekend, the AFL is thinking about playing their AFLW prelim after the AFL Crows season opener at Adelaide Oval

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Imagine if instead we had a finals series with North, Freo, Melbourne and Adelaide

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-11/afl-lacks-vision-for-the-aflw/10888840

quote:

It's 7:10pm on International Women's Day, and footy takes centre stage at Canberra's UNSW Oval. The Friday night clash between the Giants and Adelaide is broadcast around the nation on three major radio stations, while also screening on Fox Footy.

But this is not an AFL Women's fixture — it's a JLT men's practice match. That's right, on a day purpose-built for furthering gender equality, and in the middle of the AFLW season, the stage is instead set to showcase men.

Good article that highlights the AFLs stupidity re AFLW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

NTRabbit posted:

tldr if the Crows beat Melbourne this weekend, the AFL is thinking about playing their AFLW prelim after the AFL Crows season opener at Adelaide Oval

That would be both cool and good IMO. And then play the GF there as well.