Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

in a crazy twist, NSM will forget he's cancelled and remain published through sheer force of idiocy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaccid French Fry
Nov 27, 2018

Hey sir I really like your idea sir and I really think we should implement it sir why don't you talk to my CSM sir and see what he says sir and hopefully we can get sir this ball rolling sir thanks sir. HOOAH am I right sir.
https://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/2019/03/09/spider-man-newspaper-strip-future-uncertain/

quote:

Hi Brad! Now that KFS has posted their statement yes, the Spider-Man strip as we know it has come to an end. And as much as Roy Thomas and I were hoping that the strip would go on to continue Stan Lee’s legacy just as King Features did with The Phantom after Lee Falk died 20 years ago, that’s not the case here. March 23 will be the last Daily and March 17 will be the last Sunday as we close out the current storyline. It’s news to me that in the statement it mentioned a new strip starting up possibly months down the road after they reprint some classic Lee-Romita stories from 40 years ago or 30 years ago whichever they choose! A strip further exploring the Marvel universe as they say which doesn’t mean it would or wouldn’t be Spider-Man and if they were going to feature new creators or if they would call on Roy and me again to create stories in any universe they desire us to go. Time will tell but in the meantime it was glorious fun while it lasted and I learned a huge lesson about not counting any chickens before they hatch. It was difficult inking and sending in my last week of Dailies a few weekends ago ( the Sundays were always done 3 months ahead of time so I hadn’t drawn one of those in months ). It was like saying goodbye to my old friend all over again.

Good night sweet prince.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wait there are still 13 strips left for this story arc? How?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

the worst timeline strikes again

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

All's not so gloomy.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm the corpse wrapped up in the sheet.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Next: WHAT NEXT?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Ah, one last punch in the head from a team-up partner.

You know, it really is a drat shame we didn't somehow get a Captain Marvel tie-in.

Flaccid French Fry
Nov 27, 2018

Hey sir I really like your idea sir and I really think we should implement it sir why don't you talk to my CSM sir and see what he says sir and hopefully we can get sir this ball rolling sir thanks sir. HOOAH am I right sir.
The real pipe to the throat was the friends we made along the way.

I made this account solely for this thread, I guess I'm going to have to interact with the rest of the forum now :/

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Everything I love gets taken away from me. :(

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Maybe this thread can zombie on by reposting old arcs :shrug:

mr stark i dont want to go

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Next: WHAT NEXT?

If I remember my math correctly, there's a "Next" on both sides so you can divide by Next which means the solution is

WHAT?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

davidspackage posted:

Maybe this thread can zombie on by reposting old arcs :shrug:

mr stark i dont want to go

Somehow it's not the same if we can just skip ahead to see what crazy-rear end thing happens next, you know? Having no idea what would happen, except that it would be dumber than we could possibly imagine (the fountain of youth had a bathtub drain).

Clearly we need to organize a letter-writing campaign to Save Our Spidey.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

NEXT: THANOS.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
There is some gloriously stupid stuff in the OP's pre-comic strip/NSM thread archives(Magneto centrifuging out Spidey's powers! A werewolf dying from a planetarium projection!), but you could also just read it all yourself, so...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Somehow it's not the same if we can just skip ahead to see what crazy-rear end thing happens next, you know? Having no idea what would happen, except that it would be dumber than we could possibly imagine (the fountain of youth had a bathtub drain).

Clearly we need to organize a letter-writing campaign to Save Our Spidey.

Fortunately, after being bitten by a radioactive Change.org email I gained the proportionate power of an internet petition.

...oh no, it's not working!

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
I for one would be fine with someone reposting old comics daily. Maybe start in the 90s or early 00s. The newspaper comic thread does it a lot already.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I really wish I had discovered this thread earlier because it’s definitely one of the best I’ve ever read on SA. The past several months of trying to untangle this lunacy with the rest of you have been lovely!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'd also be down with old comics being posted daily once the new ones come to a premature, lamented end. I'd just have to exhibit some willpower about not looking ahead myself.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Irukandji Syndrome posted:

I for one would be fine with someone reposting old comics daily. Maybe start in the 90s or early 00s. The newspaper comic thread does it a lot already.

I sure hope this happens. How much of that is available, and where?

I found a few volumes of some from the 70s/80s, mostly in black and white, but is the entirety online, somewhere?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I'm sad this strip is coming to an end, every day I was looking forward to the thread :(

Ah well, nothing lasts forever I guess :sigh:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Chinook posted:

I found a few volumes of some from the 70s/80s, mostly in black and white, but is the entirety online, somewhere?
Nope. As far I'm aware there is nowhere to get the whole thing from start to finish either online or in print. You can get the first ten years or so in print and the last twenty years online, but that leaves a gap of about 12 years. They do seem to be gradually publishing more of them in print though, so presumably they do plan to eventually make them all available that way.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

If we are doing reruns, can we start with Big Time (about ten or twelve years ago)? That's when I started reading the comic (after seeing the Jay Pinkerton edits) and I couldn't believe the insanity of... well, everything. Pretty nostalgic, but I'd also say it's a legit good arc for anyone who never read it.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

This thread, and this dumb, dumb comic strip, has been something I looked forward to every day for the past year. So sad to see it ending :(

I'd love to see reposts, I'm sure there are all sorts of crazy storylines from back when Stan Lee actually was still writing it.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I made a dumb online petition.

http://chng.it/BN2NZr28Jk

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Johnny Walker posted:

I made a dumb online petition.

http://chng.it/BN2NZr28Jk

Appreciated. You should have mentioned "with the current team of Thomas, Saviuk et al" or something to that effect, though.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Chinook posted:

I sure hope this happens. How much of that is available, and where?

Not unless you're a crazy person who likes digging through google newspaper archives of varying quality and with random missing days.

As a crazy person digging through google newspaper archives, I'd be willing to post 70s Spiderman here as well as in the general newspaper comic thread. It's right near the very beginning of NSM, so we'd have a couple decades worth of material. Current storyline: :doom:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I guess the strip only stuck around because Stan Lee liked it.

It's nice to see how little has changed. In panels 1 and 2 his spider sense is warning him but by panel 3 he's forgotten.

Qwertycoatl fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 10, 2019

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

That really titillates my masses.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The last strip won't have a NEXT:

:(

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Samuringa posted:

It might if it's advertising whatever the replacement strip is.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Samuringa posted:

NEXT:GOTO10

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lobok posted:

It might if it's advertising whatever the replacement strip is.

That won't run for months, if it runs at all.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

NEXT: [error: cannot find file 'markov03242019.out']

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
sabretooth is always next, in our hearts.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Samuringa posted:

THE END: ?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

sabretooth died on the way to his home planet

Dr.Magnificent
Dec 24, 2007

Comes with hands on care.
Fun Shoe
The last strip is gonna be spiderman being dusted. One last tie-in before they go.

Next: Nothing.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
But this is NSM. He'll just go into hibernation.

Next: A very long nap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ok but what if the last one is Next: Wave and we get Newspaper Nextwave?