Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Not trying to be Queen Callout or anything but we're seven hours from deadline, and Pig is the only person I can see besides myself who has made, like, alignment calls or cases or reads.

If you're town and reading this, please step up and :justpost:! I sympathize with it being a weekend and people being busy with real lives, but this is a team game and it's kind of a bummer when people aren't engaging with each other.

Right now, my order goes

Probably town: CPig
Lean town: Chic, Teland
Null: Azure
Lean scum: Hal
Probably scum: Asiina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Apologies if I end up posting this twice, I swear I just hit "submit post" and nothing showed up

Hal Incandenza posted:

What’s the case on anyone? I mean other than the one you just made on chic which is basically a case on the only person who made an actual game related post

---

Mostly how pig demanded content then jumped on the first content that showed up. It rubbed me the wrong way, like a scum would rub me

Hal's original case on Pig is based off his first post of the game, which doesn't seem scummy to me at all.

quote:

Are you asking me this? I was saying usually when someone is very close to a lynch and it shifts to a town person at the end of the day I’m usually suspicious of the person it moved from.

Other than Pig's case on Chic, what's your opinion of his alignment? And of mine?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Hal's original case on Pig is based off his first post of the game, which doesn't seem scummy to me at all.

I don't think I worded that clearly :eng99:

- I don't think Pig's case on Chic was scummy at all
- I do think that the people who are trying to imply that it was are acting scummy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

I don't think I worded that clearly :eng99:

- I don't think Pig's case on Chic was scummy at all
- I do think that the people who are trying to imply that it was are acting scummy

Ha well that's pretty much the exact opposite of the way I felt about is so I guess we will have to agree to disagree

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ha well that's pretty much the exact opposite of the way I felt about is so I guess we will have to agree to disagree

I mean I have said multiple times that I was purposely acting scummy to get things moving in the game. Care to actually respond to that?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

I mean I have said multiple times that I was purposely acting scummy to get things moving in the game. Care to actually respond to that?

What could I possibly say to such a thing? Anyone who is scum getting called on being scummy can say "I was doing it on purpose" and no one can prove that one way or another.

At least you are playing, at this point I'd rather kill someone like Asiina since the points against her are fine and she is almost certain to end up freely killable and if she is town that can be almost certainly be exploited by scum as soon as tomorrow in this small of a game.

##vote Asiina

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Eh I guess just disagree with your strategy cpig but reading back over it I think you probably were trying to help.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hal Incandenza posted:

What could I possibly say to such a thing? Anyone who is scum getting called on being scummy can say "I was doing it on purpose"

Yeah but I said that from the beginning.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm having a hard time reading asiina so I don't know how I feel about this push, but I would like to see her post more before deadline.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Hal Incandenza posted:

At least you are playing, at this point I'd rather kill someone like Asiina since the points against her are fine and she is almost certain to end up freely killable and if she is town that can be almost certainly be exploited by scum as soon as tomorrow in this small of a game.
I was reluctant to vote Asiina mainly because I thought the lurking rules would take care of it and it would be a wasted vote. So I'm curious what you mean about scum exploiting the situation. What's the difference if she's voted out today or tomorrow? I don't want to do scum any favors.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Teland posted:

I was reluctant to vote Asiina mainly because I thought the lurking rules would take care of it and it would be a wasted vote. So I'm curious what you mean about scum exploiting the situation. What's the difference if she's voted out today or tomorrow? I don't want to do scum any favors.

Generally if someone becomes freely killable they can be voted out and the day keeps going and you can vote another person and they all flip at the end of the day. Still needs some town to vote but it only take one or two and then if it all goes wrong we can kill multiple town on one day. Scum can’t do it without town helping but if Asiina doesn’t start playing more we aren’t going to want her around later regardless.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Personally, I'm easing up on Hal because they're here and interacting, and it seems candid. MMT is here pushing us to do something, and she doesn't seem set on us following her vote as long as we're trying to solve this. That seems genuine to me.

I was really hoping to have more to go off of by now. I think Asiina is the only solid option we have on the table. I've said before that I have vague suspicions of Azure, but they really are vague and I don't think we have a consensus there at all. If we're going to vote someone out on a guess, I'd rather it be someone who isn't really helping, so pending further interaction I'm leaning toward an Asiina vote.

I'd like to hear from Chic too.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Hal Incandenza posted:

Generally if someone becomes freely killable they can be voted out and the day keeps going and you can vote another person and they all flip at the end of the day. Still needs some town to vote but it only take one or two and then if it all goes wrong we can kill multiple town on one day. Scum can’t do it without town helping but if Asiina doesn’t start playing more we aren’t going to want her around later regardless.
Oh ok, so we could end up voting each other out more rapidly without realizing our mistake until the end of the day - I think that makes sense.

##vote Asiina

But I will be watching for more interaction. I really wish we had something more solid, and there are a couple of people I would like to hear from. I can't believe how quiet it's been, but I'm not blameless there either.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

Murmur Twin posted:

Not trying to be Queen Callout or anything but we're seven hours from deadline, and Pig is the only person I can see besides myself who has made, like, alignment calls or cases or reads.

If you're town and reading this, please step up and :justpost:! I sympathize with it being a weekend and people being busy with real lives, but this is a team game and it's kind of a bummer when people aren't engaging with each other.

Right now, my order goes

Probably town: CPig
Lean town: Chic, Teland
Null: Azure
Lean scum: Hal
Probably scum: Asiina

Yeah but when I played scum a lot of the people were really active and made lots of cases! I even thought they were persuasive, but they were wrong.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

CapitalistPig posted:

This seems like really simple cover for just, being scum?

I don't know if I'm being really stupid here, but if you can just say "I was being scummy on purpose" to get out of things then what's the point in this game?

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
Also it seems like a real waste to go after Asiina today because she hasn't posted at all.

I still think Cpig is better. It would tell us a lot about yesterday and today.

##vote Cpig

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Ugh, I just remembered this game and read through it and considered just self-hammering or not posting and letting the vote happen, because there's really no content and I've got nothing and tbh I kinda want to do other things tonight.

I think MMT is probably town. I think CPig and Teland are probably scum, but I don't really feel particularly strongly about any of those reads.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

The original thing Teland said was that if Pig is scum, then the people who were voting for Pig (Asiina, Azurelana, Chic, and Hal) are probably town, and vice versa. And that makes sense to me - Pig was at -1 all day and on the brink of getting hammered, if he's scum than probably none of his teammates were in on that vote.

The bolded sentence above is what makes me get into "I think this is a fake opinion" territory - I can't imagine reading Teland's post and thinking it's some sort of scum gambit to give town cred to Pig, to me it looks like Teland was just thinking out loud.

##vote Asiina

(going to bed but will post more tomorrow)

Except Teland said that they believed at least one of the four people were scum over cpig being scum, but didn't really back that up.

Why couldn't cpig be scum when you moved a vote off of him and onto a town? Why isn't that an option to them?

As for the reason I think cpig is scum, you're saying that I don't have a reason for thinking his vote is scummy, when he himself is declaring it to be scummy "on purpose" so I think it's a fine reason. It was bad to call out Chic for trying to generate content while simultaneously saying that his attempts to generate content are fine or purposefully scummy or whatever excuse he's giving for why it was a good thing to do.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Anyway, I'm kinda not seeing a point in engaging when 1) nobody is really here and 2) I'm at -1 and the person I want to vote for hasn't voted for me and will do so to save himself and then take no heat for it because he was just trying to save himself.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

oh hey ##unvote for the time being if you are going to be around.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

As for the reason I think cpig is scum, you're saying that I don't have a reason for thinking his vote is scummy, when he himself is declaring it to be scummy "on purpose" so I think it's a fine reason. It was bad to call out Chic for trying to generate content while simultaneously saying that his attempts to generate content are fine or purposefully scummy or whatever excuse he's giving for why it was a good thing to do.

Yeah that's how I feel about the whole thing overall, but when I read cpig it does read like he's trying for real which makes me think it's just more bad than scummy play

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Azurelana posted:

This seems like really simple cover for just, being scum?

I don't know if I'm being really stupid here, but if you can just say "I was being scummy on purpose" to get out of things then what's the point in this game?

Of course maybe I am just being dumb and should stick with my original feeling

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Asiina posted:

Except Teland said that they believed at least one of the four people were scum over cpig being scum, but didn't really back that up.

Why couldn't cpig be scum when you moved a vote off of him and onto a town? Why isn't that an option to them?
I thought one of the other four was more likely, but I was by no means eliminating an MMT/Cpig pair. MMT had asked me who I'm most suspicious of, and I thought listing every single player as a possibility wasn't answering the question, so I was trying to explain what seemed most likely to me. My reason for suspecting one of the other four over Cpig was in the first part of my post, when I talked about Hal and Azure. I admit I didn't have much on either of them, but I wasn't getting the Cpig case, so it was a matter of something against nothing.

That was then. Now the reason I don't particularly suspect Cpig is because I think they'd have to be paired with MMT, and MMT seems to be encouraging investigation. I also took note that you said pushing the case that hard on D1 isn't unusual behavior for MMT. If MMT and CPig were scum then you'd be town, so I'm trusting that assessment. I realize it's not a solid argument for the rest of you because I'm a potential scum pairing for Cpig, but that's my current reasoning.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

Teland posted:

I thought one of the other four was more likely, but I was by no means eliminating an MMT/Cpig pair. MMT had asked me who I'm most suspicious of, and I thought listing every single player as a possibility wasn't answering the question, so I was trying to explain what seemed most likely to me. My reason for suspecting one of the other four over Cpig was in the first part of my post, when I talked about Hal and Azure. I admit I didn't have much on either of them, but I wasn't getting the Cpig case, so it was a matter of something against nothing.

That was then. Now the reason I don't particularly suspect Cpig is because I think they'd have to be paired with MMT, and MMT seems to be encouraging investigation. I also took note that you said pushing the case that hard on D1 isn't unusual behavior for MMT. If MMT and CPig were scum then you'd be town, so I'm trusting that assessment. I realize it's not a solid argument for the rest of you because I'm a potential scum pairing for Cpig, but that's my current reasoning.

Couldn't someone have just voted him and been away?

I mean in theory if I was scum and Cpig was scum and I'd gone to sleep then my vote would sit on him.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Azurelana posted:

Couldn't someone have just voted him and been away?

I mean in theory if I was scum and Cpig was scum and I'd gone to sleep then my vote would sit on him.
It's definitely possible, it doesn't sound very plausible to me though. I don't think you would use a strategy that relies on you being able to switch your vote to save your comrade and then walk away and forget about it. I'll have to go look at the posts to see if anyone voted for Cpig before Cpig was actually at risk and then never made a further appearance before deadline.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Azurelana, is this what you were getting at earlier when you said you were suspicious of Chic for voting Cpig but also suspecting Sniper? You think they planned to switch their vote to Sniper but forgot?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Asiina posted:

He can be scum, I just don't think he is.

quote:

It's really hard for me to look at someone trying to make cases and jumpstart discussion at the start of D1 when no one else is talking and think "this is scum trying to drive a mislynch". Like maybe if there was more to the Pig case than that I could see it, but it's literally just suspicion built up from one of the first non-joke posts of the game.

Azurelana posted:

I often make bad cases at the start of a game when nothing is happen to see how people react, I don't think it's that unconventional of a strategy. Also, it's obviously WIFOM but the only reason I can imagine someone of either alignment say "I was being scummy on purpose" is that they're town telling the truth - I don't buy that scum would try and use that as an out.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

He can be scum, I just don't think he is.

It's really hard for me to look at someone trying to make cases and jumpstart discussion at the start of D1 when no one else is talking and think "this is scum trying to drive a mislynch". Like maybe if there was more to the Pig case than that I could see it, but it's literally just suspicion built up from one of the first non-joke posts of the game.

I often make bad cases at the start of a game when nothing is happen to see how people react, I don't think it's that unconventional of a strategy. Also, it's obviously WIFOM but the only reason I can imagine someone of either alignment say "I was being scummy on purpose" is that they're town telling the truth - I don't buy that scum would try and use that as an out.

Cpig is a master of defying your expectations though

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That's venturing into too scummy to be scum territory, which I don't really buy.

I'm not suspecting CPig because he made a first real case, it's because he jumped on Chic for something that he himself was admitting to doing.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

Teland posted:

Azurelana, is this what you were getting at earlier when you said you were suspicious of Chic for voting Cpig but also suspecting Sniper? You think they planned to switch their vote to Sniper but forgot?

It was just a gut feeling early on. I think there's an equal argument for Cpig just being confident that even at -1 he wasn't going to die.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'd also vote Chic - her D1 was focused on CPig (who I have a town read on) and Sniper (who we know is town), but she hasn't really offered up any opinions since. In general, when I'm scum, I can usually start strong but it gets harder and harder to fake stuff as time goes on.

Azurelana posted:

Also it seems like a real waste to go after Asiina today because she hasn't posted at all.

I still think Cpig is better. It would tell us a lot about yesterday and today.

##vote Cpig

Do you think he's scum?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Asiina posted:

That's venturing into too scummy to be scum territory, which I don't really buy.

I'm not suspecting CPig because he made a first real case, it's because he jumped on Chic for something that he himself was admitting to doing.

What's scummy about that? Like it might be hypocritical but I don't see how that makes him scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

What's scummy about that? Like it might be hypocritical but I don't see how that makes him scum.

I think it would if he just stuck with that but what makes it better to me is that he eventually cased the people voting him instead of sticking with chic

But I agree with Asiina in the sense of acting scummy then calling the person who calls you out scummy and then calling the people scummy for calling you for being scummy for calling out the person who called you scummy is this whole recursive nightmare that just feeds itself and doesn’t really tell us much of anything

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

Murmur Twin posted:

Do you think he's scum?

I think so. I was never happy about the way he approached Chic on day 1. It's either an attack on someone that cools the game or collusion.

I think the scummy on purpose justification makes him look worse.

But if I'm wrong I think that the risk on the downside is not too bad.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Azurelana posted:

I think so. I was never happy about the way he approached Chic on day 1. It's either an attack on someone that cools the game or collusion.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean with that second sentence - how did his case on Chic 'cool the game' and/or how was it collusion?

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think it would if he just stuck with that but what makes it better to me is that he eventually cased the people voting him instead of sticking with chic
This is an interesting take. All this time I had been thinking that him switching his vote fairly quickly was an indication that the initial vote really was just to get something on the table. Now I need to look back at the sequence and see who he cased first.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##vote Chic

1. Her main casework was on Pig (see below) and Sniper, who was town
2. Chic didn't participate near deadline (which I believe was a vote between two town players, which means that scum has no real motive to get involved)
3. Chic hasn't participated on D2 at all and just kind of gives the impression to me that she isn't motivated by trying to figure out who the scum are
4. I'm kind of suspicious about how easily momentum for Asiina piled up - I don't think she has a scumbro/sis defending her
5. Asiina's reaction to momentum building up on her felt honest to me

CapitalistPig posted:

only scum share campfire stories.

##vote teland

Chic Trombone posted:

said gut call is that i don't like cpig's joke, it feels forced to me and imo scum are more likely to force random bullshit early in the game

---

specifically it's this post that made me not like it

---

to clarify I am gonna vote CPig but gently caress doing it on my phone

---

I know this is a small game but you have two votes + a promised vote when I can log on on a computer

This is painfully scummy my dude

---

gently caress it I'm not waiting ##vote CPig

I don't think I really processed this on D1 but looking over Chic's suspicion of CPig it really feels like a scum fake-case to me. How can anyone feel so sure about a vote based on an obvious joke?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Also of note

GeneX posted:

very tentative, mostly useless list:

town:
me (lol)

town-ish:
asiina (good call out of cpig)
cpig (good call out of chic)

?????? (extreme tentative town-lean):
Teland (participated in jokephase)

?????? (extreme tenative scum-lean):
Azurelana (not posting)
MMT (not posting, meta~)

scum-ish:
Chic (questionable case, knew about its questionable aspects)
sniper (oversensitivity in general)
Hal (aggressively biting at critics of a jokevote and requests for more jokevotes)

When I look at "who had the motive to kill GX?", I think Chic fits the mold more than Asiina.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Azurelana posted:

I think the scummy on purpose justification makes him look worse.

But if I'm wrong I think that the risk on the downside is not too bad.

Huge alarm bells are going off in my head at this post. If we kill Pig and he's town, and then scum kills another town, that puts us in MYLO with no leads and at least one or two lurking town players - that would be a really bad thing, not "not too bad".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Also it's way past my bedtime so I think that's it from me.

Is anyone even here? :ohdearsass: