Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I liked mass effect 2

Should i play this game on my nintendo switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Ignite Memories posted:

I liked mass effect 2

Should i play this game on my nintendo switch

Yes.

But I'd say that whether you liked Mass Effect 2 or not.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
You can lower some settings in the option menus, which makes it run better on the switch. Cause it can chug a PS4 sometimes.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Anora posted:

You can lower some settings in the option menus, which makes it run better on the switch. Cause it can chug a PS4 sometimes.

Has there been any settling on what settings give the best bang for performance buck with least impact on looks? (On Switch)

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Anyone on PS4 have an extra Link-Health or Armor?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Wait, so i can crossplay with ps4/xbox but not with PC if i'm playing on switch? is that correct?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I'm relevelling Revenant at the moment, and really it's all about the 4.

1 is useless because if your teammates don't kill your thralls immediately, you will by accident.

2 is invincibility that runs out very fast and lets you enthrall anything it stuns for free, so also mostly useless - mildly useful as a panic button before escaping.

3 is too energy expensive and your thralls will be dead before you remember you can use it to heal.

4 is fun though. 4 is very, very fun. Build for energy capacity, streamline and power. Slap an Augur Reach on so you get shields back when you cast 4. Put Zenurik on your operator. Run an augmented Dethcube. Equip Suda weapons or mods for the Entropy effect.

Basically you want to always have spare energy so you can cast 4 and cut everything nearby in half. It sounds bad but honestly the amount of fun 4 is kind of makes up for the other powers being a bit crap.

I kind of get the impression revenant was supposed to have a couple of garuda's powers but at some point they split them into two frames - revenant refers to a type of vampire, and his internal name is Vlad. But Garuda is the one with the vampire powers.

The thralls are supposed to die. They're disposable resources that do useful things (restoring health, dropping overshields, wiping out surrounding enemies in a chain of explosions) depending on how you kill them. Mesmer Skin lets you chain-thrall enemies for free until you hit your cap, then let rip with Danse Macabre to get silly amounts of shields and a bunch of really satisfying chain explosions. They also generate a hell of a lot of threat and draw lots of enemy fire, making them very useful for running defence missions solo or as a team.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The Wolf of Saturn came into my game when I was doing mod runs in Mot.

I had 34 hp and was trying to get into an area where I was not surrounded. He teleported to me and did a whirlwind.

He then teleported out when he killed me :smith:

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Mesadoram posted:

The Wolf of Saturn came into my game when I was doing mod runs in Mot.

I had 34 hp and was trying to get into an area where I was not surrounded. He teleported to me and did a whirlwind.

He then teleported out when he killed me :smith:

My first run in with the wolf was while I was leveling a brand new frame and weapons on a level 10 mission on earth.

Took forever to slowly whittle him down and then he dropped some generic mod that I have hundreds of already.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

KongGeorgeVII posted:

My first run in with the wolf was while I was leveling a brand new frame and weapons on a level 10 mission on earth.

Took forever to slowly whittle him down and then he dropped some generic mod that I have hundreds of already.

Same. gently caress that guy...

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Feenix posted:

Same. gently caress that guy...

Also, that dick bag void guy REFUSES to drop the toxin melee mod. I grinded him out for about 3 hours yesterday. Also, is that area stupid hard to solo for everyone? I can only seem to do it on Exal Umbra. All my other frames get rocked in seconds.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Mesadoram posted:

Also, that dick bag void guy REFUSES to drop the toxin melee mod. I grinded him out for about 3 hours yesterday. Also, is that area stupid hard to solo for everyone? I can only seem to do it on Exal Umbra. All my other frames get rocked in seconds.

That entire branch of Void missions is an undocumented +300% damage buff left over from an older version of the Void and it's missions.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Vegastar posted:

That entire branch of Void missions is an undocumented +300% damage buff left over from an older version of the Void and it's missions.

Well now... That explains a lot.

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

Ignite Memories posted:

Wait, so i can crossplay with ps4/xbox but not with PC if i'm playing on switch? is that correct?

No, crossplay isn't implemented between any platforms right now.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

A few devstreams ago Steve said they were talking internally about a way to make it so your account would work across platforms, but then chat went nuts talking about cross platform play and he clarified it pretty quick.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Got some lucky drops this weekend and I am making Ember Prime, Frost Prime and Mesa Prime.

I heard Mesa is kind of crazy good, any guns work best for the Maverick :blastu:?

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Her passive gives faster reload for single pistols and faster fire rate for dual pistols. I like using the Aksomati with her for the increased fire rate. Bring Carrier though since you'll be chewing through ammo with that passive and Lethal Torrent.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Mesa is crazy good because of Peacemaker, which uses her Exalted weapons with your secondary weapon as a stat stick I think. So whatever secondary you’ve got the most Forma/best mods would be good.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

v1ld posted:

Her passive gives faster reload for single pistols and faster fire rate for dual pistols. I like using the Aksomati with her for the increased fire rate. Bring Carrier though since you'll be chewing through ammo with that passive and Lethal Torrent.

Cool, gotta see if I am close to get the Aksomati when I get home.

KDdidit posted:

Mesa is crazy good because of Peacemaker, which uses her Exalted weapons with your secondary weapon as a stat stick I think. So whatever secondary you’ve got the most Forma/best mods would be good.

Interesting, seems like Mesa is built for the dakka dakka.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

KDdidit posted:

The Regulators have their own stats and don't use your secondaries as far as I know - but if that's wrong, it'd be useful to know. I've pumped 3 forma into them so they're pretty powerful in their own right anyway.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sorry I’m an idiot who didn’t play for 2 years and while I was gone they changed it, disregard.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

This game changes all the time and the wiki is a heroic effort I feel given how little is communicated by DE sometimes, so yeah I was genuinely asking about whether it was correct.

I see the stat stick reference quite a bit, which other exalteds use their corresponding slot's stats for themselves?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Have I missed a potato invasion in PS4 lately,? There have been 3 on pc since the last time I remember one here.

FireDooley
Apr 30, 2013
I think I may have fallen into a newbie trap building a Nyx...I saw something on reddit that she was pretty good, but then saw that post was from like 2 years ago, and she is not that great lately. I am stilling trying to clear the map (kind of running into a wall at Pluto, probably need better mods), and am beginning to think that Limbo might be a better choice to help with Spy missions. Any thoughts?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

FireDooley posted:

I think I may have fallen into a newbie trap building a Nyx...I saw something on reddit that she was pretty good, but then saw that post was from like 2 years ago, and she is not that great lately. I am stilling trying to clear the map (kind of running into a wall at Pluto, probably need better mods), and am beginning to think that Limbo might be a better choice to help with Spy missions. Any thoughts?

Once I mastered Nyx I sold her. She is just not that great.

If you did not get Nova yet I suggest you farm her out, she is fantastic.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
If you’re specifically targeting spy, your best options are Loki, ivara, limbo, ash, and Octavia. Good luck!

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You’re going to level Nyx for mastery anyway, but yeah, it’s not very good for clearing the star chart. I used Limbo for Corpus Spy and Loki for Grineer. If you’re good with the consoles/have ciphers and know the quickest way to the vaults you can kinda brute force through them with Rhino.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Catalyst invasion on Ceres.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

I can barely remember any potato invasions on Switch in the 3 months until right before Nightwave launched, but now it seems other platforms are seeing them more often. I wonder if they've added more to the invasion types to compensate for the lack of potato alerts.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Catalyst invasion on Ceres.

My complaining paid off!

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
So I just unveiled my second ever riven and unrolled it's a +damage +multishot - fire rate riven for the opticor. I dunno if I should keep it or sell it, seems really good and with the opticor vandal becoming available soon it'll be even better.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Tennocon tickets are up: https://www.warframe.com/news/tennocon-2019-digital-packs-on-sale

Not sure if that is worth it... I don't have enough ducets to justify that.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Feenix posted:

Has there been any settling on what settings give the best bang for performance buck with least impact on looks? (On Switch)

Bloom and partical effects are usually the go to, though if you're plying on switch, forget about the game looking great.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Is there a way on ps4 to see what the buffs that pop up in the corner are actually doing? I figure on pc you can mouse over them for a description, but I haven't found a way to do that on ps4. In groups there'll be a bunch of icons and my character will be glowing or surrounded by butterflies but it'd be cool to know what's actually happening.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Jolo posted:

Is there a way on ps4 to see what the buffs that pop up in the corner are actually doing? I figure on pc you can mouse over them for a description, but I haven't found a way to do that on ps4. In groups there'll be a bunch of icons and my character will be glowing or surrounded by butterflies but it'd be cool to know what's actually happening.

The update from literally an hour ago brought this function to consoles

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If you followed the PC release of Buried Debts apparently there's a few changes on consoles

quote:

OPERATION: BURIED DEBTS

We bring you our first Operation of 2019. It's big, deep, and it starts now. Buckle in, Tenno, it begins soon! While we have no clan leaderboard with this Operation, you can earn many rewards by participating and unlocking the mysteries of Fortuna.

We’re doing things a bit differently with the launch of the Operation on PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch for the first phase (Thermia Fractures and Data-Hash scanning) and onward (“Escalation” boss fight). You may be aware of the fixes that are being worked on for PC to address some painful bugs in the boss fight: crashes, Host migration issues, etc. In light of this, we will be sending another build to cert as soon as possible with whatever fixes are needed. We aren’t comfortable having the boss fight go live in its current condition as it is very unstable and fun-breaking. Ideally, we want to deliver it in its best quality form for a smoother and more enjoyable experience.

This does change the pacing of the Operation as we require the fixes to go live on PC first, and the time to properly test and submit our builds to cert. So! That said, here’s what you can expect: 

Phase 1 - Thermia Fractures (live now!) and Data-Hashes (to come!)

As intended for Phase 1, you can participate in the closing of the Thermia fractures out in the Orb Vallis. Thermia fractures are cracking open the surface of Venus, a consequence of Nef Anyo’s unrelenting greed. He’s willing to do whatever it takes for a quick profit, including putting the whole Orb Vallis at risk. By figuring out how to stop the Thermia fractures, you're able to earn these rewards:

Operation Emblem
Amalgam Mods x4
Operation Sigil
Opticor Vandal
A bird's eye view will help you find Thermia fractures! Kill Coolant Raknoids to take their canisters and put them on a Thermia fracture. When the canister is ready, you'll need to defend it from Corpus enemies.

You get 1 point for each Thermia Fracture you close - if you close 4 Fractures with 1 Coolant canister, you get 3 bonus points (7 total)! You can track your personal progress via the Navigation panel.

Now that we’ve got you on the right path to sticking it to Nef Anyo and his Thermia fractures…

The Data-Hash scanning portion of Phase 1 will be postponed since it is tied to the boss fight. This will go live around the time we send the bug fix build to cert. But in the meantime, you’ll notice the Hashes are still scattered around the Vallis. You can get a head start in discovering their locations now, so that when the time comes for you to put the pieces together, you’ll be ahead of the game!

Phase 2 “Escalation” - Boss Fight and Hildryn (to come!)

We are hoping for a speedy turnaround for the cert builds, but this does depend heavily on fixes going live on PC. We will keep you updated as we go along. We appreciate your patience, especially since we know you are excited to get to collecting Hildryn’s components via the boss fight. Rest assured that even though we have changed up the pacing of the event, Hildryn will remain a completely free Warframe for you to earn once the fight is live!

For now, you can play to earn the Operation Emblem, new mods, Sigil, and Opticor Vandal via Thermia fractures. Good luck out there, Tenno!

Brief note about difficulty intention: some players may find some of the combat encounters of this operation difficult. It is intended that this is a higher difficulty.

Brief note about event recurrence: we have this set up to occur as a world event frequently. This will not be a case of Hildryn being inaccessible as Thermia Fractures will occur in the Orb Vallis regularly, enabling the boss fight (in its newly polished post-cert state). It will be frequent to make sure she is available to all! This event is cycled similarly to Baro Ki'Teer in cadence. In the same way you can get Sands of Inaros from Baro Ki'Teer with Ducats when he visits regularly, you can use Thermia to get Hildryn. Fractures will occur often - like ghouls - to keep Thermia in high supply.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1073750-ps4xb1switch-operation-buried-debts/

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Fuckin lame. I’d have preferred a buggy boss coinciding with the double resource weekend. Just premake groups to avoid host migrations

Oh no! I just realize I didn’t tune in to twitch last week and missed Speedo teshin scrawl! Dang

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 20, 2019

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Question about the Auras on offer this week as part of the Nightwave: Are any of these worth spending my 50 wolf creds on? At this point I only have one Aura and it's a 15% health buff that adds a few slots. I remember hearing or reading somewhere that the good mods are one that reduces enemy armor and another that regens energy. Is the Loot Detector Aura worth dropping 20 creds for helping find Void Containers?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I’d say the pet mod that does the same is more valuable cause it doesn’t subtract from your frame potential

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
Game is updating right now on PS4, just over 3 gig.