Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I understand it's even worse when the monkey has a human brain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

I understand it's even worse when the monkey has a human brain?

Monkeys are not hindered by tables and can hide under them, preventing you from shooting or meleeing them while allowing them total freedom to shoot back or whatever. Monkeys get bonus melee damage and critical chance or something but have reduced HP.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
can you turn other players into monkeys again? because that was probably my favorite thing to abuse since they had to get a paper and pen to even attempt to rat you out

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

How soon they forget.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Monkeys should start with chips in honor of System Shock imo

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Thief posted:

can you turn other players into monkeys again? because that was probably my favorite thing to abuse since they had to get a paper and pen to even attempt to rat you out

It requires genetics or a specific kind of 'monkey meat burger' last I checked. Also AIs and borgs understand monkey speak perfectly fine I think?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mors Rattus posted:

Do not fight monkeys.

Counterpoint: Do fight monkeys :getin:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

SugarAddict posted:

It requires genetics or a specific kind of 'monkey meat burger' last I checked. Also AIs and borgs understand monkey speak perfectly fine I think?

I think it's monkey cheeseburgers that randumbly turn you into munky lol

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
I'm trying to get back into SS13, but I'm running into a problem running BYOND. When I try to run it, I get an error saying "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)."

I'm in Windows 10 and running as administrator. I vaaaaguuueelly remember wrestling with this a long time ago, but don't remember what the trick was, though that was probably on an older version of Windows.

I'm probably forgetting something dumb, but anyone have any suggestions?

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
Download this, point it at BYOND, google anything that comes up missing and install it.

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Are monkey turrets still a thing?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Aerofallosov posted:

Yup, that's exactly what I ended up doing my very first round on goonstation.

"Huh, where's this goooo- oohh nooooo."

my first ss13 round ever, i wandered into a maintenance duct out of curiosity, found an antagonist of some sort hiding a corpse, and was promptly bludgeoned to death

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Leal posted:

Counterpoint: Do fight monkeys :getin:

I only won once vs a monkey and I was geared to the teeth. I still ended up dying from brute and bleeding.

Fight primates 24/7.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

:catstare: wait, what?!

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URJ_qSXruW0

I guess this video happened and pop exploded today.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

woooow. Haven’t seen that in a long time

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Virulence posted:

I clicked the link and immediately regretted it. Nothing good can come of this.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

EclecticTastes posted:

I clicked the link and immediately regretted it. Nothing good can come of this.

Hey guyz, AUTISM! lololololol

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Hey guys, where's the best place to find the server aminds to apologize for being a massive shitheel and seeing if I can be unpermabanned? I got banned a few months back and I miss playing the game but I realize that I was a super lovely player who kinda deserved the ban

Tibbeh fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 18, 2019

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Tibbeh posted:

Hey guys, where's the best place to find the server aminds to apologize for being a massive shitheel and seeing if I can be unpermabanned? I got banned a few months back and I miss playing the game but I realize that I was a super lovely player who kinda deserved the ban

r/vm and /vpn for starters

NiftyBottle
Jan 1, 2009

radical
This is the forum for unban appeals

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

dylguy90 posted:

r/vm and /vpn for starters

nope, wire killed that poo poo years ago.

good luck evading our bans

you have to actually stop being poo poo now

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Mimesweeper posted:

I mean, given that this is a person whose first response to "I got banned for being dumb but now I'm not dumb how can I appeal" was to suggest tools for evading bans, I think you might be asking the impossible, here.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Virulence posted:

Going into a server with some buddies and brutally space-murdering catperson furry ERPers until you get banned seems like some fun poo poo tbh.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

after several attempts and countless rounds where the emergency shuttle had to be called in the first 10 minutes i have come to the scientific conclusion that the only thing you should not do with a monkey is hand them the transfer valve bomb

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

however do feel free to have the HoP give them full access to the science wing as an official doctor or even make them captain

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Hmmm, with the apparant player resurgence, maybe duke pukem needs to make a comeback

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Virulence posted:

"Space Station 13: 10/10, Amazing, Spectacular, Don't Play It"

accurate

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

its actually crazy how good some players are at pvp in this game without even relying on trash chute or flash fuckery

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Thief posted:

its actually crazy how good some players are at pvp in this game without even relying on trash chute or flash fuckery

There's some players you just avoid, because even if you go after them with a gun you know full-well that all you're really doing is giving them a gun with less ammo than you started with.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's some players you just avoid, because even if you go after them with a gun you know full-well that all you're really doing is giving them a gun with less ammo than you started with.

I can’t count the number of times I’ve run in as a security officer and immediately slipped on a banana peel or the like. That’s embarrassing.

Word to the wise, always steal the janitor’s boots before the antagonists can. The janitor will understand. They’re used to it.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Mimesweeper posted:

Nope, got through. I'm not poo poo, just wanted to see if I could. Actually pretty easy. Actually I'm a very upstanding player, thank you very much.

E: And ftr goonstation admins are great, but the other hipop server admins are godawful. Oh this rules, on CM the other day an admin told me the G slur wasn't "hard racism" and refused to do anything about it. So yeah, no reason to let those assholes push anyone around.

EE: Actually, I don't really mind sharing my technique with you guys if you want to use it for GS. No reason to evade there. Let me know if you're interested.

S w a y z e fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 18, 2019

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Hmm, I posted a few weeks ago that weekend goonstation was doing well with ~45 players!

Have some downtime at work, let me see how-

:stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:

love to have a youtuber break the servers

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

As someone who likes high pop this rules, hopefully people stay and I don't have to go back to the dark side to get my ss13 needs met

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

dylguy90 posted:

Nope, got through. I'm not poo poo, just wanted to see if I could. Actually pretty easy. Actually I'm a very upstanding player, thank you very much.

are you banned or did you just join with a vpn/vm? it doesn't matter unless you're banned.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
I don’t know if this server is designed for high pop of that magnitude. By the time it’s 10 minutes in, most departments would probably be stripped bare.

But at least QM wouldn’t be lacking in customers. Until someone bombs them, of course.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Mimesweeper posted:

are you banned or did you just join with a vpn/vm? it doesn't matter unless you're banned.

A combination of several things, you don't need a VM, and I'm not even that good at this stuff. It was a while ago but I'd be happy sharing it with the caveat that you don't immediately share it with the Bad Servers.

Never tried with goonstation specifically but I suspect it would work given the permissions SS13 has

E: whatever I really don't care, sent

S w a y z e fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 18, 2019

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

ok I haven't really played in *ages* so I'm probably thinking in 2015 terms, but how the gently caress does the server cope with that number

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
Netcode’s a lot more stable these days. I played a week or two ago and I only noticed a couple times where I hung up somewhere.

Also, all the departments have landline phones. It’s great! Wish more people would use them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

I am really interested in getting back into SS13 after not playing for a few years - I tried last night after looking at the wiki and seeing a ton of people on, as lame as it sounds I get a little bit overwhelmed and I'm not sure of what to do :shobon: Usually I hang out as a scientist and make a bunch of synthflesh and healing chems for the docs, or build bots as a roboticist but I still find myself logging off only a few minutes after logging on, which doesn't feel fair for such a fun game!

If you see Hungry Pickins wandering around, I always enjoy getting involved in shenanigans