Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah this is literally the only time the system comes up. It's like having 20 estus flasks all the time, and then you run out and have to interrupt what you're (presumably) doing to go get more. I don't know how that could possibly be an improvement - all the mechanics in these games designed to interrupt play to make you go do something else sucked. Item weight, limited vials, non-autorepair weapon durability, etc - all bad.

Not having item weight is the best part of Bloodborne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Not having equip weight in bloodborne is also fantastic but man, "item weight" in demon's souls is so much worse. It applied to your whole inventory, not just what was equipped. At least in dark souls you never have to leave treasure behind because you're carrying too many weapons in your inventory instead of your stockpile.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Not having equip weight in bloodborne is also fantastic but man, "item weight" in demon's souls is so much worse. It applied to your whole inventory, not just what was equipped. At least in dark souls you never have to leave treasure behind because you're carrying too many weapons in your inventory instead of your stockpile.

Lol so many of my Fallout Massacres started with me not wanting to just drop bullets

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

item weights indeed suck rear end. the amount of damage absorbed by heavy armor vs the increased chances of being hit from the reduced rolling ability is totally out of whack, armor barely counts anyway just let me have my fashion souls and look cool

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Looking forward to having only one weapon in Sekiro and not entertaining the fiction that I have 9 greatswords, 5 ultragreatswords, 18 shields, and 4 crossbows shoved up my rear end in a top hat that I can access at any time, for the whole game. My immersion!

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I'm just looking forward to waving around the tiny pre-order katana and making shiiink noises.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

redreader posted:

I haven't been following this because I like to experience new things firsthand:

- I have a 4770k cpu and a 980 card, with an ssd. I also have an original ps4. Wondering what platform to get this on
- I heard it's not an rpg? More like an action game (like bayonetta or something?)
- are there any pre-order items? I'd rather just get it on/after release day if it's good.

That would have easily got 60FPS in Dark Souls 3, and this game has lower recommended specs than DS3. That said, impossible to say for sure until you get people actually playing it.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dude on reddit said it felt like 20fps on base PS4 :eyepop: I don’t really trust that though since people will swear Bloodborne is a technical mess when it feels and looks smooth and responsive to me.

Thundercracker posted:

I'm just looking forward to waving around the tiny pre-order katana and making shiiink noises.

I wish I would’ve got that :(

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

If your choice is between a PC with a goddamn 980 and an OG PS4, I would gamble on the PC for sure.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Look Sir Droids posted:

If your choice is between a PC with a goddamn 980 and an OG PS4, I would gamble on the PC for sure.

yeah, my 1050 ti is starting to struggle with most new games so given that i have a pro and a 4k tv i will be waiting to see what the performance numbers look like since if i have to drop a bunch of setting just to get even close to 60fps i can sit on my couch and play on my big tv instead of my monitor.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

MMF Freeway posted:

"あなたはクレリックではないですか?"

*kicks you off a cliff*

"this smacks of betrayal," I holler as I fire my grappling hook into Patches' forehead, turning a dangerous trap into complete poo poo

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
my 980 ti is still gobbling up almost everything i throw at it

only game recently that really confounded it was FFXV and that's more due to hideous optimization than anything

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

I have a very pedestrian 960. The 2 GB version. And it still does fine. The newest game I have though is DX Mankind Divided though. I just started playing it and I'm sure it could be better, but it still runs better than if it was on a console. Sekiro ain't gonna be poo poo.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

some plot speculation: Is anyone else getting a Painted World vibe off of all of this? small child as your master, "stagnation", a disease that causes wasting? I wonder what's up that's causing everything to start sputtering out.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Deified Data posted:

Hollow Knight has the best healing system of any Soulsborne

and the worst Everything Else of any castleroid

Andrast posted:

It's an unnecessary punishment for people who are already struggling

including goons who struggle to understand. may they be granted eyes inside

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Look Sir Droids posted:

Looking forward to having only one weapon in Sekiro and not entertaining the fiction that I have 9 greatswords, 5 ultragreatswords, 18 shields, and 4 crossbows shoved up my rear end in a top hat that I can access at any time, for the whole game. My immersion!

Sekiro advanced immersive storytelling by putting all those greatswords and crossbows in your arm instead of up your butt

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Frog Act posted:

There are like dozens of posts from people in the /r/sekiro subreddit who have physical copies of the game and have been playing it, mostly in France and Germany

>: (

Jealousy aside, are they praising the game or just gloating that they got to break street date?

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I just got a call that the Gamestop I pre-ordered from is doing a 9pm release on Thursday. But I work night shift so I'll be at work and unable to pick it up :negative:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

enojy posted:

Honestly if I get like 10 hours into this game and it just feels like Dark Souls 5 I probably won't even bother finishing it. I'd like to think the majority of Soulsborne fans have had enough Soulsborne.

I don't want a souls game and this doesn't seem like one at all so that's good

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I will be the one playing on an old PS4 so you don't have to - I will report my findings if I live to tell the tale.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Deified Data posted:

I will be the one playing on an old PS4 so you don't have to - I will report my findings if I live to tell the tale.

Me too. I'm reading all these posts about whether a pro is going to cut it and making the Simpsons collar tug motion.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wol70cBLNd8

Thundercracker fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 20, 2019

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Andrigaar posted:

Jealousy aside, are they praising the game or just gloating that they got to break street date?

Take a wild guess!

I haven't seen anything interesting on there, just people posting pictures of the box they have

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Thundercracker posted:

Me too. I'm reading all these posts about whether a pro is going to cut it and making the Simpsons collar tug motion.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wol70cBLNd8

I'm not expecting anything worse than DS3's performance, which isn't good but I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm not used to it.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Thundercracker posted:

The PC version has the same requirements as Dark Souls III so I would expect on PS4 to it to run similarly to Dark Souls III.

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/sekiro-shadows-die-twice/17898

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I can't wait for someone to make a Strider Hiryu Mod for this so I can Schwing Schwing up in this bitch.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
There are some streamers on Twitch playing so expect loads of spoilers in YouTube etc. tomorrow

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

I can't wait for someone to make a Strider Hiryu Mod for this so I can Schwing Schwing up in this bitch.

At first I read Hiryu as Kiryu and thought “hell yeah” imagining him punching out that guys horse

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

ZZZorcerer posted:

There are some streamers on Twitch playing so expect loads of spoilers in YouTube etc. tomorrow

*playing Sekiro very Germanly*

"EIN SHINOBI-MODULE???!!!!"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
:kakashi: : Ja ja, ich habe eine kleines amprothese fur deinen ninjas-waffen

I don't care if the grammar is wrong it's been 15 years since I learned any of this crazy language

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Deified Data posted:

Same

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

OG PS4 crew is powerful :hfive:

Wish I had a Pro but meh

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Kilometers Davis posted:

OG PS4 crew is powerful :hfive:

Wish I had a Pro but meh

It's only more Soulsborne when you have less frames to dodge and parry. : D

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Thundercracker posted:

It's only more Soulsborne when you have less frames to dodge and parry. : D

this is the true way of the shinobi

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Apparently streamers are allowed to stream 2 hours of Sekiro tommorow, and all of it on Thursday.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Pre-Order Dynamic Theme — is good

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

RatHat posted:

Apparently streamers are allowed to stream 2 hours of Sekiro tommorow, and all of it on Thursday.

I'm trying to imagine the kind of person who would watch a stream of this game instead of going in blind, but the concept is just too alien to me.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i do actually derive a lot of enjoyment from doing my homework and planning out my build and learning about different secrets and stuff before i dive into a souls game, but even i don't qualify because i don't enjoy watching other people play a videogame/streamers

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I just don't care about going in blind to entertainment media. I'm baffled by people who get uppity if you even almost spoil something and then they get in your face about respecting their wishes. Whoa, dude, calm the gently caress down about this game/movie.

And I don't at all mean anything in this thread, btw. Haven't cared about spoilers for decades.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
If the game is so shallow and reliant on surprise attacks that seeing someone else playing for a bit would ruin it... then I'm glad I watched the footage because I won't buy that hypothetical lovely game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boogiepop
Sep 24, 2018

Andrigaar posted:

I just don't care about going in blind to entertainment media. I'm baffled by people who get uppity if you even almost spoil something and then they get in your face about respecting their wishes. Whoa, dude, calm the gently caress down about this game/movie.

And I don't at all mean anything in this thread, btw. Haven't cared about spoilers for decades.

a lot of people like to be surprised by events, twists and turns in their entertainment media. do you really need a detailed explanation as to why a lot of people would find that to be an important element in how they find enjoyment in something like this?