Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Yeah the bustle(?), apple and poison was the .... least worst part of that tattoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Teketeketeketeke posted:

Poisoned apple, mate

Her poison womb is making Heaven crowded.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Maybe she has HIV

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Mammal Sauce posted:

Maybe she has HIV

Or phlegm

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Or she's a bee and her home was destroyed.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

AlbieQuirky posted:

It looks like my high school mascot, which was ugly as hell.

Oh poo poo, looks like my elementary school mascot.We are the Wildcats, from Garfield school.

Does anyone remember the story in Hunter S. Thompson's, The Shark Papers Vol. II; Shame and Degradation in the '80's, where he convinced his assistant to get a back-panther for whatever reason? Said story is not the only reason I don't have a back-panther, but it's a major one.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Organza Quiz posted:

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

SNER WIIIT

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Organza Quiz posted:

Stay safe, G-hive :ohdear:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Teketeketeketeke posted:

Poisoned apple, mate

The apple has FAS in it

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

What, no pics of the tattoo?

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Mammal Sauce posted:

Maybe she has HIV

then it should be "never ghive blood"

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

I thought intoxicated/high was the natural state of the tattoo artist in the wild.

Edit: Now that I've read it I'm torn between "Tattooee was kind of a dick for recording the drunken/high antics without the tattooer's knowledge or permission", but the dual combination of "paid for a professionals work" and "blackout drunk and high tattooist brought his preteen daughter to work" makes a strong case going the other way.

RickVoid has a new favorite as of 16:31 on Mar 18, 2019

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

ricketyvickyt posted:

It’s definitely real.

Here’s an update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6w-zEfdB94

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

RickVoid posted:

I thought intoxicated/high was the natural state of the tattoo artist in the wild.

Edit: Now that I've read it I'm torn between "Tattooee was kind of a dick for recording the drunken/high antics without the tattooer's knowledge or permission", but the dual combination of "paid for a professionals work" and "blackout drunk and high tattooist brought his preteen daughter to work" makes a strong case going the other way.

It's not the 1980's anymore, getting a tattoo is more mainstream than not. 3/5ths of the population now have tattoos on average so no, most artists are not constantly high or intoxicated while doing countless hours of precision artwork on an ever moving canvas?

Like, are you seriously questioning someone for getting evidence of someone they paid money to permanently alter their body being blitzed out of their mind?

You may not agree with, nor want to get tattoos, and there sure are an astronomically absurd amount of poor taste tattoos out there, but your take on this is almost as bad as the dude nodding while a client is trusting them to tattoo their skin. You are straight up victim blaming.

Consider this: "I know the driver was drunk and mowed down a couple innocent pedestrians before ploughing head first into that oncoming sedan, but really i'm questioning why someone started to film that without the drunk drivers knowledge or permission... I guess they're equally bad things and it could go either way on who is the bigger scumbag here"

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I know a bunch of tattoo artists and they're rarely sober.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I've been to tattoo conventions and watched artists drinking beer on the floor. I've also seen the eating pot edibles while working, though pot seems like it might calm someone and not really have any negative outcomes for a piece.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

ricketyvickyt posted:

Tasteless doesn’t just mean a bad quality tattoo does it? Isn’t it weird subject matter as well? I think it’s tasteless in the same way Tweety pie, tinker bell tattoos are. Plus it’s really random subject matter for a 30 odd year old guy. But that’s just my opinion.

Sorry to necro this but its where I started catching up on this thread and I have a Stitch tattoo as my first one I got last year when I was 38.

When I was 24 my mom died of cancer, she was sick for 2 years and during that whole time I didnt cry, not even when I watched her take her last breath. If anyone has been through something like that you probably know how it is just shocking and horrible the whole time with a million different feelings that are confusing and hard to deal with. Before that I had never seen any of the Lilo and Stitch movies. Some time after my mom was gone it was just me and my sister living together in the same house and one day I was just staring at the walls/flipping through channels on tv and I happened to come across the end of one of the movies where Stitch says something like "our family is small and broken, but still good" and I when I saw it I just broke down crying like everything I had been holding back came out at once. After that I watched the first 3 movies and liked them and if anyone hasnt seen them its 2 sisters living together after their parents died. I have some Stitch stuff, a couple plush dolls, stickers, stuff like that.

Then a few years ago my best friends mom also died of cancer. We spent a lot of time together after my mom had died so when her mom died she moved in with me and it was awesome since we got along really well and we were happy. She would always come home with Stitch stuff for me like stickers and shirts and keychains, etc. After a couple years she got back into drugs and I was really upset with her and kicked her out to live with her dad until she went to rehab and got her poo poo together. Last time I saw her she had been clean for like 2 weeks and a couple weeks after that her brother got a hold of me and told me she had died. I was so heartbroken since when times were good we had talked about getting married. She was my best friend for 20 years and we grew up together and had been through a lot. All I felt was lost and sad and in one of the movies there is a scene where Lilo was upset with Stitch so he ran away and was reading the Ugly Duckling book where it ends with him looking up at the sky and sadly saying "Im lost" I got a version of him from that scene on my forearm right after my friend died.

Maybe it is stupid basing something on media but thats just how it worked out and thats my Stitch tattoo story.

Now that I got my first one I definitely want to get more tattoos and right now Im actually getting a commission done of an original one that Im going to get done this summer.

Sorry if that was a huge bummer but if it makes anyone feel better Im a lot better now and its all good

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

You gave your tattoo more thought than 99.999% of the tattoos in this thread.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

LingcodKilla posted:

You gave your tattoo more thought than 99.999% of the tattoos in this thread.

We don’t actually know that, which I think is part of his or her point. I think that was a story about how human beings can connect profoundly with the characters and the stories in the media they consume, and how something which might appear frivolous from a distance might seem less so from up close.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

We don’t actually know that, which I think is part of his or her point. I think that was a story about how human beings can connect profoundly with the characters and the stories in the media they consume, and how something which might appear frivolous from a distance might seem less so from up close.

Glorious.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

*screams “what are those” into the Grand Canyon*

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I feel weirdly proud that I made the thread title.

I also feel terrified to get my next tattoo.

Thanks, Goons! :downs:

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
Even the dogs eye is popping out in shock. Linked for side profile nudity.

https://imgur.com/gallery/rIeYbMo

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

bulletsponge13 posted:

I feel weirdly proud that I made the thread title.

I also feel terrified to get my next tattoo.

Thanks, Goons! :downs:

You hit the big time, kid.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.

ricketyvickyt posted:

Even the dogs eye is popping out in shock. Linked for side profile nudity.

https://imgur.com/gallery/rIeYbMo

Gone or is the link wrong? Error page for me.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 22:25 on Mar 25, 2019

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
I think the leopard guy is carrying it off quite well.

fistful of hammers
Nov 11, 2011

The Joker actually started a Gofundme for supposedly "new theeth" and for removal of his face tattoos. Comments on the page are... enlightening. https://www.gofundme.com/bk65hn-new-theeth

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Holla

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Da Ba Dee?

Edit - looks like he aint got nobody to listen to :(

Dixville has a new favorite as of 00:33 on Mar 26, 2019

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Mugshots are cheating.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Chichevache posted:

Mugshots are cheating.

Whoa, next you're gonna start taking about pizza laws.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Johnny Truant posted:

Whoa, next you're gonna start taking about pizza laws.

Sir, that barrel of fish has no water in it.

Edit

Holy crap. No results when I googled "barrel of fish tattoo". Someone should rectify that.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I already did one request from this thread, someone else do it.

vvv https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772428&userid=158851&perpage=40&pagenumber=6#post491815305

whypick1 has a new favorite as of 03:11 on Mar 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

whypick1 posted:

I already did one request from this thread, someone else do it.

I missed it. Got a link?