Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

That's weird, our scanners show that you have...

...an adamantium skeleton?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
So what are the chances the strip will just keep going with weekday strips only, mysteriously omitting the other timeline presented by Sunday comics?

I seriously can't see how they are going to wrap up this TSA thriller by Friday.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

jyrque posted:

So what are the chances the strip will just keep going with weekday strips only, mysteriously omitting the other timeline presented by Sunday comics?

I seriously can't see how they are going to wrap up this TSA thriller by Friday.

His son will be in the shirt when he opens it tomorrow, and on Friday he's getting booked for illegal wildlife trade. (*slap bass outro*)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Look, it's a new machine but I know how to interpret its readings. It's gay. Gay for you.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

jyrque posted:

Pete left the Spider-Suit at home. He and MJ walk happily into the sunset together to fly to Australia.

Meanwhile Sabretooth arrives at their home, having followed the scent of the costume. He sits on the bed to wait for Spidey to come back, with no idea that there will be no new strips and he'll be waiting there forever.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Stan Lee is going to swoop in at the last second to wave him through the checkpoint, with a wink of his eye. Then it skips to Peter and MJ walking out of the airport and into the bright Australian day.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The metal detector is beeping because of the adamantium in Peter's bones. You see, while you all thought Peter Parker was secretly Spider-Man, that was just a ruse - he is Wolverine.

Next: Wolverine!

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

oh, there's the problem. we thought it was a metal detector, but it's specifically a stud finder.

This is good.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

oh, there's the problem. we thought it was a metal detector, but it's specifically a stud finder.

:golfclap:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They haven’t ever gotten on the dang plane yet

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I want the very last panel of this strip to be Parker just hanging brain for this TSA guy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

In that last panel MJ is looking right in the heart of the reader like "Can you even believe this poo poo?"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MJ and Pete both have their collars done up with no ties or anything and in that second panel they both like prisoners.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Lobok posted:

MJ and Pete both have their collars done up with no ties or anything and in that second panel they both like prisoners.

The Amazing Spider-Man: Epilogue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdEsGZhAO7A

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
If this comic ends with Spider-Man having his identity revealed by an overly pushy TSA agent I swear to God

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Saoshyant posted:

Goddamn. I don't think there's ever been a Spider-Man writer with as much contempt for the character as Dan Slott.

What does slott have to do with reign?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

RatHat posted:

There's a comic where future Peter killed MJ through exposure to his radioactive sperm so...

There's an in continuity story where Peter is killing MJ through radioactive sperm and he has to go get a cure.

Yes, that means there's multiple stories about Pete's radioactive cum.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Random Stranger posted:

There's an in continuity story where Peter is killing MJ through radioactive sperm and he has to go get a cure.

There's already a cure.

It's called pulling out.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
is he strong? listen, bums:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

evilmiera posted:

Stan Lee is going to swoop in at the last second to wave him through the checkpoint, with a wink of his eye. Then it skips to Peter and MJ walking out of the airport and into the bright Australian day.

That sounds like the sensible, appropriate thing to do, so it will never happen.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

bobkatt013 posted:

What does slott have to do with reign?

Nothing, I think he was talking about how Reign Spidey got killed off in a throwaway panel in Spider-Verse.

Random Stranger posted:

Wait, really?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

Nothing, I think he was talking about how Reign Spidey got killed off in a throwaway panel in Spider-Verse.

Wait, really?

Yes, really. It's the last story in the clone saga before Peter "retires" as the "clone" of the real Spider-Man and Ben Reilly as the "real" Spider-Man takes his place. It's also a 100% rip-off of If This Be My Destiny down to Doc Ock stealing the cure, taking it to an underwater base below the Hudson River, the base collapsing after the fight, and Peter having to lift the whole structure off himself to escape except instead of his radioactive blood killing Aunt May, it's his radioactive cum killing Mary Jane.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Random Stranger posted:

Yes, really. It's the last story in the clone saga before Peter "retires" as the "clone" of the real Spider-Man and Ben Reilly as the "real" Spider-Man takes his place. It's also a 100% rip-off of If This Be My Destiny down to Doc Ock stealing the cure, taking it to an underwater base below the Hudson River, the base collapsing after the fight, and Peter having to lift the whole structure off himself to escape except instead of his radioactive blood killing Aunt May, it's his radioactive cum killing Mary Jane.

From the last thread.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Random Stranger posted:

Joe Quesada: Well clearly the solution to all these terrible storylines that are alienating our readers is obvious to us all.... people can't relate to Peter being married!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I can't believe Peter Parker isn't Spider-Man!

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Peter's expression in the first panel is everything good and pure in comics.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
People can have tattoos on their torsos Peter

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
peter can't really recall that he is supposed to be spiderman unless he is wearing the costume. this trip to australia is basically that spiderman- no more! cover.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Yeah, he's like a service dog. The only way he knows whether or not he's on duty is by whether he's wearing his cute little vest.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s gonna turn out that there’s a radioactive spider hiding in his undershirt or whatever that bites the TSA agent. The replacement strip follows our new hero, TSA Agent Spider-Man

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

RatHat posted:

Actually aside from that I heard it's pretty good, with an old Peter coming out of retirement to beat up similarly old villains. It's called Spider-man:Reign

You heard wrong.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Those idiots. Of course I don't have my Spider suit on me. It's hanging from our apartment window to dry off.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

This is feeding me a very stupid aura

Nothing too explicit, but
:nws: https://i.imgur.com/Ix9W7u6.png :nws:

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I'm guessing that it's in MJ's luggage.
Also Peter should have been wearing a lacy bra.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Spider-Man left the universe in the Sunday Strip. It's just Peter now.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

maltesh posted:

Spider-Man left the universe in the Sunday Strip. It's just Peter now.

When Thanos snapped his fingers, only Spider-Man died. Pete survived.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Peter putting his costume on backward is perfect.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I don't often check in on NSM but I'm going to miss having it around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It's a GBS photochop thread in the making...