Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

What indie do I want making a Nintendo game?

Fuckin YACHT CLUB GAMES KID ICARUS OR STARTROPICS, MOTHER FUCKER

I'd like Subset Games to make a Pikmin or Pokemon spin-off game.

Or an Image & Form SteamWorld/Chibi-Robo crossover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

ItBreathes posted:

Unrelated question, is the a consensus best grip for handheld mode? I played the WiiU on the gamepad more often than not as it was super comfortable, but the switch just makes my hands go numb after a while.

Satisfye. On Amazon and its own site.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

creationist believer posted:

I'd like Subset Games to make a Pikmin or Pokemon spin-off game.

Or an Image & Form SteamWorld/Chibi-Robo crossover.

Give me a proper Pikmin game first

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Mega64 posted:

And get the combo with the case

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The port of Nuclear Throne is great. I can't find the secret button for Y.V's airhorn.wav plz patch this in immediately.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'd like a decent sale on Octopath Traveler.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I should make a video where I teach how to play necrodancer. I’ve done it for racing. Normal play should be easy enough.

If you’re having trouble you can always search for the “necrotome” which is a serious of tutorials showing you how individual enemies work by a guy called EladDifficult. He hosts the racing tournaments and I learned how to play from him more or less.

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
Necrodancer was great, easily in my top 5 of 2016, though I never ended up getting the dlc. I beat a full dungeon run with every character but Coda for the original release of the game. I felt fulfilled once I finally finished Aria's full dungeon, gently caress trying to do it as Coda. Bard was my favorite of the characters.

Am insanely hype for Hyruledancer.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
NIGHT IN THE WOODS

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Ada posted:

Necrodancer was great, easily in my top 5 of 2016, though I never ended up getting the dlc. I beat a full dungeon run with every character but Coda for the original release of the game. I felt fulfilled once I finally finished Aria's full dungeon, gently caress trying to do it as Coda. Bard was my favorite of the characters.

Am insanely hype for Hyruledancer.

Coda suuuucks. I could maybe pull off a Coda win in the original full game, but I couldn't do it in DLC for sure.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Macaluso posted:

NIGHT IN THE WOODS

Rules, except for Greg, he sucks

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Mega64 posted:

Skull and Co "GripCase" is also a contender

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I need to practice my necrodancer skills before the game comes out, I just sat down to play it again on the switch and I am so bad

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm not going to practice or even buy the original. I'm guessing that the Zelda one will be a lot easier so I'm just going to coast on that

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Waffle! posted:

The port of Nuclear Throne is great. I can't find the secret button for Y.V's airhorn.wav plz patch this in immediately.

Did they fix the screen scrolling to be smooth, or does it still have that horrible loving judder?

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib

Iron Crowned posted:

Rules, except for Greg, he sucks

??? gregg rulz ok

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Deified Data posted:

I'm trying to remember which game - I swear it was Megaman Legends (maybe the 2nd one?) where you only unlocked Easy after beating Normal. It was explicitly a gently caress around mode.

Pokémon White 2.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm not going to practice or even buy the original. I'm guessing that the Zelda one will be a lot easier so I'm just going to coast on that

There’s a demo for the original but it’s not on the NA eshop for some reason. I downloaded it on the Japanese eshop and it plays in English still.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Deified Data posted:

I'm trying to remember which game - I swear it was Megaman Legends (maybe the 2nd one?) where you only unlocked Easy after beating Normal. It was explicitly a gently caress around mode.

In MML it was Normal unlocked Hard, then Hard unlocked Easy where money was worth 4x and you started with the Buster Max item.

That game was so goddamn good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Megaman Legends ftw

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Stadia has doomed Nintendo.

https://twitter.com/nintendolife/status/1108821847091625985?s=19

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Nintendo shares drop every time Miyamoto farts. Can't believe they're even still trying, the fools

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Well at least they put the X and Y buttons in places that make mathematical/graphical sense.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm totally getting a stadia fwiw.

It requires 25 Mbps for 1080p 60fps? Ok that's fine, I can already see how that looks on twitch and YouTube I get 39 at home. I can just plug in a Chromecast and my SN30Pro and play whatever high end PC single player titles are not on my perfect Switch.

My only concern is is there a subscription or do I just buy the games? Does my YouTube premium include the subscription?

I get it, that poo poo is not gonna work for competitive shooters and fighting games, luckily those are two genres I do not give a gently caress about.

Also 4k 120fps is a complete pipe dream and a lie but I don't give a rats rear end about that, I don't even have a 4k television.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Can I use the new Google controller with my steam games on my old CRT television.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
this is the Switch thread

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

less laughter posted:

this is the Switch thread

I’m proud of you

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

play whatever high end PC single player titles are not on my perfect Switch.
And what exactly are those?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Never pay attention to share prices unless Nintendo announces they are insolvent

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
If it didn't happen after the Wii U then it will never happen.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

American McGay posted:

And what exactly are those?

Like probably the next elder scrolls or that space game from the new Vegas people, Sekiro, Yakuza, Resident Evil 8, etc(assuming any of these are on there)

Is there a Stadia thread?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Like probably the next elder scrolls or that space game from the new Vegas people, Sekiro, Yakuza, Resident Evil 8, etc(assuming any of these are on there)

Is there a Stadia thread?
Yeah but we're all making fun of how lovely it is.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Mister Facetious posted:

Did they fix the screen scrolling to be smooth, or does it still have that horrible loving judder?

It's hard for me to tell, between the screen shake and all the bullets flying. It seems ok?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It isn't lovely though, it's not existent. The lovely thing is the continued move away from any kind of ownership of your own software.

I see people dunking on it with graphs of average connection speed in various countries high fiving each other and every person doing this personally has like a gigabit.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
For some games that would be bad, but there are a ton of games I've never touched again after playing them the first time, so the service also interests me.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The idea of giving google access to literally anything else is sickening enough but then you look at killedbygoogle.com or whatever the site is and have to just laugh at the idea that Stadia will be around in five years time.

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib

It isn't lovely though, it's not existent. The lovely thing is the continued move away from any kind of ownership of your own software.

The only reason I would use Stadia at this point is if Google does any free game promotions or extremely cheap game promotions. I remember Onlive used to have sales where games were regularly $1 - $2 and at that point I figured I could spare a few bucks for a game that might go away eventually (and ultimately did).

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

The the hell is a Stadia

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

a Google project with vast, near unlimited potential, which will flounder for a few years before being quietly snuffed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wheeee posted:

a Google project with vast, near unlimited potential, which will flounder for a few years before being quietly snuffed

like my son :(