Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

JBP posted:

I'm gonna play this game in forty minutes have fun everyone

OH is it bud???

Edit: I typed ‘how’ but my phone is cracked and lovely so it typed that and I like it so I’m leaving it there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

played until i fought an old lady. Got sick of dying to her so i went the other way and now i cant kill a cow.
game is good and im going to go pass out now

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

can we get some pogchamps going in chat?

Elerion
May 31, 2011
Apparently I've played 4 hours. The game is loving hard.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Imhotep posted:

OH is it bud???

Edit: I typed ‘how’ but my phone is cracked and lovely so it typed that and I like it so I’m leaving it there

I only managed two hours since it was midnight but it feels good and I'm really excited to get into the meat and potatoes gaming this afternoon!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

whats a pogchamp

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cowcaster posted:

whats a pogchamp

poggers biblethump biblethump poggers

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Cowcaster posted:

whats a pogchamp

memery nonsense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcY7AyFojok

I think they may be releasing it early. lots of chatter on the steam discussion board about it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm interested but the lack of dressup might be a deal killer. :(

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

This game is real good

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Synthbuttrange posted:

Mods will be a thing (I guess unless you’re playing on console). And I doubt there will be any consequences for kids since there’s no multiplayer.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Don’t worry! Activision is involved to sell fashion via micro transactions.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

i just want more

fashion

souls

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Anyone getting weird mini freezes when the game is doing cutscenes like it switches camera angles and the game stops for a second.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

speaking of fashion souls does anyone else feel like the xanthous crown just got shittier with every iteration

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
How's everybody playing atm? Australian/Asian Steam?

Sepah
May 13, 2014
Release time for US got moved up, its in 4 hours now.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Sepah posted:

MEAT’S BACK ON THE MENU, BOYS

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Sepah posted:

Arigatou.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Sepah posted:

snap!!!! now I can't decide if I want to stay up late and play it or get up early and play it

sleepness
Feb 9, 2006

I need a programmer to hack the Sekiro mainframe and remove the FPS cap so I can utilize my monitors 144hz refresh rate.

It’s odd that this is FPS capped while DS2 and 3 weren’t

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Sepah posted:

:parrot:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Frog Act posted:

snap!!!! now I can't decide if I want to stay up late and play it or get up early and play it

I for one plan to do both. Make up sleep Saturday.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CharlestonJew posted:

the only thing I want to be spoiled on is how dragonrot works. do you have to die or is it resurrecting and then dying again that causes it?

It's dying at all, not just the resurrect. I don't know if dying, resurrecting, and then dying again is 2x the dragonrot though. But you can't just avoid it altogether by not resurrecting.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

sleepness posted:

I need a programmer to hack the Sekiro mainframe and remove the FPS cap so I can utilize my monitors 144hz refresh rate.

It’s odd that this is FPS capped while DS2 and 3 weren’t

DS2 and DS3 were fps capped in my experience. Maybe there was some third party stuff that uncapped it but I couldn't get either game to run above 60 fps

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Synthbuttrange posted:

This is going to be your life for the next 5 years

https://youtu.be/HsLSOcbi7pc

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
I went in blind preordering xbox version on EU launch.

Holy poo poo this is difficult and weird. But good kind, you'll get used to it.

From the start it makes you do things you wont even think about in ds3 or BB.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Deified Data posted:

I for one plan to do both. Make up sleep Saturday.

yeah that's probably what I'll do but there's something nice about starting a game fresh at like 8:00 am with a bigass dab

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
im getting my rear end kicked, god drat.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Do you guys think sekiro will have as long a shelf life as dark souls 3?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

eonwe posted:

Spoiler to ask a question about death penalty

So I will probably die even more than most and I heard there is a penalty for dying in that NPCs get sick, and that you can cure them with a limited resource. My question - can you completely miss out on progress, and how limited is that resource, do we know yet?

If I know From then I would treat NPC quests as something you're meant to miss the first time and replay for.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Gridlocked posted:

Do you guys think sekiro will have as long a shelf life as dark souls 3?

Have not played it but I'm gonna just say sure why not

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

RatHat posted:

It's dying at all, not just the resurrect. I don't know if dying, resurrecting, and then dying again is 2x the dragonrot though. But you can't just avoid it altogether by not resurrecting.

So is there any reason not to resurrect? Can you bank them if you don’t use them?

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
just watch it for a second
As someone who played an okay amount of the Soulsborne games, this game has an imitative feel that’s hard to shake for me. Like I’m playing Nioh or Lords Of The Fallen.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Look Sir Droids posted:

So is there any reason not to resurrect? Can you bank them if you don’t use them?

Full spoilers for this are available at this link

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

JBP posted:

I only managed two hours since it was midnight but it feels good and I'm really excited to get into the meat and potatoes gaming this afternoon!

Nice! I really can’t wait to join you guys when the game’s actually out my time, and post about how I’ve died *more than twice!*, I wanted to attempt to gently caress about with virtual private ninja poo poo, (also I agree with BP, it’s almost as boring as the framerate chat and all of the instructions on how to do it were already posted), but I decided not to and just meditated (slept) and then carved a hundred statues of Buddha for like 16 hours so I can stay up all night when I do get it in 3 hours and 23 minutes.

Also from the look of it, the boss you’d fight probably around the time you would fight Gehrman in Bloodborne is basically the Gehrman of Sekiro, or, he will test your willpower to continue if you’re not a true FromSoftware game lover.

Also I thought the English dub would be fine and interesting to do on my second playthrough, but there’s at least one annoying as poo poo NPC in a video I watched where the guy changed it to English. I still might though, but obviously doing Japanese on at least my first two save files.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
This game is way loving harder than dark souls lol

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
When I look at this game all I can think is "Man I could really go for a new Onimusha."

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Flytrap posted:

When I look at this game all I can think is "Man I could really go for a new Onimusha."

It made me go look up if any Tenchu games were playable on PS4. Ninja Gaiden was really good, too...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

vandalism posted:

This game is way loving harder than dark souls lol

It's already absolutely kicking my rear end.