Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
I apologize in advance if it's been asked a thousand times before, but are we gonna get more DLC down the line?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Cardiovorax posted:

Oh yeah, they do. You can just see it particularly well with the fence zombies because they'll just stand there forever and do nothing until you shoot, while I think the window grabbers walk off after a while.

It's the weirdest behaviour and I really wonder what quirk in the zombie AI causes that. They all take the exact same route, too. You can set them up to shuffle off-screen all in a row like a gaggle of zombie ducklings. It's almost like it's pre-programmed, but I have no idea why you'd bother setting them up for a behaviour like that.

I wonder if the devs included it as a way to be friendly to players so they don't waste ammo on Zombies that won't ever cause them any issues.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

il serpente cosmico posted:

I wonder if the devs included it as a way to be friendly to players so they don't waste ammo on Zombies that won't ever cause them any issues.
Would be a weird way to be friendly to players compared to just having them fall over in one hit or something like that, though.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Cardiovorax posted:

Would be a weird way to be friendly to players compared to just having them fall over in one hit or something like that, though.

There's a lot of them, though. So rather than one-shotting numerous zombs, you just fire one shot and they all go for a walk together

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

There's a lot of them, though. So rather than one-shotting numerous zombs, you just fire one shot and they all go for a walk together
Oh, I get where the confusion comes from. No, you misunderstood that. You have to shoot every single one of them separately, at least for the ones at the fence. That is how you can set up things like the duckling row. Any you miss just... stick around.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Castor Poe posted:

I apologize in advance if it's been asked a thousand times before, but are we gonna get more DLC down the line?

We still have no idea. There are a million clickbait articles and speculation that They’re Remaking RE3 And Code Veronica And Gaiden Right Now! but we don’t have anything to go on.

There was a very dark period between the YouTube announcement video of RE2R, and the game’s emergence as an actual game. Lost souls would run back and forth across twitch and reddit, proclaiming The Game Would Definitely Have Tank Controls Because. Hopefully this isn’t as bad.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Crappy Jack posted:

Also the implication that her friends are not warning her to stay out of trouble out of any concern for her safety and wellbeing, but because she's CLAIRE, and will undoubtedly gently caress up the day of anyone who so much as looks at her funny.

Going from the trending of her various adventures in the series so far, they're probably worried she'd get into three fights, kill several men, and end up inadvertently adopting an orphan.

Really, the only surprise there is that this time, it involved zombies.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Just lmao thinking about how we’re never gonna see Natalia or Moira ever again

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Which is kind of a shame, because Moira was actually pretty funny. "Ugh, did Barry tell everyone that story?"

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Cardiovorax posted:

Which is kind of a shame, because Moira was actually pretty funny. "Ugh, did Barry tell everyone that story?"

I loved Moira honestly. She’s my favorite as far as new generation of characters go. Put her and the crowbar in Smash

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Cardiovorax posted:

Oh, I get where the confusion comes from. No, you misunderstood that. You have to shoot every single one of them separately, at least for the ones at the fence. That is how you can set up things like the duckling row. Any you miss just... stick around.

Oh I got ya. That does seem more like an AI quirk. Maybe it has something to do with their path finding? Like, they aren't activated until you shoot them, and then they go looking for a path to get to you, but the only path is a road to nowhere?

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 22, 2019

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Just lmao thinking about how we’re never gonna see Natalia or Moira ever again

Nah, given current trending, we'll see Moira make her triumphant return in 2028.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Oh I got ya. That does seem more like an AI quirk. Maybe it has something to do with their path finding? LIke, they aren't activated until you shoot them, and then they go looking for a path to get to you, but the only path is a road to nowhere?
Yeah, it would make sense if it was something like that. It's not like they're really walking off to nowhere, it's the area you start in when you're playing a B-route. If it's anything, it's a pathfinding bug - it's just a very weird one. They'll all follow the same route exactly, just made me wonder what in the world might be up with that particular trio of zombies, or maybe the area they're in.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

We still have no idea. There are a million clickbait articles and speculation that They’re Remaking RE3 And Code Veronica And Gaiden Right Now! but we don’t have anything to go on.

There was a very dark period between the YouTube announcement video of RE2R, and the game’s emergence as an actual game. Lost souls would run back and forth across twitch and reddit, proclaiming The Game Would Definitely Have Tank Controls Because. Hopefully this isn’t as bad.

Lol at Gaiden.

Thanks buddy.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
I just got this last night and haven't gotten far, and I know what a wimpy question this is, but: The zombies and gore and all I can easily handle, but if I recall correctly, there were spiders at some point in the original, weren't there? ...Do I have that to look forward to? Cause I'm not particularly thrilled about the prospect.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

The spiders and the crows from the original are completely absent from the remake. No need to worry.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah IIRC the RE2 team said they wanted to bring them back but they couldn't figure out how to make them not look stupid so instead we've got other monsters. I guess crows didn't come back before aiming at them on console in third person would probably be a huge pain in the rear end.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
That's a-okay by me. Thanks.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

So I decided to give 4th Survivor another go the other day.

I should probably use a guide. But I made it into the police station and managed to finally get munched by God dam Ivys which if I'd remembered I had the Sparkshot I might not have died horribly but I think Stompyboi was not too far behind so :shrug:

I also hosed myself on a "No time to mourn" run early trying to dodge the licker and then wasting ammo on the poison Z's in the control room.

I need to :gitgud:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

First time through the game, 9 hours 20 minutes through Leon A. I may be bad at videogames :v:

Actually nearly all of my deaths came at Ada's godforsaken section. Then one hitting myself with a swinging crate (the subsequent loading screen mocked me over this)

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Mar 22, 2019

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Terra-da-loo! posted:

I just got this last night and haven't gotten far, and I know what a wimpy question this is, but: The zombies and gore and all I can easily handle, but if I recall correctly, there were spiders at some point in the original, weren't there? ...Do I have that to look forward to? Cause I'm not particularly thrilled about the prospect.
You're not the only person in the world with arachnophobia, so don't feel bad about it. But yeah, like Crowetron said, spiders are completely gone.

A kind of wish they had kept in the crows, though. They don't actually do much, but I always thought they really added a lot to the atmosphere.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
The crow hallway in REmake is pretty spooky.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah, I love that one. Every time I step in there, I forget to expect it, and every time I hear the "caw. CAW!" and just go "oh poo poo" to myself.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I like the bit in RE3 where a murder of crows smash out of a shop window, mainly because there is no apparent explanation for how they got in there in the first place.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Convex posted:

I like the bit in RE3 where a murder of crows smash out of a shop window, mainly because there is no apparent explanation for how they got in there in the first place.

Infected during a poorly-thought-out sale promotion - “our low prices are stark RAVEN mad!”

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I just figured they got it there the same way they ever get into any buildings they really have business being in. Virus magic!

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Is it the B or the A scenario where the crows smash through the windows in that hallway?

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
A scenario. By the time you get there on B the crows are settled and windows broken.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I beat Leon A without ever seeing the magnum or setting foot in what seems like a third of the Police Station. I’m partway kicking myself for missing so much content and partway excited to check out that stuff on replays.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The Kingfish posted:

I beat Leon A without ever seeing the magnum or setting foot in what seems like a third of the Police Station. I’m partway kicking myself for missing so much content and partway excited to check out that stuff on replays.

Both Leon and Claire cannot access a part of the police station the other goes to.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Cardiovorax posted:

Yeah, I love that one. Every time I step in there, I forget to expect it, and every time I hear the "caw. CAW!" and just go "oh poo poo" to myself.
It's a pity they didn't put crows in the remake. Like, not even as enemies necessarily, just having them around for ambiance would've been nice.

Policenaut posted:

Yeah IIRC the RE2 team said they wanted to bring them back but they couldn't figure out how to make them not look stupid so instead we've got other monsters. I guess crows didn't come back before aiming at them on console in third person would probably be a huge pain in the rear end.
Speaking of other monsters, I had a look at the concept art and I really like the look of the proto-lickers. That's something I'd love for them to do in a game, with various "evolutions" of enemies, like the Licker evolution in humans getting expanded upon with both proto-lickers and possibly a more advanced licker beyond what's been in the games so far. Similarly, the dogs could have dog lickers their own version of the licker, though obviously not just a big blind zombie dog with a long tongue.

Cardiovorax posted:

Moire and Claire are really cut from the same cloth, it's just that Claire wasn't raised by a dad and Chris practiced better gun safety.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Who gets access to Iron’s office? I think that’s the place I never went to as Leon.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It's a pity they didn't put crows in the remake. Like, not even as enemies necessarily, just having them around for ambiance would've been nice.
Yeah, I actually said the same thing just a post upthread from that. The crows were never threatening, but they did so much for atmosphere that it's really a total shame to lose them. I think they're one of the few enemies that are actually in every main series game until seven. Not even zombies can say that about themselves, because they were replaced by the Ganados in Four.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Moire and Claire are really cut from the same cloth, it's just that Claire wasn't raised by a dad and Chris practiced better gun safety.
Oh yeah, absolutely. There's a reason they paired those two for Revelations 2. In the same way that Natalia really clicked with a strong father figure like Barry (and having never had a father, I really love Barry,) Moira and Claire really supplemented each other as action girls. Less different from each other than they were the same, but where one emotionally faltered, the other could take over.

The Revelations series if often discounted as bargain bin shovelware trash, but when it comes to things like this, I really appreciate the screentime it gives to all the side characters that desperately need it.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

DeathChicken posted:

First time through the game, 9 hours 20 minutes through Leon A. I may be bad at videogames :v:

Actually nearly all of my deaths came at Ada's godforsaken section. Then one hitting myself with a swinging crate (the subsequent loading screen mocked me over this)

All of this is entirely respectable and normal on your first run. Keep in mind all these high ranked runs you see are from people who know the game and basically blast through in the quickest possible manner.

You only get to play it for the first time once - enjoy it friend.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

My first run was 8:30 or so. I managed to do less than 2 hours on my most recent S+ attempt. Totally repectable for a first run, definitely.

quote:

I would pay for the chance to do it twice, not even kidding.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Is there actually any way to erase your data or anything? It would be fun to go back and do things over again, like shooting the Mr. Raccons

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Aces High posted:

Is there actually any way to erase your data or anything? It would be fun to go back and do things over again, like shooting the Mr. Raccons
It depends on platform. If you're playing PC, just delete everything in "<Steam-folder>/userdata/<user-id>/961440/remote"

Then keep Steam from reloading your save data from remote. This ought to work, based on everything I know about Steam save structure. I'm frankly not willing to try myself, so don't blame me if unpredictable things happen.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The Kingfish posted:

Who gets access to Iron’s office? I think that’s the place I never went to as Leon.

Only Claire gets to go into Iron's office. Similarly only Leon gets to go into the jail.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Lord Ludikrous posted:

All of this is entirely respectable and normal on your first run. Keep in mind all these high ranked runs you see are from people who know the game and basically blast through in the quickest possible manner.

Yeah, I think it was actually slower than that on my first playthrough, though I suppose it didn't help that I started with a Hardcore run. Still managing to do S+ runs now though. The game really lends itself to making the player better at navigating the map, and dealing with enemies.

Cardiovorax posted:

Yeah, I actually said the same thing just a post upthread from that. The crows were never threatening, but they did so much for atmosphere that it's really a total shame to lose them. I think they're one of the few enemies that are actually in every main series game until seven. Not even zombies can say that about themselves, because they were replaced by the Ganados in Four.
I wonder if they dropped them for being way too annoying an enemy/not really meshing well with the rest of the combat of the game, without considering as pure ambience. I could see a swarm enemy like that being a real unfun pain in the rear end, on top of having limited use in RE2. For a RE3Make though, there should definitely be plenty of opportunities to make them shine. Hell, keep the whole thing with them making a bunch of noise if disturbed, but having monsters able to disturb them too, rewarding the attentive player with a warning of approaching enemies. Or making them paranoid and unsure whether they disturbed them, or an enemy did. Then make Nemesis smart enough to also pay attention to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Let me ask, for the purpose of my interminable rewrite project:

Which infected animal enemies should stay in modern RE remakes, and which should go? This applies to the whole series.