Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Anticheese posted:

You have been able to for a long time! :science:

I thought you had to go traveling through Space and Telescience Shenanigans to get all the pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Archenteron posted:

I thought you had to go traveling through Space and Telescience Shenanigans to get all the pieces.

I know the emitters and barrier pieces have existed since CogMap but I don't think the actual make-a-singularity bits were still around.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
It costs a lot of credits you can't do it unless there's a busy QM

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I forgot the rush of juking the security team while robbing them, using a heady mix of meth and space lube to both shrug off stubs and slip fools, all due to a misunderstanding with giving assistants potentially deadly chemicals as an experiment.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Isaac posted:

It costs a lot of credits you can't do it unless there's a busy QM

rndmnmbr posted:

I've got QM down pat, it's just there is a lack of fun things to buy when you're richer than Croesus.

*cracks knuckles* I'm ready.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Drone_Fragger posted:

all due to a misunderstanding with giving assistants potentially deadly chemicals as an experiment.

If I don't, somebody else will.

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

Drone_Fragger posted:

I forgot the rush of juking the security team while robbing them, using a heady mix of meth and space lube to both shrug off stubs and slip fools, all due to a misunderstanding with giving assistants potentially deadly chemicals as an experiment.
Last night as the clown I was able to run into security, tried to steal the donuts, and immediately the officer inside tried to beat me with his baton; I stole a segway and rode out the door and when he gave chase he slipped on my banana peel, after more public beatings and him demanding I give his baton back, (which he likely lost when he slipped on my banana peel) I showed him my funny pack and he took the russian revolver out from it, tried to shoot me with it, and killed himself

I tried to make peace with a bee balloon but he wished only for violence

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

0lives posted:

Last night as the clown I was able to run into security, tried to steal the donuts, and immediately the officer inside tried to beat me with his baton; I stole a segway and rode out the door and when he gave chase he slipped on my banana peel, after more public beatings and him demanding I give his baton back, (which he likely lost when he slipped on my banana peel) I showed him my funny pack and he took the russian revolver out from it, tried to shoot me with it, and killed himself

People often reference clowns that can kill anyone with nothing but a banana and a bike horn, but this? This is top-notch clowning, imo.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
when i read ss13 stories i imagine them as the best loving soap opera ever

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

0lives posted:

This, this right here is top tier clowning. The only way it could be better is if the head of security or the captain managed to space themselves while chasing you.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

verbal enema posted:

when i read ss13 stories i imagine them as the best loving soap opera ever

insanely handsome man with a clown nose/makeup: Janice, I can't hold this secret anymore. It wasn't my evil twin brother's rear end that killed Phillip..it...it was mine *chainsaw bursts out of back of pants*

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
it wasn't me. It was

MY TWIN

and my other twin
and a monkey
and a clown

and another clown

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

verbal enema posted:

it wasn't me. It was

MY TWIN

and my other twin
and a monkey
and a clown

and another clown

the true culprit is a lightly-fried pizza cake pizza cake pizza(repeat for 4 hours)

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
There was a terrifying mario head flying around saying "HEY PAISANOS" and it resulted in demanding sacrifices before the whole station was destroyed.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Top Hats Monthly posted:

There was a terrifying mario head flying around saying "HEY PAISANOS" and it resulted in demanding sacrifices before the whole station was destroyed.

Were you able to appease the great and terrible mario by Doin' the Mario? Swinging your hips from side to side?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I didn't think spaceman medicine had advanced to the point where the hips seceded from the legs and butt to be considered a discreet part of the anatomy of your average space dude.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

Were you able to appease the great and terrible mario by Doin' the Mario? Swinging your hips from side to side?

No, we were unable and the station was destroyed

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Top Hats Monthly posted:

you haven't seen the half of it

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
I was there for that round. After coming across one of those things in the halls, I decided that it was best if I just manned QM for the rest of the round and never looked out the window.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blastinus posted:

I was there for that round. After coming across one of those things in the halls, I decided that it was best if I just manned QM for the rest of the round and never looked out the window.

Great, now it lives in your mind forever.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
SS13: You're expected to break the server, it's just balanced so you can't do it alone

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Coasterphreak posted:

SS13: You're expected to break the server, it's just balanced so you can't do it alone

Does this sound like a challenge to anyone else?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I mean, it doesn't really take multiple people to make an infinite sandwich-naming loop, just one very dedicated person.

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?
g

Gooses and Geeses fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Aug 14, 2020

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Tenasscity posted:

Does this sound like a challenge to anyone else?

The challenge comes from when everything starts to break, then you start needing to robust or evade everyone.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
I had a really fun round as the radio host earlier acting out a radio play. I began the round as a propaganda mouth piece. Then the "People's Liberation Organization of the People", or PLOP, seized the radio and urged the crew to rise up. Eventually I had the CentCom CEO send some agents to "renegotiate" the crew's contracts.

Since the radio station is on a different z level I couldn't see what was happening but the radio chatter told me that the crew actually played along. I suicided when the shuttle was called to see what the station looked like and it seemed like the crew really did revolt. It was probably one of my most fun rounds in a while despite the fact that I never left the radio room.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
A story from the CM server about the new players:

"2 doctors clubbing a marine on the operating table with anesthetic tanks. The CE comes in to ask them what they're doing("we're operating"), which gives the poor marine the chance to get up and limp to safety. Seeing that their patient has escaped, one of the two doctors, without missing a beat, tables the other one, knocks him out, and starts carving his foot off with a combat knife."

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Pretending you are a doctor is a timeless method of murdering people

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Isaac posted:

Medicine and murder is a very fine line in SS13. And the two can often blur, depending on the course of treatment.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Medicine and murder is a very fine line in SS13. And the two can often blur, depending on the course of treatment.

I remember when I played as doctor because I wanted to learn how to do lifesaving surgery from someone who know how to do it, but then the other doctor in medbay asked me to teach him how to do surgery, so I shrugged and said sure.

I'm pretty sure he caught on that I was making it up as I went, but he remained politely attentive as I fumbled around with IVs and scattered Assistant bits all over the room. Later on in the round I saw him stabbing the hell out of some guy in the bar, and complimented his surgical technique.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Lie down here captain there's something lodged inside you

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Inadequately posted:

A story from the CM server about the new players:

"2 doctors clubbing a marine on the operating table with anesthetic tanks. The CE comes in to ask them what they're doing("we're operating"), which gives the poor marine the chance to get up and limp to safety. Seeing that their patient has escaped, one of the two doctors, without missing a beat, tables the other one, knocks him out, and starts carving his foot off with a combat knife."

Oh hey, I posted that. Here's an extra fun detail: the doctor who had his foot carved off proceeded to get up and continue wandering around medbay trying to operate on people for another 15 minutes before collapsing from bloodloss because he never sealed off his stump.

Also in one of the other operating rooms there was a fully nude marine covered in bleeding lacerations because a doctor had opened an incision on each of his body parts without anesthetic and then gotten bored and wandered off. He couldn't get out because his ID had been taken and the privacy shutters were down so nobody could see that he was in there.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

cock hero flux posted:

Oh hey, I posted that. Here's an extra fun detail: the doctor who had his foot carved off proceeded to get up and continue wandering around medbay trying to operate on people for another 15 minutes before collapsing from bloodloss because he never sealed off his stump.

Also in one of the other operating rooms there was a fully nude marine covered in bleeding lacerations because a doctor had opened an incision on each of his body parts without anesthetic and then gotten bored and wandered off. He couldn't get out because his ID had been taken and the privacy shutters were down so nobody could see that he was in there.

One of the best/worst parts of the recent influx are the Dunning-Krueger marines that jump into SL, SO, Doctor, etc as soon as they figure out how to opt into roles.

Meanwhile, me and my inferiority complex took 3 months to try out smart gunner :(

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Riatsala posted:

One of the best/worst parts of the recent influx are the Dunning-Krueger marines that jump into SL, SO, Doctor, etc as soon as they figure out how to opt into roles.

Meanwhile, me and my inferiority complex took 3 months to try out smart gunner :(

A guy got BE'd because he chose Executive Officer in his first ever round. He put on a suit of armour and the Captain told him to take it off. When he asked him how to take armour off the Captain just pulled his revolver and shot him in the face.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Isaac posted:

It’s often impossible to tell the difference between a surgeon who is trying to kill you and one who is genuinely trying to save you but doesn’t know how to use the interface very well.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I got blind drunk, stumbled about the station, tried to throw an oxygen canister at a clown, fainted, got dragged to medbay where they pumped me with saline solution but I still seemed to be hosed. Then I got dragged out of medbay and left to die on the floor outside, before a robot came along and stabbed me with a scalpel, which resulted in the entirety of medbay exploding.

A dimensional rift then opened and killed more people before the remaining survivors evacuated to the shuttle.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
And sometimes, especially in Robotics, you get the overzealous surgeons who assume that anyone who hops on a table wants his brain out. I was working on a guy who wanted robot legs, and another roboticist walked up and debrained the guy in two seconds while I was still fumbling with the stapler.

He was a moron, but you couldn’t deny his technique.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Isaac posted:

honestly it's almost boring. I once murdered 10-15 people in plain sight via delimbing by explaining to every passerby and security officer that their legs were unwell.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Blastinus posted:

He was a moron, but you couldn’t deny his technique.

ss13.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I think my favorite part of SS13 is the sheer quantity of songs that involve farts