Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
lol sportsnet put it behind their premium plus subscription only on top of your existing cable package channel. Way to loving go, IndyCar, you big loving idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

loving :lol: at everyone going super wide at turn 19

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Fauxhawk Express posted:

loving :lol: at everyone going super wide at turn 19

I'm waiting for someone to just drive straight through the esses forza-style.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I'd see it a lot Project Cars 2 online. Some dude once kept cutting the first chicane at Monza, slowing down to avoid the penalty, and carrying on.

After 3 or 4 straight laps of this, I gave him a nice assist into the Curva Grande sandtrap.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

gently caress yeah Herta gon win dis

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Fauxhawk Express posted:

gently caress yeah Herta gon win dis

Esp now that Power blew his driveshaft / transmission.

What a bad way to end the day.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Not happy with Hinch taking out Félix, but Power having trouble and Herta stepping up is cool

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Will needs to give the camera the double bird since he hasn't done it in 7-8 years. It's way more fun than him just regular ol' whining.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The funny bit about his rant is that it was doubly impotent. His car broke, and even if they didn't routinely close pits under yellow... the wreck was at pit in. They'd have closed them anyway.

Good race, good winner. Would've been a Rossi/Herta 1-2 if not for the yellow.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Nice drive by Herta.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
O’Ward drove very well too. Arguably his result is even more impressive considering his equipment.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Frond posted:

O’Ward drove very well too. Arguably his result is even more impressive considering his equipment.

Yeah, and the lack of preseason testing on his end.

There's a drat good crop of rookies this year, that's for sure

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

looget this top 10. So many dudes that desperately needed good runs. Its Good:

1 Herta,
2 Newgarden
3 Hunter-Reay
4 Rahal
5 Bourdais
6 Andretti
7 Sato
8 O'Ward
9 Rossi
10 Harvey

1 Penske, 0 Ganassi

Ericsson deserved a better finish, ran top 7 most of the day and looked racey.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the "gently caress You Tilke" Indycar Classic was a great success

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

SPM with Robert Wickens was a contender, SPM without Wickens isn't worth poo poo.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Worth watching the highlights? I know qualifying was a good watch, but I didn't wake up today until the race was over.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

iwentdoodie posted:

Worth watching the highlights? I know qualifying was a good watch, but I didn't wake up today until the race was over.

Yeah, definitely. It was a decent race.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

If noted shitposter Wirth1000, who hates everything about America, Americans and COTA thinks it was a good race, its a good race.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the race had a good winner but was otherwise entirely mediocre and forgettable

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Wirth1000 posted:

You hate everything so I'll actually trust this.

I loving hate COTA but turns out when you ignore the Tilke limits it actually seems fun.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

iwentdoodie posted:

Worth it only for watching that shithead Ferrucci bin it over the sausages and take himself out of the race.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

geeves posted:

Worth it only for watching that shithead Ferrucci bin it over the sausages and take himself out of the race.

lol i was wondering where he went

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Fortunately this thread has avoided it (mostly) but I’m annoyed at the people trashing the Indycars for being slower than the F1 machines at this track. It’s a stupid as hell comparison.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Although the same thing happened when CART went to Montreal for the first time to so eh.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Idk what anyone expected, they have a million times less downforce than F1.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

^^A literal ton (or more) less downforce, 200 to 250 less horsepower, and weigh 50kg more.

Frond posted:

Fortunately this thread has avoided it (mostly) but I’m annoyed at the people trashing the Indycars for being slower than the F1 machines at this track. It’s a stupid as hell comparison.

I haven't really seen anyone trashing Indycar for being slow, though there's a lot of Indycar fans being overly defensive about it. What I have noticed is a lot of people thinking that the lack of track limits was somehow bad instead of rad as hell. Like there's apparently people who just can't stand to watch a race if drivers aren't being arbitrarily and unevenly penalized for stupid poo poo.

Theris fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Mar 25, 2019

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I’m of the opinion you should stay within track limits, but on the other hand massive paved runoff sections allow for this to happen. What I’m saying is bring back sand traps.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Frond posted:

Its good though because F1 is hot garbage and it means the 'race' is over sooner

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

NBC posted an extended highlight package that includes pretty much everything worth seeing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dStwHNH0Vs4

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The decision to ignore track limits basically makes this another Cleveland, and greatly contributed to the amount of passing. It probably also prevented more yellows.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
Track limits will be fixed for next year. During the open test they didn't enforce track limits so they basically lost that ability to police it this year

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

IOwnCalculus posted:

The decision to ignore track limits basically makes this another Cleveland, and greatly contributed to the amount of passing. It probably also prevented more yellows.

At the start, I immediately oh poo poo this is exactly like Cleveland. I'd say keep the track limits this way.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

IOwnCalculus posted:

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed the race.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I really like the idea of saying "we don't want to arbitrarily police track limits so we're just not gonna." If you're going to pave a runoff area the size of Mars you could at least make it super abrasive like Paul Ricard.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
or put those curbs in them that occasionally caused lower formula cars to do hydroplane blowovers

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
The sausage curbs they added will launch you (one indy driver did a jump) they just need to put them more places.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Fauxhawk Express posted:

the "gently caress You Tilke" Indycar Classic was a great success

Once more, for the slow kids: Herman Tilke did not design COTA. The layout is entirely down to Tavo Hellmund and Kevin Schwanz. Tilke GmbH is merely responsible for the buildings.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Here's how you do runoff right

https://twitter.com/COTA/status/1109847743512629249?s=19

Also

https://twitter.com/COTA/status/1109843182404161539?s=19

https://twitter.com/IndyCar/status/1109845200946585602?s=19

And COTA renamed their twitter Colton of the Americas :thumbsup:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I thought that was a spoof account, loving :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Frond posted:

to be fair, if Indycar was somehow faster than F1, then F1 fans would poo poo talk indy for being too fast. Just learn that you can never win with euros.