Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

HookShot posted:

Hahaha I forgot that I watched last night's episode and not tonight's today, so I thought it was about the Poe answer and I read this reply and I was so loving confused for a minute.
TBH the Poe one did take me exactly 31 seconds for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I think Alex was right, you either get it instantly, or it takes forever. I got it instantly, but it really was on the basis of "well name one horror/suspense American author who's not Stephen King because Hitchcock is too old", I didn't actually know it.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

HookShot posted:

I think Alex was right, you either get it instantly, or it takes forever.

Same. Brain farted like crazy there.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

That final was harder than anything during the All Star games.

Duckman2008 posted:

Holy poo poo this. It was one of those answers where once you hear it, you’re like “oh that makes sense,” but the wording had me thinking about solar holidays vs tree holidays.
I think I got it last minute on a lucky guess. Like, all of a sudden as the Think music was winding down, the answer came to me, and I wouldn’t have had the time to write it down.

Also, apparently Lindsey is gonna be donating $1 to pancreatic cancer research for every weird comment wrt the buzzer that people are finding of her on the socials. Should I put her down for :10bux: from these dead gay comedy forums?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

GhostStalker posted:

Same. Brain farted like crazy there.

I think I got it last minute on a lucky guess. Like, all of a sudden as the Think music was winding down, the answer came to me, and I wouldn’t have had the time to write it down.

Also, apparently Lindsey is gonna be donating $1 to pancreatic cancer research for every weird comment wrt the buzzer that people are finding of her on the socials. Should I put her down for :10bux: from these dead gay comedy forums?

The answer is always yes to that.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Where did they find these people, in the alley behind the studio? :psyduck:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

packetmantis posted:

Where did they find these people, in the alley behind the studio? :psyduck:

Who gets that far without knowing what a binary star is?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

ill be honest. That random sound effect of the castanets they used for that one clue immediately registered as someone hammering the buzzer while watching todays episode.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Was I the only one hearing a squeaky buzzer all game??

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

zakharov posted:

Was I the only one hearing a squeaky buzzer all game??

It was a nightmare

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

is there a way to stream these? reddit guy got busted it looks like

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Abel Wingnut posted:

is there a way to stream these? reddit guy got busted it looks like

Apparently he got busted because an intern at the Paley Center wanted to write an article about the Jeopardy subreddit. He mentioned the guy uploading the episodes in said article as a prominent part of the subreddit, prompting Sony to crack down. I’m hearing that another account might pick it up soon though.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Like literally two weeks ago I went "you know what I'm going to finally download my episodes off DailyMotion in case they go down for some reason".

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Gandalf? Really?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Well, his name does mean "wand-elf." :v: I'm more concerned that no one in her class knew what an actor is...

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
These questions holy poo poo. What happened to the writers?????

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

packetmantis posted:

These questions holy poo poo. What happened to the writers?????

Edit: this was a late night post, looking back it probably was harsher than intended, so I’ll be removing it.

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Mar 27, 2019

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Boo

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I like how exasperated Alex was with the Irish names category.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Gaunab posted:

And he was so mad that the game was a runaway!

"World War II...ugh, they're all too young to remember" and then 2 of them got it right, take that! I missed with "Remember Pearl Harbor."

I'm kinda weirded out by Steven's demeanor but excellent game by him.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I thought it was that too. I associate MacArthur with the Korean War more than WWII.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

zakharov posted:

And he was so mad that the game was a runaway!

"World War II...ugh, they're all too young to remember" and then 2 of them got it right, take that! I missed with "Remember Pearl Harbor."

I'm kinda weirded out by Steven's demeanor but excellent game by him.

Ha I almost had it, but i went with “I’ll be back.” Right sentiment, wrong phrasing by a few decades....

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

If any of you guys are taking the contestant test next week, they had a test tonight just for West Palm Beach and someone put it on YouTube should you want to practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7WpeWoAIdg

I got 45/50! Here are the answers.

1 Ulysses Grant

2 rave

3 Watson

4 inflation

5 margherita

6 Israel

7 Druids

8 slander

9 Hercule Poirot

10 20

11 Viola Davis

12 McCarthy

13 mansplaining

14 Hiawatha

15 Bucharest

16 protons

17 Beethoven

18 Boston Marathon

19 Atlanta

20 Joseph Heller

21 Mojave

22 Whips

23 Macbeth

24 gluten

25 Stonehenge

26 EGOT

27 Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

28 Marconi

29 Heraldry

30 Alps

31 Rene Descartes

32 Frozen

33 NAACP

34 Valley Forge

35 Doyle

36 Bitcoin

37 Liliputian

38 Chrissy Teigen

39 Lucy

40 Banksy

41 Wonder Woman

42 Holy Roman Empire

43 Instagram

44 North Carolina

45 Hillary Clinton

46 23

47 humidity

48 Jurassic Park Place

49 Nabokov

50 Shake It Off

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Duckman2008 posted:

Ha I almost had it, but i went with “I’ll be back.” Right sentiment, wrong phrasing by a few decades....

I messed up the middle word with “I will return” instead. Close, but not good enough.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Gaunab posted:

It was such a good "Jim from The Office" look at the camera at the end there.

My husband blurted out the answer to final basically immediately, but seeing as Australia actually got bombed during WWII he knows a lot more about the war in the Pacific than I do whereas we basically learned "well it happened and we were super lovely to the Japanese" and that's about it haha.

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

HookShot posted:

It was such a good "Jim from The Office" look at the camera at the end there.

My husband blurted out the answer to final basically immediately, but seeing as Australia actually got bombed during WWII he knows a lot more about the war in the Pacific than I do whereas we basically learned "well it happened and we were super lovely to the Japanese" and that's about it haha.

Crap, 50% of what they bothered teaching you wasn’t even correct!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Holy poo poo, all three responses to Final today were beyond moronic.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

zakharov posted:

If any of you guys are taking the contestant test next week, they had a test tonight just for West Palm Beach and someone put it on YouTube should you want to practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7WpeWoAIdg

I got 45/50! Here are the answers.

28/50. I am not a bright person.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Huh got FJ right but without making the "Hercule"/"Hercules" connection.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Interpoltergeist :allears:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The Saturn V question, "powered by (whatever) in this state" -- wonder how the judges would have handled "Florida"?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

MisterZimbu posted:

28/50. I am not a bright person.

I find the test to be harder than the show personally.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

packetmantis posted:

Interpoltergeist :allears:

That category was awesome.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm registered for the tests next week - do you just log on at some point during those three days? Or do you need to pick a specific timeslot?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Poque posted:

I'm registered for the tests next week - do you just log on at some point during those three days? Or do you need to pick a specific timeslot?

Just log on 10 or so minutes before whichever time you want. You don't have to pick in advance. If you're late it starts without you.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Great, thanks! Guess I'm doing either Tuesday or Thursday. Can you take more than one?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

No.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Man, Jeopardy wants my picture this year, now I have to find a not hideous picture of myself.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

What a couple of buzzsaws in tonight's game. And poor Anna. To go through the entire audition process and buzz in twice the entire game...

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Well I guess no one can accuse James of shaving points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

zakharov posted:

What a couple of buzzsaws in tonight's game. And poor Anna. To go through the entire audition process and buzz in twice the entire game...

And one of them is thinking Germany invaded Britain to start WWII.