Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
okay.

but how do their ratings compare to Young Bigbang or whatever is the newest sit"com" on basic TV. Also has the avg age of their viewership broken the big 80 yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

morcant posted:

Okay neat, it's not just me or humans but all creatures, neat! Because lol, who the gently caress was ever going to tell me or anyone, "Hey when you're stressed out it'll affect you in X ways and it's not you failing as a person"

also holy poo poo yes. It has been a struggle every step of the way (with the help of lots of therapy) to even be able to think about anything without part of my mind screaming at me that I'm an ungrateful shithead and generally awful person for like, wanting to take some time for myself every now and then. I dunno how much of it is society and how much is my garbage upbringing specifically, but I'm willing to bet it's a delightful mix of the two

One of the problems with monetizing literally every aspect of everyone's life is that it adds stress to everything. Even things like self-care and wellness are now marketed and advertised so that you feel like you aren't doing it good enough and need to buy some app that helps you clear your stress better. Plus getting therapy means you get to navigate the US medical insurance system, which is intentionally confusing and full of nonsense and will probably end up with you spending way more money than you ever would have expected and have to call up 8 doctors to see if they are accepting patients and also take your insurance.

Conservatives are the "gently caress you and die" party and then people who vote for them are like "I didn't expect they would gently caress me and leave me to die!"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Sir Lemming posted:

BREAKING NEWS: Our Competitors Are Doo-doo Heads And We Are The Best

Rachel Maddow’s ratings suffer after Mueller report determined no collusion

Who the gently caress even watches TV below 30; lmao

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
People talk about the shows on Fox News but boy are the ads weird and insane too

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

TulliusCicero posted:

Something like 60% of fox news viewers are over 65. 80% of them are over 55.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I’m pretty sure Fox News just gives old people an excuse for why their kids and grandkids don’t want to visit them at holidays anymore at this point.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Every time you tell an old that FOX is straight 100% propaganda, their inevitable counter argument is "MSNBC and CNN are doing the same thing to you!"

I don't even have cable :shrug:

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Honest question: Does anyone in here even watch TV regularly? I haven't even turned on Netflix in a couple years now. The only thing i watched was Game of Thrones and I have zero interest in the new season. Thanks depression!

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

bobjr posted:

I’m pretty sure Fox News just gives old people an excuse for why their kids and grandkids don’t want to visit them at holidays anymore at this point.

Fox News talks to the old people who have alienated most of their family. Such as my parents.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/JoshuaHol/status/1111646979728293888

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Fox News and other regressive media is just white noise for sundowning egressives.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice
Talking 'bout fox? This is an appropriate experience of mine that just happened. Skipping work today to putz around the garden and headed over to Lowes for garden supplies. The treat that I got was getting to listen to the cashier and a person checking out talk about the Barr report. "What you want to read all 300 pages?" the cashier said and they both chortled. They I'm pretty sure they spouted off a Fox News point by saying something like "even if he summarized every page that's going to be like 30 pages! Which is just too much to say that he's innocent." Obviously my blood was boiling, but I wanted to get back to my garden and what do you even say in a situation like that? Both looked to be older than 50.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

Fox News and other regressive media is just white noise for sundowning egressives.

Is this a typo or intentional, because if it's intentional then :drat:

Either way I think I'll start calling them that.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Critical posted:

Honest question: Does anyone in here even watch TV regularly? I haven't even turned on Netflix in a couple years now. The only thing i watched was Game of Thrones and I have zero interest in the new season. Thanks depression!

I've got some shows I'm keeping up with, yeah. Most people do. Also Jeopardy.

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

quote:

It's official: Bestiality will become illegal in Kentucky.

Gov. Matt Bevin signed a bill Tuesday that outlaws sex between humans and animals in the Bluegrass State.

Senate Bill 67 prohibits sexual contact between a person and an animal, defining sexual contact as "any act committed between a person and an animal for the purpose of sexual arousal, sexual gratification, abuse or financial gain."

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/2019/03/27/sex-animals-bestiality-bill-signed-kentucky-governor/3285702002/

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Critical posted:

Good Place, Brooklyn 99, Seth Meyers, Colbert, Daily Show. All via streaming.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I was not ready for an epic clap-back from an inland body of water against the US President. I feel like I could just pass away now, there is nothing left to do.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Easy Diff posted:

I was not ready for an epic clap-back from an inland body of water against the US President. I feel like I could just pass away now, there is nothing left to do.

https://twitter.com/reeseer1/status/1111653879119265793

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

RIP McConnell's sex life.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
are suicides going up in america in general?

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

cargo cult posted:

are suicides going up in america in general?

We're at a 50 year peak.

Also CDC stats if you're interested.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db330.htm

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
If Mexico can stop all illegal immigration, why do we need a wall?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Sinister_Beekeeper posted:

We're at a 50 year peak.

Also CDC stats if you're interested.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db330.htm
Boy, it sure would be nice if the CDC were allowed to do some sort of study correlating guns and suicide. I wonder if there's some link between fanatical gun ownership and gun suicide deaths. Guess we'll never know. Thanks, Gun Lobby!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Earth posted:

Talking 'bout fox? This is an appropriate experience of mine that just happened. Skipping work today to putz around the garden and headed over to Lowes for garden supplies. The treat that I got was getting to listen to the cashier and a person checking out talk about the Barr report. "What you want to read all 300 pages?" the cashier said and they both chortled. They I'm pretty sure they spouted off a Fox News point by saying something like "even if he summarized every page that's going to be like 30 pages! Which is just too much to say that he's innocent." Obviously my blood was boiling, but I wanted to get back to my garden and what do you even say in a situation like that? Both looked to be older than 50.

It's fun that conservatives don't ever argue in good faith. One of their biggest constant incessant talking points about the ACA was that "THeY DidnT EveN ReAd It" and now they are talking about how reading even 30 pages is some incredibly onerous task that only a supernerd would do.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Easy Diff posted:

Boy, it sure would be nice if the CDC were allowed to do some sort of study correlating guns and suicide. I wonder if there's some link between fanatical gun ownership and gun suicide deaths. Guess we'll never know. Thanks, Gun Lobby!

While I truly think the link between suicide and gun ownership is real and pressing, I'm more concerned by the link between gun ownership and violence against a spouse or relative.

If you're a fanatical gun owner and you use one of your boom dildos to off yourself and yourself only, I'm glad you did it before you hurt anybody else.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

Stereotype posted:

It's fun that conservatives don't ever argue in good faith. One of their biggest constant incessant talking points about the ACA was that "THeY DidnT EveN ReAd It" and now they are talking about how reading even 30 pages is some incredibly onerous task that only a supernerd would do.

You just jogged my memory. They DID reference the "Obamacare" and said something like, "Oh, just like how you read about Obamacare right before you voted on it." Are you the one who has posted here saying that you track what's going on in Fox News land to keep track of their talking points? It's loving unreal that they are literally spouting propaganda talking points at Lowes.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

No Safe Word posted:

What makes you think her hands would be clean on anything her husband does?

That’s a very good point because even if she’s hands off of the business end now a-days she still directly benefits from the Saudi situation via Vince.

Other then her who else has been off the radar for the most part? She’s got to be one of the last of the original cabinet at this point right?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mike Lee torpedoed a pro life nominee for associate attorney general

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1111691260094545920
https://mobile.twitter.com/evanperez/status/1111625907557548033
https://mobile.twitter.com/adegrandpre/status/1111392562105987072

quote:

NPR reported that Liu early in her career had an affiliation with the National Association of Women Lawyers, which sent a letter opposing Justice Samuel Alito's confirmation to the Supreme Court. NPR also noted that Philip Alito, a son of the justice, works for a Senate subcommittee led by Lee. 

Lee previously servedas a law clerk for Alito when he was a judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit and for a year when Alito was a Supreme Court justice. 

Liu, however, signed a separate letter along with other Yale Law School alumni in support of Alito's nomination. 

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Mar 29, 2019

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mummy Xzibit posted:

While I truly think the link between suicide and gun ownership is real and pressing, I'm more concerned by the link between gun ownership and violence against a spouse or relative.

If you're a fanatical gun owner and you use one of your boom dildos to off yourself and yourself only, I'm glad you did it before you hurt anybody else.

Yooooo can you not

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

lol, nice job lee, your petty bullshit is hurting your party.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Eat each other

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Spiffster posted:

That’s a very good point because even if she’s hands off of the business end now a-days she still directly benefits from the Saudi situation via Vince.

Other then her who else has been off the radar for the most part? She’s got to be one of the last of the original cabinet at this point right?

She was always the "business" family member, and it's a family business. She's not hands-off on the family business any more than Trump is.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1111696539397881857

Somewhat unusual

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Critical posted:

Ya but mainly a 'watch something before bed to stave off the existential dread' sorta deal. Nothing like revisiting the time when I was an Asian teen living in Orlando in the 90s with my steak restaurant-owning father and neurotic mother to help silence the demons.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Critical posted:

Not really.

Having actively thought about it now for the first time in a long while: last time I watched broadcast Tv was the last Stanley cup game where the caps won.

Last TV based serial entertainment was Umbrella Academy which was like a month ago.

Mostly I watch some YouTube shows, read, or play video games (or D&D once a week). Or exercise.

I don’t remember the last time I went to the movies. Or even actively watched a feature film.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

TulliusCicero posted:

even 30 is too young. im pretty sure lots of people well into their 60s are cord cutters

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Dick Trauma posted:

I'm going to take it as a good sign that I can still get driven to blinding anger by Trump and his ilk.

That's a drat good sign - normalization and apathy are what to fear most. This can't be acceptable, and if it ever was acceptable, it cannot ever be acceptable again.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

quote:

Senate Bill 67 prohibits sexual contact between a person and an animal, defining sexual contact as "any act committed between a person and an animal for the purpose of sexual arousal, sexual gratification, abuse or financial gain."

They just outlawed hamberders.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Critical posted:

British Baking Show and Chopped

They've both inspired me to get more creative in cooking, which has been a new and great way to feel accomplished and useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The age of Trump has forced the AP to update their stylebook.

https://twitter.com/APStylebook/status/1111697063404818432