Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Trig Discipline posted:

Ariel falling down was the only interesting thing in that lip sync; otherwise it was two boring performances to a boring song. Glad Shuga stayed though.
It was indeed pretty lackluster, but Shuga's got the actual lipsync part of lipsyncing down. I live with a semi-professional singer who says that she's the only one this season who's ever looked like she's actually singing, with a singer's physicality. Unfortunately it's a technical oddity that isn't particularly compelling in isolation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
You know I enjoy a lot of moments here and there every episode but overall this season is super not compelling

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It’ll get better. It always sucks when there is like 8+ queens. Once snatch game hits the cream rises.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Pinwiz11 posted:

One thing I like about this season is that outside of Brooke Lynn Hytes everyone has some flaw in their game. Some of that may be editing and I fully expect some queens to come through ala S8 Naomi soon, but it's going to be vital to stay out of the bottom as they move forward because we're in a situation where anyone could go home if they LSFYL twice.

Brooke Lynn Hytes hasn't exactly killed the acting challenges tbh (her part in the Wakanda thing was terrible), also she is a skinny blonde white queen and a very vocal segment of fans have been screaming for a PoC winner now.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I really liked Ivey's sexy dinosaur drag. It was the right amount of hilarious absurdity and very on point. The category was literally "sexy nurse or other some such dumb sexist Halloween costume for women." Her voodoo doll failed though. I thought Plastique should have won.

Overall I think Ivey is my fav. She was extremely right when calling out Raja. Every season there is always some queen deluded enough to think she can lip sync past all her fails on her way to the crown. I hate it. But then again I suppose reality TV thrives on this personality type.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Really surprising to see all the girls miss the mark on a ballroom challenge. Some of these bitches need to watch paris is burning again.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
I don’t think watching Paris is Burning prepares you for dressing like a witch

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

warez posted:

Like wtf if you are in any way pumped to do anything after watching Paris is burning. I needed a couple drinks and a lovely comedy movie after watching it for the first time.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think plastique shows good personality everywhere but the runway. On the runway, she looks like dragbot or something. She looks great and she’s really funny a lot of the time but when it comes to the runway, she just seems to have no emotion

Flossie
Nov 8, 2008
I agree with everyone who thinks Nina should have AT LEAST been in the top three. Her witch outfit had me screaming "Yes!" at the TV, it was the only really great thing in the whole 33 looks.

They praised Plastique highly for her performance in the Wakanda challenge, but now it's all "resting on pretty" critiques. I genuinely did not understand the critiques Courtney Act got in Season 6 of "stop relying on that body". Courtney Act didn't rely on her body, she did great work in the challenges. Sometimes I think being too pretty harms a drag queen's chances.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
All of Nina's concepts were great, and her MILF was the best of the category. But I felt like her first two looks were too cheap looking to earn a win. I love a LSoH reference, but her Audrey II outfit looked like it was made from the discarded costumes of a middle-school production. Her witch was a cute and clever idea, but the fire applique looked almost as bad as her Leo look.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Mar 31, 2019

RICKON WALNUTSBANE
Jun 13, 2001

I can't remember who wore what for which section of this shitshow ball so here are some screenshots for reference. Best case scenario was getting a split-screen with a wide shot of the entire outfit and a closeup of the mug but that wasn't possible for some looks.

Sorted by queen and in the order of theme (Trampy Trick or Treater, Witch Please!, and MILF Eleganza aka Monsters I’d Like to Freak)

A'keria Chanel Davenport:

Vanessa Vanjie Mateo:

Plastique Tiara:

Scarlet Envy:

Nina West:

Ra'Jah O'Hara:

Shuga Cain:

Brooke Lynn Hytes:

Ariel Versace:

Yvie Oddly:

Silky Nutmeg Ganache:

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

warez posted:

It really does since the code is right in the category...

Ariel coming out in that what the gently caress dress for "Trampy", and Silky's too. None of it was trampy at all. Not to mention it's MILF 'Eleganza', not MILF mediocrity.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I still think Plastique was consistently the best in this challenge and was robbed. It just seemed like the judges gave it to Brooklyn because she walked like a ballerina down the runway. It's impressive, but it wasn't exactly germane to the challenge. Her final look didn't make any sense and was just sort of basic. She should have gone all in on the snakes and done a medusa look or something. All I got from it was Witch Part Deux.

It's amusing how Ariel totally did not understand the challenge at all. The category is not a simple polite suggestion. Just commit to the category and stop trying to do your own thing.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Brooke created characters and totally went all-in. I think her performance of the second gig is what clinched her win.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I wonder if Brooke would have been read for the pointe shoes if she had worn them for her final look. iirc back in the day when Sahara did a runway en pointe, it was an issue during deliberations with her standing around flat footed.

Granted Brooke's presentation overall was still a better use of ballet on the runway, so maybe not. I just like to roll my eyes a bit at everyone being mindblown over a queen going down the runway en pointe when it's been done before.

e: also in general I think Plastique sold the lewks more but Brooke gave them more than just lewks and that's why she won despite her MILF look not reading monster

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
:canada:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

given last week's critiques, it's really surprising that vanjie not only did the same glitterazi chest nonsense for three looks, but also dodged any meaningful criticism on the issue. never thought i'd say this, but get the girl a nina bonina brown chestpiece or a monet xchange bodysuit.

but her getting off easy was in a world where this:

... was considered to be somewhere in the top.

in the immortal words of tim gunn, these judges are smoking crack.

the escape goat posted:

Brooke created characters and totally went all-in. I think her performance of the second gig is what clinched her win.

i mean, i get it, because you really have to sell the garments on the runway and plastique just didn't do that very well, but creating characters and performing on the runway is what performance challenges are for. if we're only gonna have one ball a season, reward some of the fishy look queens.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

also yeaaaaaaaaaahhhh, Yvie's dinosaur costume was fun and all, and she sold it, but I'm honestly pretty salted she was in the top just so the judges could shout out the look, over Nina or Scarlet or A'keria who imo actually deserved to be there. Yvie's only good look was her witch one imo and even that was pretty basic, just styled really well. Her third look was bottom 3 tier.

Plastique's critique of resting on pretty bothered me as well when she absolutely could have won the dragged up movies challenge, and she was one of the only people in her group in the diva worship challenge who at least tried to do something funny, even if it didn't land.

tho tbf this is also the show where Michelle told BenDeLa they had no idea who she was on the runway and then said 'oh now we know who you are!!' when she came out dressed like a bug so :shrug:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

esperterra posted:

tho tbf this is also the show where Michelle told BenDeLa they had no idea who she was on the runway and then said 'oh now we know who you are!!' when she came out dressed like a bug so :shrug:

i forgot all about the bug and now i'm laughing thinking about it

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

That runway and look owned frickin' bones, but I will forever laugh at it apparently being the thing that finally made DeLa click for Michelle lmao

e: also agreeing that the ball challenge of all loving challenges should be the one where 'resting on pretty' is a boon instead of a bad thing

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
vbvv a vbbbvbbbbbbhbbhbbbbbbbbbbbbhbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbvbbbbbbbb a vbbbvbbbbbbhbbhbbbbbbbbbbbbhbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbvbbbbbbbb a vbbbvbbbbbbhbbhbbbbbbbbbbbbhbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbvbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb a c a bbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb a bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb a bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb a bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb &;;; the way;: the:: the'* aq nnnbbbbbnnnnnñnnbnnnnnnbb a nnnnnnnnnnnnñnnñbbññnvbv a bbbb a bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb a bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb a bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbabbbbbvvvv abbbbbbbb a bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb a bbbbbvvvvvvvb a bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb, a,bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbvbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ICHIBAHN posted:

vbvv a vbbbvbbbbbbhbbhbbbbbbbbbbbbhbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbvbbbbbbbb a vbbbvbbbbbbhbbhbbbbbbbbbbbbhbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbvbbbbbbbb a vbbbvbbbbbbhbbhbbbbbbbbbbbbhbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbvbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb a c a bbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb a bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb a bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb a bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb &;;; the way;: the:: the'* aq nnnbbbbbnnnnnñnnbnnnnnnbb a nnnnnnnnnnnnñnnñbbññnvbv a bbbb a bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb a bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb a bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbabbbbbvvvv abbbbbbbb a bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb a bbbbbvvvvvvvb a bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb, a,bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbvbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

hell, same

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Sat on phone, sorry huns

Guilty
May 3, 2003

esperterra posted:

also yeaaaaaaaaaahhhh, Yvie's dinosaur costume was fun and all, and she sold it, but I'm honestly pretty salted she was in the top just so the judges could shout out the look, over Nina or Scarlet or A'keria who imo actually deserved to be there. Yvie's only good look was her witch one imo and even that was pretty basic, just styled really well. Her third look was bottom 3 tier.

Nina's was super camp and amazing, but it was not Trampy.

Yvie's Dinosaur was the challenge to a T, I think a lot of people are not realizing that. Ru said to make trampy versions of trick or treat costumes. Yvie's costume with that weird harness thing and tits hanging out and slutty soccer mom make up and her string so far up her crack her cheeks are bulging out was super trampy. That costume and the acting schtick were trick or treaters. You dress up in a t-rex outfit and try not to do a short arm gag. It nailed the category on the head.

The witch outfit was barely styled at all. She has no jewelry, barely any make up, no accessories, just a hat, the hair and the glove.

Yvie really hosed up the MILF category true.

Really going over the posts above, the only two who nailed all three categories was A'keria and Plastique. Most contestants dropped the ball on one of the categories. Brooke is debatable

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Fair points tbh. But out of Nina and Yvie I think Nina hit two of the three categories way better than Yvie did.

For me, personally, Yvie's look was also more camp than tramp, though she looked much sluttier than Nina so I'd still give her the first look over Nina's-- as much as I loving loved her Audrey II look it did not read slutty costume at all.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

the escape goat posted:

OK put your hair up and square up because CASSANDRA IS A NATIONAL TREASURE SHE IS SEASONED NOT OLD WHAT NO I DON'T FEEL STRONGLY ABOUT MY QUEEN AT ALL
(Really though, I can't even imagine how heinous Silky would be to her, especially with her sudden "I'm a woman of god!" thing)

Link

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
The person who nailed trampy halloween costume was absolutely Plastique for coming out as a straight up Playboy bunny. The prompt is "those costumes that girls use as an excuse to show off their t&a in like 50 degree weather" and my mind immediately jumped to the "i painted whiskers on my face with a dull eyeliner pencil and put on cat/bunny ears and then wore my shortest skirt and a sports bra" costume that half of the girls in my high school did.
Yvie's look was kind of a mess, but it's in the spirit of bare minimum of a costume so I'll give it a pass. A'keria and Rajah hit the mark on that, too.

Also was I the only one who got "genie" from Shuga Cain because I don't remember a single person on the episode saying that, only that they didn't get troll doll.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

curiousTerminal posted:

The person who nailed trampy halloween costume was absolutely Plastique for coming out as a straight up Playboy bunny. The prompt is "those costumes that girls use as an excuse to show off their t&a in like 50 degree weather" and my mind immediately jumped to the "i painted whiskers on my face with a dull eyeliner pencil and put on cat/bunny ears and then wore my shortest skirt and a sports bra" costume that half of the girls in my high school did.
Yvie's look was kind of a mess, but it's in the spirit of bare minimum of a costume so I'll give it a pass. A'keria and Rajah hit the mark on that, too.

Also was I the only one who got "genie" from Shuga Cain because I don't remember a single person on the episode saying that, only that they didn't get troll doll.

I thought she was going for Hindu goddess Kali.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
It just occurred to me that maybe the dinosaur look was a Priscilla reference?

Edit: nm, that was more of a gila monster than a dinosaur.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

garthoneeye posted:

That's what I got too.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

sportsgenius86 posted:

I think plastique shows good personality everywhere but the runway. On the runway, she looks like dragbot or something. She looks great and she’s really funny a lot of the time but when it comes to the runway, she just seems to have no emotion

I only just realized how much the wrestling fan in your avatar resembles Junior LaBeija shouting about opulence

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

ALFbrot posted:

I only just realized how much the wrestling fan in your avatar resembles Junior LaBeija shouting about opulence

Undertaker's entire career was super campy and o-p-u-l-e-n-t, so it works imo

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Excuse me but I believe that it's spelled oppalanz???

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
now I just wanna see somebody vogue down the ramp and somehow pin somebody with a death drop

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

ALFbrot posted:

now I just wanna see somebody vogue down the ramp and somehow pin somebody with a death drop

can it please be Tyler Breeze showing up as a guest judge.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

garthoneeye posted:

"Slutty Death, Destroyer of Worlds" is going to be a hit this halloween.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

angerbeet posted:

Slutty Death

If you tell people my true name it gives them powers over me

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

ALFbrot posted:

Let me introduce you to Sonny Kiss.
Greatest entrance ever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5dADHLEcIA
Pinning his opponent with a death drophttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vncz6HLYNE&t=590s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Youth Decay posted:

Let me introduce you to Sonny Kiss.
Greatest entrance ever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5dADHLEcIA
Pinning his opponent with a death drophttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vncz6HLYNE&t=590s

The announcement that Sonny was going to be in AEW made me so happy.