Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
Why complicate it? I understand if you want to trade an item for another but if it's just for plat they just need a market board.

Let me put my poo poo up and set a price and people can buy it if they want. Likewise let me put up WTB posts and people can fill them if they want. Even if I had a keyboard plugged into my PS4, I'm not going to make any friends haggling over an item trade because I want that poo poo over and done with so I can go back to playing with my new toys.

I know they don't want it but forcing people to be online and manually trade items is just painful in any iteration and takes away time from actually playing the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
It’s because a way to trade without wasting a bunch of your time would crash the plat market and plat is worth actual money. Likewise they want people to play the game more, to say gently caress it and just spend money.

It’s similar reasoning to why POE refuses to make trading less obnoxious, increased playtime and retention leads to increased sales.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Lightning Knight posted:

It’s because a way to trade without wasting a bunch of your time would crash the plat market and plat is worth actual money. .

How so? Making trading easier still requires people to spend plat. Someone has to buy it in the first place as you can't earn it in game.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Friendly Fire posted:

How so? Making trading easier still requires people to spend plat. Someone has to buy it in the first place as you can't earn it in game.

Because it will make it so that there’s a lower barrier to entry on trading, which will make it easier to undercut the market. Additionally if there’s a lower barrier to entry there will be more people selling in general.

I should say that I don’t know that such a thing will occur, admittedly. Or it may occur but slowly. But it’s one of the most common reasons trader players cite to oppose auction house type systems.

I think there should be an auction house for the record.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
The counter argument to that is, more people participating means more people buying plat in order to participate. Even if the price tanks a little it should be offset by volume.

I mean, at the moment the market is so loving annoying I just sell all my extra prime parts for Ducats and I never buy stuff for plat off other players. If there was an auction house style of thing I'd be far more likely to participate and the urge to impulse buy is a big thing.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Friendly Fire posted:

The counter argument to that is, more people participating means more people buying plat in order to participate. Even if the price tanks a little it should be offset by volume.

I mean, at the moment the market is so loving annoying I just sell all my extra prime parts for Ducats and I never buy stuff for plat off other players. If there was an auction house style of thing I'd be far more likely to participate and the urge to impulse buy is a big thing.

I mean I think it’s a stupid reason to not have an auction house, but DE have been pretty clear that they aren’t doing it and I can only imagine their internal numbers say having one would lose them money.

Then again they said we’d never get universal vacuum so who the gently caress knows.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

This Gift of the Lotus Defense mission on Mars seems rigged. The guy we're defending has no shields and dies incredibly quickly. Even when I've been in a group with a frame that murders everything in sight instantly we still lose.

Frost's bubble seems key but as soon as the Frost in the group slipped it was a failure.

Jolo fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Mar 30, 2019

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Can you still use Limbo to rift him?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I swear the defense target is programmed with pubbie AI

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I've beaten it twice with Gara, give me a heads up if you want some help.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004

KDdidit posted:

I swear the defense target is programmed with pubbie AI

It just moves so fast when it sees a target to attack it gets itself into trouble. I've had it go both ways.One where it lasted only 2 rounds and one where it never lost more than 100 hitpoints the whole time.

I used Rhino and just kept stomping and roaring every time I get near the NPC to freeze all the hostiles and help my team mates kill them faster.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I got the defense mission just fine the second time. The same group came back and we paid closer attention after the shock of the first failure. In a way it was good that the group stuck together, usually people rage quit and there’s no guarantee the next group knows that despite it being a lower level mission, it’s not a walkover.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Jolo posted:

This Gift of the Lotus Defense mission on Mars seems rigged. The guy we're defending has no shields and dies incredibly quickly. Even when I've been in a group with a frame that murders everything in sight instantly we still lose.

Frost's bubble seems key but as soon as the Frost in the group slipped it was a failure.

I trapped his dumb rear end in a Gara Mass Vitrify. That worked just fine.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
I failed it twice with pubbies despite following the target everywhere and using my noodles to go full Katamari Damacy on the enemies. He just seemed to go from full to dead really quickly.

I managed to do it solo using Oberon, just following him around and healing him constantly. It got hairy a few times mostly because of the Grineer maniacs but doing it solo meant there were less spawns to deal with that could one shot him.

pech
Jul 19, 2004

I played as equinox with my friend as saryn and our auras worked well. Flamethrower kind of weapons were really helpful too.

I have done like 40 runs of profit taker 2 and still haven’t gotten one atmo system. :anime:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Jolo posted:

Gara/Trinity (Blessing)/Frost/x, you’ll laugh at how dumb it is.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Thanks for the advice. I have an unleveled Frost and a leveled Trinity Prime, that's should work better. I was using Excal's blind but it wasn't enough.

Edit: Got it with Trinity, but it was one of those groups where I probably would've got it while spinning in circles shooting at the walls. The Excalibur skins are snazzy.

Jolo fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 30, 2019

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

pech posted:

I played as equinox with my friend as saryn and our auras worked well. Flamethrower kind of weapons were really helpful too.

I have done like 40 runs of profit taker 2 and still haven’t gotten one atmo system. :anime:

Jesus, are they tradable? I'll just loving give you two if I can.

pech
Jul 19, 2004

Raptor1033 posted:

Jesus, are they tradable? I'll just loving give you two if I can.

Nope and I need 4, which is 2 drops lol

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

pech posted:

Flamethrower kind of weapons were really helpful too.

Do you have Combustion Beam? It works with Ignis, and is loving stellar.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Should I use the Broken War to make a War?

I heard that farming for a Broken War is annoying and I don't really really need a Broken War due to me having my Zaw so yeah...

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
If you don't plan on using B. War ever again, but from what I've read, you're getting rid of the best sword in the game with a free potato, for the 4th best heavy sword in the game with no potato.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Anora posted:

If you don't plan on using B. War ever again, but from what I've read, you're getting rid of the best sword in the game with a free potato, for the 4th best heavy sword in the game with no potato.

:smith:

Bleh, can't choose.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
If you decide to farm, a side benefit is you'll have lots of opportunities to get invaded by Stalker to try and get that ephemera. From someone who farmed the spare, you can do one and done missions like extermination for more stalker(and Wolf I s'pose) spawn chances. Or you can do an endless like survival and the sentients will attack every 5-6 minutes. If you wind up with more of one of the parts than the other, you can sell them to pubbies for acceptable plat.

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

I'm getting my head around trading for plat. Is it better to sell on warframe market or in game or both? Am I right in thinking the thing to do is invite the buyer to the dojo and do the trade there?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

:smith:

Bleh, can't choose.
Leave it until you've been playing a while longer. Generally by the time you get the War BP, you already have many, many swords which are better than Broken War that you've potatoed yourself.

It is a nice sword, but later on down the line you're going to want War for the mastery as well as the gotta catch 'em all mentality you develop.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Leave it until you've been playing a while longer. Generally by the time you get the War BP, you already have many, many swords which are better than Broken War that you've potatoed yourself.

It is a nice sword, but later on down the line you're going to want War for the mastery as well as the gotta catch 'em all mentality you develop.

Oh boy do I feel like I already have that...

On a side note, I had two blueprints for Limbo Prime. I sold one for ducets yesterday. Today I built all of the parts for Limbo Prime only to realize that I did in fact not sell one but both of them. So now I need to re-farm the blueprint again.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Eesh, isn't he going into the vault in like a day?

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
is there a goon switch clan and if so how do i join that? Also, complete scrub question, but any tips for the jupiter junction boss? I'm getting 1 shotted even with a lvl 18 rhino, MR5 if that helps

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Raptor1033 posted:

Just farmed him back, so allllll good :unsmith:.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Raptor1033 posted:

Frost and Ember just got vaulted, seems weird to flop Limbo in there too.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

clusterfuck posted:

I'm getting my head around trading for plat. Is it better to sell on warframe market or in game or both? Am I right in thinking the thing to do is invite the buyer to the dojo and do the trade there?

Market is better for selling I've found, list your stuff there and wait for messages. Folks will contact you directly in game for those listings as well, so marking yourself in market as in-game when you log in and online/invisible when you log out can make a biggish difference.

When setting prices, I've found it better to look at what people marked as in game or online are offering and not what the folks who haven't come back to the market in weeks set as their low low price which you can never get in reality.

Guilty posted:

is there a goon switch clan and if so how do i join that? Also, complete scrub question, but any tips for the jupiter junction boss? I'm getting 1 shotted even with a lvl 18 rhino, MR5 if that helps

Yes, what's your in game name? One of us can invite you. There is an active discord, you can ask there as well: https://discord.gg/vu2rTF

Excalibur's Radial Blind stuns junction specters and leaves them open to melee finishers, cheesing them.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Anora posted:

Frost and Ember just got vaulted, seems weird to flop Limbo in there too.

Frost and ember were a limited time unvaulting. A current normal prime enters the vault when a new prime comes out. So with tomorrow’s equinox prime, one gets locked away. I think I was wrong though, I think oberon’s getting vaulted.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Frost and Ember are limited time unvaulting promotions. Oberon, along with Sybaris and Silva & Aegis, are going into the vault when Equinox comes out. Eventually. Maybe.

Just loving release her already

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Mailer posted:

Frost and Ember are limited time unvaulting promotions. Oberon, along with Sybaris and Silva & Aegis, are going into the vault when Equinox comes out. Eventually. Maybe.

Just loving release her already

Today dude, like 6 hrs. Calm yourself my dude

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Apr 2, 2019

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Raptor1033 posted:

Today dude, like 6 hrs. Calm yourself my dude

It's now the 3rd. They missed their deadline. I demand a refund! This act of betrayal will not stand!

(Not actually mad, beyond the madness that bounties have driven me)

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
That’s good to know, the plan was to blow all my syndicate standing on relic packs when I got home. Now I can smush my face against sekiro bosses instead

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Bleh, one piece away from our goat Lord prime. loving AXI OH or whatever it was never dropping it...

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Mesadoram posted:

Bleh, one piece away from our goat Lord prime. loving AXI OH or whatever it was never dropping it...

Hit me up the next time you see me online in the clan list, I should have 6 or 7 Axi O4 sitting around I'll give you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Just curious if people tend to crank up the FOV setting? Last night when playing, for some reason it felt like I was "zoomed in" more than normal and I wondered if one of the updates had changed the FOV settings. I cranked it up but I can't decide what I prefer.