Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
If Smash/Zelda didn't already exist I'd have bought a switch just to play the Prime Trilogy on it so please be true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

The Oracle games are good as hell on 3DS/emulators because you can use save states to cheat the dancing minigames :getin:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Macaluso posted:

I mean to be fair, there plenty of levels in the original Yoshi's Island where you could do this too

I don't think you could, gravity was a lot harsher in YI so you lose height way faster.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they should also put mario galaxies on switch. there were no other wii games right. that just leaves tokyo mirage sessions and more mario kart dlc

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
So if they make a new Tokyo Mirage Sessions would it be another Nintendo franchise? I’d be so loving in for Tokyo Mirage Sessions #DK

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/JimmyDPooper/status/1112736608892186625

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Wii also had Sin and Punishment 2 which I never played but lots of people liked. Skyward Sword, WarioWare, and a bunch of weird spinoffs to series like Castlevania, Soul Calibur, and Resident Evil.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Hey so I have some Japanese eshop cards and they aren't working. I have set up a Japanese user account, access the Japanese eshop, I enter the cards and I get the screen saying they are worth 5000yen and when I click to redeem them I get an error 2813 6838. Is there anything I can do?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
For the love of

In Hellblade you play a Pict woman! Someone whose home the Vikings raided! It changes the context of her journey to Hellheim completely!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
LttP collection with LttP + Rando, LBW, and Four Swords Adventures

Pleeeeease.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
The fiancée and I are considering getting Overcooked. Is the game playable and enjoyable with only 2 players? If not, is there a good alternative on the eshop? We're kinda sick of Minecraft and Stardew Valley, we'd like to sink our teeth into something different.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sorry to hear about your former fiancee

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Castor Poe posted:

The fiancée and I are considering getting Overcooked. Is the game playable and enjoyable with only 2 players? If not, is there a good alternative on the eshop? We're kinda sick of Minecraft and Stardew Valley, we'd like to sink our teeth into something different.

hope you have a good return policy on the ring

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Castor Poe posted:

sign the prenup first

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I know it's a meme at this stage but playing Overcooked led to one of the only times I've ever been genuinely infuriated with my GF

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Castor Poe posted:

Me and my partner have had a great time with both toad and donkey Kong. I can also recommend LA Noire, it’s fun to take turns examining the crime scene and helping each other with finding evidence and interrogating suspects.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Overcooked is a pretty incredible game, extremely easy recc. I have absolutely gone on some Gordon Ramsay poo poo when playing with my friends, though :ramsay:

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
drat, I had no idea Overcooked had such a bad rep.

Star posted:

Me and my partner have had a great time with both toad and donkey Kong. I can also recommend LA Noire, it’s fun to take turns examining the crime scene and helping each other with finding evidence and interrogating suspects.

I've tried to get her into DK, but she's kinda bad at platformers and ain't exactly fond of them. I had totally forgotten about Captain Toad. She digs puzzle games, should be right up her alley. Thanks!

Dr Cheeto posted:

Overcooked is a pretty incredible game, extremely easy recc. I have absolutely gone on some Gordon Ramsay poo poo when playing with my friends, though :ramsay:

Should we just skip the first one and get the sequel?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I've never heard of Star Soldier.

I have to admit I use the NES Online much, much less than I ever thought I would even though I think it's a pretty neat thing to have. I think a big part of that is when I got my NES mini and realized oh wooooow NES games were not good 90% of the time (I grew up with a NES but hadn't played one in a really long time)

There's this weird effect with old games where when they're all available at once I play like 4 minutes, die and go "eh gently caress it". If I had purchased them on the eshop, even for like $2, I put a bit more effort into them.

Castor Poe posted:

Last year one of my best friends who moved to the US got married and a lot of the people in the wedding party who never played games and are all doctors got EXTREMELY into overcooked. Like saying "OK you handle the pans this level, I'll do the plates, who has the lettuce OK TEAM" it was all incredibly American and fun.

I took it back home and tried to play with my friends and oh my god I got so frustrated we didn't finish a single plate ON THE FIRST LEVEL and everyone got really sensitive over someone going "HEY PICK UP THE MEAT IT'S BURNING" and people were like why are you yelling at me I'm still learning and this is a group of 30 something men with jobs and families

Good luck with your fiance

Edit: To be clear the game "has a bad rep" in that it makes people fight in hilarious ways. It's a very good game but you'll never realize what comes out of you

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Apr 3, 2019

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

lol imagine getting angry about coop party games.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Castor Poe posted:

Should we just skip the first one and get the sequel?

Probably, yeah. It does a better job of teaching you how to play and presents you with more realistic goals in the beginning of the game for sure.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

It's not a proper party game unless the players want to actively murder at least one of the group by the end of it for What They Did.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

I see you've never played Mario Party

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

sponges posted:

You poo poo talkin’ Urban Champion, bro?

There is no other way to talk about it :colbert:

Tayter Swift posted:

Can they get to pinball already?

Ok, are we the only two people who appreciate and actually like (maybe love?) NES black box Pinball? Yeah, the physics are floaty, but whatever... I loving love that game, and I don't think I've ever gotten all the 5 cards turned over at once. Goals!

EDIT: Any idea what the April NES Famicom Online games are in Japan?

EDIT 2: Looking around, it looks to be literally the same offering, except they'll be getting the FC version of SMB2/LL. Which... what? Isn't Lost Levels famicom-only? Or was it officially made for the NES, and just not brought here?

Basically, is there a difference between SMB2 (original) and LL, on the NES? I know the All-Stars version made some changes.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Apr 3, 2019

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008
My wife and I played through Overcooked and OC2 and had a blast 3 starring everything (now slowly trying to 4 star things in OC2). Both are extremely worth getting, but be aware that you can’t throw things in the first one. That was an added mechanic for the sequel, so if you end up using that a lot it might be harder to go from 2>1.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Bare knuckle brawls are part of the Mario Party experience.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

When are they porting Dokapon Kingdom to the Switch? I'd like to re-alienate all my friends.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Overcooked is legitimately stressful to me. I dont like it because it always makes me feel like I let my team down :smith:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

American McGay posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ggNiRB3rWs

While some might see this as an example of how the game is too easy and bad, I actually think this makes the game even better. I had fun making this video. Once I beat the game I might go through and see how feasible it is in every other level.

Every time I see something about this game it confirms not getting it was the right move. So cute, great soundtrack, but nah.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Overcooked is legitimately stressful to me. I dont like it because it always makes me feel like I let my team down :smith:

That is what makes me love it. That and all of my friends laughing when they fail and seeing me quietly go back to my drink in frustration/disgust.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dr Cheeto posted:

For the love of

In Hellblade you play a Pict woman! Someone whose home the Vikings raided! It changes the context of her journey to Hellheim completely!

This

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I played through Overcooked 1 with my wife and we (mostly) had a great time of it, though there are a couple levels that lead to some deathly silent evenings after we botched it sixteen times in a row. We'll probably pick-up Overcooked 2 sometime in the near future.

By her own admission from playing Smash Ultimate she's magnanimous in victory, childish in defeat.

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug
I play overcooked a bunch with my friends, and we don't get angry with each other. :shrug:
Then again we played Helldivers a bunch first, and there is no better game than Helldivers to teach you that sometimes you will murder/be murdered by teammates and that's ok!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nephzinho posted:

Every time I see something about this game it confirms not getting it was the right move. So cute, great soundtrack, but nah.
I'm digging it. Obviously it's a piece of piss to play but that's exactly what I need any time Devil May Cry 5 pisses me off. Yoshi and Kirby games are comfort food.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
WOW! Everything really is coming to Switch!

Except Mother 3.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

OhFunny posted:

WOW! Everything really is coming to Switch!

Except Mother 3.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

A Sometimes Food posted:

Hey so I have some Japanese eshop cards and they aren't working. I have set up a Japanese user account, access the Japanese eshop, I enter the cards and I get the screen saying they are worth 5000yen and when I click to redeem them I get an error 2813 6838. Is there anything I can do?

It means that there could be a delay with the store activating your cards, either on their end or Nintendo’s I dunno. I’d probably just try again in a few hours and contact the store or Nintendo if it happens again.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

OhFunny posted:

Except Mother 3.
Wouldn't they have to change a bunch of stuff for a western release? Years ago I played the fanslation and wondered what in the gently caress when I met the Magpysies. They are cool dudes but it was still pretty offensive.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Lodin posted:

Wouldn't they have to change a bunch of stuff for a western release? Years ago I played the fanslation and wondered what in the gently caress when I met the Magpysies. They are cool dudes but it was still pretty offensive.

I guess it depends.

They're really likable characters and don't portray trans in a negative light, but they are a stereotype. They also aren't even human or have a specified gender. That would be a tough one for NOA.

I wish they would work on an official English version so everyone can experience it.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Earthbound might be my favorite game but I’ve never played 3. Need to change that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Mother 3 may be the most overrated game ever conceived