Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Apocalypse?
This poll is closed.
conquest 212 19.26%
war 244 22.16%
famine 353 32.06%
death 292 26.52%
Total: 733 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

euphronius posted:

are we going to talk about him groping kids as well ore is everyone ignoring that

no because that social norm hasn't changed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z91IO7jjrv4

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

when you're vice president, they let you do it. grab 'em by the shoulders

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

https://i.imgur.com/06uCgbZ.mp4

biden's fursona

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

C-Euro posted:

Holy lmao

"Abortion reversal" is just rape right?

rape would be putting a new baby in there

this seems to be putting the old one back in

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Gripweed posted:

Yeah, Taibbi's position is that the media and Democrats hosed up by focusing on the accusation of Trump being a Russian agent to the exclusion of all of his many other crimes. They focused on the Russian spy thing because pretty much every rich person does every thing Trump does, to some degree. If they actually tried to go after Trump for laundering Russian money through his real estate, whoops that's the entire NYC real estate industry caught up too, for example

They were and are never going to focus on the illegal activity because it would implicate their donors op

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Welp

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

cheeky, nando

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Gripweed posted:

Yeah, Taibbi's position is that the media and Democrats hosed up by focusing on the accusation of Trump being a Russian agent to the exclusion of all of his many other crimes. They focused on the Russian spy thing because pretty much every rich person does every thing Trump does, to some degree. If they actually tried to go after Trump for laundering Russian money through his real estate, whoops that's the entire NYC real estate industry caught up too, for example

Which I think is the right take. Meuller was never going to swoop in and arrest Trump but he does impeachable stuff at least a dozen times a day. All he does is crimes and tweets.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD5As76BEP8

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

A Handed Missus posted:

she's a russian agent

When the russians recruit agents, we aren't sending our best.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
It's more than a little short sighted to proclaim the media hosed up covering the russia story when we don't have the full mueller report and we still dont know what trump said to putin in Helsinki. Greenwalds a fraud so no surprise there. Not sure about Taibbi's angle here.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

euphronius posted:

all of those stories are reported
surprise, the problem remains the audience

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
lol personal space huh

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

euphronius posted:

greenwald is 100% a Russian agent

not sure about tabbi by my suspicions grow

https://longform.org/posts/lost-exile

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Good and cool writer David Roth, on dumb and lovely writer Rick Reilly's book on the best Trump topic of all: the myriad fascinating ways he cheats at golf

https://deadspin.com/donald-trump-is-never-more-donald-trump-than-when-hes-c-1833757517

quote:

A caddy tells Reilly that Trump’s golf cart once contained a can of red spray paint, and that Trump marked trees his balls hit with a red ‘X,’” Curtis writes. “The trees were removed the next day.”

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
these primaries really need to pick up speed

i want to see a lot of crazy come out prior to the iowa caucus

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

lmao

Bernie Sanders is CRAZY

hmm, you know, I kind of see that in myself, bigly~

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

J. P. Beagley posted:

i dunno taibbi is normally pretty good so maybe i'm just really misreading everything? whatever

taibbi is a fascist op

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I know it's gonna be hard for people to accept, and everybody is gonna have to get there in their own time, but at some point we've all got to acknowledge that the piss tape isn't real. The piss tape was never real.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Reality Winter posted:

It's more than a little short sighted to proclaim the media hosed up covering the russia story when we don't have the full mueller report and we still dont know what trump said to putin in Helsinki. Greenwalds a fraud so no surprise there. Not sure about Taibbi's angle here.

that’s all my point was

plus it was a huge story in the election ! before meuller ever showed up

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
that tweet tho, lol

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

tinstaach posted:

Good and cool writer David Roth, on dumb and lovely writer Rick Reilly's book on the best Trump topic of all: the myriad fascinating ways he cheats at golf

https://deadspin.com/donald-trump-is-never-more-donald-trump-than-when-hes-c-1833757517

holy poo poo trump is hexxus

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Aug 29, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I know it's gonna be hard for people to accept, and everybody is gonna have to get there in their own time, but at some point we've all got to acknowledge that the piss tape is real.
:yeah:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

feminism, but also social norms

garbage pundit
Apr 10, 2008

We're on our way home now, duckie!

mormonpartyboat posted:

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1113500421849538560

only a matter of time until one of our death camps has an accident

i'm glad america's wannsee conference is happening on twitter.

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

docbeard posted:

When the russians recruit agents, we aren't sending our best.

isn't that the problem with the FBI/CIA recently?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

mormonpartyboat posted:

taibbi is a fascist op

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

love too use the completely meaningless phrase 'i hear what these women are saying'

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Reality Winter posted:

the media are multi million dollar companies op, make fun of them until they pay you not to

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

trump/pence bumper sticker next to a MEAN PEOPLE SUCK bumper sticker lol

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Gripweed posted:

I know it's gonna be hard for people to accept, and everybody is gonna have to get there in their own time, but at some point we've all got to acknowledge that the piss tape isn't real. The piss tape was never real.

ban this filth

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Biden should give America some personal space

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

shut the gently caress up old man

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

quote:

Kostantin Bukaryov, the paper’s main backer, was a publisher of Moscow nightlife guides, with sidelines in gentlemen’s clubs. He paid Ames and Taibbi $1,200 a month, and what laughable revenue The Exile generated with its circulation, which never topped 30,000, came from advertisements for nightclubs, restaurants, and, most lucratively, call-girl services. After producing its first issues out of a spare room in, of all places, a defense-ministry building, The Exile landed above a strip club on the ring road, Rasputin’s, where it was situated above the dancers’ changing room. The office next door was outfitted with reinforced steel doors that the Moscow police attempted to batter in every so often.

:same:

garbage pundit
Apr 10, 2008

We're on our way home now, duckie!

https://twitter.com/EdKrassen/status/1113516209151053824

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgADDXyWJEE

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

if you don't give the news media poo poo whenever possible your a scab who's working for free in defense of organizations who's utter incompetence has a hardy share of responsibility in regards to the situation were in now.

Posting is labor, do not do it in defense of entities who can, and do, pay for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

tnanks :tipshat: