Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Lol whoever bought you that av qualified for this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It's a great av but I've queued up my previous one

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I didn't think you could even buy an av for a mod

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that's the point btw

remember when obama said that we needed more stem grads? that's because stem grads were getting more expensive than employers wanted

now it's software

Holy poo poo how did I not put that together?

I heard in a lecture that Protestantism was invented because employers got sick of all the workers taking (Catholic) holidays off.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I didn't think you could even buy an av for a mod

Yeah but most queue up a change straight away

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Jose posted:

Yeah but most queue up a change straight away

Oh hey, I didn't recognize you w/o the Simpsons av

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Jose posted:

I hope you keep cycling through the various "Simpsons looking straight ahead" shots because they are lovely.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

seiferguy posted:

I hope you keep cycling through the various "Simpsons looking straight ahead" shots because they are lovely.

i'm going back to the homer landing on his head for now

this homer might be next though

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Christoph posted:

Holy poo poo how did I not put that together?

I heard in a lecture that Protestantism was invented because employers got sick of all the workers taking (Catholic) holidays off.

That was a feature of it, but it was generally a turn away from church (and later feudal) power structures as the capitalist class developed. No more feast days, no more forced tithes, no more restrictions on usury, etc etc etc

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

that's a good fuckin homer right there, tbh

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Jose posted:

i'm going back to the homer landing on his head for now

this homer might be next though

i love a good homer smear

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
How about a good Homer mask?

He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Homer

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

How about a good Homer mask?

He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Homer

:dudsmile:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

KillerQueen posted:

"President Trump clearly marking his territory on stage, hard to come back from such a strong setback right off the bat!"

thats how he won last time. didnt you see him gently caress that chair

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
he also said wrong into a microphone

if the dem candidate calls trump a dumb motherfuck during a live debate onstage to his face they will win but it won’t happen because they still believe in decorum

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Jose posted:

I missed it, what did someone buy you?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

christmas boots posted:

lmao that interview is just a series of

“how would we select these benevolent oligarchs?”

“I haven’t thought it through that far”

“what if they turn out to not be benevolent?”

“well that’s definitely a flaw in the plan.”

"How would you describe yourself politically?"

Have a guess at what he said.

Matt: I would describe myself as a Libertarian-leaning moderate. I used to be a lot more Libertarian, and I sort of drifted back toward the center. There’s a lot of things on both the left and the right that I’m pretty sympathetic to. But I definitely don’t think that either fringe has it right, and I don’t think that them yelling at each other is a constructive way to do things.

Were you right? I was.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Has anyone told him he's basically describing China

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Didn't know they interviewed homex

In other news the landlord thread in bfc got closed because the ik got tired of people rightfully pointing out that a thread that opened with "it's illegal to discriminate against section 8 housing, how do I do it without getting caught" was super hosed up

Death to moderation

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

Kitfox88 posted:

he also said wrong into a microphone

if the dem candidate calls trump a dumb motherfuck during a live debate onstage to his face they will win but it won’t happen because they still believe in decorum

bernie is going to do this

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/MiriamShulamit/status/1098226727610925056

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

honestly if bernie isn't going to at least become a silicon based lifeform he has no business criticizing the carbon economy

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

McCain was loved by the *ahems* he always was and always will

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Weird how the only form of foreign policy work that ever gets credit from American press is serial murder.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/KattyKayBBC/status/1113766776532238336

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

It's pretty much true, though.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Tulip posted:

Weird how the only form of foreign policy work that ever gets credit from American press is serial murder.

that's "dedication to human rights" in NYTspeak

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Anti-Semitism Is Back, From the Left, Right and Islamist Extremes. Why?

Take a wild guess what they cite as examples of "left anti-semitism"

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anti-Semitism Is Back, From the Left, Right and Islamist Extremes. Why?

Take a wild guess what they cite as examples of "left anti-semitism"

lol what the gently caress

quote:

At the same time, the president has boasted close relations with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and offered full-throated support to Israel, including moving the United States Embassy to Jerusalem, even absent progress toward a settlement with the Palestinians.

That more strident support has now been greeted with more strident opposition, most obviously from Representative Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, one of the first two Muslim women elected to Congress.

She has been widely condemned for peddling anti-Semitic stereotypes about the undue influence of Jewish lobbies over policy or that call into question Jews’ national allegiance.

The use of similar tropes by members of the Labour Party in Britain has prompted several Labour lawmakers to resign in protest. They are also common talking points in extremist Islamist circles.

it gets worse

quote:

Both left and right “have the same image of Israel,” said David Hirsh, a sociologist at Goldsmiths College, University of London, and a critic of Mr. Corbyn who campaigns against the academic boycott of Israel.

“Corbyn says that Israel is a uniquely belligerent human-rights-abusing state that defends its purity at all costs against Muslims,” he said. “And I suspect that people on the far right have exactly the same picture of Israel — that it is a belligerent country that defends itself against Muslims.”

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

not supporting apartheid nation states is anti semetic guys

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
I know I should have quoted parts of it but almost every paragraph is a hot take. It's all "On the right are people actively murdering Jews which is just like Ilhan Omar saying the Israel lobby exists."

quote:

“Corbyn says that Israel is a uniquely belligerent human-rights-abusing state that defends its purity at all costs against Muslims,” he said. “And I suspect that people on the far right have exactly the same picture of Israel — that it is a belligerent country that defends itself against Muslims.”

The difference is the right thinks that's a good thing

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 29 days!)

The difference is the right thinks that's a good thing

In reality Israel is just a state that exists.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Lol how do these people get jobs

I mean I know, but still

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

little munchkin posted:

not sure if it's considered cheating to use this moron but

https://twitter.com/HoarseWisperer/status/1113487884273770498

Nested hot takes threaten to rip a hole in this plane of existence.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Hire me I'm an expert on Pacific rim I know all the robots special attacks

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Hot Take Pacific Rim sucked and was boring

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
i guess if thats anti semitism (((its not))) sign me the gently caress up

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005

Food Boner posted:

i guess if thats anti semitism (((its not))) sign me the gently caress up

saying pacific rim sucked is offensive to all people everywhere and jews are people, so yes that is an antisemitic claim to make

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
pacific rim was only good when Ron Pearlman was on screen