Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is there a joke in the poll?
This poll is closed.
Nope 12 8.16%
Nothing 10 6.80%
Sorry 18 12.24%
Bowsette 107 72.79%
Total: 147 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Taintrunner posted:

Just had a thought on the toilet that the Ace Combat team should do a remake of the Independence Day game for Playstation 1

Either that or EDF in Ace Combat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What if Star Fox but by the combined efforts of the people behind Ace Combat and After Burner

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What if Star Fox, but the Arwings combined to form a cool robot

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

what if it was just a good macross game instead

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Did the Thunderbirds ever combine into anything?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FirstAidKite posted:

Did the Thunderbirds ever combine into anything?

Not even in the Thunderbirds anime that only five people remember existing, sadly

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

homeless snail posted:

What if the Harmony Gold license exploded and we could get some cool Macross games made

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

homeless snail posted:

Robotech, Starfox, a full Ace Combat game and a full X-Wing game all need to happen in VR.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Infinitum posted:

What if the Harmony Gold license exploded and we could get some cool Macross games made
I think that finally ends in like 3 years... not long after the new delta movie comes out...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Kinda wish After Burner Climax was on steam.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Yeah and it drat near destroyed them. Do you think they want to deal with virtual boy 2.0 in today's social media?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

its not like we're missing out on a ton of awesome macross games coming out of japan though, pretty much all of the games of the past 10 years are essentially Macross Hunting Action Games on the PSP/Vita from Artdink which are fine (except for Macross 30 which is Macross Skyrim and is actually fairly sick) but are as far from flight sims as you can possibly get

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/nikogeyer/status/1113465615895945216

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I genuinely hope Nintendo goes all in on VR if not this generation then hopefully the next because F Zero, Mariokart and Starfox are practically screaming for it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12-u0ti6-KA

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I played this in Tokyo and my wife got so loving mad at me when I stole first place out from under her at the last minute with a turtle shell. Totally worth it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

I genuinely hope Nintendo goes all in on VR if not this generation then hopefully the next because F Zero, Mariokart and Starfox are practically screaming for it
as someone who is way into VR to an unhealthy degree, I kinda hope they don't go too crazy with this thing cause the only reason VR is good now is because we have quality HMDs that give you a comfortable experience, and labo ain't it, ain't even close to it. bad first experiences poison people on VR, is what VR geeks are always paranoid about

I don't think its actually going to be a going concern though, they're gonna add VR modes to these two games as a cool value-add and that's it. just like they added steering wheel support to mario kart

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

VR support via Labo gives me hopes that the :filez: version of BotW might function with VR via Dolphin eventually.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Nintendo is always down to ruin Star Fox with another ephemeral gimmick for each new generation so VR seems like a good bet.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I want an X-Wing Vs. TIE-Fighter Vs. GTF Hercules Vs. ZIG game already.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Infinitum posted:

VR support via Labo gives me hopes that the :filez: version of BotW might function with VR via Dolphin eventually.
Dolphin VR already exists and doesn't require any support from the game, except it was written by an insane red hat guy that is so hateful not even reddit likes him, and he hasn't updated it for a couple years and dolphin doesn't want to merge his work because he constantly harassed them and also it relies on closed source libraries

the official dolphin people say they'll work on VR support when the openXR libraries are stabilized

it is seriously nuts though, thousand year door is an incredible VR game because everything unfolds in these tiny dioramas and shadowboxes right before your eyes. there's a really good first person patch for mario kart, also

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Star Fox 64 was maybe the first time I experienced full voice acting in a game that wasn’t FMV. Still never got why “Do a barrel roll” became a meme in the mid-2000s

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

Isn't CEMU the WiiU Emulator?

I played Rogue Squadron 2 in VR and it was absolutely an achievement even if basically unplayable due to draw distance issues. Doing the trench run absolutely kicked rear end in VR.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Star Fox 64 was maybe the first time I experienced full voice acting in a game that wasn’t FMV. Still never got why “Do a barrel roll” became a meme in the mid-2000s

It was a different time

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cool, my phone updated and it loving sucks now. thanks google

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Nintendo is always down to ruin Star Fox with another ephemeral gimmick for each new generation so VR seems like a good bet.

Welcome to our announcement of Star Fox Switch VR, in this game you use the labo VR in order to look around, but you're in first person so you only have a clear view of what is directly in front of you, but you have 3 other screens showing external camera views from your copilots so you have to look at those and make sure you're aiming correctly

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Does the Labo VR not have a strap for your head

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I have told them time and time again, if they are going to address questions to me they have to actually mean something. What kiddie craze? How am I supposed to know what it is?!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

If you're too old for its demographic it's bad

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

I said come in! posted:

Tonight I started on Legend of Dragoon. This is my first time ever playing this game.

The two things I remember most about LoD is gaining AP for the character's combos and the hard inventory limit of, like, 18 consumables. I was the kid who filled in Mario RPG inventory with Pick Me Ups and had become very used to the way Final Fantasy would stack like items and provide a practically limitless space for items. LoD was a bit of a shock in that regard.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Octopath Travelling to PC

https://twitter.com/Siliconera/status/1114102641657704448

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

In Legend of Dragoon, if you're really getting bogged down by combat, or getting tired of the timing presses, there's an accessory at a market town somewhere in the first half of the game that's pretty expensive but called like Wargod's Belt (or something, it has been like two decades), that'll make you auto-succeed all the button presses.

I'm not saying it's the best way to play the game, and is certainly very lazy, but like, it helped me power through the game to learn about the cool story of MELBU FRAHMA.

I actually really loved that game, and still have music from it in my library.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
https://twitter.com/GIBiz/status/1113195161998299138

Guess I better dig out my $40 gift card and find something to buy before GameStop starts shuttering stores.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Have they considered rebranding as Epic Gamestop

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i wonder how much of the massive drop in pre-owned game revenues is due to digital discount sales being so incredibly commonplace now it kind of defeats the purpose of buying a used game for cheap

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Cowcaster posted:

i wonder how much of the massive drop in pre-owned game revenues is due to digital discount sales being so incredibly commonplace now it kind of defeats the purpose of buying a used game for cheap

GameStop just being a massive poo poo place to buy games at also helps. Why yes I want this game you guys opened to be sold as new, and I want warranties shoved in my face as aggressive as possible because you’ve tied their jobs to it.

OR, I could just order from Amazon and bypass all that. HMMMMMM. Decisions!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I honestly can't remember the last time I bought a used game, everything goes on sale within six months nowadays anyway so it doesn't seem worth it.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I'm going to spend my $40 GameStop giftcard on a $40 Nintendo gift card and buy Kirby with it.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I generally like talking to the staff at gamestop when I go in tbh, but I usually know what I'm looking for when I go in and make small talk about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

everybody loves chattin w grandpa about video games