Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Crumbletron posted:

They've stated they don't really want to update the old shops because they end up filling different roles later. Arena is for prestige, and GW and cantina are for shard shop currency, which is more gear.

Cantina is for fleet credits you mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
They've stated that no more characters will be added to most of the shops. The only ones that could potentially get new characters are the guild store and the Guild Events store.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Not really important, but I wish they would take some of the early garbage characters like ugnaught, jedi knight guardian, and mob enforcer and just make some sort of trash tier store and stop making every new character one needs to farm a hard node.

Also, for BH chat, is the setup Bossk lead or Jango lead? And is Jango's leader zeta worth it?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

So since I've maxed out all the characters in the Squad Arena Store...what the hell am I supposed to do with these tokens? I've maxed out all my capital ships with the Prestige tokens, and have more credits than I know what to do with. Just horde the Squad Arena Tokens in the hope they eventually add some new characters to the store? Or horde the Prestige tokens in the hope they add another capital ship?

Same question for the Cantina Battles Store, though I have one more character to max out there (Mob Enforcer, because why the gently caress not).

Arena? just horde arena tokens.
Cantina? Buy Cassian's ship for the shard shop.
GW? Buy ship shards for the shard shop.

I'm pretty sure both GET and guild shops aren't getting more toons.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 27, 2019

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

Arena? just horde arena tokens.
Cantina? Buy Cassian's ship for the shard shop.
GW? Buy ship shards for the shard shop.

Ship shards aren't worth more in the shard shop than character shards though, right? I know at least in GW, you only get 4 shards for ships vs. 5 for characters, so wouldn't that mean less shard shop currency?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Moral_Hazard posted:

Not really important, but I wish they would take some of the early garbage characters like ugnaught, jedi knight guardian, and mob enforcer and just make some sort of trash tier store and stop making every new character one needs to farm a hard node.

Also, for BH chat, is the setup Bossk lead or Jango lead? And is Jango's leader zeta worth it?

I wish you could Sacrifice characters such that if you have them maxed out, they go back to zero shards and locked out, but you get all their gear back.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

Ship shards aren't worth more in the shard shop than character shards though, right? I know at least in GW, you only get 4 shards for ships vs. 5 for characters, so wouldn't that mean less shard shop currency?

ships shards are slightly more valuable than characters shards when exchanging them for shard shop currency. You get more currency for 4 ship shards than 5 characters shards.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

ships shards are slightly more valuable than characters shards when exchanging them for shard shop currency. You get more currency for 4 ship shards than 5 characters shards.

Well poo poo. I've been doing it wrong for a long time.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Chilichimp posted:

:stare: really?

thrawn527 posted:

Well poo poo. I've been doing it wrong for a long time.

Welp, same.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Don't feel too bad, it's like literally 1-2 currency difference.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
What, is that true? What a dumb feature

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Burning_Monk posted:

right, but it makes the Cassian u-wing shards a no-brainer.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Ineptitude posted:

What, is that true? What a dumb feature

Its one currency. I dont think they wanted to deal with fractions of currency so 4 ship shards is 76 compared to 5 character shards being 75

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Its one currency. I dont think they wanted to deal with fractions of currency so 4 ship shards is 76 compared to 5 character shards being 75

jokes on you, I get an extra 6 carbs every 3 months

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
The min/maxing that one could do...

*chuckles in spreadsheet*

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Burning_Monk posted:

It’s a 1 currency difference for GW redemption, but for cantina bucks, for some reason. Cassian’s U Wing is 5 shards not 4, so it’s a substantial difference.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Wait, what did they change with Finn now?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Burning_Monk posted:

Wait, what did they change with Finn now?

His leader ability is the main change. They didn't like how it cheesed hstr p3 with 3po. Consensus seems to be its worse for raiding but better for pvp now. His special 2 also got stacking damage, which apparently makes him pretty good under jtr for hstr p1

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
It's worse for the tank raid and you can't cheese p3 of the sith raid anymore, but a new video came out where you can do about 30% of p1 of the sith raid by slotting him under JTR (with BB, R2 and 3P0 to fill out).

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

gently caress this tier VII Chewie event so loving hard. Holy poo poo. My all G12 (z)Bossk, (z)Boba, Dengar, Cad, and Greedo barely even get to attack. Bossk is stunned immediately every time, Greedo is dead before I even get a turn, and I barely make any headway. I'll keep trying, because RNG, but this is rough.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 4, 2019

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
It's all about RNG. It took me about 10 tries with g12 zzBossk, G11 Boba and Zam, G9 Greedo and Dengar with whatever mods I had on them. If they stealth, you may as well restart. Kill Chewie first.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Yep, all RNG on who they attack and if you get stunned. If you have that crew at G12, you'll get it eventually.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
G12 zBossk, G12 Boba, G11 Jango, G10 Greedo, G10 Dengar.

Hope for the stun in Greedo and a crit on Dengar in the first wave of attack, plus a bossk stun net+assists on Chewie with enough crit to burn away his protection.

Took about 40 tries to get a perfect combo, but once it happened, I finished with Boba, Jango, and Dengar alive.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Hockles posted:

Yep, all RNG on who they attack and if you get stunned. If you have that crew at G12, you'll get it eventually.

I just gave up after like 20 tries. I'll try again later. But out of all 20 tries, I literally only had Bossk get a turn once. It was surprising when it happened, I was like, "Oh, been a while since I've seen those buttons. Weird."

It's been an endless loop of their guys go at least once or twice, one of my guys gets one turn, their guys go once or twice each, another of my guys gets one turn, they all go again.

RNG really hates me on this one.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
make sure you put your absolute best mods in

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Seriously, put your best, fastest mods on them and if dengar doesn't stealth, reset.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

gently caress this tier VII Chewie event so loving hard. Holy poo poo. My all G12 (z)Bossk, (z)Boba, Dengar, Cad, and Greedo barely even get to attack. Bossk is stunned immediately every time, Greedo is dead before I even get a turn, and I barely make any headway. I'll keep trying, because RNG, but this is rough.

It's so annoying. This is like the one event that I actually just so happen to have a really good 7* g11/12 squad ready for and instead of it being a breeze for once it's the hardest one yet and I still can't even get past the 2nd tier.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Crumbletron posted:

Seriously, put your best, fastest mods on them and if dengar doesn't stealth, reset.

Yup, you need dengar to stealth before r2 uses smoke screen. If that doesn't happen just reset. You also want your worst unit to take the stun, in your case probably greedo. Go for chewie first. Once he is down the event is fairly easy.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
To make this as painless as possible, do this:

For each of your arena characters (who presumably have your best mods), go to the character, then mod mod management, then assign load out, then tap the "create load out from" button. This will save the load outs so you don't have to remember who had what.

Then go to your bounty hunters, and assign one of your arena team load outs to each one. Once you win(!), you can then easily reassign the mods back to your arena characters.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

I just gave up after like 20 tries. I'll try again later. But out of all 20 tries, I literally only had Bossk get a turn once. It was surprising when it happened, I was like, "Oh, been a while since I've seen those buttons. Weird."

It's been an endless loop of their guys go at least once or twice, one of my guys gets one turn, their guys go once or twice each, another of my guys gets one turn, they all go again.

RNG really hates me on this one.

stack Bossks tenacity and see if you can withstand the stun

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

The Falcon event is coming back on April 11th through April 18th. You need:

Slave One
Hound's Tooth
Xanadu Blood
IG-2000

all at least 5 stars. This'll get you Han's Falcon, which is really the meta ship at this point. You want to get it if you can.

MichiganCubbie fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Apr 5, 2019

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Chilichimp posted:

stack Bossks tenacity and see if you can withstand the stun

Mine has over 100% just from mods and he didn't resist once.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I kinda remember that too

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

MichiganCubbie posted:

The Falcon event is coming back on April 11th through April 18th. You need:

I've been doing 16 runs at both IG and XB for what feels like ages and i still need 50 of each, which should be fine for getting them to 7 during the event.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Mr. Neutron posted:

Mine has over 100% just from mods and he didn't resist once.

Han’s turn one stun isn’t resistible. Better to focus on making Bossk chonky (and fast. Mostly fast.)

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

CaptainPsyko posted:

Han’s turn one stun isn’t resistible. Better to focus on making Bossk chonky (and fast. Mostly fast.)

Sure, but not the ability block whoever puts up...right?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Davethulhu posted:

To make this as painless as possible, do this:

For each of your arena characters (who presumably have your best mods), go to the character, then mod mod management, then assign load out, then tap the "create load out from" button. This will save the load outs so you don't have to remember who had what.

Then go to your bounty hunters, and assign one of your arena team load outs to each one. Once you win(!), you can then easily reassign the mods back to your arena characters.

Thank you for this. Made switching mods so much easier. How did I not know about this?

On a related note...loving finally! I did it! Thanks for all the tips.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Mr. Neutron posted:

Sure, but not the ability block whoever puts up...right?

I don't remember who all is there but that might be from Hoth Leia's AOE if she's there

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010
AaaahhhhhhhHHHHHHHHH!

Just realised I've been grinding the Solo droid, and not the old republic droid, for TWO! MONTHS!

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
That's l337.