Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sunnyboy
May 10, 2011

Hawkmen Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

The Saturn V question, "powered by (whatever) in this state" -- wonder how the judges would have handled "Florida"?

YES!!! Indeed! That was the answer I yelled out to the TV. :-D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

http://kingjamesholzhauer.com/

Dude already has a “fan site” dedicated to him (his Twitter friends apparently swear up and down he has nothing to do with the site). That “The Humbled” section irks the poo poo out of me because it seems way too braggy as gently caress.

Not gonna deny he’s killing it though, and dude is a big name in the trivia community, for good and for ill. That Daily Double wager was ballsy as heck too.

I missed Final because I’m used to spelling Bern with an extra E at the end. Was running through 6 lettered European capitals in my head and got as far as Warsaw and discarding it after Madrid, Lisbon, London, and Dublin before time ran out.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Apr 6, 2019

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah he's obviously running that site and a gigantic loving douchebag for it.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I really try not to judge people by how they come across on Jeopardy but come on he's a professional sports gambler AND he radiates smarm

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice
How’s his buzzer volume?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

HookShot posted:

You’re just mad that he is a Vegas Knights fan and the Canucks had a bad season he’s probably a douchebag and my hockey team also had a bad season

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Duckman2008 posted:

You’re just mad that he is a Vegas Knights fan and the Canucks had a bad season he’s probably a douchebag and my hockey team also had a bad season

TBH I've been actively cheering against the Canucks for two years; the sooner they get Edmonton Bad the sooner everyone gets fired and they have a chance at being Not Bad again.

I'd be a Vegas fan if it wasn't for Sbisa LOL.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

GhostStalker posted:

http://kingjamesholzhauer.com/

Dude already has a “fan site” dedicated to him (his Twitter friends apparently swear up and down he has nothing to do with the site). That “The Humbled” section irks the poo poo out of me because it seems way too braggy as gently caress.

Boy I hope this guy pulls a Wolf Blitzer on Monday.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I liked him a lot right up until I clicked that link

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

HookShot posted:

Soothing Vapors posted:

I liked him a lot right up until I clicked that link

Apparently that website went live even before the episode aired (according to Jeopardy/quiz show blogger who’s also hooked into our community Andy Saunders; the day before), complete with his first day results.

Now if James wasn’t running said website himself, he most likely broke NDA by detailing the results of his first game to whatever “fan” of his runs said website. I mean, give close friends and family a heads up about how you did would be fine, but giving out all the details of a game like that doesn’t seem kosher.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
It seems incredibly dickish to refer to your opponents, who passed the same test and audition you did, as "humbled subjects."

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

zakharov posted:

It seems incredibly dickish to refer to your opponents, who passed the same test and audition you did, as "humbled subjects."

Ugh, I didn’t really look at the website so I missed that. That is def a bunch of poo poo.

And yeah, if it got updated before the episode aired anywhere, then it would be amazing if they took his money away. I can’t see jeopardy liking the website, it’s def not in the spirit of how the show runs.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

has anyone sent that to maggie? i will if no one else has. dude loving deserves hell

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
https://web.archive.org/web/20190325223937/http://kingjamesholzhauer.com/

Website looks like it had him as a winner before the air date, but Jeopardy was also running promos back in March about the next great champion coming up in April with a literal picture of his face on it. Nerds with an attention to detail already knew he had a big run coming up. Enough to make a fansite? Who knows?

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Abel Wingnut posted:

has anyone sent that to maggie? i will if no one else has. dude loving deserves hell

From what I’ve seen in the contestant group, it seems like people have, since whoever is running the site is pulling the pics of the “defeated subjects” straight from the Jeopardy contestant website. Apparently, the disclaimer at the bottom of the site is enough to let it stay up, at least for now.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 8, 2019

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

What a douchenozzle

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I want to fight this fucker

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I feel like the more people angrily email maggie though, the less likely it is he gets invited back for things like the ToC and that would make my bitter, angry heart happy.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I want to see his check withheld, if he is in any way connected to this website.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
The people at Sony were definitely told about the website having the results up before the initial airdate.

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

Looks like it's hosted on GitHub Pages, which normally would mean the history would be public, but they added a private tier for paid accounts in February. Still, seems kinda risky that there's an entire commit history floating out there somewhere!

Edit: Don't know if I've seen anyone mention it yet but http://hasjameslostyet.com/ was also registered on the same day. The sites are almost certainly run by the same person, both on GitHub Pages and using Google Analytics tracking tags UA-136158238-1 and UA-136158238-2.

Spraynard Kruger fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 7, 2019

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I hope he's not affiliated with that site because I have really enjoyed his first two games so far.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

I hope he's not affiliated with that site because I have really enjoyed his first two games so far.

There’s no way someone makes a site like that without his direction and knowledge. I’ll def agree that I was enjoying his games, he was a bit douchey but like, the “hey he’s a gambler, that’s what they’re like” thing made it ok. But yeah, for people like me who were on the fence but hoping to like him, the website just makes it very clear “eh gently caress you.”

Jeopardy is a game where anyone who makes it on the show it really good and deserves to be there, so anything denigrating fellow players is going to be a poo poo thing.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Duckman2008 posted:

Jeopardy is a game where anyone who makes it on the show it really good and deserves to be there, so anything denigrating fellow players is going to be a poo poo thing.

Totally agree. The website isn't okay even if it didn't have "The Humbled" and completely unacceptable with it

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I hope that Maryanne's future husband was only taking out her roommate as a friend, otherwise this might have been an eye-opening episode for the roommate's fiancee.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
This dude has to be cheating somehow.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
I absolutely do not like how James stylized his S today.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
edit: actually never mind, it turns out it was all inadvertant and a total accident.

HookShot fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Apr 9, 2019

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

High IQ does not compensate for low EQ.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Tumblr of scotch posted:

I absolutely do not like how James stylized his S today.

missed tonight, what did he do?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DoctorWhat posted:

He was a douche? Also unfortunately he won by a wide margin.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

DoctorWhat posted:

Dude stylized the S in his name the same as in Hitler's SS. There's no way a Jeopardy champion wouldn't know the association.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Tumblr of scotch posted:

Dude stylized the S in his name the same as in Hitler's SS. There's no way a Jeopardy champion wouldn't know the association.

wow, super great, he's a nazi

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Here is the disclaimer at the bottom of his website:

“King James Holzhauer is an unofficial fan site dedicated to James Holzhauer. Our purpose is to promote interest in James Holzhauer and his Jeopardy! appearance(s). We are in no way officially affiliated with James Holzhauer, his friends, or his family. This is a site made by a fan for the fans. All materials on this site are for entertainment purposes only. No copyright infringement is ever intended. Picture copyright is owned by the respective photographers. If you want to see pictures on this website removed, please specify which ones and give us time to remove these before taking any further action. If you are a copyright holder and wish credits on your images or articles, please let me know and we will be glad to add them.”

Basically, who has a jeopardy fan site after (or before) their 1st win? So just posting how stupid the website disclaimer is, and gently caress this dude.

It’s a site made for fans, you see. That’s it.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

packetmantis posted:

This dude has to be cheating somehow.

Nah, common consensus in the community is that he’s just is that good, as he’s a regular at the podium at trivia competitions like TCONA. He’s ballsy and knows when to make huge bets. It’s just unfortunate that his personality is such that it is.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

James' weird helicopter story yesterday coupled with the Mt. Fuji story the other day makes me think he was a huge nerd growing up (and still is) but he's super insecure about it and makes up bullshit that he thinks makes him sound cool.

"Yeah I took a girl (WHO I HAD SEX WITH) up the tallest mountain and it was raining but I still did it but then a helicopter had to save us and the President was flying the helicopter and he high-fived me and made me a special army guy and gave me a gun that lets me kill ANYBODY but no you can't see it my girlfriend took it back to Canada where she's a model."

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

A Fancy Hat posted:

James' weird helicopter story yesterday coupled with the Mt. Fuji story the other day makes me think he was a huge nerd growing up (and still is) but he's super insecure about it and makes up bullshit that he thinks makes him sound cool.

"Yeah I took a girl (WHO I HAD SEX WITH) up the tallest mountain and it was raining but I still did it but then a helicopter had to save us and the President was flying the helicopter and he high-fived me and made me a special army guy and gave me a gun that lets me kill ANYBODY but no you can't see it my girlfriend took it back to Canada where she's a model."

Yeah, he was definitely the kid who's uncle worked for Nintendo

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Tumblr of scotch posted:

Or it's just the S from the Slayer logo which would match the obvious Metallica M he had the day before.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MorgaineDax posted:

Or it's just the S from the Slayer logo which would match the obvious Metallica M he had the day before.

Yeah, that's how I interpreted it. Still pretty dumb either way, that's edgy teen poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Yeah, should have just done the Stussy S like Satish did last week. That was the good stuff right there.

RaspberrySea fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 9, 2019