Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
We learn in the End Times that all the stuff about Asuryan decreeing that the Elven gods shouldn't intervene in mortal affairs (or was that only in 40K?) was basically bullshit because he was constantly intervening on behalf of Malekith, which I'd think was commentary on something if it weren't for GW's sloppy execution of the End Times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Some quotes from an interview CA gave, shamelessly stolen from reddit:

interview here: https://www.vgr.com/total-war-warhammer-2-prophet-warlock-interview/

"With that, you have a lot of different sacrifices that you can make to Sotek and that’ll give you a range of things; campaign buffs, for example, and you’ll also be able to unlock units and different things like that."

"He’s all about Warpstone, as the Skaven are, and with this Warp Fuel then you’ll be able to spend that in your Workshop to unlock buffs for the weapons team units that Ikit focuses on. So yeah, you’ll get different things like ammo types for different units, you can get your Ratling Guns to have unlimited ammo…"

“To just add to that, to actually build the Doomsphere, what you need to do is build ‘Deeper Tunnels’ – like, that’s an actual building – and it’s an interesting choice because yes, your weapon is hidden, but you also lose line of sight on that region because you’re so far beneath the ground at that point. So, it’s making the choice between line of sight and keeping this weapon hidden from prying eyes, essentially.”

“We do kind of touch on that a little bit. So, in campaign, obviously he’s very powerful in battle, and in campaign he does also have the ability to destroy a city with the same kind of collapsing-star magic, if you want to call it that. So yeah, we do touch on that, the fact that he does have immense world-wide power.” - on Lord Kroak

“On that point, during Tehenhauin’s campaigns, there is a limited roster. We’re trying to basically simulate the effects of Clan Pestilens’ plague, so you basically start the campaign after his exodus, so from the start of the campaign you’re quite limited to your Skinks; your Cult of Sotek units. Throughout the campaign you sort of slowly earn things like Saurus and Kroxigors and things like that. It’s definitely a challenge, so you kind of do need the likes of Kroak and the likes of the Cult of Sotek to really keep you going and keep you alive."

“Yeah, map placement is an interesting topic and it becomes more and more interesting the more DLCs we do, because you run out of areas to use, right? So, you’ve got to try and find somewhere that A) isn’t already occupied, and B) makes sense for the character." - Nakai confirmed boys.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

ad090 posted:

"He’s all about Warpstone, as the Skaven are, and with this Warp Fuel then you’ll be able to spend that in your Workshop to unlock buffs for the weapons team units that Ikit focuses on. So yeah, you’ll get different things like ammo types for different units, you can get your Ratling Guns to have unlimited ammo…"

GUNS GUNS GUNS

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Can you put ratling guns on walls..?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Can you put ratling guns on walls..?

I'm going to be so bummed if you can't have ratling guns and jezzails on the walls

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think the rule is no large things on walls so it depends if they count as large.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm not familiar with the lore, are Jezzails the skaven two man teams that are a hunched over rat holding a shield with the barrel of a gun going over his shoulder, with a second rat behind the first, holding onto the gun and shooting it?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yep.

A Jezail is an Afghan domestically produced rifle that enjoyed quite a lot of success against the contemporary musket armed professional armies operating in the region.

Skaven seem set to reproduce the general experience of having your formation of guys in fancy uniforms picked off one at a time by irritable Afghans sitting on the top of ridgelines.

And the concept of sticking your musket on a stand to aim it also has basis in reality:

https://collections.royalarmouries.org/object/rac-object-49471.html

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Apr 8, 2019

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Also the jezzails hit reeeeally loving hard. Bane of knights due to their range and armor-piercing shot. They'll be a less-overkill and probably more reliable option for anti-large work over Warp Lightning Cannons.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

AnEdgelord posted:

Nah Black Arks are pretty much the fantasy equivalent of the US carrier fleets.

britannia rules the waves tho

also Sotek is totally a chaos god and Teeniweeni is a mutant skink it owns lol

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Nash posted:

I’d really like Alberic to get a ship like the Vampirates do. Make it happen programmers.

dunno if its already been posted but modders gotcha back

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1569393500

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

They also have a (hilarious) reload animation, which is interesting. Did we see any other firearm units that might have one now.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I just found out the skaven have walkie talkies called "farsqueakers"

This game is loving great I goddamn love puns.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Apr 8, 2019

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Tried out Lucky's mod and started a Beastmen campaign.

These skill tree changes are awesome.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

enjoy, i got a fuckload of hours out of trying each race

i did use the 3x growth mod because i hate wasting turns though

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well as Beastmen that's really not a problem considering your main opponent is bretonnia for the early campaign and razing their cities for growth is really easy once you get a gorebull to enhance your minotaurs. Still hands down the most killy monstrous infantry unit in the game.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Arcsquad12 posted:

I said this before about luckys.

I have never been so excited for ungors.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Khornegors are no joke ruthless as gently caress.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

OwlFancier posted:

Yep.

A Jezail is an Afghan domestically produced rifle that enjoyed quite a lot of success against the contemporary musket armed professional armies operating in the region.

Skaven seem set to reproduce the general experience of having your formation of guys in fancy uniforms picked off one at a time by irritable Afghans sitting on the top of ridgelines.

And the concept of sticking your musket on a stand to aim it also has basis in reality:

Calling it now, if we get Kislev we're going to have Kislevite handgunners shooting from stands.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Azran posted:

Calling it now, if we get Kislev we're going to have Kislevite handgunners shooting from stands.

The stands are also poleaxes.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Kislev should be able to target their own retreating units to make them rally.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
And their legendary Lord will ride a bear.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Arcsquad12 posted:

And their legendary Lord will ride a bear.

Bear for one, magical ice sled for his daughter.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

i look forward to a subplot about Kislev meddling in Imperial politics to get Karl Franz elected.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Azran posted:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Warmaster was such a goddamn great game. I'm still salty the old world exploded :smith:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Yessss give me handgunner wagons

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
CA make a bigger one with a bear pulling it and a cannon in the wagon

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I hope CA does end up tackling Araby and Dogs of War and Kislev and Cathay. I want to see what weird but lore-appropriate units and abilities they come up with.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I saw this the other day

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Is that a cho-ko-nu? Cathay should have them.

Edit: well it's not a crossbow but a basket of arrows lit on fire, but it's still cool

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Don't dark elves already have repeater crossbows?

The Crotch fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 8, 2019

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I just want CA to go full-on nerdgasm with the third game. Ogres, SUPER HATS Chaos Dwarfs, Chaos Undivided, Cathay, Kislev, gently caress it. Go nuts. Do the things.

I'd also love to see Araby and Dogs of War for WH2. I just hope we don't have to wait a year or more for them.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If ogres are in they HAVE to add dogs of war in so we can recruit region specific ogre mercenaries as heroes. Get one in Araby and it's dressed like a mummy. One in Bretonnia is a giant Knight or an oversized Damsel. Badlands Ogres covered in hair squigs or clad in Dwarf armour. Aztec Ogres.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

CA make a bigger one with a bear pulling it and a cannon in the wagon

Replace the bear with a squig and I think that's a warhammer fantasy equivalent of a looted leman russ.

Olive Branch posted:

Is that a cho-ko-nu? Cathay should have them.

Edit: well it's not a crossbow but a basket of arrows lit on fire, but it's still cool

Looks more like a handheld hwacha??

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

OwlFancier posted:

Yep.

I love matchlock weapons so much. They had the weirdest designs, like the ridiculous revolver matchlock long guns. The Jezail is probably the best one, though. Huge, long, intricate, usually hand-manufactured and good for killing colonizers.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm especially partial to the various attempts to increase capacity before the revolver was finalized as a design.

Such as the six barreled pepperbox pistol and the turret gun, because why not have the live cylinders pointing in every direction while using iffy tolerances and highly volatile black powder?

Skaven engineering isn't far from reality when guns were a thing but not mass produced for a long time, so you had thousands of people all trying their own weird ideas for how to make bangstick go bang better.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 8, 2019

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

OwlFancier posted:

Looks more like a handheld hwacha??

Yes, it's one of those. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_rocket_launcher#/media/File:11th_century_basketry_fire_arrow_rocket_launcher.jpg

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I always love how Kislev is 99% Russian but then also winged hussars because they’re too badass not to include in some form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I always love how Kislev is 99% Russian but then also winged hussars because they’re too badass not to include in some form

Also, in the tabletop rpg, ice witches are loving terrifying. Pretty much every other form of magic has a lot of utility beyond killing people. Ice magic, not so much. Ice magic is about 95% "kill dudes" and "make it easier to kill dudes" with a special helping of gently caress you for anyone wearing heavy armor. Like, say, Chaos warriors.