Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is there a joke in the poll?
This poll is closed.
Nope 12 8.16%
Nothing 10 6.80%
Sorry 18 12.24%
Bowsette 107 72.79%
Total: 147 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

oops all gokus

I hope this means that SonicFox can devote more energy to MK11. I can't believe that has already eclipsed DBZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Didn’t soul calibur just come out?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dbfz is like hitting 40000 buttons to do ho hum damage to the opponent that they will regen most of if you drop your pressure and let them swap.
If you get caught on defense its like just strap in cause you cant do to much until they finally gently caress up

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Didn’t soul calibur just come out?

It never had the biggest competitive scene and it's been so long since the last game (and even longer since the last good game? I dunno I stopped following it after SCII and only came back for VI)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Six is cool but harada is loving up his games with these canned cutscene moves that really sap my energy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SC6 would have been way better without meter, the super moves are optimal damage dealing options so about 1/3rd of every match is super animations its really dumb

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Like RA in tekken is fine, usually i only see those when people get salty but sc6 matches have supers, those RPS duals, idk man

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It's time for dead or alive to make its stateside comback

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Oh poo poo its 2015 already

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

gently caress I think I'm gonna get back into SCVI, I forgot 2B was in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwP0YdUvbaE&t=4s

Is she a competitive character? Might go back and watch the Evo Japan top 8

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

2b is like no matter what buttons you are hitting shes doing insane poo poo.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Calling apex legends a "cash in game" is some scalding hot take

Maybe you don't enjoy it but like it's objectively well made and considering how many people like me are like "I never liked pubg but apex is super dope" maybe slagging it off is wide of the mark

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

It is time for birds.

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1115731014511362049
https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1115789666782011392
https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1115815591967907840

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

2b is like no matter what buttons you are hitting shes doing insane poo poo.

The fact that she can just dodge if you're good at timing is fantastic.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
give all birds merkava teeth

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Out of curiosity does anybody know which game debuted the thing all old JRPGs do where the sprites of all the party members will walk into the main character and disappear in the transition from cutscene to gameplay? It's so ubiquitous it's easy to forget that it's kind of a weird and striking visual

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DQ2 maybe?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I popped in MGSV to gently caress around and suddenly discovered "challenges" were added and had already unlocked like 50 rewards for it? After pressing X like 50 times suddenly I unlocked a bunch of new weapons like "Tornado, Ocelot's revolver" and looked at the weapons tree while it built. There's still like 70 "???" slots in the weapons upgrade tree, how the gently caress would any sane person ever get their base levels high enough to get everything? God bless this wonderful loving mess of a game.

I think MGSV would have been way better as a pure episodic thing because the open world material-collection bullshit guarantees there's just no way in hell you can start a new game because the grind to unlock better poo poo is insanity. Which is a shame because the overall game engine and controls are so far ahead of their time and nobody can even come close to how good the FOX engine mechanics are. Idk why Ubisoft didn't crib more from it because Wildlands and Division feel like dogshit compared to MGSV.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

nah, they follow you around on the map in all the DQ games. I feel like there was some late famicom game that started the trend but idk, most of those rpgs didn't really have cutscenes with scripted movement like that. and by the time the snes came out, FF4 already had party members popping out of you

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
idk which game started it but it was enough of a thing by the time smrpg came out that they poke fun at the concept

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's my good friend Mark.

Also, more like Dragonball Fighter zzzzzz. As in you're asleep, because it's boring to watch.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The fighting in DBFZ is so lovingly animated that it's weird how hilariously cheap looking the story mode is.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

chumbler posted:

It's my good friend Mark.

Also, more like Dragonball Fighter zzzzzz. As in you're asleep, because it's boring to watch.

Mark is a very good boy and if I had the patience to sit down and get to know a fighting game I would definitely try to make them my main.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

me: I don't like playing VR shooters because the violence is too realistic and it makes me uncomfortable
also me: wow if I grab people by the neck in this VR swordfighting game I can stab them all I want, that's sick

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

precision posted:

Calling apex legends a "cash in game" is some scalding hot take

Maybe you don't enjoy it but like it's objectively well made and considering how many people like me are like "I never liked pubg but apex is super dope" maybe slagging it off is wide of the mark

That dude was complaining about a Star Wars game about which we know nothing more than a title and setting for two posts before admitting he doesn't even like Star Wars anyway so yeah, consider the source I suppose.

Edit: Having worked on a failed Star Wars game it's become fascinating to me how difficult devs are finding it to make a successful one. Cursed IP.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

disney infinity is the most successful star wars video game in like 15 years, in my opinion

now the star wars board games, they're all great

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Star Bores

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

My only experience with star wars was the rogue leader game on gamecube and it was p good

why didn't they just keep doing that

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

they did. they made a sequel to it and it was awful. but it also included all of rogue leader playable in split screen coop so that was cool

and then 15 years later they released exactly one 15 minute flight simulator mission as VR dlc for battlefront, and no more

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
There’s that one VR xwing mission in Battlefront, which captures that Rogue One magic. They shoulda done more of that instead of whatever they’ve been doing all this time

Edit: ^^^ haha

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
What about, and stay with me here, a Star Wars... Battle Royale?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What was the deal with that Lair game where you fly a dragon around blowing poo poo up or whatever, I remember hearing it was bad but I never heard why it was bad

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Rarity posted:

What about, and stay with me here, a Star Wars..
Battle Royale?

100 clone troopers drop into the battle of Hoth. No one gets any successful kills because they keep missing every shot.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I always found it funny that the Star Wars games introduced a protagonist named Kyle

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FirstAidKite posted:

What was the deal with that Lair game where you fly a dragon around blowing poo poo up or whatever, I remember hearing it was bad but I never heard why it was bad

They made you use the motion controls in the sixaxis to fly the dragon and it worked very poorly

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

They made you use the motion controls in the sixaxis to fly the dragon and it worked very poorly

Even when they finally patched in normal controls, the game was still pretty bad.

:rip: Factor 5

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Even when they finally patched in normal controls, the game was still pretty bad.

:rip: Factor 5

What was bad about it?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

What was bad about it?

Besides the controls (which still need some sixaxis controller shaking even after the patch iirc): the gameplay and missions were very repetitive, the story was generic and predictable, game lacks a minimap or clear mission objectives which is made worse by most of the terrain being brown and visually bland.

The graphics, music and VA were good but everything else was mediocre to outright bad.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It was there posterchild for YCS 'lol brown, no games' for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Lego Star Wars games are insanely good