Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Bob Tuskins
Jul 27, 2007

I couldn't imagine life without the beautiful sight of the green horde

Best Enkidel art yet.

Bob Tuskins fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Apr 10, 2019

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Diog are rivets a thing in Ur?

examine the incomplete tube- is there anything we can identify that could be what ‘locks’ it into the wall- and how it could be ‘unlocked’

are there any sections of wall that have spirals in them?

also put Uriah’s band in a bowl of warm water

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
X
I'm tires o this floor but may as well go for completion.

This two day detour is gonna end up taking two months.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

:five:

Maybe we'll find a wrench twister next.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Volmarias posted:

How the gently caress did we not know about the screw though? :psyboom:

We're going to crow about it and on the way back we'll stop at some Blooded Water Pump and just feel like the biggest goddamn idiots.

In real life the screw wasn't known (to the Greeks, so Western historians pretend that's the same as all of humanity, someone in Egypt probably invented it a century or two before) until like 500 BC-ish. We're 2000 years ahead of the curve on knowing it exists.

Although the compound pulley was invented a few centuries after the screw and Baitel has those so lol they definitely know screws exist and just aren't sharing.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Apr 10, 2019

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Baitel has giant crossbows and poo poo. They don't care about the frontier.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Outrail posted:

Baitel has giant crossbows and poo poo. They don't care about the frontier.

While deliberately keeping the tech level low for Reasons.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

This is perfect, especially the one on the right. I challenge anyone to tell me what the one on the right does.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Diogines posted:

This is perfect, especially the one on the right. I challenge anyone to tell me what the one on the right does.

Just lol if you don't have two of those in your house.'interesing that Carine's is reddish, that would be a major faux pad in my area.

Any medieval weaponry expert here? :

Could screws help with the slingspult issue? Maybe they could help the wood survive higher efforts?

The problem with the crossbows Ashael/Esher invented was that they were too slow to reload. Could some sort of hand crank screw based thing help with that?

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

The wood would break regardless probably. We have nails to fix wood together but regardless of how much we slap on it it will break over time.

Also cranks are pretty drat complex and I don't think we've combined the wheel and wedges to make gears yet have we?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

The River Rock Crusher and asawheels both must have some sort of gear system to translate the rotation of the wheel into vertically lifting the hammer/turning a horizontal millstone

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

Come to think of it, Larson's god is pretty on the nose for Ur religion:

El creating demons:

Bonus Orm and Asherah

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Diogines posted:

Someone melted a Steyr Aug

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Diogines posted:

You'd use that one to measure circumference.

Ooh, or it could be a pipe cutter.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Diogines posted:

What Og does in his personal time is none of your business.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Diogines posted:

Adjustable vise grips, clearly. The jaws are at an angle for ease of use in telescope manufacturing. Sort of like a combo vise grip/tongue and groove pliers.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

I also just noticed that Enkidel is a cyclops.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Diogines posted:

I also just noticed that Enkidel is a cyclops.

I was just following the established tradition of Mighty Funny Pictures, as passed down from Gary Labarason

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

I was just following the established tradition of Mighty Funny Pictures, as passed down from Gary Labarason

:rimshot:

:golfclap:

I, too, see an AUG.

wait. AUG. OG. Oh my god, we're a bioweapon.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I wonder if any of the tools we can't identify are calipers. Precision measurements are cool and the sort of thing that you'd want when making telescopes and lenses.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

W

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Mr. Nemo posted:

Any medieval weaponry expert here?

Could screws help with the slingspult issue? Maybe they could help the wood survive higher efforts?

OH BOY, LEMME TALK ABOUT THIS

screws as they are could probably assist in ensuring the slingapult does not fall apart at the seams where you put the wood together, but as I remember part of the problem is the wood shattering from the force which I believe to be a problem with the lumber we are using moreso than our construction methods

a cranequin crossbow works using gears and wheels and we could conceivably create it..... if we make complex pulley systems

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Diogines posted:

It's one of the simple machines, a Bnaimokt remover. You simply smash a Bnaimokt in the head two or three times and poof, Bnaimokt removed.

Still need to use the Bnaimokt corpse remover afterwards. Hopefully we'll be able to combine those two tools soon to save space.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Sperglord Firecock posted:

OH BOY, LEMME TALK ABOUT THIS

screws as they are could probably assist in ensuring the slingapult does not fall apart at the seams where you put the wood together, but as I remember part of the problem is the wood shattering from the force which I believe to be a problem with the lumber we are using moreso than our construction methods

a cranequin crossbow works using gears and wheels and we could conceivably create it..... if we make complex pulley systems

Username 50% correct, 100% if you worship Nusku.

I so hope we can get some cool poo poo out of Leefkandi with all the stuff we are gonna bring back (lol Kavodel time is at least 1 real life year away)

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Sperglord Firecock posted:

We totally already invented those!

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Neraren posted:

We totally already invented those!

then the problem is then getting the systems small enough to actually winch a crossbow string back, not to mention making a metal crossbow string, not to mention a strong enough arm

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Diogines posted:

Beat with better posts, but easy. You hold the thin part on the left, adjust with the spiral turner. Torque it and it moves bigish size tubes back and forth in very small increments.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

Diogines posted:

Looks to be a fairly standard retroencabulator.

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
X

Blooded bronze excavating drill here we come!

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Crazycryodude posted:

In real life the screw wasn't known (to the Greeks, so Western historians pretend that's the same as all of humanity, someone in Egypt probably invented it a century or two before) until like 500 BC-ish. We're 2000 years ahead of the curve on knowing it exists.

Although the compound pulley was invented a few centuries after the screw and Baitel has those so lol they definitely know screws exist and just aren't sharing.

And that's screws as Pumps/presses. Screws as fasteners only goes back to around the 15th century.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Labaras riveted, and drat it so will i

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Rosie the riveter but enkidel.jpg

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

TK-42-1 posted:

Rosie the riveter but enkidel.jpg

Nah, Ruthie the riveter.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

i’m just trying to bait someone into drawing it

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

X

Yeah keep prodding.

I'm kinda against breaking stuff - this place still has semi active combat marmot automatons, and there's no real telling what might set them off, or what other security measures might activate.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Lead out in cuffs posted:

X

Yeah keep prodding.

I'm kinda against breaking stuff - this place still has semi active combat marmot automatons, and there's no real telling what might set them off, or what other security measures might activate.

We already busted a hole out of the almost indestructible combat tower challenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I think they mean the 10th floor statue guardians, not the magic groundhog.