Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Huh. I wonder if CA’s just trying to tell us that FLC lords will be used for those that don’t have marketability in DLCs and so wouldn’t be in otherwise. Presumably meaning that there would be more DLCs down the road with the more popular characters. I guess if that means we end up with all the well known characters as well as the Tretch Craventails of the world then that’s cool by me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ad090 posted:

The only iffy thing is he's a flc lord, but the major units he buffs are a dlc-only unit.

To be accurate out of the three unit he buffs only 1 one of them is dlc but that is still quite lovely.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Someone who's actually good at the game, please explain: Isn't it weird to have a flying unit LL in a faction with 3 fliers?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Grace just posted that that is pretty much their intent with FLC Lords, to bring not-so-iconic characters to the fore. Which, alright, makes sense I guess.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Elswyyr posted:

Someone who's actually good at the game, please explain: Isn't it weird to have a flying unit LL in a faction with 3 fliers?

Karl Franz and Balthasar Gelt both get flying mounts in a faction with 0 non-character flying units

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
Lords that actually do unique things and make you play the faction differently, or at least promote that, are good from a gameplay sense. You don’t have to play him if you don’t want but a guy that makes a giant flying dinosaur army interesting is a neat concept when boiled down. It’s better than another lord that just buffs Sauroks or something instead.

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009
There's a truly superb amount of salt on both the stream chat and on reddit about this.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Kaza42 posted:

Karl Franz and Balthasar Gelt both get flying mounts in a faction with 0 non-character flying units

He means that his campaign buffs focus on flying units

Rycalawre posted:

There's a truly superb amount of salt on both the stream chat and on reddit about this.

Total War fans? Insufferable? I am shocked

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Yeah, TBH Gor-rok sounds like he'd just be a combat lord Saurus except he's not riding a goddamn T-rex, and Nakai feels more like a Grombrindal/Green Knight figure in lore and thematically would only buff a single unit type in the entire Lizardmen roster.

If CA's intent is to give lesser-known figures more of a spotlight, then I'm cool with that because I didn't even know about Tiktaq'to until now, and the idea of a flyer Lord that buffs his fellow fliers is actually new and pretty cool for Total Warhammer.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Elswyyr posted:

There are very few factions that have more base flying units than that. I think only the High Elves, Vampire Coast and Vampire Counts?

Plus most LLs only give bonuses to a few units. There are only like 4 Saurus units Kroq-Gar gets the discount on etc.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Hahaha I thought for sure it was Gor-Rok. I can't wait to check out the sub reddit.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm

Mazz posted:

Lords that actually do unique things and make you play the faction differently, or at least promote that, are good from a gameplay sense. You don’t have to play him if you don’t want but a guy that makes a giant flying dinosaur army interesting is a neat concept when boiled down. It’s better than another lord that just buffs Sauroks or something instead.

Terradon Riders are meh by themselves, will be interesting to see what buffs he gives them, Ripperdactyls seem good before we know his buffs to them, so there is some excitement there. I think for me the real disappointment will be where he starts in ME. He starts in the desert of the old world in Vortex, if he gets thrown into Lustria for ME it would be very boring, since that would shove 5-6 lizardmen factions in a very small area. Maybe they throw him into the desert there as well, but it would be so much fun to have a lizardmen faction anywhere in the north.

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009
I can't loving believe they went with a character who has a unique playstyle over A Generic Old Blood but White or A Generic Old Blood but White and Taller.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

toasterwarrior posted:

Grace just posted that that is pretty much their intent with FLC Lords, to bring not-so-iconic characters to the fore. Which, alright, makes sense I guess.

then they need to explain Ghorst and Alberic

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I wonder if they will do what they did with Alith Anar and give TicTacToe an unique FLC version of the Ripperdactyl.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Given that Lord Kroak is a special hero I wonder if CA is trying to branch out from doing Legendary Lords to also having Legendary Heroes, Named characters who are not army leaders but are incredibly valuable in an army. There's already the dwarf ghost dads for clan Angrund. Nakai could be a special recruit in Bretonnia if you ever send an expedition to the old world to find him.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Actually Tic-Tac-Toe owns and his focus on creating dino air force owns even harder. Haters vacate.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Whorelord posted:

then they need to explain Ghorst and Alberic

I mean, I actually prefer Alberic to Louen because I love his bonuses to KotR, making them astonishingly cost-effective. Ordinary knights being able to raise hell against zombos, goatmen, and rear end in a top hat elves (all of them) without having to use fancy Grail poo poo or whatever is cool.

Ghorst, I can't comment, I don't play VC

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Lt. Lizard posted:

Actually Tic-Tac-Toe owns and his focus on creating dino air force owns even harder. Haters vacate.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

dlc dlc confirmed, maybe beastmen have hope

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 10, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Oh boy yeah that there twitch chat is a dumpster fire.

Feeling smugly superior to crazy internet whiners is almost as fun as playing this game sometimes.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Do we know where this new guy will start in ME yet?

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Do we know where this new guy will start in ME yet?

They're not allowed to give that away yet, probably gotta wait for their infographic for him to come out.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Arcsquad12 posted:

Given that Lord Kroak is a special hero I wonder if CA is trying to branch out from doing Legendary Lords to also having Legendary Heroes, Named characters who are not army leaders but are incredibly valuable in an army. There's already the dwarf ghost dads for clan Angrund. Nakai could be a special recruit in Bretonnia if you ever send an expedition to the old world to find him.

This is one of the things I most want CA to do in the future. The ghost Paladin that Cylostra gets was such a cool and powerful part of my campaign that I want everyone to have some heroes like that.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Inject that into my veins.

Also I just realized we have 2 skink LLs, which just confirms that Lizardmen are actually skink faction with some minor, unimportant sub-races. :allears:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Not being deeply invested in the characters, a flying-specialized LL seems a lot more interesting to me than another "big guy, hit stuff" who'll probably just be a worse Kroq-gar. That said, I hadn't thought about the fact that his buffs affect a paid-DLC unit, not that I'm not buying said DLC. : /

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

toasterwarrior posted:

I mean, I actually prefer Alberic to Louen because I love his bonuses to KotR, making them astonishingly cost-effective. Ordinary knights being able to raise hell against zombos, goatmen, and rear end in a top hat elves (all of them) without having to use fancy Grail poo poo or whatever is cool.

Ghorst, I can't comment, I don't play VC

I'm not so much talking about bonuses and such, but more about the fact that they're both basically nobodies in the lore. Like Alberic is barely there in the lore and there's this dude in Bastonne who seems much mire fitting https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Bohemond_Beastslayer

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Mordja posted:

Not being deeply invested in the characters, a flying-specialized LL seems a lot more interesting to me than another "big guy, hit stuff" who'll probably just be a worse Kroq-gar. That said, I hadn't thought about the fact that his buffs affect a paid-DLC unit, not that I'm not buying said DLC. : /

Given that he buffs the entire Lizardman flying roster as his Thing, I don't really think that's a problem. If you don't buy the DLC, you still get a LL who buffs 100% of your flying units. And it would be super weird to have him NOT buff ripperdactyles

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also, its not like they're stuck with just random boring picks that have 2 sentences in a lore book. VC got Cylostra who was made up out of whole cloth and she's easily the most interesting LL on that (strong) roster.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Whorelord posted:

I'm not so much talking about bonuses and such, but more about the fact that they're both basically nobodies in the lore. Like Alberic is barely there in the lore and there's this dude in Bastonne who seems much mire fitting https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Bohemond_Beastslayer

Well, there's also the gameplay aspect. As I've said, a Bretonnian Lord that isn't a Grail Knight and is more about the "mundane" aspects of Bretonnia does stand out. Bohemond sounds like a combat Lord with a specialty against large units, which is fine, but he won't stand out as much like Alberic's KotR-heavy army versus Louen's Grail Knights and the Fay Enchantress' Pilgrim swarm with Guardian support.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
Oh my god they actually added tiq taq to! I thought there was no chance in hell but here he is and I love it

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Reddit isn't as bad about TikTakTo as I had thought it would be. The biggest issue seems to be that half of TikTakTo's skills affect Ripperdactyls, the phrase 'Ripperdactyl Paywall' is being tossed around plenty because of it.

What do you think? I think it'd be weird if his buffs didn't apply to Ripperdactyls if he is Lizard Sky Master

Personally I cant imagine not instabuying this DLC and being worried about that poo poo at all

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

Reddit isn't as bad about TikTakTo as I had thought it would be. The biggest issue seems to be that half of TikTakTo's skills affect Ripperdactyls, the phrase 'Ripperdactyl Paywall' is being tossed around plenty because of it.

What do you think? I think it'd be weird if his buffs didn't apply to Ripperdactyls if he is Lizard Sky Master

It is the fact that you have to buy the dlc to use him to his fullest which is making people unhappy.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I think that’s a legitimate complaint, and they should probably do what they did for Alith Anar and give him a unique version of the unit that only he can recruit that goes in for free. Trying to do lord of the skies with only the base game flyers doesn’t sound super fun.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The stream did bring up an interesting point as it seems as though Lord Kroak is free content.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Hunt11 posted:

The stream did bring up an interesting point as it seems as though Lord Kroak is free content.

Y...es..? It was in the blog when they revealed the DLC.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Tik Tak To-wns

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Gejnor posted:

Y...es..? It was in the blog when they revealed the DLC.

Well I feel like an idiot.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Got problems? Have you tried dropping rocks on them?

Daemons? Drop a rock on em.

Rebellions? Drop a rock on em.

Ethereal souls of fallen kings wielding magical ghostly blades and an unending hate for the living? Drop a rock on em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(
So it would be better if he either didn't exist at all due to buffing flyers, the new flyers wheren't added due to can't clash with freelc lord or that he just buffed part of the flyers? :psyduck:

It's a free dude, he can buff whatever he wants as far as I am concerned.