Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Apocalypse?
This poll is closed.
conquest 212 19.26%
war 244 22.16%
famine 353 32.06%
death 292 26.52%
Total: 733 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

TwoStepBoog posted:

I would like to correct a previous post of mine.
Mumford and Sons are the worst.

we saw Best Coast open for the Pixie reunion tour in 2014 in Austin and that was definitely a contender

pretty much every song was in the same key

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
https://twitter.com/JakubKrupa/status/1116106010295504897

damnit jupiter you had one job

augias
Apr 7, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

I'm amazed that this hasn't yet turned into pages and pages of posts of only obscure music videos yet, or that excellent gif of the guy walking out of a shed and playing violin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSydIQmZRsA

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

and this is to go even further beyond

you can call it amphetamine psychosis 3

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

emfive posted:

the FLW house/studio near Chicago is cool and beautiful in some ways, stupid in other ways, also some cringey stuff, and generally weird.

My music child was ready to burn it down after seeing the "piano stuck halfway in a wall" feature.

However it's amazing to walk around the neighborhood and see his other houses made for non-crazy people.

the school he started in scottsdale at taliesin west is literally run like a cult. if you ever get a chance to take a tour do it. the tour guides are students there and they make it really obvious that poo poo is weird

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

tarpm

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

emfive posted:

we saw Best Coast open for the Pixie reunion tour in 2014 in Austin and that was definitely a contender

There's a lot of summer beach rock bands that just pump out the same song 10 times and call it an album.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
seriously that Idaho primary debate is a pro watch

I wonder what insane biker dude is doing these days

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

this is loving bullshit

break the world you idiots!

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
brexit is gonna get cancelled as hard as next year's election

Calm
Apr 7, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

the schoolhouse rock three chambers checks and balances poo poo is nonsense because nobody ever bothered to create some laws

checks unwritten rules& balances decorums

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1116060784637952002

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

:hmmyes:

augias
Apr 7, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AGL3tdw0T8
Only the realest love songz

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

emfive posted:

the FLW house/studio near Chicago is cool and beautiful in some ways, stupid in other ways, also some cringey stuff, and generally weird.

My music child was ready to burn it down after seeing the "piano stuck halfway in a wall" feature.

However it's amazing to walk around the neighborhood and see his other houses made for non-crazy people.

he also designed the ASU performance hall

when my orchestra director heard I was looking at the school he said I needed to check the hall out and it looked like an upside down pink cupcake

he was correct on both counts

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the national emergency at the border needs to be dealt with before we can hold fair elections, voter fraud is out of control and all the crooks illegally crossing the border threaten the integrity of the election

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I love when Dems post poo poo like this as though America isn't applauding it

you can't act like the horror is self-evident when it's a significant cultural feature

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

loving cowards

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

IF YOU DON'T LIKE TOOL YOU ARE A TRYHARD HIPSTER ADD THIS SIG TO YOUR POSTS IF YOU SUPPORT TOOL!!!

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

emfive posted:

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

TwoStepBoog posted:

There's a lot of summer beach rock bands that just pump out the same song 10 times and call it an album.

my metric is that if I've seen a School of Rock performance that I liked better, it must be really terrible. That doesn't happen super often even though I was watching my own SoR kids usually, but when a band I paid money to see is objectively worse, well that's sad.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

for the love of god, Montresor!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Not a lot of love for metal from the thread that vociferously hails Satan and begs for death.

smdh

the apotheosis of metal is babymetal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvD3CHA48pA

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is called emolument

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

understatement is dead, motherfuckers

we're doing Nazi science experiments on civilian prisoners of an undeclared war

we have to pound into the heads of all our idiot friends, family, followers, co-workers, and acquaintances that it isn't okay to support this

we have to do it by shouting at them

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

there's this cool brutalist high school next door to the cool brutalist art museum

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

this time... will be different!

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

The Marin County building off 101 or whatever is really cool, also the Scottsdale library. Wright's stuff is aesthetically extremely pleasing but like his chairs are torture devices.

My dad went to Florida Southern which I think is an FLW place, at least partially.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/haymarketbooks/status/1116105842053525504?s=19

Lol, college loan repayment and 40000 dollar signing bonuses to prop up the industrial murder machine that nobody decent wants to be a part of. No wonder they're trying to get ahead of attempts to undermine student loan debt discharge, they'll probably have to immiserate the youth even more to keep the bodies flowing in, maybe we'll resort to press gangs again soon!

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

there's this cool brutalist high school next door to the cool brutalist art museum

The Josyln rules

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

emfive posted:

The Marin County building off 101 or whatever is really cool, also the Scottsdale library. Wright's stuff is aesthetically extremely pleasing but like his chairs are torture devices.

My dad went to Florida Southern which I think is an FLW place, at least partially.
wright is a hack who killed both his wives and got away with it

augias
Apr 7, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

Im no architect but that high school doesnt look brutalist at all

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
sir, what size was that Diet Coke again?

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

I'm not sure I'd call that "Brutalist", but I'd call it "cool as hell"

Not much raw concrete and weird cantilevered parts of the building

It does however look like something from Mussolini-era Italy

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Cowards

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

smarxist posted:

https://twitter.com/haymarketbooks/status/1116105842053525504?s=19

Lol, college loan repayment and 40000 dollar signing bonuses to prop up the industrial murder machine that nobody decent wants to be a part of. No wonder they're trying to get ahead of attempts to undermine student loan debt discharge, they'll probably have to immiserate the youth even more to keep the bodies flowing in, maybe we'll resort to press gangs again soon!

strange how their utter inability to give any coherent reason why we do anything anywhere militarily because they cannot outright say it's all just being the muscle of capital and nothing else has been hurting recruitment

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

oh and his buildings were terribly constructed because, spoiler alert, he was a loving hack

calling him a good architect is like calling Hitler a good painter, not only are you defending a monster but you're straight-up wrong

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

FAUXTON posted:

lol how many busted teeth on the sidewalk/river?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

FAUXTON posted:

If thats brutalist then call me Doomguy