Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

I just want to build a ski jump carrier. No, not one of the boring real ones I mean like an Olympic style massive ski jump where the planes are winched up to the top like it's a rollercoaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Galactica still side-during catapult launch tubes or get out.

Imaginary Baron
Apr 14, 2010
The Matrix Easter sale is on... 30% off everything using happyeaster coupon code. I may finally pick up Strategic Command WAW. Might be the first time to grab Armored Brigade on sale.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Imaginary Baron posted:

Might be the first time to grab Armored Brigade on sale.

Of course this would happen a few days after I purchase it.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

You'll never get your steam key if you do that.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

One. More. Week

Should we make a thread? Once RW1 started catching on with goons it really dominated the grog thread until I made a thread where we Ruled the Waves happily for a few months until the hype died down and the thread died.

If others think a thread would be good I can start cooking up an OP.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Galaga Galaxian posted:

One. More. Week

Should we make a thread? Once RW1 started catching on with goons it really dominated the grog thread until I made a thread where we Ruled the Waves happily for a few months until the hype died down and the thread died.

If others think a thread would be good I can start cooking up an OP.

I wouldn't mind seeing traffic in here, tbh.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

This is a megathread because none of these games are popular enough to sustain a thread to themselves. It's natural that chat gravitates to particular releases when they happen.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Just checking, cause at the time people were complaining about it.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
does Strategic Command World at War have smaller scenarios, or would I have to get Strategic Command War in Europe

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
god forbid not every thread in this hell forum is based on a single game where if you say one negative thing about it you get probated

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
Yeah, I’m not a RTW guy and have no interest in the naval genre, but I get a kick out of the excitement over it. So...fwiw just post here.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

RTW is this threads gateway drug. First you are making some wireframe ship superstructure next thing you know you have a let's play of WITP and can only see the world in hexes.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
i am extremely excited about rtw2 and will post about it here regardless of the haters, critics, complainers, and trick rear end marks

Tetraptous
Nov 11, 2004

Dynamic instability during transition.
Yeah, this thread (or it's prior incarnation) is already like the internet's #1 spot for Rule the Wave chat; perhaps even more active than all the threads on the NWS boards combined. I probably never would have found the game had it had its own thread here, and now I'm all about it. Sorry people who don't like ships! We're going to be talking about them a lot for the next few weeks!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

It is kinda crazy how excited I am for a windows 95 looking spreadsheet grog game. I don’t even really get excited this much for AAA games or indie darlings anymore.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Grey Hunter posted:

Right, with RTW2 less than a week to go, and with a new thread, I think we should remind people of some ground rules.

1) No spoilers - I'll never forget the time that poor goon had the ending of WITE spoiled. "but how was I supposed to know Germany lost!" he cried. no one wants to have the ending spoiled - we want that end game cut scene to be meaningful.
2) No anime fan art. - Battleships are sexy beasts, do not demean them by drawing them as grossly disproportioned girls.
3) No Slash fics. - That Warspite/Enterprise thing will haunt us until the rest of our days.

Thanks!

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Apr 18, 2019

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
mods???

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
just like in rtw 2d is better, get over it

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
What's your take on a good WW1 strategic game? Is Commander: The Great War decent?

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
That's the default recommendation.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

As someone who'll buy RTW2 on day one, I think it'd be smart to make a separate thread. I seem to remember the grog thread was 90% RTW posts when goons discovered it, plus having it in a separate thread might help to get fresh eyes on it. Once the hype about it dies down in a few months the conversation could just be folded back into here

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I'd be very surprised if we don't end up needing a RTW2 thread but I suppose we might as well wait and see.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Never would have caught RTW if it didn't get it's own thread.

Playing as CSA and got a random event that popped me into war with the US and I can't really accomplish anything, also they are assholes and built 3 12" gun forts at the north entrance to the Chesapeake... which I ran into while limping home from a coastal raid against New York.

I wish they'd make it so the AI fought in it's own wars because GB is terrifying when it takes 0 losses all game.

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Apr 19, 2019

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Honestly though people complaining about the number of posts in a thread, even if not directly related to the thread, is pretty par for the course for a grognard.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

just wait a day and see how many posts rtw2 generates

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Yeah it'll be loving great because discourse is awesome.

A site of only lurkers sucks poo poo.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Yeah it'll be loving great because discourse is awesome.

A site of only lurkers sucks poo poo.

What happened to Xenforo 2.0? Discourse is really great for doing SSLP's, not much experience beyond that with it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I meant discoure as in posting and talking.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Dramicus posted:

What's your take on a good WW1 strategic game? Is Commander: The Great War decent?

There's a recent stratcom focused on ww1 as well

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
just make a new thread. it'll die in a month or two after the hype dies down and be reabsorbed into this one

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

gradenko_2000 posted:

does Strategic Command World at War have smaller scenarios, or would I have to get Strategic Command War in Europe

These are the scenarios for SC:WaW - basically all World War scenarios with different start dates.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Personally, I'd like a new thread for RTW2, it's not there to permanently be the place to talk RTW, but, it'll deal with most of the buzz and make sure other stuff doesn't get drowned out.

Hawke
May 1, 2008
My only experience with this type of game is trying and failing to do the submarine tutorials in CMANO but either way I'm super hyped to pick up RTW2 and make some sort of leaky bathtub with a ramp on it.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

What are my options for Ancient-era grog?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
post the RTW2 stuff here you cowards. Nobody's going to mind a rush of one-game posting when the whole thread's excited for it

Mode 7 posted:

What are my options for Ancient-era grog?

Field of Glory 2 and Alea Jacta Est

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
:justpost:

It's on topic and there's nothing else really to talk about.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
How often do grog games even come out? We are still playing games 10, 15, even 20 years old

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

They come out surprisingly frequently anymore, it just doesn't keep them from looking like they came out 15 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Are there any good guides to getting into Ageod games? Rise of Prussia has a tutorial but it cannot teach me to get good at it.