Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Only 50, which is some drat impressive restraint

You have to be trolling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

My question is why they're even continuing to support the game. Like, even the few idiots who buy repair packs can't be generating enough revenue to justify having people working on new content, right? Would anyone have their opinion of Bethesda lowered any further if they just got it over with and flushed this turd? Frankly it seems like a net PR gain, giving The Pip Boyz more time to memory-hole this disaster so they can get unreasonably hyped when Beth starts pushing Starfield or whatever comes next.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

After two years of working on NMS it became an okay game.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

My question is why they're even continuing to support the game. Like, even the few idiots who buy repair packs can't be generating enough revenue to justify having people working on new content, right? Would anyone have their opinion of Bethesda lowered any further if they just got it over with and flushed this turd? Frankly it seems like a net PR gain, giving The Pip Boyz more time to memory-hole this disaster so they can get unreasonably hyped when Beth starts pushing Starfield or whatever comes next.

Because at the very least it can work as a testing ground for any boneheaded idea they might want to try.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

bird with big dick posted:

After two years of working on NMS it became an okay game.

I guess it's just because I like the RPG parts of Fallout rather then the shooty action, which leaves me utterly and irrevocably outside the game's target audience, but I just can't imagine what that would even look like for 76, or how they would get there from where they are now.

People who actually think such a thing is possible: what would the devs have to do to make the game good?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

I guess it's just because I like the RPG parts of Fallout rather then the shooty action, which leaves me utterly and irrevocably outside the game's target audience, but I just can't imagine what that would even look like for 76, or how they would get there from where they are now.

People who actually think such a thing is possible: what would the devs have to do to make the game good?

Honestly, if they went ALL THE WAY. The same way there are no NPCs, there should be no enemies. That would fix this game and make it trancendent.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Yeah I’m in the same boat as you. I may be able to get some more limited enjoyment out of some exploration in 76 but without the NPCs it pretty much just feels dead.

I’d be better off doing another play through of 4, I’ve only ever sided with the minutemen so I’ve never even seen Liberty Prime.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My Fallout PC case has supposedly been delivered.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Donovan Trip posted:

Because at the very least it can work as a testing ground for any boneheaded idea they might want to try.

lol @ Bethesda trying new things

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

bird with big dick posted:

Yeah I’m in the same boat as you. I may be able to get some more limited enjoyment out of some exploration in 76 but without the NPCs it pretty much just feels dead.

I’d be better off doing another play through of 4, I’ve only ever sided with the minutemen so I’ve never even seen Liberty Prime.

Be a baddy and do the raider quest line in nuka world.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

LingcodKilla posted:

Be a baddy and do the raider quest line in nuka world.

I Tried to be a good guy and realized it just ended most of the expansion with a massive firefight and then went through it the “right” way where I became a raider and started taking over settlements.

Tbh if I do a second play through I’ll prolly by a good guy for Nuka World and just slaughter all the raiders because the whole making settlements into raider camps is just another mechanic that wasn’t really that interesting to me after the first few.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The one perk from the operators seems very strong.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I liked Nukaworld (I liked a lot of the quest/storylines like Safari adventure and the hubologists from FO2 and poo poo) but I think they hosed up by not making it all doable by a "good" character. It was a long time ago that I ran through it but IIRC you could have done all the exact same poo poo just pretending that you were a raider and doing poo poo like going to one of your settlements and saying "hey, I'm gonna be back in an hour with some assholes just do whatever I say and nobody will get hurt and then in a little while I'll come back and kill these raider pricks and everything will go back to normal."

Also though I'm not sure how many of the lines were doable even if you did slaughter all the raiders. Like Safari Adventure I assume could play out exactly the same?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

It is literally so people will question and talk about if this is pay to win to have people talk about the game. You are just dancing to Bethesda's tune.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Vinylshadow posted:

:hmmyes:

They're trying to make "Cosmetic" into "Anything that doesn't give competitive advantage" which (to be fair) Repair Kits do not - there's no competitive in Adventure Mode, and the battles in Survival are too short for degradation to factor in, rendering Repair Kits superfluous

I just hope Bethesda notices the fact "Cosmetic" means visual, and that they take the vehement feedback into account and make Repair Kits craftable in-game before long, and remove them from the Atom Shop

If not, nobody's making you buy them

“Nobody’s making you buy” is the millennial equivalent to “they were only following orders”.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Deadguy2322 posted:

“Nobody’s making you buy” is the millennial equivalent to “they were only following orders”.

lol cause it's true

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Not only do you not have to buy repair kits, you don't have to play this game

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I can't wait until they acknowledge that repair kits are pay to win and nerf them into something useless without doing anything for the people that actually spent money on them.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

It is literally so people will question and talk about if this is pay to win to have people talk about the game. You are just dancing to Bethesda's tune.

Can’t believe I fell for Todd’s masterful gambit.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Tenzarin posted:

are you serious?

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
They had to make a real poo poo fallout game so it would get extremely bad reviews and gamers everywhere would all go "it can't possibly be that bad" and buy a copy just to see.

They couldn't just make a mediocre game because it would just be given a 7/10 everywhere and only fallout fans would play it, they really had to outdo themselves and make a completely garbage game to make everyone stand up and notice.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
drat, everything about fallout76 tricked us into thinking they were bumbling incompetent fools, yet here they were, playing 4d PR chess all along. Todd you visionary genius, you've done it again

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Clapping but for Fallout 7y

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

rodbeard posted:

I can't wait until they acknowledge that repair kits are pay to win and nerf them into something useless without doing anything for the people that actually spent money on them.

Nothing should be done for the people that spent money on them.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Chomp8645 posted:

Nothing should be done for the people that spent money on them.

Or this game, for that matter

Eraflure posted:

You have to be trolling

If I was trolling, I'd have factored in the 15% hike price

Vinylshadow fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Apr 25, 2019

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
That Fallout 76, it sure is something awful!!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Can't you see that by making people notice Fallout 76, Todd has manipulated you into remembering -- that this game is bad?!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Oh boy, backpacks are coming

quote:

concepts the Fallout 76 Art Team put together while designing Backpacks! Not all of these made it into the game, but we thought it would be fun to share a look at the creative process.

You can also apply one of several functional mods to your backpack so that it’s better suited to the needs of your next big excursion. A few of the mods you that you can learn to craft include: increased carry capacity (it is a backpack, after all), armor plating for more damage resistance, and even a refrigeration unit, which will give any food within some added shelf-life. However, many of these utility mods will take up some space once installed, and will reduce some of the bonus storage your backpack provides.

quote:

Your backpack will remain visible over your outfits and armor, and while you won’t be able to see it while wearing Power Armor, you will still benefit from its carry weight bonus and the current utility mod you’ve applied. Additionally, whenever you learn a new backpack mod it will apply to all types of backpacks you can craft, so you won’t need to re-learn mods every time you try out a different pack.

Interesting...

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
"You will see your backpack that we stole from soneone's mod glitch through all outfits, armor and power armor."

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

DOUBLE XP BONUS THIS WEEKEND!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I at least hope the Vault-Tec one made it through

If only for the inevitable "I looked at the textures and they're also made from cheap nylon smh" comments

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Here's something else that's cool: The real cryptid sheepsquatch is now in game. Theres an event that has it and theres also random encounters, and I think a few places where it spawns somewhat reliably!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Backpacks would be cool in a different game

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Where's the pipboy backpack? Where's pipboy wearing a backpack? Where's pipboy?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Meat Wagon posted:

Where's the pipboy backpack? Where's pipboy wearing a backpack? Where's pipboy?

lost

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thank you, I think I needed that.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

FO5 needs a car like FO2 had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011